• First time accessing HNZ in a long, long, time?
    You must reset your password! Before accessing your account(s) you must submit a password reset using the username of the account you wish to recover.
    If you don't see the email, please check your junk folder!

Seventh Years, Lesson One

Professor Landon Carter

herbology 1-7 | laid-back | friendly

OOC First Name
Kaye
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Engaged
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 9 1/2 Inch Sturdy Alder Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Landon was extremely excited to teach the seventh years. This year was their last year, but also an excruciatingly hard year for them as well and Landon wanted to be there for them every step of the way. They had to get straight into the content in order to cover everything, but Landon was sure it would go smoothly for them. He was excited to see all of their faces again after not teaching them for two whole years and hoped that they were going to be happy to see him too. He beamed at all of the faces that entered the room as he stood at the front and marveled at how much they had grown up since their fourth year. It really did seem like yesterday that he had sent them off into their older years with nothing but muggle stationery.

With a wave of his hand, Landon shut the door and spoke to his class in his usual bright demeanor. “Hey guys! I’m delighted to say that I will be teaching you from now as Professor Welch had to leave. Even though Professor Welch was a good professor, I hope that it is still good news that I will be teaching you because I really did miss you all, and you’ve grown up so fast!” Landon told them with a warm smile. ”This is your last year of Herbology, and your hardest year yet. NEWTs. I feel no need to explain what they are to you because your other professors would have done so already. This class you are taking is called Dangerous Plants II. You all clearly survived the curriculum last year and I’m sure each of you will be able to survive it again.” Landon paused, looking around the room to see who was listening. "This year, unfortunately, you won't be learning as much as you did last year, but more or less a review of everything you have covered. That is seven years of Herbology that you need to remember by heart, if you wish to pass this class. You all have the ability to do that so don’t worry!“

The Herbology professor motioned with his hand for the board to come near him. Once it did, it began to write the two plants they were going to go over this year. He read them out loud to the class. "Mimbulus Mimbletonia and Venomous Tentacula will be what you are learning this year. Can anyone tell me one of the plants you have learnt over the years from first year to sixth year?“ Landon gestured to the first student to raise their hand. ”Snargaluffs.” they said, and Landon beamed. ”Yes, 3 points to your house! Any others?” Another student raised their hand and Landon happily acknowledged them. ”We learnt about Mandrakes with you.” Landon smiled at them, happy that they could remember that far back. ”Yes, we did! 3 points to your house too!”

Landon checked the time and thought that he had spoken enough. The board cleaned itself and went back into the corner and Landon spoke to the class again. ”That’s all we have for today. I’ll see you guys next week!” With that, Landon waved his hand and the door had opened again to let his class out.

-----
Homework: RP the lesson! For extra credit you may write about one of the plants you have learnt about. Just a few lines will do!

Ainsley Lynch

queen of flowers | head in the clouds | 6'2"

OOC First Name
Rowan
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Pansexual
Wand
Knotted 12 Inch Flexible Pine Wand with Fwooper Feather Core
This was the beginning of Ainsley's final semester at Hogwarts, and what had once felt like a vast expanse of time stretching before her was quickly and painfully drawing towards a stop she was nowhere near ready for. Suddenly there wasn't enough time left in the world to appreciate Hogwarts the way she wanted to, to spend time in all her favourite places, read all the books she hadn't gotten to in the library, ask professors all the questions that puzzled her. The once seemingly infinite pool of time had all at once come close to running dry.

Herbology was Ainsley's favourite subject. No question about it. There was nothing like the joy of growing something from a seed, of seeing the result of hard work, of the peace and calm of a garden. Herbology was more about the study of magical plants themselves than learning gardening techniques, but she got plenty of that in the Wild Patch, and it was fascinating to learn what magical plants were capable of. Ainsley made her way into the greenhouse, eager for the first lesson to begin, and was surprised to see Professor Carter. It had been a long time since she had had him as a teacher, but she gave him a bright smile in greeting, pleased to see him again. She listened as he introduced the class, and explained that he was taking over from Professor Welch permanently. Ainsley had liked the other professor, but she found change difficult, and Professor Carter was pleasantly familiar from her first few years. When he began asking them questions her hand shot into the air immediately, and Ainsley answered with the first plant that came to her mind. "Snargaluffs!" She said, thinking back to the old notes she had been rereading recently to prepare for NEWTs. Pleased to have gotten it right, Ainsley listened for the rest of the lesson, then packed her things up, smiling at Professor Carter as she left, to go check on the veges flourishing in the Wild Patch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)