Rosebud

Isabelle Valentina

OOC First Name
Samantha
Wand
Ebony Wand 15 Essence of Phoenix Talon
Isabelle sauntered down the lawns, reveling in the brisk sunlight and lush scenery. The lake sparkled in the distance, the afternoon light bending and refracting off the waves. Her skirt fluttered around her legs as she walked down a hill towards a thicket of rosebushes. The array of hues were beautiful; soft pinks and vibrant reds and pure whites. Isabelle knelt down on the frost-frozen ground and fingered a delicate petal. She liked the paradox of roses -- so beautiful and enticing at first glance, but upon closer inspection have the ability to impale you with its concealed thorns.

A breeze picked up, whipping her dark brown hair around her face. Isabelle reached up to pull a strand behind her ear and gazed out at the serene landscape. She fingered absentmindedly at her knapsack, wishing for a distraction from the homework she left in her dormitory.

After slowly wandering the grounds, the young girl had found nothing to occupy her mind with. She knew she had work to do, but she had no interest in doing it. That and she knew she had much bigger fish to fry. This was first year, it didn't entirely matter if she wasn't the most perfect student. However, postponing what she needed to do was actually proving fairly hard for her. Mostly as she was running low on places to go, and things to see. Such a huge castle and not too long in, Sage had found herself already bored. Well, just because she knew she had school work to do that she really didn't want to have to. This was why her walk lead her to the place she hadn't really been before. The Rosebush. Now, Sage knew what it was. She'd overheard some others talking about it. And well, yeah she was curious. Some girl dies and gets a rosebush. God, how weird. And the fact it stood there still, when Sage was sure the people who had cared or known about her were probably long gone. However, as the got near to this place, the young SLytherin noticed another girl. Who looked around the same age as her, and well, looked a little the same too. This would be good. She knew the girl wasn't a Slytherin, but she wasn't too bothered as long as she wasn't a hufflepuff. However, it was as she cleared her throat to not scare the other girl she noticed the bag. "Oh honey, we have got to get you a new bag." She said, unable to not say that. "That was rude, sorry, but it's also true." She shrugged. "Strange to think this rosebush is here because some girl died here. Creepy." Sage looked at the girl. "So, you a first year?" She asked, knowing the answer would very likely be a yes. She figured that this, could actually be a lot of fun.

Isabelle looked around, startled. Standing over her was a slim girl with medium-length brown hair and wide brown eyes. She had her hand on her hip and a mischievous expression on her face; Isabelle noticed she wore a Slytherin uniform. Before she could say anything, the girl spoke. At her comment, Isabelle glanced down at her bag, frowning. Okay, maybe it was a little out of date, but it was an odd statement nonetheless.

As the girl continued talking, Isabelle studied her. She seemed really confident in herself, which Isabelle respected. Sure, maybe she spoke her mind, but that wasn't necessarily a bad thing. It was...dare she say it?...an interesting change. From all the super-happy friendliness, that is. The Slytherin seemed like she was adventurous and fun, like she wouldn't mind bending the rules a bit. Isabelle grinned.

"I'm Isabelle Valentina, first year Gryffindor," she said, extending her hand. She made sure to meet the girl's eyes, to show her she wasn't intimidated. Isabelle wasn't one to easily back down. "Slytherin, right? I don't think I've met one of you yet." Isabelle gazed up at her through her lashes. "Want to sit?"

What surprised Sage was how the girl didn't seem to bothered by her very slight bluntness. Sure, she wasn't exactly being kind, but she also wasn't exactly being completely evil, maybe this girl didn't mind a little bit of harshness, and well, Sage thought the girl kind of look like a less pretty version of her, so she didn't mind. Instead she found a small smirk reaching her face. She actually in these first moments she sort of liked the girl, which was odd, since Sage didn't really like a lot of people. She found she just tolerated most people. Which was different with her. She actually seemed like a nice sort of person she could see herself maybe, just maybe getting a long with. That and from the uniform the girl was Gryffindor. Which was one better than silly good for nothing Hufflepuff. The girl introduced herself and Sage smiled. "I'm Sage, also first year" She said nodding her head slightly. Happy to introduce herself who wasn't a complete idiot asking what a head girl was. Which made for a good change. She nodded her head. "One of us? Wow, didn't know Slytherin was seen as that. However, you Isabelle, are the first of you that I have met, so we'll over look that." She just nodded as the girl asked if she wanted to sit. "Although I understand a Gryffindor's reluctance to make conversation with a Slytherin. After all, Slytherin is better and has much more a colder reputation." Sage had never cared much if she annoyed someone, or said something that went completely against what the person she was with thought. Sage didn't give a sh1t and when it came to houses, she believed in the Might of Slytherin over others "I guess as a Gryffindor you have plenty friends with the others in our year?" Sage had a very light spanish accent as she spoke. it was almost untraceable in her words.

Isabelle raised her eyebrows as Sage took a seat next to her. She assumed most people would be bothered by Sage's sarcasm and...strong...opinions, but a lifetime under her parent's roof taught Isabelle to take jabs with a grain of salt. She smiled despite herself at the Slytherin's confidence. "Slytherin may be beating us in house points, but I hear we won House Cup last year. But hey, Nothing like a little competition to keep me interested." Isabelle figured a little house rivalry was innocent enough. Sage didn't seem like someone who gave up easily, and Isabelle figured she would be a good motivator to try harder at whatever she was attempting, be it flying or studies.

Isabelle leveled her gaze so she was staring at Sage's coffee-colored eyes. She was pretty, Isabelle mused, with a softness that didn't match her demeanor. She was surprised to find they resembled each other a bit, except Sage's hair was shorter and lighter than Isabelle's. "As for friends, well I have my fair share. Not nearly enough boys though for my liking." She sighed, remember a boy with black hair and deep blue eyes. But that was in the past.

The house rivalry was all fun to Sage. She had no real interest in it. If Slytherin won, that was good, but if they didn't, then what did it matter. Really, what did it matter. In her mind as long as Slytherin didn't finish last, she was not bothered. She liked the girl beside her. She hadn't seemed bothered by what Sage was saying, at her little comments about Slytherin being better, despite the girl being in the rival house. She agreed, a little competition between two people of two houses would be good. "Last I heard, Gryffindor was behind Hufflepuff. Get more points than them, then it's interesting." She smirked at the girl. In her mind there was nothing worse than being a hufflepuff. There really wasn't. Sage was almost certain that had she been sorted into hufflepuff she would've made it her personal mission to annoy everyone, to destroy all house points and well, just cause havoc. Thankfully for everyone she hadn't been and so, she was just the usual b1tchy person she always was. And Slytherin was the best sort of place for her to be that. "But, our competition will keep me motivated. We'll see who wins at the end of the year. We should make a bet about it." Sage was now suddenly interested. She didn't know what the girl would be willing to bet, if she was willing to bet, and Sage wasn't entirely sure what she was willing to bet. Such an interesting time. Sage agreed with what she said, "I know. Just not enough guys. And not enough hot guys at that. Hopefully some will become hot." Sage just shrugged, it was early days, they had time. Things could change. "I have not made many friends, but, you are the first person who hasn't been a complete idiot when I spoke to them. It's refreshing. I don't know about you, but I do not have time for idiots."

Isabelle cocked her head, considering Sage's comment carefully. "Well, thanks, I guess! I don't know what I would describe as an 'idiot.' I do know that I need friends who are exciting and spontaneous. Life is way better when there's a little spice in it, don't you think?" So far, everyone who Isabelle had met was really nice, but except for her fellow Gryffindors, no one had yet dared her to do something crazy or go out on a limb. At least Margo agreed to explore the dungeons with her in the middle of the night. Now that was fun.

"Who else have you met? Maybe we have a mutual friend." Isabelle trailed her fingers along the grass, sinking her nails into the soft earth. She was actually curious about Sage; she was one of the only people she had met that hadn't given away her entire life story in the first five minutes of meeting. Sage was mysterious and exciting, definitely someone who Isabelle could see having some wild adventures with.

Smiling to herself, the girl realised that just maybe she had actually come across someone that really was perhaps worth a little more of her time, and this was a good thing. She was happy to have met this girl. The girl was clearly nicer than Sage was, but it didn't seem to matter. It really didn't which was a good thing. It really was. She nodded. "I agree with you whole heartedly, Isabelle. Life's better when it's fun" She smirked at her. Though Sage loved having a bit of fun, she had found it hard to know what she could do at Hogwarts that could be classes as fun. Sports maybe, but she wasn't too interested in that. She was just a little interested in maybe playing come next year. None of the silly learning. She gave a light laugh as the other girl asked if she had any other friends. it wasn't that she was laughing at her, just that, this was the nicest that Sage had been since arriving at school, she wasn't exactly going to have many other friends. Sage just shrugged. "Oh, I doubt it." She said, "I am not a very nice person, most people can't handle a little bit of b1tchness in their lives." She smiled at her. "I say it's fun, and most disagree. But, when everyone around you is an idiot, it's difficult to not make fun of them." Sage smiled at her, "I am slytherin for a reason. Now, about fun, what did you have in mind?" Sage was always looking for fun, this girl seemed good, seemed like a good person to have a lot of fun with. She was willing to take a gamble and actually make a friend. Possibly

Isabelle ran her fingers through her hair. She had already explored the dungeons, the cliffs, and the gardens. Her heartbeat sped up a bit as a thought came to her. "Would you be totally against the Forbidden Forest?" She asked cautiously, choosing her words to that if Sage disagreed Isabelle wouldn't act too disappointed. "I know it's completely against the rules and everything, but it's nothing like a dark, mysterious forest to get one's blood pumping." She gazed at Sage, widening her eyes. "It'd be fun, don't you think? But if you don't want to, I would totally understand." Isabelle added that last part for added measure, just so Sage would have to say yes. The Slytherin didn't seem the kind to back down from a challenge.

Sage wasn't too much of an explorer, she didn't really enjoy getting dirty, but she knew that she would maybe need to with this girl in front of her. Which was annoying, since she wasn't sure what kind of thing that Isabelle would like. It seemed so much nicer now, espicially since this girl was just like her in a sense. She was looking forward to some future fun, if they were able to be friends. It was nice, unlike all the other people that she had met, this girl wasn't silly, she didn't think that Sage was just being mean, she was just being the person that she had always been.More honest than everyine else. She smiled at the girl, as she suggested the forest, they were fairly close, the forest would be a good idea. It would work well for her. She didn't have real fears that would be faced in a dark forest. Not to mention she wasn't going to back down, this felt like a challenge now. Sage never backed down from a challenge, much less to a Gryffindor. She just nodded and stood up. "Oh, honey, it'll be fun. Need something to improve this otherwise boring term" Sage said with smirk at her. This would be easy, and she was sure that the silly Gyrffindor would be the first to back down. "Let's go." She waited for the girl to stand and lead the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back