Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Flavio) (Pansexual
Wand
Knotted 12 Inch Swishy Ivy Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Kauri had begun his new job late enough in the winter holidays that he hadn't really had a chance to get to know any of his co-workers especially well yet. Georgiana and Archie were nice, and he remembered Eleanor as one of the older prefects he had looked up to. The person he was closest to in age, however, was the other person who had started work at the same time as him. He hadn't really known Rama before now, other than very vaguely by reputation, just enough to be a little worried about working with her. Kauri had approached her the same way he always approached people he was nervous about, with cheer and positivity, and so far it seemed to be working.

Kauri couldn't say, however, that he was sure he knew why she had asked to meet him in an abandoned classroom. Kauri always tried to think the best of people, so he hoped it was just for a friendly getting to know one another. Maybe she had the same thoughts he did about wanting to be friends with the people they worked with. Choosing to be optimistic about making a new friend, Kauri kept a smile on his face as he made his way into the abandoned classroom.

Rama Mowry did not really understand why she reached out the Kauri Tipene so out of the blue, just like she did not understand why she had suddenly gone to the counseling office. The fact that her father was working at Hogwarts New Zealand now had thrown her off more than one would expect. She had come from class, so she was already in the Abandoned Classroom when Kauri arrived. Sje twiddled with her fingers, not really knowing what to say the the younger boy. She was practically an adult now, so she felt a bit awkward about calling him here so suddenly. "Hey, Kauri. How are you?" she asked as she looked up to make eye contact with the boy.

Kauri smiled when he saw Rama, wanting to make a good impression on his new colleague. "Hey, Rama! I'm good!" He said happily, making his way over to her. Whatever he had heard about the older girl, she seemed nice to Kauri, and he hoped to make a new friend through this. "What did you want to talk about?" He asked, leaning against a desk as he spoke.

Rama rolled her eyes at Kauri. His energy was toxic to her. It almost made her smile. However, she held it back because she had a reputation to keep up. She wasn't going to let a fifth year ruin her rep. "You take 5th year Potions with my dad, right? How is he?" she asked curiously. She and her father had a brief encounter after the first feast, so she was wondering how he was doing as a teacher. He had heard some students didn't like him, but she doubted that Kauri would be one of them. "He didn't even tell me that he applied to the position." she added quietly.

OOCOut of Character:
I so thought I responded to this!

OOCOut of Character:
No worries! :)

People rolling their eyes at him was an experience Kauri was getting more and more accustomed to recently, and he wasn't altogether surprised at the gesture coming from Rama. He was a little surprised that she had come to ask about Potions... Kauri had noticed the familiar surname on their new teacher, but hadn't thought it was any of his business to ask whether he and Rama were related. It was nice to have the mystery answered though, and he nodded. "I do! He's nice, I like his lessons so far." Kauri smiled. It would be difficult for any teacher to follow on from Professor Pendleton's exuberant teaching style, but so far Kauri had been finding Professor Mowry's lessons enjoyable. He was a little surprised at her second admission, and gave Rama a bright smile. "Oh wow, that must've been such a cool surprise! Was it awesome getting here and seeing him?" Kauri missed his own parents deeply while he was at Hogwarts, and would be delighted if either of them showed up one day. Not that that was possible, of course, with both of them being muggles, but he could dream.

Rama was beginning to regret bringing Kauri here because she just did not know how to handle his exuberant style. He was so energetic that it made Rama nauseous. But then again she had to realize that not everyone was low energy like her. She did not even get excited for Quidditch, even though she was a fan. The only thing that really excited her was books and the potential of learning something that she was interested in. She found herself kind of relieved when Kauri said that her father was enjoyable. Although she did not want him here, she knew that he struggled immensely with his lycanthropy, which made him miserable in a way. "It was the exact opposite actually. My father and I don't really get along." she admitted. She felt like she had made it quite obvious to her peers that her home life was not exactly pretty. It had started as soon as she began school. That was went it had all started to go downhill. "How do you have so much energy all the time? It's annoying." she complained quietly. However, Rama would never admit that she sort of admired that part of Kauri. That he was a good person who aimed to make people feel better. Rama could think of a few people that she wanted make feel that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back