OOC First Name
Emzies
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Ebony Wand 12 1/2" Essence of Griffin Feather
Daintree had decided after the club fair had shown that quidditch was the only possible sport for them at school that he was just not having that. Of course quidditch seemed fun, but the fact there was nothing else, only four teams and a limited set of spaces to him, who could not have figured out a broom in time had more limited options. The slytherin had written home and convinced his father to send him a package with some sports things inside. He had waited long enough and finally it arrived. Dain had the rugby ball under his arm and headed outside. It was a nice enough day and he’d lightly joked with people as he passed them that they should play rugby outside and make the most of it. He didn’t want to directly ask anyone, not wanting to seem too desperate for people to play with, Daintree would be happy to just hope that some people either heard or saw and wanted to join in. The slytherin got to the great lawn and set down his outer jumper on the ground. More than enough space to play. He tossed up the rugby ball in the air and caught it when it came back down. Daintree hadn’t played rugby much, it hadn’t been one of the team’s he’d been on, but he he knew how to play at the very least.

Sully found he was starting to spend most of his time at school outside of the castle itself. As cool as it was to be living in an actual magical castle, Sully was finding all the boring stone hallways confusing and constricting. The lawn outside was perfect for hanging out on and far less likely to end up with Sully having to walk around looking lost like an idiot.
The lawn could also be just as boring on his own though, and currently Sully was watching the clouds pass, sprawled out on his back. He sat up immediately when he heard the word rugby tossed around, happily getting to his feet when he spotted Daintree tossing a ball around. He should have tried to arrange a game with the other kid earlier, after they'd spoken at the club fair, this school was in serious need of a good rugby game. "Daintree, hey, mate, you wanna play?" Sully asked jogging over. It'd be a bit more fun with more people, but Sully was just excited to throw the ball around a run some energy out.

Amy was sprawled on the lawn, her school books scattered everywhere. She felt that she needed more time outside and the lawn was the best spot. There were a few people around, but not enough for them to get on her nerves. She took her studying seriously and if someone interrupted her for something, she probably wouldn't react well.

When she decided to switch from her Charms book to her Transfiguration, she heard someone talking about rugby. Amy had only played rugby for a few years, but she hadn't practiced recently. She looked up, and saw Daintree carrying a ball."Daintree," she called out, closing her book."How many people do you have? Do you need any more?" Sports weren't her favourite thing, but maybe she could learn some things and enjoy it more.

Daintree didn’t have to wait too long, he immediately spotted Sully and smiled at the gryffindor, ”Hey Sully,” the boy made a point of saying the other boy’s name to show that he had remembered it. Then he just nodded, ”Yes! Absolutely!” the slytherin exclaimed, ”Got my dad to send me a brand new ball and everything,” Dain tossed the ball over to his friend, they could toss it back and forth until other people arrived. Which someone else did, Amy, the hufflepuff he’d spoken to in the great hall, his hufflepuff friend. ”Hey Amy! As of now we have three people,” Dain motioned between them, they couldn’t play with just three but they could still toss the ball about until other people got there. Sports had to be interesting to other people and other people would definitely spot what they were doing and want to join in. ”Oh Amy, this is Sully, Sully this is Amy. Maybe we can just toss the ball about and then if more people join then get into more of a proper game?” the slytherin proposed with a small smile, the Slytherin hoped they’d both be game for it.

Amy grinned."Hi Sully, nice to meet you!" She put all of her things in her bag and sat it next to the tree. She could keep an eye on it from there."It shouldn't take long for someone else to come, surely. But let's toss the ball around, it sounds like a good plan." Hopefully she could practice catching before they started a game. She needed practice, and this seemed like the perfect way to get it.

Rioghan was bored. She was on the track team in her elemtary school and without training to fill up her time, she was left with too much energy and too little things to do. Deciding to go for anoyher run, she wore her hoodie and favourite pair of sweatpants and rubber shoes. Tying her hair in a bun, she walked out to the lawn to find three of her classmates playing with a rugby ball. Face brightening up at the face of a game she jogged over and slung an arm around Sully's shoulder.

"Heya, Sully! Mind if I join, guys? I mean, I haven't played rugby before, but if there's anything I could do, it's running."

Realizing she was being too forward, Ree straightened up with a smile. She greeted them with a bow and introduced herself.

"Ah, forgive me if I came off rude. My name is Rioghan Scairbhin, but please call me Ree!"

Sully grinned and caught the ball as Daintree chucked it to him, giving it a quick once over. "Nice, we can show some of these wizards a thing or two," He said, quickly sidestepping around Daintree before tossing the ball back as a girl came over to join them. "Hey Amy," He greeted happily. "We can probably get enough people together for some touch or something aye," Sully had only really played touch rugby, though he and his friends sometimes messed around tackling, which Sully personally thought was more fun, he didn't want to accidentally end up hurting any kids who didn't know how to play yet.
Sully smiled when another girl joined them, recognizing Rioghan, Ree, from the train and classes. "Hey Ree, you wanna be on my team?" Sully beckoned her over, liking the sound of her being a fast runner. He could teach her the rules later. "Gryffindor vs everyone else sounds good to me," He said confidently, raising an eyebrow at Daintree in challenge.

"Hi Ree!" Amy called. Sully said that they should play Gryffindor verse everyone else."What do you think, Daintree? I reckon we could beat them." Amy wasn't sure that they could beat them. Her catching was shocking, but she could tackle decently."I'm guessing that we're not tackling, especially if Ree hasn't played before?" Amy held out her hands for the ball, hoping to catch it and not fall on her face in the process. She had embarrassed herself enough in the past and she didn't want to keep that up.

Rioghan smirked over at Amy and crossed her arms.

"Confident are you, Amy? I like that."

She tilted her head to look at Sully. "I can't exactly ignore a challenge after all!"

She liked to think that she was pretty good at dodging. Memories of volleyball games furing PE class and all the balls she dodge because she thought her face would get hit, filled her head before she shook it off. Changing her bun to a ponytail, she pulled it tight and gave her new playmates a grin and punched the air.

"Let's do this!!!"

Daintree caught the ball as it was tossed back to him from Sully and he gave the boy a little smile. This would be good. Of course with the addition of Amy playing there was a couple of them, it made it just that little bit easier for them, he nodded as Amy agreed that they could just pass it back and forth unless they were joined by another person, a girl that Daintree didn’t know but who did know Sully. He gave the girl a smile, trying to be as friendly as possible when meeting a new person. ”That’s okay,” he replied quickly when she said she didn’t or hadn’t ever played. It wasn’t a bit deal. ”I’m Daintree,” he introduced as Sully decided to split them off, gryffindor versus him and Amy. He thought that would a rather fair divide, he looked at Amy and nodded, ”Definitely,” he agreed, but at her comment he shrugged, he didn’t think they should hold back on it, ”I think it would be good practice all round to just be careful,” he didn’t want to not tackle, but they could still take it a little easier. He tossed the ball to Amy before moving away, setting his jumper at some distance, ”Do any of you have a jumper that we can use for the other scoring section?” it would be a very light game but he was sure they would have fun.

Noel was mostly be found outside and close to the Pitch for Quidditch. The brown haired boy really couldn't wait to get playing. He hoped to make the team next year. It would be nice to be there together with Gabriel and playing against his brother. The brown haired boy saw two familliar boys further and they seemed to be playing something. He was curious and walked over them and when he got closer he noticed his roommate Sully and Dainstree. He heard them talking and he didn't knew what kind of game this was but he was curious and excited. '' Hi guys! What are you playing?'' he than asked with a smile and went standing next to Sully and grinned to his roommate. He than looked at the two other girls. He had seen Amy before but the other girl not. '' Hi I'm Noel.'' He than introduced himself.

Rioghan nodded to Noel in greeting. "Nice to meet you, Noel. I'm Rioghan, but please call me Ree." She scratched her head as she thought of something. "I'm in Gryffindor too, but you probably haven't seen me around." She laughed. "I've been hiding in the library burying myself in books."

"Oh, and we're playing Rugby. Wanna join? I haven't played it before but it's a game, so it must be fun!"

Sully liked how amped the girls were getting, giving Ree a confident nod at Amy's challenge. He was a little disappointed they'd be playing touch, but Daintree was probably right, they didn't want hurt any of the newbies really. "Here, I got it," Sully said, kicking off his shoes and socks to mark another goal line with them. He ran better in bare feet anyway.

"Hey Noel!" Sully said with a wave as his roommate approached them "Oh, Noel's in Gryffindor so he's on our team too," Hopefully they got another person to join the other side, but Sully wasn't too worried if they were just messing around.

Amy agreed that touch was a good idea. It wasn't fair for Ree to be at a disadvantage if the others had played being. Daintree tossed her the ball and she caught it with ease. Thankfully. She tossed the ball in the air a few times while Daintree and Solomon marked the goals.

Just before they started playing, another boy came down. He introduced himself, and Amy recognised him. She had seen him around before, but had never spoken to him."Hi Noel! Nice to meet you." Since he was in Gryffindor, he went to the other team, but that didn't bother Amy. Sure, she hoped that another person came so the teams were even, but they weren't playing too seriously. Amy grinned, and tossed the ball back to Daintree."Let's do this!"

Rioghan approached Sully and slung an arm around his shoulders. "Dude, mate, Sully my bro, tell me what I'm gonna do. I do need to know what I need to do if we want to win after all!" She grinned cheekily. She wasn't very confident since she never played rugby before, but she trusted her housemate to lead her in the right way. She'll follow her teammates lead and just do her part well.

Noel liked being in a big group. He liked when people came together and loved bringing people together, but this time someone else did with a game called rugby. Noel had never heard of it before, but was sure that Gabriel had. That guy really knew every muggle sport there was it seemed. He smiled as a gryffindor girl introduced herself as Rioghan. It was a beautiful name he thought. '' Hi Ree! Nice to meet you too. It's a lot easier to call you that way.'' He than grinned. He didn't saw her before indeed but was glad that he met another gryffindor. He liked everyone but Eric so far. '' Than you did a lot better than I. I've been outside a lot. Have to see some books more.'' He than said with a smile. Beaubelle did that more, reading books and be inside he figured. He shook his head about rugby. '' I want to play! But have no idea how it goes.'' Than he looked at his roommate Sully and smiled. '' Go Gryffindor!'' He than said with a grin. And he was fine with anything. He smiled towards the Hufflepuff girl than, he didn't knew her name. Noel than looked at Dainstree. '' How does it work?'' And he waited for an explanation or some suggestions or what she do.

Dain was glad when Sully offered up something to use as the other goal line. He thought the kid was a bit odd to want to play in his bare feet, but perhaps that was just what he preferred. He wouldn’t make friends if he spent more time questioning it than just accepting it. He looked up when he heard another voice approach, ”Hey Noel,” he greeted with a warm expression, he didn’t know the other gryffindor all that well, but it never hurt to have more friends. It did make their game a little uneven, perhaps he should’ve tried to invite more people from slytherin, he doubted Lucky would ever but maybe some of the others. The gyrffindor girl, Ree, who had like Noel never played it before seemed keen to let Noel know what was going on. Daintree just nodded. He rolled his eyes a little at Sully, ”Fine, but we get to start with the ball,” He countered with a little smile. He threw the ball up in the air and caught it again. ”You guys will score where my jumper is and then we’ll score where Sully’s shoes are. Basically you have to get the ball beyond the line, you can hold and run with the ball, pass it backwards and tackle it out of someone's hands,” the boy gave a few instructions, thinking it pretty important that they were all very clear on what they were doing. ”If you guys don’t need any time to discuss it, let’s get playing,” he motioned for Amy to stand near to him as he put the ball roughly in the middle between the two goal lines. He got into position and looked up at them. ”You ready?”

Sully really couldn't believe all these kids had never heard of rugby before, but it was fine. He quite liked being the expert in things, leaning in to Ree and wrapping his arm around her shoulder too "It's pretty simple, we get the ball from Daintree and Amy, and then you run as fast as you can to the other side and touch it on the ground," It was a pretty seamless plan if he said so himself, giving Daintree and Amy a challenging smile.
It was good Noel seemed amped too, and Sully nodded as Daintree went over the rules, beckoning Noel over to face the other team. "We gonna kick off or you just wanna go for it and see if you can get past the iron defense here?" He said, motioning to him and Team Gryffindor.

Daniella had been absolutely bored out of her wits in the Gryffindor dormitories. That and she was procrastinating. There hadn't been much to do in Hogwarts aside from studying and the occasional hanging out with people. She wasn't very comfortable with actually seeking people out though so they could spend time with her to relieve the boredom. She was however, more than capable of venturing out and looking for something to do instead. Today, she had been planning to head to the Pitch and see if she could sneak in and watch the teams practice or something. However, before she could even get there, she managed to encounter a whole group of first years just getting ready to play a game of rugby. She pretty much knew almost everyone there, which was a bit of a surprise to her - she didn't think she actually met that many people. Seeing though as there were only five people, Dani wondered if she could join. Before she could think overly hard on the matter, she jogged up to the group, "Hey! Mind if I join in?" she said with a small smile. She hadn't played rugby before, but she'd watched a game a couple of times to have a very vague idea of what to do.

Dani's call made Ree's head whip to face her. Waving her free arm at her dormmate, she called her over."Dani! Of course, come join us!"

Looking around at the number of players on the Lawn, she tilted her head. "We're a bit uneven on players, though." She called out to the others. "Hey guys, how are we going to do this? Is she on Daintree's team or ours?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back