Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Asexual
Wand
Knotted 9 Inch Rigid Laurel Wand with Boomslang venom Core
Mervyn had had a little mishap on his way back down to the great hall, and consequently Patrick's rose looked a little... well, flat. He tried pulling the petals out a bit to give it some more volume, but the petals started coming off in his hand, adding to the bedraggled look. Oh, well. It was only going to die in a few days anyway - sooner, if Patrick forgot to put it in some water. Mervyn threw on a slightly nervous smile as he approached the boy at the Hufflepuff table. "Er - rose for Mr Patrick Vernier," he said. "Now, I can explain. Me shoes weren't on properly 'n' I tripped on the stairs. But while this rose may be a li'l squashed, I am perfectly un'armed, which I fink is the important thing 'ere, yes?"

Patrick did not see what the big fuss about Valentine's Day was. Dedicating a whole day to simply loving someone did seem rather pointless, but Patrick respected it nonetheless. He sat quietly at the Hufflepuff table as he buttered his toast for that morning and watched as many people received roses of pink, red and yellow. As a Gryffindor in his year approached him with a messy yellow rose in his hand, Patrick looked up, listening as he tried to explain why Patrick's rose looked the way it did. "Oh, that's... really okay." Patrick told him with his French accent, understanding very well what it was like to fall down the stairs and not wanting him to feel bad. "Thank you for getting it to me anyway. At least it isn't completely ruined."

"Exactly! That's the spirit," Mervyn said, sitting himself down on the bench next to Patrick. He dropped the rose into a glass of water that may or may not have belonged to the Hufflepuff and then passed him the note. "You got a message 'ere from someone. Fink you secret admirer?" Mervyn knew full well who the note was from, but Patrick was easy to tease.
Patrick,

Thanks for being an awesome beater. Hufflepuff is grateful that you are on her team. Thanks for being great and allowing this final year of mine to be fun despite it all.

All the best for the future,
Ares

Users who are viewing this thread

Back