OOC First Name
Jess S
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
10 inch knotted rigid Ash with a Hippogryff feather core
Amaya sat by herself at the end of the Slytherin table, alone as usual. She had a book open in front of her while she munched on her breakfast. She took another bite of her omelet. She supposed the solitude should bother her, but it really didn't. There were very few people she genuinely enjoyed spending time with, but neither of them were in her house. She could possibly sit with Sapphire. She just didn't have much in common with the raven-haired beater. Amaya turned the page, not really paying attention to the world around her. She should try to catch up with Kace today and see what he had in mind for the dancing lessons.

Kace bounces into the great hall feeling full of energy today, there was no calming him down. Except when foods around, Kace will slow his roll for a stack of pancakes or home fries. If he was feeling particularly like a health nut, a good salad was sufficient enough to cut his breaks. This morning his taste buds were wilding out. Kace sat in front of a stack of pancakes and right next to Amaya. “Aye, what’s up? What you’re reading?” The Gryffindor plops down and greeted the Slytherin. Their tables were the furthest part from their houses, but Kace saw the girl sitting alone and figured he would keep her company while he killed these stack of pancakes.

Amaya didn't glance up when she felt someone sit next to her, barely hearing them speak to her. She took a sip of her milk before setting it back down. "Jasper, this isn't necessary," She spoke out of habit, turning the page again. "Just tell mother I'm fine in my own company. I don't need my little brother pestering me because mother thinks I have no friends." She shooed him with her hand without looking, enthralled in the book in front of her. She was really enjoying this story so far. She wondered if maybe Abian would like it, but she wasn't sure he was a big reader either. Who did she know in any way that might enjoy reading with her? She wished there was a book club at school or something.

Kace chews out two halves of a pancake, working down on the other halves. “Huh?” The Gryffindor looked visibly confused. He may be wearing the same uniform as her brother (mandatory), did she confused Kace with him? That ain't right, then he peeps the book she was reading. Okay, that made sense. Kace, from the side he was sitting next to her, he reaches over and steals the book away. "What are you reading that you can't put it down and notice I'm not your brother," his famous grin is on full display. He shuffles through the pages, not at all interested in the book per se. He gave it up back when he was done checking it out. "We're friends, right? I mean, we cool?"

Amaya was annoyed at first when her book was taken, but that quickly faded as she saw just who had taken her book. "Oh, hello Kace," She smiled back, tucking her hair behind her ear. "It's called Green Angel. It's about a girl learning to survive on her own after her family is killed in a fire." She told him, scooting the book to the side after he returned it. "Of course we're friends." She told him, looking away nervously. "I'm sorry I didn't realize it was you right away. I don't really... get along well with other people so aside from you I only have one friend in Hufflepuff." She shrugged.

“Sup?” Kace coolly ran his teeth across his bottom lip, a trail of sticky syrup followed while he was at it. Kace notices right away and cleans up his lip after taking another bite of his pancake. “Oh, that’s cool. A little sad, but I’m hip. You like reading stuff like that?” Kace is not a big reader, he more of a listener than reading a book independently. A good storyteller always won the young teen’s attention, it’s why he kinda digs the history of magic out of all the subjects he took. Kace likes learning about stuff from the past. “It’s cool...why not? You’re like mad chill and you can dance. What’s not to like?”

Amaya blushed as Kace ran his teeth across his lower lip, taking a bite of her food like it didn't kill her. She took a sip of her drink as she considered her question. "Sorta. There's another story I like where this girl is destined to be queen and end this ancient war, but she's born with a dragon claw instead of her ring finger and then she gets kidnapped by the dragons, and she swears to serve them to save her people." She takes a bite of her food. "I guess I just like stories about overcoming adversity in fantastical ways." She stabbed her fork into her omelet, blushing a bit. "I, ah, I maybe even you know, I'm kinda writing my own novel." She admitted softly. Outside of her siblings, only Abian knew about it. She took a sip of her drink, blushing again as he complimented her. "I can be a bit... blunt, and most people can't handle when I call them out on their lies," She shrugged.

Amaya drew him in with that little ficlet, a summary of the other story. That’s the sort of stuff he likes to hear and wouldn’t normally admit to out loud. It was like his secret love for the Winchesters brothers from the muggle series called Supernatural. He likes the translation of the comic from the tv series, but again, it’s not something he would relish over out in the open. “Whoa, if it was a comic I’d probably check it out,” he nodded and took a sip of orange juice. He made a face from the citrus drink, it was too sour. “Really? What’s it going to be about?” He asked curiously. Kace shrugs, “Aye, it is what it is. You’re alright with me, a little shy but you can hang. You like dancing and you read these books, again what’s not to like?” Kace flat out tells her. “And to be real, not everyone that says is your friend is your friend. I only have a few since moving here with my pops and I’m good with that!”

Amaya noted the hint of interest that seemed to be hidden deep in his eyes. Did Kace like stories? She watched as he took a sip of sour orange juice, apparently, and chewed her food thoughtfully. "I could read it to you if you like. The dragon story, I mean." She offered, pushing some melted cheese around with her fork. "I think as a writer it's best to read as many stories as you can. Part of being able to tell your story well is being able to tell another's story just as well." She bit her lip. That sounded bad. She blushed as he asked her what her book was about. "It's, ah... about a vampire/werewolf hybrid that runs away from the protection of her coven because she's spoiled and wants independence, only to figure out they were protecting her from this anonymous group wanting to kill her." She shrugged. It sounded pathetic when she said it out loud.

Amaya bit her lip again when he pointed out she was a little shy. Maybe because I've fallen for you, you dummy, She thought to herself. But he didn't need to hear that yet. She chuckled as he made the comment on friends. "That is true. You're friends with that Briar boy, aren't you?" She took a bite of her food. "He seems to inspire loyalty in his friends. You remember the shy girl with the snacks after the wheelbarrow race? I happen to know she slapped one of the Slytherins in their year for saying Elliot was pathetic. Oh, not the quidditch boy, but his friend. Blake? Tyler? One of the two." She shook her head. "I never would have thought she had it in her."

Kace didn’t do well in hiding his interest in the book, it’s like once he was sucked in he wanted to know more. The brown-eyed boy smiles, genuinely considering her offer at the moment. This could be harmless, he wasn’t losing his cool over this? Right? Kace slowly nodded, “Yeah, okay. If I start to snooze, keep it short,” he chuckles, half teasing her. He wouldn’t necessarily, though he probably zones out if the story wasn’t all that hype like Amaya made it out to be. Kace chewed down on another pancake, and with the use of his fork, he waved it like if he were waving a finger in the air. “Aye, I am beginning to see a pattern with these books. What’s up with that,” he laughs and took another bite of pancake.

There was another recurring theme happening, the Gryffindor notice the Slytherin girl kept biting down her lips. It was, kinda cute, and it made him smile how she came across being nervous. That’s what nervous people did when they were nervous or, someone trying to flirt...Kace trying to decide which was it with his dance partner. Thinking of dancing, Kace snapped back his attention to something else. “Hey, are you serious about going to my cousin’s wedding? And if so, you want to work on a little routine for the lovely couple? We gotta make it lit, we gotta make them want to dance!”

Amaya laughed. "Alright, it's a deal then. I'll have to get it from my room, but maybe we can find somewhere and read it later? After lunch maybe?" She offered. She smiled and took another bite of her omelet, considering his question a moment. "I think I just like stories about overcoming adversities." Or a good romance, but I don't think I'll tell you that just yet. She took a sip of her drink and set it down. She turned to look at him as he brought up the wedding. "Of course. I was going with or without you. I'm surprised we both know the couple," She admitted. "Or at least, I know of the groom and you know the bride." She smiled and nudged his foot with hers. "And that sounds like a great idea. We can start working towards that in my lessons. Which reminds me, when are my lessons?" She picked up her fork again. "We never established that. I was thinking we could at least have them every weekend, maybe around lunch?"

Kace took another sip from his orange juice, he swallows through the sour pits. It’s better if he drank it down fast and not let it sit in his mouth to swish around in his cheeks. “Aight, sounds good! But, if I somehow forget or something, don’t take it the wrong way. I like hearing stories but when I’m in the mood. Ya feel me?” Kace admits, making that fleeing ‘yikes’ face. Not wanting to make her feel any bad, Kace nudges Amaya, grinning. “I’m down for anything else, you know hang out and whatnot,” Kace wouldn’t mind hanging out, away from practice. He thinking it will do some good when they’re dancing and busting moves. It sort of a rule to dancing, or Jenny told him one day that it was one. He rejected an invite to hang out with this other girl when he was younger. That’s when he thought it was uncool to hang out with girls. “Dani? She my cousin and she plays pro quidditch,” Kace all excited about the wedding, and his excitement double as she agreed to perform with him. “Cool, cool. Lunch, nah. I need the energy! We can do it after lunch. I gotta figure out how to get this song...I guess I’ll have to ask Jenny for help, she the one that bought me the boombox. She’ll know how to get it."

Amaya chuckled at his protest. "Alright, well, I'll probably be reading whenever I'm not with you or in class. So you can find me whenever." She told him. Something told her he didn't like that orange juice. Or admitting that he was interested in her stories. She smiled as he nudged her, hoping he didn't notice the blush when he said he was cool with hanging out whenever. What could they do outside of dance and reading? Maybe he had some better ideas than she did. Or any ideas for that matter. Her mind was brought back to the now, however, as he clarified how he knew Danielle. She smiled at his energy. "Alright, after lunch then. I'll make sure to eat light. What song did you have in mind?" She asked. Maybe she knew it. "Oh, by the way. Has my brother been bothering you?" She asked, unsure whiter or not Jasper would blow her cover too soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back