Second Years Lesson Two

Mallory was enjoying her time as a Professor, though she was slowly realizing every time she came back there was more to miss at home. Pushing aside her worries about Dimitri, she went about straightening her desk. She smiled, humming as she adjusted her robes, a lilac today, with a little sprig of lilacs to match tucked into her mahogany curls. She smiled at the students as they came in, rubbing Amara lightly behind the ears as they seated themselves. The Sphynx cat stretched, yawned, and curled back up on top of Mallory’s paperwork.

Mallory stood, moving in front of the students and greeting them all warmly. “Dobroye utro, my darlings,” she smoothed a hand over her robes. “To begin class, I would like to review last weeks charm, to make sure you understand what we’ve already done. Can anyone tell me what the charm was?” She smiled, calling on a student. “That’s right, dorogoy, Scourgify, two points for you. Can anyone else tell me the wand motion for it?” Mallory laughed warmly when given the proper answer. “Very good, my dear, it’s an ‘s’ motion. Two points for you as well.

Mallory flicked her hand, the chalk rising to the board. “Alright, my dears, look to the board. For class today, I want you to answer these three questions and turn them in to me on your way out. They probably won’t take you long, so once you’ve finished, please take the time to read the chapter for next weeks charms, Alohomora, and Colloportus. The locking and unlocking charms. You can also use the time to practice the Scourgify charm if you’d like. I’ll be available at all times, if you need me,” Mallory smiled, sitting down at her desk.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Homework said:
1. Name something that has a lock.
2. Name something that does not have a lock, but should.
3. How are you finding Charms so far?

Points for first posters to answer the questions. Five points for homework. Full marks for study/attendance posts, one point for practicing last weeks spell.

Louis Vernier

youngest vernier | selfless

Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Curly 14 Inch Sturdy Larch Wand with Erumpent Hide Core
The first week of classes had definitely proved to be tiring and Louis couldn’t believe how big the castle was. He was thankful that he didn’t have to walk too far up the stairs to get to his common room at night, especially after finding out that the Ravenclaws had to go all the way up to the highest tower. The boy would go exploring soon enough in his free time however, but for now he had to attend the second week of classes.

As Louis entered the charms classroom he was looking forward to learning a new spell. He sat down and listened as the professor began going over the one that they had learnt last lesson. He made sure to raise his hand when asked what the name of it was. "It was the cleaning charm, professor. The incantation was 'scourgify'." he told her, beaming when he managed to get it correct. He really hoped that this would help his final grade. After going over it, the professor then asked them to answer three questions and Louis did it rather quickly before moving on and practicing last week's spell. He was getting the hang of it and in no time the dirty dishes in front of him were squeaky clean. When the lesson came to an end and he was dismissed, the boy happily left the classroom.

Homework said:
1. Name something that has a lock.
The bathroom door.
2. Name something that does not have a lock, but should.
My book bag.
3. How are you finding Charms so far?
It is okay.

Jordan Harris

Blunt- Cuddly- Soft- Bold

OOC First Name
Jess
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Flexible 9 inch curly black walnut with a Hippogriff feather core
Jordie was slowly returning back to his normal self, and he had to admit he was looking forward to Valentine’s day. He had no plans at all for the dance, but somehow that wasn’t a bad thing. He spent some extra time that morning on his hair and walked to class feeling a little bit better with his hair done properly.

He took a seat near the middle, watching the Professor as she spoke. He liked her, she was sweet. He didn't bother raising his hand to answer any questions, taking a few notes. He didn't bother trying any spells during class, trying to take notes of the class instead. He gathered his things and left when they were dismissed.

Users who are viewing this thread