Sneaking Away

Stalina Short

[color=99cc00]Lina wiped her hair from her eyes. She had just left a shop and was desperate to visit some more worthwhile locations. She knew she shouldn't be here, so she took one backwards glance over her shoulder, pulled out her wand and ran into the street.

She bumped into a cloaked man on the way in. She quickly called out, "Sorry sir." and then walked off quickly, before he could curse her.

Looking into the shop windows, Lina saw some very interesting objects. Knowing she probably wouldn't be able to purchase anything but wanting to browse all the same.[/color]

Luxen stepped out of his shop and bumped into a passing child "what are you doing down this alley?" Luxen asked coldly

[color=99cc00]Lina felt someone bump into her. She turned and saw it was a man. He asked her what she was doing here. "Hello, sir. I just came here to find some more," she paused, trying to think of the right word, "more elusive products. Not buying, I don't really think I've got enough money. I just want to have a look, perhaps if I see something I really like I'll send a letter to Miss. Black to ask her if I can get it." Lina had deliberately used Lily's surname, she knew it was a pure-blood family. This man scared Lina. She didn't like it.[/color]

"Liar!" Luxen roared "another spoiled kid trying to have there way in, well not for you missy, Leave Bleak Street at once!" Luxen cried out angirly.

[color=99cc00]Lina's heart froze, she hated being called a liar, especially when she wasn't lying. She clenched her new wand in her pocket, she hadn't used it yet, but knew a couple of spells. Although if this man tried to curse her she'd have to chance.

Deciding to be reasonable, Lina didn't want to get into a fight, she said, "May I ask why you think I am lying? I do not want to get into a fight with you, I simply came here to purchase some products. However, since you seem to want me to leave I will, if you will not listen to me." These words came from her mouth strong, yet were still precautious, she got ready to run, if need be.[/color]

Luxen pulled out his wand "you are a liar because I, an intelligent adult say you are" he said coldly "I don't even belive your a 'black'" Luxen mocked

[color=99cc00]Lina breathed slowly, he seemed just a little calmer. "I amn't a Black. I didn't say that. My guardian is named Lily Black. I know that's a noble pure blooded family. I've looked at a lot of lists of these kind of things. However Lily is not a member of this family. Please forgive me for the misunderstanding."[/color]

"Being a 'Black' doesn't make you an instant 'pureblood' there have been many Black's that married muggles, they were just removed from that stupid family tree of theirs" Luxen said coldly lowering his wand an inch, he didn't feel like he needed to threaten this one anymore as she seemed too polite however.

[color=99cc00]Lina frowned, but decided to drop the subject. She didn't want to disclose any more private information to this man, what if he found out she was a mudblood?

As he lowered her wand she breathed a sigh of relief and decided to take a risk. "Would it be possible to have a look around the shops today? Or should I come back at a later date with Lily?" [/color]

"you may look around the other shops, but mine is a no children zone" Luxen said turning away and going back into his shop.

[color=99cc00]"Okay, goodbye sir." Lina called out before looking through the window of the shop he had just entered. There were some good quality goods. She pulled out a scrap of parchment and sketched the ones which she thought looked intriging, she did this quickly, scared the man would come out again.

After that she moved along to what looked like the oldest shop in the Street. Borgin and Burkes Even the name scared her.[/color]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back