Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Gay (Charlie)
Wand
Straight 14 1/2 Inch Unyielding Walnut Wand with Essence of Belladonna Core
The Great Hall looked pretty much the same it always had during the yule ball, but Phoebe wasn't going to complain. Was it a bit silly to go all Winter Wonderland ever year though it was summer? Yes. But Phoebe, for once, wasn't in the mood to be cynical. The gently falling snow added to the romantic atmosphere, and Phoebe wanted to enjoy the final yule ball with her girlfriend. She had dragged Charlie over to a corner of the hall, then wrapped her arms around her and given her a kiss. "Do you mind if we dance, just a bit?" She asked her girlfriend, using one of her hands to twirl the skirt of her dress a little. "I know it's not your favorite thing... but it's our last chance." She smiled up at her almost a bit nervously. "Unless we manage to sneak me in next year." She teased.

Last edited:
School dances definitely weren't Charlie's favourite thing in the world, but they were always better with her girlfriend. Meeting Phoebe had permanently changed a lot of the ways Charlie thought about things, and it was one of the many things she loved about her girlfriend. And so Charlie was doing her best to focus on that, instead of thinking about the reality they would be facing next year. Phoebe would have graduated, and Charlie would have to go through her final year at school painfully alone. It hurt to think about, but that day kept creeping ever closer, and today was the horrible reality of their final Yule Ball together as a couple. Charlie hated thinking about that, but there was no avoiding it. Phoebe's graduation was only half a year away now, and they had to enjoy this time while they had it. It was clear that Phoebe's mind had been in a similar place as soon as she spoke. Charlie's heart sank, but she couldn't hold back a smile at Phoebe's last joke. "You telling me you won't disguise yourself as a librarian to come dance with me?" She teased, taking Phoebe's hand gently. "Let's go dance."

Phoebe wondered if perhaps she shouldn't have brought up that this was her final yule ball at Hogwarts, but she felt that if she hadn't, it would have just been this big elephant in the room between them. Phoebe didn't want an elephant between them, even a metaphorical one. She wanted nothing between herself and Charlie. "I think it may not be appropriate for a librarian to dance with a student, not even a fake one." She said, smiling a bit. "Besides, I think I would die from boredom as a librarian, no offense to them." She liked the library as much as the next Ravenclaw, but being a librarian sounded boring and repetitive. She pulled Charlie closer by the hand and grinned up at her. "No reason we can't dance here." She said, letting go of her hand to wrap her arms around her neck.

Charlie snorted with laughter at Phoebe's comments. "Alright, fair. You'll have to hide in my suitcase then." She said with a small smile, thumb tracing the back of Phoebe's hand gently. "Or pretend to be Diana's secret long lost evil twin. Hoebe Pholland." Charlie grinned, her tone teasing. "It's foolproof." She faltered when Phoebe pulled her closer, confused for a moment, but Charlie quickly grinned at the suggestion. A quiet dance alone in the corner felt much better than going out onto the crowded dancefloor. Charlie only ever wanted it to be just her and Phoebe at these things. "True." She smiled warmly, eyes meeting Phoebe's.

Phoebe grinned. "That's a foolproof plan. I should have thought of that." She told her girlfriend, spending a few moments imagining it. Charlie's next plan made her laugh out loud. "Oh, please." She said with a grin. "Diana is clearly the evil twin." She said, glancing over to where Diana was dancing with some boy on the middle of the dance floor. There was a part of her that was glad her sister seemed to be over her latest heartbreak, but she mostly rolled her eyes at her insistence on being at the center of attention. Phoebe was much happier here with Charlie. She placed her arms around Charlie's neck and started to sway in place. "Do you think we could hang out over break? It'll be too long otherwise."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back