OOC First Name
Elizabeth
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Laurel wood, Phoenix feather core, 12 ½" in length, Supple flexibility
Rioghan's face stretched as her grin practically split her face. She was racing through the trees, jumping between roots, ducking branches and occasionally tumbling through the grass. By the time she sat down for a bit to rest , her normally put together appearance was windswept and had grass all lover. Running a hand through her hair, she caught several leaves and even a few twigs, which never failed to make her laugh. After shaking it all out of her hair and clothes. She waved them over and called out.

School was fun and the lessons were all challenging enough that she wasn't even sleepy in them. But she had been cooped up for a bit too long in her opinion and she needed to stretch her legs and get her energy out in the best way she knew. Running, climbing and acting likea ninja. She was always awed at the stories her Grandmother told her about them. And she was convinced her Uncle Touma was a ninja, how could she explain his ability to disappear into thin air otherwise?

Amy was reading a book, leaning against a tree. It wasn't a school book, but one she had brought from home. It calmed her down, reading a book that she had brought from home. It was peaceful. At least, it was until someone ran past her. Amy tried to see who it was. She laughed when she recognised the person's face."Hi Ree!" she called out."What are you doing?"

Her hair flew as Ree's head whipped to look at who called out to her. Seeing a friend, her face brightened up to a grin and she picked up her stringbag and jogged over.

"Amy! Hi!"

She plopped down to sit beside Amy, she pulled out a water bottle and gulped mouthfuls from it. Wiping her from when she finished, she turned to answer Amy.

"I was running! I just felt so restless after a week of classes that I went for a run. I'm not used to sitting still all the time so I figured stretching my legs would do the trick. I was on my school's track team, you know? I actually miss training!"

"That's super cool! When I went to school, we didn't have a track team. Mostly because the students were all like, seven." Amy laughed."I probably wouldn't have gotten on a track team anyway, I can't run super well. I'm better at dancing." She put her book into her bag, since she didn't want to lose it or for it to get damaged."I understand not being used to sitting down all the time. I feel that too sometimes."

Mark didn't know how he felt as he headed to the great lawn. He just wanted to do something and he had heard that Ree actually was going to make a racing for first years. Mark didn't really want to take part of and he wasn't sure that he will, all he knew that he had to go so he wouldn't miss it and maybe get a chance to talk to someone too. After all, he was getting a little bit more confident about himself and he had to use the spark while he had it.

He noticed that Ree was already talking with a girl he had only seen before. Mark walked closer to the them with a poker face, not showing any emotions at all.
- Hey! He said, trying to say in as confident as possible voice.

The lawn on the grounds was starting to become one of Sully's favourite spots, it was way more lively than hanging out in the stuffy common room, not to mention far fewer stairs out here too. Plus, it always seemed like people were doing fun stuff out here, and today it seemed was no different. He'd spotted Ree sprinting across the field, and remembering her challenge from earlier, decided he was going to have to take her up on her racing offer. He jogged over as she plopped down next to another girl, Amy, he was pretty sure, passing one of his roommates with a quick wave.
"Ree, you think you're pretty quick aye? We need to finally have a show down and see who's fastest," He said confidently, making a show of stretching as he spoke.

Ree brightened up even more when she saw Mark heading over to them. "Mark!" She waved him over. "Come join us! It's a nice day out, right?" She patted the spot beside her, inviting him to join them sitting under the tree. When she saw Sully jogging over to them, she was beaming. She had quite so many friends like she did now, and having almost all of them around her right made her feel like bursting in joy. When he started stretching and challenge however, she scratched her head and blushed, laughing a bit nervously.

"Uh, maybe when I've caught my breath, yeah? Wouldn't want to keel over anytime soon." Her face cleared up when she thought of something. "Oh, I'm pretty sure you guys already know each other, but Mark, meet Sully. Sully, meet Mark! And this cutie is Amy!"

She clapped her hands in excitement. "Now my friends know each other, I feel so proud of myself!" She exclaimed fake-wiping a tear.

"
Sully, sit down for a bit with us, will you? Racing can wait for a bit." She said, patting another spot near her.

"Hey Sully! Nice to meet you Mark." Amy laughed."You're too charming, Ree!" It was nice to know people and have friends. She didn't feel as lonely."Where are we going to race? How far?" She hoped it wasn't too far, because she wasn't the greatest at running. Sure, dancing took stamina, but it was easier than running for Amy. She didn't understand why, but she didn't want to embarrass herself in front of everyone.

Mark didn't quite understand how he felt inside, although he knew that he had to talk to people around him now, so it wouldn't get too awkward and he wouldn't just show his shy side. - Hey, Sully! Didn't get to talk to you, but have seen you around. Mark said, smiling at him, then turning to Amy. - Nice to meet you too, Amy! Mark was pretty sure that he has seen her in classes before, although he never talked to her.

Boy didn't think that he'll want to race as he wasn't doing any type of sports for about two years. He was going to athletics about 3 years ago but not doing anything for a long time could mean that all the skill could be lost. He was waiting for someone to make a move about race and start something, just standing with hands in his pockets.

Sully gave Mark and Amy a quick wave and a winning smile. He'd seen Amy around a few times, and knew Mark's face from his dorm at least, though he was awfully quiet. Sully was pretty sure he'd seen Mark hanging out with that angry Eric kid though, which he'd definitely have to ask him about later.
He was a bit disappointed when Ree didn't immediately want to race, flopping down on the grass next to her with a long draw out "Fiiiine. But if you're too scared to race it's cool, I get," He turned his head, grinning at Ree to soften the jab. He wanted to secure his place as one of the fastest kids in Gryffindor, if not in their year, and racing had to be the best way to settle that quickly. But if Ree wanted to catch her breath he could live with it, for now. It wouldn't be any fun if she wasn't ready.

Last edited:
Amy felt a little uncomfortable being the only one not from Gryffindor, but she pushed that feeling aside. She stuck her bag behind her head and laid back."Have you guys done any running since coming to school?" She hoped that she wasn't the only one. She had danced sometimes, but she knew that it was different. Hopefully she didn't get too far behind everyone.

Ree tapped her chin as she appraised the Lawn. "A lap around the perimeter of the Lawn, perhaps? We'd need a marker though."

She took a swig from her water bottle and wiped the excess moisture from her lips. She grinned and lightly kicked Sully's foot at his joke and laughed. Tilting her head up to look at the leaves, she tried to answer Amy's question.

"Well, I tried waking up early for a run in the mornings. But well, the bed's too comfy. I end up sleeping in more often than waking up on time!"

Feeling much better and having caught her breath, Ree stood up and brushed the grass from her pants and offered her hands to her friends to help them up.

"Enough chatter for now, I think. Up for a

Amy lifted herself off the ground."Let's go!" She was excited. This was a new experience for her and she was hoping to enjoy it. Hopefully it would improve her dancing and maybe she would finally get better at running.

Mark was still thinking if racing was a good idea and if he really wanted to do it. He was still standing and just listening to everyone speak. It was weird to be around more than one kid in not-a-classroom. It actually felt that he was more confident today, although he still didn't quite understand why he really said yes to racing off and just running around. He hadn't been doing any running for quite a while. Mark was looking at everyones face waiting for someone to explain the rules or tell everyone to get ready or just do something. It should have happened that way, shouldn't it?

Sully stretched out, letting Ree's kick rock him in the grass a little as he smirked at her. "Man, mornings suck, I could never wake up early enough for that," It was bad enough he had to wake up early if he didn't want to miss breakfast, especially on weekends. Next year he was going to bring a stash of snacks so he never had to. "Oh heck yes," He said when Ree finally decided it was go time, letting her help pull him to his feet. "Around the lawn right? Yeah we need a finish line," He said, casting around for something like a big stick that they could use. "Why do we say first one around the lawn to touch this tree wins?" He offered confidently, rapping the tree in question with his knuckles.

"Yeah sure. Anything goes, as long as you go through the perimeter. Cutting across isn't allowed. We need something to mark this tree with though."

Ree put a hand on her hip as she scanned the place around for something to distinguish their tree. Shrugging she settled her water bottle on the tree along with Amy's book.

"Okay, these would be our markers. Keep in mind, nobody damages the book, you guys hear me? Those deserve our utmost respect."

She pretended to stick her nose in the air before facing the others with a grin. "Come on, come on guys! ReadysetGO!"

Ree bolted around the lawn, laughing at the surprised faces of her friends.

Amy laughed and tore off after Ree."Come on guys!" She called back to the boys. She was still a bit behind Ree, but thought that it would be good to go easy for a bit while she got her breathing even and her feet under her. She grinned feeling the wind blow through her hair. She began to speed up and soon caught Ree. She smiled and ran beside her. This was a good pace, so are stayed running with Ree.

Ree grinned at Amy when she caught up. Remembering that it was a race, she headed for the woodsy part, where there were roots peeking out of the ground. She changed from running on the ground to running and jumping from root to root, pushing on trees to help her go faster. She went faster and faster, enjoying the wind on her face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back