Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Ramasexual
Wand
12 ½' Dogwood Assorted with Phoenix Tail Feather
On a random day, Syrus ended up somewhere apart of the castle he never really explored enough like he would've liked to. There was so much he hadn't seen and he been here for six years already. That insane to him, six years and he ended up somewhere not known to him. Quidditch really took most of his time here and most of his time out on the pitch trying to make the team. And now that he made the team he had more time to explore parts of the castle like the conglomerated arts room. Syrus looked around and saw that it was line up with a variety of instruments and materials for art. He bet anything in the world Stella knew of this place, maybe. He don't recall Stella ever mentioning this place. Syrus went up to a set of drums and sat down on the small sitting stool. If Stella hadn't heard of this place, Syrus was certain his sister would have a hard time believing it. Syrus picked up two drum sticks that were placed at small table besides him. Syrus whacked the sticks together and started hitting randomly on drum set. Silas would be proud if he saw him playing now. Syrus banged around some random, odd tune that probably wouldn't make Silas that proud. Silas had always favored a softer tune.

April hadn't practiced ballet in a long time, but she had been thinking about trying it again. Since starting Hogwarts other forms of dance had been easier to keep up with, and Quidditch had kind of taken over as well. Today, she headed to the Conglomerated Arts Room in her workout clothes, a bag over her shoulder. As she approached the room, she heard a lot of noise coming from inside. April peeked in curiously, then grinned as she saw Syrus. The two of them were friends, at least April thought so. Syrus could be grumpy, but he was cool too. She walked over and tapped him on the shoulder, as she was sure he wouldn't be able to hear her even if she did shout over the noise.

Syrus stopped playing the drums, feeling the tap on his shoulder. He place the sticks right over the snare drum when he turn to see who it was fishing for his attention. "Oh, hey April," he greeted her with a small smile. Syrus hasn't really seen the girl in a while, unless they were playing quidditch or he happens to walk by Hufflepuff's table during meals, they haven't spoken in ages. "How you've been?" Syrus wasn't against small talk, so he thought he might as well give it a shot. Syrus mature a lot over the years or he likes to think he has.

April grinned at the older boy. It had been a little while since they had talked, and he used to get mad all the time about stuff she didn't understand. She was glad he didn't seem mad now, and was eager to catch up. "What are you doing? I didn't know you played music!" She said, excited. "Could you teach me a bit? It looks like fun!" She then realized he asked her how she had been, and she shrugged. "I've been good! Missing Quidditch, but the Valentine's dance was pretty good." She smiled happily. "You?"

Syrus looked down at the drums and gave them a few taps with his hands. "I do and I don't," Syrus added with a small chuckle. "My brother sometimes needs a drummer, so he sort of taught me how to play," Syrus nodded. Syrus never remembers feeling this at ease around April, although he could tell she still carried that same old April aura of hers. Syrus stood up, gather the drumsticks and handing them over. "Here, just give it a few taps, it's not that hard," Syrus move out of the way so that she may sit. "I miss it too, wish we had more games to play in this year," Syrus can relate. He sure Lizzie feeling the same way too. "Oh yeah, I didn't go. Yule Ball was fun though. I've been better."

April scoffed at Syrus' words. "Pfffft you clearly do! Don't be fake modest with me now!" She said, grinning. She had never known him to downplay anything. He was always more likely to boast. She wondered if he had become more mature, or maybe he just wasn't very secure about his music abilities. She grinned as he handed over the drumsticks and immediately tried to tap out a rhythm. What came out was more like random noise, but it was fun. "I do too. But I can always kick your butt next year." She said, teasing him. "Why didn't you go to the Valentine's dance?" April was curious, and also a little nosy. She handed the drumsticks back, frowning a bit as he said he had been better. "What's wrong?"

Syrus shrugs with a simpered of a smile. "It's not a big interest of mines, I play because of my brother," Syrus shares with her. He loved both his siblings, and out of two it's clear he hanged out with Silas more than Stella. "I play when he needs me to play or on a random day like this," added. Syrus stood around watching April play the drums. He laughed, "Okay, I know you have better rhythm than that. Play with one stick, then add the other," Syrus instructed her. That's how he learned or remember his brother's lessons. Syrus can't remember as he laughed at April, "Sure you will, for a Hufflepuff you sure are cocky," the boy laughed again. He sort of missed this with her, their familiar banter minus their arguments was good fun. The way they were heading the last time they spoke, Syrus thought it was better he stayed away. He had his reasons. "I went to the Yule Ball with my girlfriend, we decided to hang out instead of going to another dance," Syrus tells April, taking the drumsticks away from her.

Last edited:
April nodded when Syrus said it wasn't a big interest of him, but that he played because of his brother. She could understand that, though she didn't think she would ever have the patience to learn an instrument for someone else's sake. "Why does he need you to play? Is he in a band?" She asked him curiously as she looked at the drums. She huffed a bit when he started to instruct her what to do. Couldn't he let her have fun? But she did do as he suggested, taking up a rhythm with one of the sticks. "It's not cocky if you can make it reality." She said with a grin as she looked at him. She let him take the drumsticks. "Oh, okay." She said, a bit surprised he had a girlfriend. "Who is she, do I know her? I went with my... boyfriend too. To the Valentine's dance." She paused. "And to the yule ball too, but he wasn't my boyfriend yet then." She said, the words leaving her in a rush. It was still embarrassing for her to talk about that stuff.

Syrus tapped down on one of the cymbals with both drumsticks. He tapped out a simple tune, then pause from playing. "He wants to start a band. Add one more person to the mix, I'll be a part of it," Syrus had some issues with the whole idea, and yet, he was happy to be apart of something his brother believed in. And, from what Syrus gather they'll be a fairly local band. That was alright with him, unless he plays professional quidditch. "I can't wait to beat you like I did with your sister," Syrus laughs, thought that came out quite wrong in his head after he spoken it. "She was good, but not fast enough," Syrus commented, can't hold back his competitive side around April. It came out as if he was on the pitch already, seconds away from playing a game. "Rama....she a seventh year, I don't think so," Syrus paused, making a face on the sudden 'news' shared between them. He was kinda shock to hear April had a boyfriend....."Really? That happened?"

April nodded as Syrus said his brother wanted to start a band. "So it's just the two of you now?" She asked, curious to hear more about this. Syrus didn't seem that invested in it, so she assumed it was more his brother's idea than his own. When he mentioned beating October in the Quidditch match, April stuck her tongue out at him. "Pure luck." She insisted. "I'll beat you and your stupid team next time!" She grinned, this was familiar territory. "She's very fast, though, she just got unlucky." That was what April had come to understand about Quidditch. It was of course about skill, but especially the role of seeker also had a lot to do with luck and happening to be near the snitch. April was always a bit nosy, so she was definitely curious to hear about Syrus' girlfriend. But the girl he mentioned was unfamiliar to April, so she shrugged. "I don't know her." A part of her wished she hadn't mentioned Norton, but she also felt like that would have been unfair to him. But then Syrus seemed all surprised about it, which made April defensive. She crossed her arms. "Yeah, so what?" She asked him.

Syrus nodded, "Yup, for now. We might have one more person added to the mix. Do you know Willow Cullen? I saw her perform during the talent show and told my brother she needs to be in," Syrus smiles, they were in the midst of working things out. Silas wanted to hear her sing and then she might be in. As long as they stayed within the islands, Syrus was all in for the band. He still wasn't sure what other goals he wanted to achieve after Hogwarts. He'll figure it out later, for the time being he wanted to enjoy his final year at Hogwarts. "Never gonna happen on my watch," Syrus poke his tongue out, laughing effortlessly around April. Too bad they weren't like this in their primary years at Hogwarts. He let his unwarranted anger get the best of him sometimes. Quidditch had been that much important to him when he was younger, it was his first attachment to Hogwarts and in a way attachment to his late father who had been a muggel sports coach when he was alive. It's a weird connection and it only made sense to him. Syrus put the drumsticks down, "You may or may not want to know her. Depending on her," he shrugs, smiling. "I, congrats? Hope he can keep up with you, you're like a yapping jumping bean," Syrus teased, somewhat, he didn't mean to make her defensive. Maybe a little, his old feelings for April were long gone. He was sure of it, he really, really liked Rama. April was his past, and Syrus knew for sure Rama was his future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back