Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Derek<3
Wand
Curved 10 Inch Rigid Rosewood Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
The blonde hadn't been exactly enjoying her break. After the discussion that ended in a fight with Emilia last year she didn't knew how to feel about her cousin. One thing what was sure, was that Athena was mad at her cousin. The things she had said had been hurting her, and more than she wished it would. Emilia thought that Athena was confident and all and just like Evelyn but she was wrong. She was insecure as well, but she tried to make the best of it and not hide it. Everybody was insecure sometimes about theirselves. And the subject boyfriend or love was difficult to Athena. She never had a boyfriend before and she dreamed of her prince on the white horse. But he wasn't there yet.

Athena tried to focus on something else and went to a place she was often. The student lounge was just a nice place where she could chat with people if she wanted of just do her own thing. And the blonde hadn't been writing songs in a while, so she sat there on the couch writing a new song. About her own insecurities and desire for love. It was perhaps foolish but it was what she felt right now. And she was hurt. Family was important to Athena and she didn't knew what to say to her parents about it over the break. Athena was glad to have Mazi and she was really the best friend she could get. Emilia had also been speaking of more friends, but Athena didn't even had lots of friends. Just people she spoke to sometimes, but Mazi was her only true actual friend. And she could use someone right now.

Derek was somewhat oblivious to the drama that him hanging out with Athena had caused. In his mind, though he knew that they were related the two hadn’t always seemed that close when he’d been with Emilia, they’d only really spent a little time as the three of them. He had come to really appreciate the kindness that Athena had shown him, she had been nice to him, patient with him and actually allowed him a space to vent his frustrations. He felt more sure of himself now than he had before, he knew that the break up had been hard, but he felt so much more happy now. He was doing what he needed to do, he was working hard on what he needed to work on. Derek knew that he had in part the friendship of Athena to thank for that, and perhaps Sapphire a little too. Two people he had never expected to help him out.
The prefect walked into the student lounge and the girl who was on his mind was in that very room, the first person he noticed in fact. He spent a moment just looking towards her and noticing then that she didn’t look all that happy. She seemed sad almost. He wasn’t going to let that happen, not when she had spent so much time with him making him feel less unhappy. He walked over and took the seat next to her, ”Hey,” he greeted softly. ”How are you?” he liked Athena, and there was little denying that she was beautiful. Derek wasn’t sure if he should mention that she didn’t look particularly happy. Perhaps she wouldn’t want to talk about it, which really was fair enough. ”You look like you could use some company,” he settled upon saying, with a sympathetic smile on his face.

Athena was in the middle of her song and some words just came out on paper. It was personal and she had been insecure about her singing and songs, but she didn't had a future plan still so perhaps she could always try it out. Athena was so in the middle of her own thing that she didn't noticed Derek taking a seat next to her, until he greeted her. Athena looked up a bit suprised and than smiled shortly. Seeing Derek was nice and it was just right on time, but also not since she directly looked around in the room if Emilia was there or a friend of hers. Like that Hufflepuff girl Acacia who didn't seemed to like her at all. Athena didn't even knew why Mazi hanged out with her, she didn't seemed nice. But the blonde smiled to Derek. The how are you question was a bit well difficult to answer, but she did it. '' Hey.. '' Athena than said first and put her writing stuff away for a moment. '' I'm okay. Started writing a bit to take my mind off and put it on paper.'' The blonde just said honestly. Perhaps it sounded stupid, but she would not lie about it. Not to Derek, she liked spending time with him. But it also felt difficult knowing Emilia would be so quickly mad. But looking at him made her happy right now, more happy than she felt before he came here. The company was right on time and a good thing. And exactly he seemed to be seeing that. Did her face tell so much? About how she felt right now. '' I actually can use it. If it's not a problem to steal something of your time.'' The blonde than explained. And than sighted, it was strange saying this to the ex boyfriend of your cousin. But Athena saw Derek as a friend right now, and perhaps he could help her feel a bit better.
'' It's Emilia.. We had a fight before the break. Things are so messed up.'' Athena than said a bit sad and had trouble of hiding her tears.

Derek kept his gaze on Athena as he took the seat next to her. He was always happy to see her, but seeing that she didn’t look all that happy made him want to even more so, since she had been so nice to him when he’d been feeling down. He gave her a little smile, looking at what she had been writing and nodding. It seemed like she was one of the people who wrote to help them take their mind off other things. He had never been that sort of person, apart from maybe with quidditch. He shook his head at her, ”You can have any amount of my time,” Derek told her with a sincere smile. He was then surprised when the trouble was having was with Emilia. He had realised that with the two being a cousins, it might just cause problems. But he was unwilling to admit whatever roll he had in that. Athena was her own person and capable of making choices, Emilia had no claim over him any more.
Derek looked at Athena and gave a sympathetic smile, ”I’m sorry, that’s probably my fault,” he could see that Athena was very upset about it. He looked around the room, and spotted a radio in the room. He took out his wand, and made it play, a soft, relatively upbeat song played over the speakers. He stood up from where he’d been sitting, ”Dance with me,” he held his hand out to her. He didn’t have anything to offer athena to help her. He didn’t know what to say, or how to assure her it would be okay. Instead he figured he could make her feel better. Dancing in a room like this was maybe a bit silly, but maybe something a little silly was needed, ”I promise you, I’m very good,”

Athena smiled a bit more as Derek joined her and she put all her stuff aside since he came sitting next to her. Athena smiled even more when he said she could have any time. But she didn't want to hold him off in case she would. But now she knew she would not. '' That is really sweet. Thanks.'' But on the other hand she reminded their last conversation in this room when the roles were different. She came sitting next to him to help him out and perhaps he could help her out now. She hoped he would not mind her talking of her cousin. It was a difficult situation now. Perhaps she was wrong to talk about her with him. But he asked. Her smile dissapeared as Derek told it was his fault probably. But Athena looked surprised. '' No why would it be? It's just...'' Athena than sighted deep. She felt uncomfertable talking about her insecurities, but she would not act like she didn't had them like Emilia did now. '' She hurted me. With something she said. And she feels like I choose your side when you guys broke up. So things are messed up.'' The blonde than said with another sight. Athena looked at her legs for a moment and than saw Derek looking at something, what was he doing?

The blonde than saw him making the radio play and she looked suprised by a moment. What was he planning to do? Athena had to grin for a moment. She looked at the people in the room didn't they mind? He wanted to dance now? Athena looked around and doubted. '' Dance? Like now?'' She than asked a bit unsure. He promised her he was good. And Athena figured perhaps dancing was what she needed. And secretly dancing with Derek seemed really fun. She thought about it for one moment again and looked around the room but than took his hand and stood up. '' Okay. Why not.'' The blonde than said with a grin and than started to dance a bit. It was not a slow song, and that was not what she could use right now as well. So she was glad it was something dancy. And a small smile appeared on her face. '' I'm so curious at your dancemoves now than. So prove it.'' She than said teasing.

Derek knew that though what Athena was saying was right, that it wasn’t anything to do with him, that it was a fight the pair had had, he knew that it was still somewhat related to him, that if it wasn’t for him they wouldn’t be fighting. He felt pretty bad about it, though felt like he wasn’t exactly going to act any differently, that he would just continue to spend time with Athena. If she asked him to stop he would, he would avoid her if she needed him to, but Derek wouldn’t do it unless he was explicitly asked. He stood up and let the music play softly in the background, grinning to her as she seemed surprised at what he asked, ”Of course now,” he replied as if it were an obvious thing. Derek knew it maybe wasn’t what she wanted, that she would think dancing a little silly, but dancing helped distract and he got the feeling she would appreciate a little distraction. He smiled as she took his hand, and he just led her to where it would be easier to dance. A little more space to sway and dance to the music. ”Oh, I’ll show you how good I am,” Derek said with a little grin. He was pleased the song was neither too upbeat nor too slow, easy enough to dance to. Derek spun the girl under his arm with a little smile, and led the dance to the music. It was a little silly, and he was choosing to dance in a slightly more exaggerated manner than he would at any school event, but it felt fun and silly. It was just good fun.

Athena watched Derek and he was just so confident it seeemed. And Athena could use someone who was way more confident than she was. Emilia had been having this vague idea that Athena was way more confident just like Evelyn but she wasn't. Evelyn was way more confident than they were both. And Chrissy was on her own way not that scared. Chrissy was way more brave she knew. And she figured she had to watch her sister to not get in too much trouble. But she was glad to have a friend who could make her do stuff she usually didn't do. She would never had danced out of herself in the middle of the student lounge. So she grinned as he said ofcourse now and watched Derek dance. She dared him to show how he could dance. '' You are crazy. But you have made me smile again. So thanks.'' Athena than said with a smile and looked at Derek for a moment while dancing. He touching her hand felt nice as well, and she tried to shake away those thoughts. This could not be happening. And she didn't need to think differently of him or picture things in her mind. He was just here and he would touch many girls hands for sure. It was nothing special. Athena dreamed of this and that someone would like her more than a friend, but she just had too much dreams in her mind. Dancing together and turning around made her smile. He was not so bad for sure at this. Athena started to laugh for a moment, and didn't even paid attention to the students around her. She only had eyes for Derek now. '' You have moves. I'll give you that. '' Athena than said as she let go of his hand for a moment. After he had turned her around. Than a slow song came on and Athena stopped dancing for a moment. This felt more weird, people danced differently on this. '' Do you want to stop? Or shall we take this dance?'' She asked him. Perhaps this reminded him of things with Emilia. And Athena didn't knew if Derek would like this. '' I'm kinda in the dance mood now. You made me.'' She than added to make it less awkward with a grin.

Derek was pretty pleased that Athena had deicded to dance with him, it was such a simple thing, but he just got the impression it would help her, he just felt like it would be the thing to do to help her. The teen didn’t mind, making his movements exaggerated, he didn’t mind if others were looking and watching what they were doing. He looked to her and smile as she seemed to smile back at him, it seemed it was helping, and she certainly then said as much too. He didn’t mind that, didn’t mind just dancing with her to the light music in the bakcground. He could admit that if Emilia saw them, it likely wouldn’t help the situation between Athena and her, but he still wanted to make Athena feel better more than he wanted to stop Emilia getting upset about things that weren’t really for her to get upset about. The slytherin nodded, ”See, I’m very good,” he spun her around and then as the songs changed he drew to a small stop. It was a different pace of song, slower and less easy to have exaggarated dance moves to. He knew that iw ould be a completely different type of dance, but he didn’t much care about that. He help out his hand as she asked the question, ”If you’re in a dancing mood and more than happy to oblige,” the teen said with a wide smile and a little bow. He had his hand out to her and he was more than willing to continue dancing with her no matter the song that was playing.

Athena had been focussing on Derek so far with the dancing part. But when the slow song came on she kind of felt insecure. Was this not weird dancing in the student lounge? But Derek smiling at her made her think she was ok. And doing this also felt fun and a way of getting more comfertable. It wasn't like she could not dance, she could dance for sure. But dancing on a slow song felt more different than just dancing on uptempo music. Derek spun her around and the blonde smiled. '' You are good. No lies there.'' She than replied with a grin. For Derek it was the same he had nothing to be ashamed about. She looked at his hand for a moment and listened to his reply. He would do anything now. Athena had been forgetting everything she worried about when coming here. And that was exactly the point perhaps. '' If I say, dance like a monkey would you do that too?'' Athena than asked and grinned, ofcourse it was a joke. Derek took all the time he had for her and did as she liked. That was really sweet of him.

The slow song played along. Athena figured it would be nice to dance and was glad he didn't mind. It was a little strange perhaps, but she tried to let that go. But it would be the last one, after this dance she was done. It didn't had to become like Yule Ball or some other dance. Athena took his hand and smiled. He was such an gentleman and she blushed for a moment. She would have her dream dance perhaps now, even if it wasn't real. It was not on an actual dance and she didn't wore a pretty dress, but the fact a boy took the time for her even if it was just a friend made her more happy than ever. '' Thanks... '' She than said shy. She than started to slow dance on the song together with Derek.

Derek smiled at her when she agreed that he was good, he had worked so hard to be good at dancing and good with people, specifically to help people if they needed it. He knew that Athena had been struggling and whatever role he might’ve inadvertently played in it. He knew that part of this was him feeling like doing something to make her feel better was her duty. She needed to. Derek laughed lightly at her words, ”I’m not very good at animal impressions,” he joked back, but really if she wanted him to do more than dance to help make her feel a little better, he wasn’t sure he’d put up much of a fight about it. The teen didn’t mind that the song switched to something slower, that it made them dance a little mroe seriously, a little more closely. He still exggerated a lot of his movements but he could admit they were a little less than before. He had always made it his mission to know how to dance, to be able to woo and impress the people around him. He wanted to be a good friend, a good partner because that way he’d always be happy and surrounded with people. She had seemed a little nervous to dance with him like this but, once they got started, it seemed to settle a little more. Eventually the song slowly drew to an end and Derek smiled. He took a small step away and bowed to Athena, ”You know I’m only as good at my dance partner,” he told her, ”You’re a great dancer too,”

Athena could see that Derek was one of the better dancers. She could tell because she never had danced with a boy before, and had watched them very closely at the dances she had been. Always from the sideline or while dancing with Mazi or another friend. She kind of felt like the most happy girl that she got finally this chance. Perhaps Derek would think of it as stupid, but he had done her the greatest pleasure he could give. She smiled as he joked about animals and impressions. '' I'm glad you are not.'' She than said with a grin. The slow song went on and she just felt like they were the only two people in the room. She didn't even cared anymore if people were staring or looked strange. When the song ended she looked at Derek and smiled. Athena just did something. Derek was the leader in this and she followed him and was fine with that. He knew what he was doing, he had been dancing with Emilia ofcourse and perhaps even more people. '' Thanks. I never have danced with a boy before. It ment a lot for me.'' Athena than said kind of blushing. It was stupid that she never had before and she understood it if he thought strange of her now. She felt stupid of saying so. And she felt mixed feelings now, it was a battle. And she didn't even knew how it felt if you would like someone. But she knew she liked being with Derek for sure. He was an great friend. '' I'm feeling better for sure. '' Athena than said with a smile. It just happend and she didn't even thought about it but gave him a short and quick kiss on his cheek. To thank him. But when she actually understood what she did she looked a bit confused. '' I'm.. I'm sorry! I have to go. Thanks again...'' Athena than said and turned around to take her bag from the couch. She didn't thought strange of it as a friend of Derek to give a kiss on the cheek. But she felt confused. She didn't want to hurt Emilia and she made a fool out of herself. Perhaps she ruined their friendship now. But Athena just got caught up in the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back