Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Gay
Wand
Curved 9 1/2 Inch Unyielding Mahogany Wand with Fairy Wing Core
Elvira was in New Zealand for the second time in her life. But it felt like the first time, as she hadn't seen anything outside of Hogwarts the last time she had been here. It was very different than she expected, but a lot of fun. Convincing her parents to let her see her pen-pal over the holidays hadn't been easy, but Elvira was very pleased she was here with Lizzie. The other girl had shown her around in New Zealand, visiting shops together and hanging out. It was nice that it was summer here, though the resort they were staying at was as cold and wintery as any place in Europe. Lizzie had warned her that her parents used magic to keep snow year-round, but it still took some getting used to. Elvira did better in warm environments, but she didn't mind it as much now that she got to spend time with Lizzie.

Competitive as she was, Elvira had agreed immediately when the other girl had offered to teach her ice skating. After all, how hard could it be? Quidditch was difficult and she was very good at that, so surely this would be a piece of cake as well. After managing to get the skates on, she let Lizzie help her onto the ice, holding onto her arm. But her pride and confidence soon took over and she let go. "How hard can this be anyway?" She asked. As soon as the words left her mouth, her feet slipped away in different directions and she grabbed hold of Lizzie's arm again with some force. "F***, sorry."

Lizzie had mentioned to plenty of people she knew that their lodge always had some spare space if any friends wanted to come stay, but to her delight, Elvira had been the first friend to take her up on it. It was exciting to see the seeker again under less contentious circumstances, and Lizzie had enjoyed showing her around the shops and the lodge, and spending more time together in person. The letters they had written each other over the semester had been fun, but it was a whole nother level to be talking in person again, and the more time they spent together, the more Lizzie was realising she really enjoyed spending time with Elvira.

She didn't think teaching the other girl to ice skate would be too difficult. Elvira was a seeker, she flew gracefully, and Lizzie was sure that grace would translate well to the ice with a bit of practice. She skated out onto the ice first and offered Elvira an arm, helping her out. "Just be careful until you're used to it." She said gently, and couldn't quite hold back a laugh when the other girl immediately tried to skate alone and grabbed her for balance. "Hey! See? Start careful." She laughed, linking their arms so Elvira could lean on her if she needed to. "Come on, I'll get you started." Lizzie began moving them forward carefully, one leg at a time. Caro spent more time ice skating than she did, but Lizzie could hold her own well enough, guiding Elvira around the ice. "See? Not so bad!"

Elvira stuck out her tongue at the other girl as she laughed at her. "Look, I'm still learning. In a five minutes I'll be skating circles around you." She boasted even as she held onto her for balance. The ice was very slippery, and it seemed like the skates on her feet wanted to go in a lot of directions she didn't want to go. A slight blush appeared on her cheeks as the other girl linked arms with her, something she hoped would be attributed to the cold air around them. She looked down at their feet, trying to copy what Lizzie was doing. The other girl was so graceful and sure of herself, while Elvira's feet really didn't want to listen to her. She managed to move forward without falling over, but she knew it was mostly because she was hanging onto Lizzie like she was a buoy in a turbulent ocean. "Hold on, I'll get the hang of it any minute now." She said, her tongue sticking out slightly as she tried to focus on her feet entirely. "This is harder than you make it look, you know." She pointed out. "It's like you were born on the ice."

Lizzie laughed, helping hold Elvira up even as the other girl was boasting. "Sure you will." She teased, though it wouldn't have surprised Lizzie if Elvira was as much of a natural on skates as she was on a broom. She kept her grip on the other girl carefully as she led their way across the ice, nodding encouragingly when Elvira started mirroring her movements. "That's it, easy!" She said cheerfully, then laughed at Elvira's compliment. "I pretty much was, I've been doing this long as I can remember." She smiled, keeping an easy, calm pace as she guided Elvira around the ice. "You're getting it, good work!"

It wasn't an entirely bad sensation to hold onto Lizzie the way she was, and Elvira didn't really feel like trying to skate on her own yet. She grinned at Lizzie. "See? I'm learning fast." She said, though it was more a joke than a serious boast. "Though part of that is a good teacher, I think." Her smile turned more shy as she glanced sideways at the other girl again. "So, do you know any tricks?" She asked as she forced her gaze away again. "I bet you do." She added nervously. She shouldn't let Lizzie distract her the way she did, she might mess up her skating and fall. Already, she felt less steady on the ice.

Lizzie could hear the joking in Elvira's tone, but took the comment as an opportunity to compliment the other girl. "You are!" She said encouragingly. "You're picking it up really quickly!" She laughed a little nervously as Elvira complimented her teaching. Lizzie had been teaching various skills for a long time now, and it was nice to hear she was really good at what she did. "Thanks." She said a little nervously, grinning back at Elvira. She laughed and nodded in response to the comment about tricks. "I know a few, I'll show you some once you can stand by yourself." Lizzie paused, considering it a moment. "Actually, here. I can do this and still help you." She turned to face Elvira and took hold of both of her hands instead, skating backwards now as she guided Elvira onwards. "Ta-da!"

Elvira felt her cheeks heat up again at Lizzie's compliment. Once again she wondered if they were flirting or if Lizzie was just being nice, but their letters had made her think it was more likely they were flirting. She wanted to argue when Lizzie implied she couldn't stand by herself. How hard could standing be? But before she could, Lizzie showed her something else. Elvira's eyes widened slightly as she was suddenly holding Lizzie's hands, but as she realized what they were doing she laughed. "Skating backwards, that's pretty sick." She told her with a small laugh. Hopefully, she would be able to do that soon too. "Hold on, can you stop for a moment?" She asked. There was something she wanted to do, but it was too hard when she was also trying to focus on skating. Perhaps it was a risky move, after all, she had to stay with Lizzie until she went home. She could be making things very awkward in a few moments, but Elvira was never one to shy away from taking a risk.

Lizzie grinned, satisfied to see that Elvira was impressed with her backwards skating. It wasn't the most impressive thing Lizzie could do, but she enjoyed seeing the other girl enjoying herself. "Glad you approve." She laughed, keeping a gentle hold on Elvira's hand as she guided the other girl on, making sure Elvira stayed stable. She was a little surprised when Elvira asked to stop but did so quickly, looking at the other girl questioningly. "Is everything okay?" She asked, hoping she hadn't miscalculated and scared Elvira.

Elvira was glad Lizzie stopped when she had and gave her a quick smile. She didn't let go of her hands, partly because she was fairly sure she actually wasn't able to stand on her own yet, even if she felt like she should be. "Yeah, everything's fine! Great! I mean. I'm enjoying myself." She said quickly, hoping to reassure the girl. "I just couldn't do this while skating." She said, before moving closer somewhat clumsily to press her lips against Lizzie's. She wasn't entirely stable, but that wasn't important right now. She hardly noticed as her feet started sliding backwards, too focused on the feel of her first kiss.

Lizzie was a little worried about Elvira asking to stop, hoping she hadn't done anything wrong teaching the other girl. She didn't look unhappy, but you could never quite tell just by looking exactly how someone was taking to a new experience. Lizzie relaxed slightly when Elvira reassured her that everything was fine, but that only raised more questions. Those questions were answered relatively quickly though, and Lizzie was startled to feel Elvira's lips on her own, a rush of nerves and excitement running through her. Lizzie had felt like their letters back and forth had a flirty tone, and the other girl coming all the way around the world to stay with Lizzie said a lot about things, but Lizzie had never been entirely sure of where she and Elvira were going until now. Kissing Elvira felt nothing like Lizzie's disastrous first kiss all those years ago, the softness and warmth made her heart race, the entire world fading away to nothing but Elvira. That was, until Elvira started fading away too. It took Lizzie entirely too long to realise the other girl was slipping backwards, and she only really grasped what was happening when Elvira started to fall. "Oh!" Lizzie yelped, grabbing Elvira quickly and holding her up. "Are you okay?" She laughed nervously, holding Elvira steady, still unable to believe what had just happened.

((Godmod approved))

Elvira wasn't aware of her feet sliding backwards until it was nearly too late to save herself. Thankfully, Lizzie managed to grab her. Elvira smiled sheepishly as she regained her footing, holding onto the other girl even when she felt steady. "Sorry." She said as she met Lizzie's gaze. "I'm fine. Just less smooth than I thought." She cracked a smile. "That... was okay, right?" She asked. The kiss had been brief, and it had been difficult to read Lizzie's reaction. She seemed to have been kissing back, but what if that was just instinct? Elvira needed to make sure before she tried again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back