OOC First Name
Anna
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Pansexual
Knox couldn’t help but smile slightly when he read the name of the next student he was delivering a rose to. Connor Holland was cute, and someone Knox at least recognized enough to spot him in the great hall. “Connor! Hey!” Knox called out, jogging to catch up with the boy. “I have a rose for you!” He exclaimed, smiling brightly.

@Connor Holland

Breaking up with his boyfriend right before Valentines day definitely wasn't the best timing, and as much as he was trying to throw himself into the deliveries, Connor couldn't really get into the spirit of the holiday. He tried hard not to think about Nikko getting the rose he had sent, tried to focus on the dance tonight with Lucas. Hanging out with a friend would make it much easier to get through, he hoped. He was interrupted from his brooding by a familiar voice though, looking up with a small smile and a slight flush at the sight of Knox. "Hey!" Connor said brightly, holding his basket tightly and trying not to think too much about the kiss they had shared so long ago. "Thanks!" He said brightly, wondering who it would be from. Maybe one of his Quidditch teammates?

“No worries.” Knox responded, moving to pick up the red rose from his basket. He continued to smile as he offered the rose to Connor, making sure the note was attached. “Looks like someone loves you.” He added as he looked at the rose for a moment. Knox wished he would also be delivered a red or even pink rose that year, but after the drama of the yule ball and the summer holidays he severely doubted it.​

Not sure what to write here, but you make me very happy. Happy Valentines Day!
-Nikko

Connor's face dropped the second he saw the colour of the rose, shaking his head. "Oh... no." He said slowly, arm heavy with concern as he reached out to take the rose. "That's, um..." He paused, hands shaking slightly as he opened the note. Maybe it was Freya...? But no, the note was exactly what he feared, and Connor crumpled it up again quickly, tears popping into his eyes slightly. "Sorry, um, Nikko - we... we just broke up." He choked out an uncomfortable laugh. "He'll... probably be getting... getting a similar rose from me too..."

Knox frowned slightly, watching Connor’s reaction to the red rose. It was hardly the reaction he expected in delivering a red rose to someone. He nodded, listening and trying to show he understood when Connor explained it was from a someone he had just broken up with. “Oh…” Knox responded, looking to one side and then in the opposite direction as he was unsure of how to help the situation. After a moment he decided to speak again. “Well, it must be a nice reminder of what was.” He said with a shrug. Knox wished he would have a similar reminder but the issues with his romantic life were entirely his fault, the last thing he expected would be for Clifton to want to think of him at all on valentine’s day, let alone send him a rose.​

Connor laughed a little bitterly at Knox's comment, wiping his eyes quickly as he shook his head. "I- nah, not really." He admitted, shoving the note into his pocket. "Thanks, though. For delivering it, I mean. How, um, how have you been?" He asked, hoping to change the subject away from Nikko quickly. He had always liked Knox, harbouring the small stirrings of a crush ever since their kiss during spin the bottle, and he wasn't going to pass up an opportunity to talk to the older boy.

Knox had a gut feeling he had said something wrong when Connor spoke again. It really wasn’t his business to pry and he knew it would go against his job of delivering roses and spreading joy to poke at the subject further, so Knox was relieved when Connor asked how he had been, even if he had nothing positive to say. “I’ve been uh, not great.” He answered simply, frowning slightly as his gaze looked to his basket of roses and then back to Connor. “I’m not expecting a red rose.” He added, thinking that would explain his situation without actually explaining his situation.​

Connor's face fell as Knox confessed how he was feeling, and he felt guilty for asking. He was fairly sure Knox had been dating an older boy from Hufflepuff, but it seemed fairly clear that had ended. "I'm sorry..." Connor said softly, hesitantly touching Knox's arm. "If, uh... if there's anything I can do, let me know."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back