Open Shared History

Athena Zhefarovich

Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Widow
Wand
13 1/4" Cypress Wand with powdered serpent scale
It wasn't often that Athena Zhefarovich ventured into the wizarding space even though it had once been one of her favorite spaces. It was even more rare for her to not be accompanied by one or both of her children. She barely let them out of her sight these days, not since the disappearance of their father. Athena couldn't know if Drakon was dead and gone or if he planned on returning to get his children or if he just didn't care. But she wasn't taking any chances where her sons were involved and she had only left them after a ton of reassurances from her family that they would be ok. Half of her still felt like returning home to check. The other half was enjoying the anonymity that came from being alone on a relatively busy street. The tall woman pulled her deep blue robes closer, a chill in the air reaching her bones. She was always cold these days, a result of having lost a few pounds she didn't really have to spare though she was working to put them back on.

The woman had picked up a coffee after her appointment and she lifted the drink to her lips, sipping as she strolled down the street, eyes looking at all the changes that had come to pass since she had last been in town. A few campaign posters still dotted the way, though the election had taken place months ago now. Athena had decided to vote at the very last minute, making a choice that was deeply seeded in the anger she had been feeling in the moment, anger that had receded only slightly. The woman moved towards another shop, peeking at the window display and catching sight of her reflection. She looked older now, her eyes more haunted than they'd ever been. She felt older still, the stress of the past year leaving its own marks behind.

Isaia Romanes had a lot going on in his life now, after finally finalizing his divorce from Aphrodite Snow from the previous three years. The two lost their flame after his work in a school in the United States. Since the two split, he managed to get custody over Louise, since Aphrodite spent her time traveling for her career, whereas he was not on the road at all. He moved back to New Zealand a year ago, planning on enrolling Louise to the school that he went to. He held Louise's hand as he walked down Obsidian Harbor. His son was ten now, and understood ultimately why his parents split up. It took him a while to understand, but luckily, Isaia and Aphrodite never fought. So, Louise did not have that trauma to his background at all. Although, his family wasn't exactly on the best of terms either. Isaia recently met up with Scipione, which was strange for him to know that was his oldest brother, and he knew the fates of the parents. Well, rumors really.

The former Ravenclaw sent his son in to get some ice cream in a nearby shop, while he waiting outside for him. A figure caught his eye, and immediately recognized her. It was his former peer, Athena. He remembered studying with her frequently. He approached her while keeping the ice cream shop in the corner of his eye. Couldn't trust many others, even though Louise was almost school age by now. He smiled toward her. "Hey, um... Not sure if you remember me or not, but I'm Isaia Romanes. We went to school together."

Athena's heart rate kicked up a notch, a result of a long held dream that one day Drakon would seek her out. It was a fool's dream, and she was annoyed by the betrayal of her own heart especially because the voice sounded nothing like Drakon. She turned her head, hands gripping her coffee. She didnt recognize the man before her even after he uttered his name. Whomever this was, he had certainly grown up over the past decade, no it was a slightly longer time than that since she had been in school and he had claimed to have known her then.

"Okaaaaay" she said, knowing the person in front of her expected that she would know him. She knew the surname, Romanes. She knew most of the purebloods in the area and this man was not a familiar one in her usual social circles. It was suspicious that someone would come up to her at all, and she couldn't help but wonder if this was related to Drakon or related to her having left the Scitorari. She'd been worried it would all catch up to her eventually. Reaching for her wand slowly so as to not draw attention, Athena prepared herself to attack or apparate. "What do you want?" she stated, not beating around the bush.

Isaia was almost surprised when Athena asked what he wanted. He motioned toward the ice cream parlor, where one could see a kid ordering some ice cream. "Nothing in general. My son is just ordering ice cream when I recognized you." Isaia glanced over to see Louise pay for it, and sit down near the window. Not what he told him what he needed to do, but the boy did seem to have a little bit of a rebellious streak in him. "I told him to come right outside after he was done so we can shop for school robes, but he likes to push my buttons at times." To be frank, he had no idea why Louise wanted some because it was in the dead of winter, but that was what he wanted. Isaia could not wrap his head around it.

From looking over Athena, he could tell some things have changed about her. Her eyes appeared to be darker. It was an expression he had not seen before. He could ask about it, but since they weren't exactly best friends forever, he decided against it. "How have you been since school?" Isaia did not go into detail on his since it wasn't all sunshine and rainbows like he had hoped it would have been with his ex-wife. They might have split on good terms, but it was still not what he envisioned. He did need to look for a job here in New Zealand. His savings would only hold out for so long.

The familiarity with which the man spoke to her made Athena give him another, closer look. And she even turned her head to look at the child he mentioned, a boy much older than her own boys if he was school aged. "He's at that age" she replied quietly, the young boy jogging her memory. She remembered that face, that hair, and she turned to the man, now recognizing the once familiar characteristics. He had been their Head Boy during her final year, but more importantly than that, he had been someone she considered almost a friend. Back then anyway. That had been well over a decade ago, and she didnt trust him now. For all she knew this was some sort of ruse.

Athena busied herself with her coffee, not really wanting to answer the question. "Isn't it a little early to do school shopping?" she asked instead. The school year hadn't even yet ended. Not that she cared. It was just preferable to discussing her life since school, which had been complicated and wonderful and then tragic, in that order. Aside from her sons, what had she truly even accomplished? She was not a skilled witch, didnt hold a prestigious job. All she really had was her name and that was no accomplishment. She had been born with it.

"I don't think I was ever like that. I was really obedient, almost to a fault. Sergios was. He had a bold personality. Truly a Gryffindor..." Isaia faded off, wondering if Louise would end up in Gryffindor. His mother was a Gryffindor, and had a bold personality as well. At least Louise did not care much about the spotlight like his mother did. Isaia caught on with her not answering his question, and judging from her appearance and eyes, it was not a pretty story. His own wasn't exactly sunshine and rainbows. She did speak about whether or not it was too early to go school shopping. He shrugged his shoulders, "Maybe, but I like to be ahead on things. Avoiding the crowds and stuff. I'm making him wait on a wand though." At least he was not going to get that too early.

"I guess you aren't going to talk about what you have been into. That's okay. I'm a single father who is recently unemployed. My uncle Collineus is pressuring me to return to Italy, but living by the family name isn't something worth doing when it is pretty much handed to you." Isaia shrugged his shoulders, saying his own experiences. "The future while in school seemed to be a light brighter back then." Isaia looked over toward the ice cream shop to see Louise staring at the two of them, already finished with his ice cream. Isaia motioned for him to come over, but Louise shook his head, sticking his tongue out while doing so. Isaia groaned under his breath.

The more he spoke, the more Athena recalled the man before her. She couldn't remember him being quite so vocal, though he had been this friendly. And now she was busy trying to decide if he had in fact been in her year or in the year above. She was nearly sure he was a year older. She smirked as he caught that she didn't want to speak about her own life and even called her out on it. The funny lat was that he didn't seem to mind and instead kept speaking. She knew the names he mentioned even if she didn't the people. The pureblood world was a small one, and even within that people like Athena only interacted with certain purebloods.

"I know what you mean" she replied quietly. Athena had hoped for more, expected a better life for herself when she graduated. She didn't want for money. Her family ensured she and her children were well taken care of in that sense, and her family name did afford her some opportunities. But sometimes it all felt so meaningless. Especially without Drakon. Athena really had fallen in love with him, knowing that he loved her for her, that they had worked to earn that love from each other, and that he was from a strong pureblood family. "Weren't you Head Boy?" she asked, not wanting to be rude but knowing that he truly had the world before him when he graduated. Athena had graduated middle of her class. "You can probably do anything..." she trailed off.

Isaia knew that she might have known what he had gone through, which was something that they had in common. Her surname was huge. Even his family from another country respected it dearly. He didn't want to judge Athena based on her name though. She had a good academic record from what he knew. Well, she wasn't the top of the class, but neither was he. "Feels good to talk about someone that knows what it feels like. Not many really have huge families with names to attempt to live up to." Isaia did not want to be like a normal Romanes or Cardosi. He wanted to be out and on his own, but he did not know what he wanted to do yet.

Chuckling, Isaia pointed it, "It was only a badge. I think I only received it because my older sister Ostensia got Head Girl. I taught at a school in the States for a bit, but that is all I have on my resume. I'm not sure what I want to do from here." Isaia let out a sigh and sat down on the bench near them, and gestured to see if she wanted to sit down as well. "So, do you have any rugrats of your own?"

Athena gave a small nod. She did understand, but talking about it was a little odd. Her experience with other purebloods had been filled with attempts to one up each other and belittle the other's lives. Discussing weakness wasn't exactly encouraged. They were supposed to be better than that. Athena didn't know what more he expected her to say. Thankfully, it didn't seem to be much and he continued. If he expected Athena to feel too sorry for him. He was going to be sorely disappointed. Isaia Romanes was not easy for her to read, but he was the first conversation she had had with a non family member in ages and she was not eager to end it. Athena moved gingerly, perching on the edge of the bench and giving a quick nod. "Two boys. Much younger than your one" she stated.

She had two boys of her own. Younger, much younger. "Is your husband or boyfriend watching them?" Isaia suddenly felt like he might have overstepped his grounds a little bit. "Or maybe another family member?" He knew that the Zhefarovich family was large and extensive. His son stayed in the shop, but looked as though he was more than finished. Isaia shook his head, before dubbing it a lost cause since his son seemed to have locked himself inside of that restaurant. "My rugrat is named Louise. He takes more after his mother. Bold personality, and defiant. I think this is his way of acting out after we split." Even though Louise was not really a subject, it seemed that Isaia enjoyed the conversation he was having with Athena. It had been a while since he had talked to someone that was his age, and not divorce lawyers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back