Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Noel
Wand
Vine Wand, 12 3/4", Dragon Heartstring Core
Adorah had always been fascinated by birds - maybe it was because she was fascinated by the sky, by things that could fly away, things that could escape at a moment's notice. She, unfortunately, was stuck the ground, and even if she had the ability to fly on a broom, it wasn't the same. This was a new place she had discovered was worth spending her time - the owlery. Birds were constantly traveling in and out from various destinations without a care in the world. Some came back with food for themselves and their friends. Some came back just for a rest before traveling onward. There weren't that many people in the owlery this morning which Adorah found rather reassuring. She wrapped herself a little tighter in her jacket as she looked out over the grounds, hear the hoots and coos from the owls behind her. She held the pendant around her neck and closed her eyes, enjoying the few moments of peace she could find in the large castle.

Samantha was absolutely tired, but she really had to get this letter to her parents. They were mad that she barely sent any letters last year. As she got closer to where all the owls were, while also trying to find her family Owl, Goodrick, She had noticed a figure standing there. The figure had looked familiar too. She walked a little bit more towards the figure and realised who it was. "Oh hey, Adorah! How are you doing?" Samantha asked as she smiled and waved to the girl slightly, as she held her letter in the other. She liked seeing the familiar faces she knew and couldn't wait to hope, spend time with them.

Adorah heard someone approaching the owlery. She looked over to see who it was and noticed a familiar face that greeted her. "Hi, Samantha!" she exclaimed, giving the girl a small hug. "I'm alright. How was your summer?" She hadn't seen Samantha for quite a while before the break, but it was nice to see her again.

Samantha smiles at Adorah and returns the small hug. "My summer has been okay. Nothing really special happened over the break." Samantha says with a shrug as she puts the letter she was going to send in a pocket. "How was your summer?" Samantha says as she returns the question. "I haven't seen you in so long either, we should hang out a bit more this year," Samantha says with a smile and blushes a little when she realised that she may have talked too much. Samantha hoped that her second year here in HNZ was going to be great.

Adorah hated the questions about how her break was that she had received so often since coming back to school. It has been a lot of time spent by herself, sulking in one way or another, or exploring different facets of the wizarding world. She mustered up a simple, "It was good!' and continued to change the subject. "We definitely should! Did you join any clubs this year?" Adorah was a member of Heta Omega, and while it had helped her social life a little bit, it didn't feel like it had benefited her in any significant way.

Samantha smiles and nods at Adorah. "No, I decided not to join any groups this year. The Hogwarts Monthly is a bit crazy at the moment. Maybe I'll join another club next year" Samantha says with a shrug and smile. "How about you? Have you joined any clubs?" Samantha says with a smile. She looks around the owlery. "It's quite spectacular right?" Samantha says, as she still looks around the owlery with a small smile.

OOC: @Samantha Jacobs oof sorry

Adorah forgot that Hogwarts even had a newspaper, but she was very excited for Samantha to be apart of it. "That's so cool that you've joined the paper! Do you write about specific things or just anything?" Adorah had considered joining Hogwarts Monthly her first year but decided to go for Heta Omega. She couldn't remember exactly why she went in that direction, but it might have had to do with the free food. "I've been in Heta Omega since first year, but I didn't join anything else this year. I'm trying to focus on my studies," she said, responding to Samantha. It just didn't quite seem her thing, but she was attempting to be a good student and be involved. However, she might look at joining some more valuable clubs next year that would help her in the future. What that was, she hadn't quite yet determined. This bothered her a bit, as she knew they had to choose extra classes to take at the end of this year.

She looked around as Samantha adored the bird paradise and smiled."It is quite remarkable, isn't it?" Sometimes, when she was little, she had wished she a bird when she just wanted to get away from it all. Today was one of those days. She sighed while looking down at the grounds. What if she could fly right over the grounds and then soar over the water? If only she was good at flying. Impulsively, she pulled herself up onto the ledge, swung her legs over, and sat down. This was a pretty large feat for the small girl, but she took it one deep breath of air and smiled. She looked back at Samantha and asked, "Do you ever just want to do something wild?"

OOC: @Adorah Zumwalt Omg, im so sorry, that this is late! VERY late...

Samantha nods understanding about what Adorah was saying about trying to focus on studies. Samantha's grades weren't as great as she had hoped. She nods in agreement and smiles when Adorah tells her how remarkable the area is. Samantha turns to Adorah and gives her a questioning look and then laughs a little. "It depends on what wild thing you have in mind?" Samantha says with a slight smile. Samantha didn't mind doing wild things. She always thought that people should do wild things in their lives from time to time, to find more excitement.

It was time for the Gryffindor girl to face her fears. It had been three years, and every morning Sierra had run out of the Great Hall because of the flying death birds- in other words; the owls. She was taking deep breaths, trying to convince herself that she was going to be okay, all she needed to do was spend some time in the Owlery with the owls, and she'd see that they were okay! Well, maybe okay! They'd been there for three years and she wasn't dead or blind yet.
Birds were just insanely scary and she didn't know why they all had to use owls! They flew around your head and could easily scrape out your eyes, peck out your eyes and scrape your shoulder, drop rats and other dangerous things onto your head and - "NOPE." Sierra declared loudly as she entered the Owlery, before quickly turning around and running away from the home of the death birds, straight back to her Common Room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back