Professor Angel Castillo

Herbology 5-7 | New in Town

OOC First Name
Kris
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Angel watched idly from where he was leant against his desk, relaxed legs crossed casually in front of him as his first class of students began arriving in the greenhouse. Once it looked like everyone had arrived, Angel clapped his hands, rubbing them together and pushing himself up onto his feet to begin. “Right, let’s get started shall we? My name is Professor Castillo, and welcome to 6th Year Herbology,” Angel still couldn’t suppress the quick zing of pleasure the title of “Professor” brought, it just sat so perfectly with the rest of his name. “Now, you might all have to go a little easy on me with names and everything to start with, I am new here but I’ll do my best,” he grinned at some of the students in the front row. It was a smaller class, bound to get smaller hopefully, so he thankfully wasn’t going to have to work too hard to learn everyone’s names.

I thought we’d have a nice easy day of it to start, I’m sure you’re all eager to spend your first week catching up and all that,” Angel rolled his hand lazily through the air, “Our curriculum this year-” Angel flicked his wand with a small flourish at the blackboard near him, the words “Dangerous Plants I” appearing in looping letters, “-In which we will be studying, you guessed it, dangerous plants,” He punctuated his sentence with a good natured grin, “I hope we’re not going too fast for you here. Now, understandably, the specimens we’ll be dealing with on this course can cause you some serious harm, so I expect everyone to behave in a mature and appropriate manner while in this classroom. I’ll do my best too, promise.” He said with a quick wink.

This year is going to be vital groundwork in order to progress to your NEWTs next year, and I will require at least an E in this class if you wish to take Herbology next year, so no slacking, alright?” Once Angel was satisfied that the kids were well and truly lectured and warned for the upcoming year, he leant back casually, taking a quick glance at his pocket watch. “And in the spirit of hard work and not slacking, let’s call the lesson early. Feel free to come and chat if you’ve any questions, I’d love to get to know you. Otherwise get out of here, enjoy the sunshine or whatever you kids are into these days.” he said, dismissing the class with an easy wave.

_______

RP the lesson, feel free to chat with Angel or your classmates once the lesson has ended if you wish.

Graydon Manick

M.O.B NZ Heir || Owl Aficionado

Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Homosexual
Wand
12" Alder wood, with the essence of an Owl Talon
He'd woken up.
Late.

By the time Graydon had opened his eyes and realised he had Herbology to attend, he knew damn well that he'd be shuffling into class either right on time or completely and utterly after commencement. And what a good first impression it would be if it were the latter.

He bounded to his feet, throwing his pyjamas off and onto the floor, before pulling his uniform on and clipping his cloak snugly around him. Hustling forward, he mustered his books, hoisting them under his arm and racing out the door of his dormitory. Down and down the stairs he went, narrowly missing innocent passer-bys as they made their way back to their rooms - giving him disgruntled 'hey's' as he whisked by them. He'd sincerely offered apologise over his shoulder, however, with the time he had to work with - he hadn't a moment to spare to make them appear sincere in nature.

So on he went; racing at the speed of light down the corridors and down the stairways. Before too long he had cleared the greenery that stood between him and the Herbology greenhouse. He felt his shoulder collect the doorframe as he entered, a cuss under his breath breaking through his lips as the pain seeped into reality, before finally, he allowed he eyes to settle on the classroom before him - as well as the Professor.

A few eyes had locked onto him as he entered in his overly eager fashion and if he hadn't had his heart beating thunderously in his ears, he might've sworn that a few students were muttering about him. Though, he couldn't be sure. And even if they had been; what was he to do?
He had arrived late and borderline taken the door down with him as he entered. They had every reason to be a little judgemental.

Giving the Professor an apologetic bow of his head, he made a beeline for one of the free desks and dropped himself down onto it.

"I'm sorry for interrupting the class Professor. I... I'm a new student. A transfer. Got a little lost." not quite the truth, but he sold it. He exhaled deeply, inhaling shortly after; desperately trying to catch his breath whilst all the while unpacking his quill and books so that he could at least be a good student for the remainder of the lesson.

He had listened intently to the Professor from there on. His quill worked swiftly along the parchment he had in front of him, taking down a few odd notes here and there when the time came to.

Then, after a few odd warnings here and there, the Professor had dismissed them. He'd been a little confused by it all, though, he'd been thankful for the easy-goingness of Professor Castillo. Durmstrang Professors had been far more severe and stern in their lessons; almost being cruel in how serious they took themselves and everything in their subject. So, truthfully, it had been a pleasant change.

Packing his things away, he set them into a neat pile on the desk before him. He stood up, slugging them under his arm and heading over toward the Professors desk. He did after all owe him a more sincere and personal apology. Particularly for interrupting his lesson.

With a sheepish smile, Graydon extended his hand.
"Professor Castillo? I'm Graydon. Graydon Manick. I just wanted to introduce myself and promise you that -- despite what happened earlier -- it's not going to be a regular thing." he assured. "I guess I just wanted to apologise again. Properly." he said, biting his bottom lip. "So sorry... And welcome. I heard you were new here too. I hope Hogwarts treats you well, sir." true words; laced with purpose and meaning.

-------------

Angel was half surprised when one of the students actually took him up on his offer to stay after class. He figured most kids would take any advantage to cut out of class early, but still took the kid's offered handshake warmly. He recognized the kid, Graydon, he'd try to remember that, as the one who'd arrived late and raised his eyebrows as the boy apologized. "I gotta say you made quite the entrance. Do try to be a bit more careful in the future, I don't know if my poor greenhouse can handle being ran into too many times," He joked. "But apology accepted, and thank you! I'll be sure to let you know if I learn of any shortcuts to get down to class at the very least," He said with a conspiratory wink. It was a relief to know at least one kid in his class didn't have any expectations from a previous teacher at this school. "You should get going, Graydon, I'd hate for you to be late to another class." He finished, shooing the boy away, happy to have spent a moment chatting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gabriella Davenport

Pressured | Perfectionist | Insecure | Selfish

OOC First Name
Jamie
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
Wand
Curved 11 Inch Ash Wand with Boomslang Venom Core
Gabriella didn't liked herbology. But she figured she had to set everything aside. It didn't matter what she liked, she had to follow as much classes as she could take and score points and get the highest grades. That was the goal. So here she was at herbology and looked at the new professor. She found a spot in the front where she usually sat with classes. In the front she would not be distracted and just focused on the professor and that was what she needed for the best results. Gabriella listened as the professor spoke. They would be looking at dangerous plants. Nice.. the blonde thought. She had nothing with plants but she needed to try and do her best. She had to get at least an E to continue next year but the blonde went for an O. She would try. No not try she had to do it. The blonde sighted when a boy showed up late and was gonna explain all. Just sit and be silent the blonde thought. Nobody cares that you are late. Gabriella just focused on herself and Marcos sometimes, she had no need to interact with others. That would be a distraction from the important stuff. She left the room when the lesson was finished.

Norton Gillespie

6th year | beater | f&b assistant king of flowers

Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
pansexual
Wand
Knotted 13" Rigid Redwood Wand with Fwooper Feather Core
Norton was very pleased to be back at school, if only because he’d done so much better in his OWLs than he had ever thought he might! The boy had achieved three O grades, with the rest all EEs. He’d also been pleased that his O grades came from his favourite subject, his second favourite subject and the subject which April’s dad taught. He thought it was important that he do well in all of those classes for different reasons, but he was very pleased with the end result. The prefect had spent time over the holiday with April, it had been nice, dating was surprisingly nice, they had little awkward moments but he knew that this was his first relationship, so things were going to sometimes be a little tricky. He’d spent time working and he’d spent time trying to convince Gilly to come back to school, but that had failed and Norton didn’t have much energy to argue with her any more. Now, he was back at school and had other things to focus on, many other good things that he needed to focus his time upon, his classes, April, quidditch! He was feeling positive and joyous as he got himself together and headed to his first class of the day.
Norton walked into the herbology greenhouse and took a seat in the room, his gaze shifted to the professor in the room. He didn’t know what to make of the professor who stood at the front of the room. He was not a particularly sure what to make of the new professor, he had always liked Professor Carter as a professor, the man was nice. He had been pleased with the fact that last year he’d had the professor again, and he could be pleased that he had the professor as a head of house, but obviously here and now, he had a different professor. The teen put his books and notes down upon the table as the professor got started, introducing himself to them, and to the class. He was pleased when the man said it would be an easy first lesson back. He nodded and didn’t pull his notes towards him as the professor ploughed on. The teen didn’t need to write down what they would be covering, given how broad it was from what the professor said. However, with that, and a little reminder that NEWTs were difficult they were able to leave the greenhouse, He still wasn’t sure what to make of the professor but he was eager to learn all about dangerous plants so it would be a good year. The prefect packed up his things and headed back to the school.

Phoebe Holland

Science & Magic | Curious | Funny | Arrogant ⚗️📐

OOC First Name
Daphne
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Homosexual (Charlie)
Wand
Straight 14 1/2 Inch Unyielding Walnut Wand with Essence of Belladonna Core
Phoebe was ready to return to her classes. She had enjoyed her fifth year, and felt like her sixth year would be even better. She loved learning more complex things, and it didn't get much more advanced than NEWT level, at least not at Hogwarts. Her holidays had been mostly okay, though the visit of Charlie and her mum had been pretty awkward. It had been nice too, in a way, but really did lean more towards the awkward side of the spectrum. It was nice that their parents now knew they were seriously dating, but she did wish her parents had been a bit less embarrassing. She had also felt like her mother's presence had intimidated them both, which was odd to Phoebe. It was definitely something she had to get used to.

As Phoebe walked into the Herbology Greenhouse she noticed immediately that they had a new professor. Professor Carter had already said they wouldn't be having him until the seventh year, but the sight of a stranger still gave Phoebe pause for a moment. Then she shrugged and took her seat, she only cared about the knowledge he could give her. She took out parchment and quill, but quickly realized it wasn't necessary when the professor said they would have a nice easy day to start things off. He showed them the curriculum this year, and Phoebe's eyes lit up when she saw they were covering dangerous plants. That sounded incredible! She listened as the professor talked more, hoping he would give some more information about which plants they would study specifically, but that wasn't the case. He just told them to get an E if they wanted to continue taking Herbology. The lesson was over quickly, and while some guy who was late stayed behind to talk to the professor, Phoebe was quickly out of there. She had other things to do.

Jessica Cade

Broken | Lost | Chaser

OOC First Name
Dan
Sexual Orientation
Bisexual
Wand
Straight 12 Inch Unyielding Hornbeam Wand with Manticore Venom Core
Jess was not a big fan of Herbology and wasn't sure how she was going to muster the energy to continue taking the class at NEWT level but James had insisted it was important for her, despite the Gryffindor not having a clue what she wanted to do once she graduated. Jess yawned loudly as she walked across the lawn to the greenhouse for the first lesson. She was greeted by a new professor, Jess had lost count how many Herbology professor the school had gone through the last few years, she'd assumed when Professor Carter took over the whole course that he'd just stick with it, that didn't seem to be the case. It was an important year and Jess had been hesitant to take the class, now she'd have to put up with a new professor learning the ropes. Jess listened to the man as he talked through the curriculum for the year, she was sure it would be exciting stuff for people who actually enjoyed Herbology, she just wasn't one of those people. After managing to keep herself awake for the whole lesson, Jess picked up her bag as the professor was beginning to wrap things up and once they were dismissed she was quickly out the door.

April Ward

🌟Energetic | Loves Attention | Seeker | Dancer🌟

OOC First Name
Daphne
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Bisexual (Norton)
Wand
Knotted 14 1/2 Inch Whippy Dogwood Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
April was ready for the new year, and so far it had been cool. She was definitely proud of October for her new position as head girl, though also glad she didn't have the same kind of pressure on her shoulders. It was hard to believe she was in the sixth year now, though April wasn't all that focused on that. She was more focused on Quidditch, and definitely wanted to work hard to help win the Quidditch cup for her house. It would be one of her last chances to do so. But she couldn't completely slack off in lessons either, not with her dad at school. She definitely didn't want to disappoint him in any way.

April had always liked Herbology, enjoying any class that had mostly practical lessons. She had enjoyed being taught by Professor Carter, but was very curious about this new professor too. The man looked nice enough, and seemed friendly as well when he spoke. April hoped she could remember his name. She had a seat near the back of the greenhouse and was wiggling her feet as she listened to the professor, trying to take in what he was saying. She grinned when he said they would be covering dangerous plants this year, that was definitely exciting! She hoped they would get to do a lot of practical work with the plants. She laughed when he said he would try to behave in a mature and appropriate manner as well, she decided that she liked him. The lesson was over fairly quickly, and April practically jumped to her feet as soon as she could. She was happy to leave so she could spend some time outside. Enjoying the sunshine sounded like a very good idea!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)