Gryffindor HoH | Mother of 3

OOC First Name
Cyndi
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Wand
Knotted 15 Inch Flexible Oak Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
Hi there!!

A little over four years ago, our current quidditch system came into existence. With that change came a quidditch cp, a revamp of the rules, and a promise of further expansions if quidditch succeeded. Since that time, there have been upgrades to the quidditch system - the addition of non-HNZ student teams, the ability for practices to count towards success rates, etc. - and today, we've got another, bigger upgrade to announce. :o

I alluded to it earlier this year, and now that we're heading into a new quidditch season, we feel it's a good time to announce it - a Beater upgrade! :party:

We heard you all, and, in fact, had had some similar conversations internally which was why the upgrade was already in progress when those suggestions started rolling in. This upgrade will allow Beaters to specifically aim at targets, though their success at hitting who they target may not be successful based on the target's skill level and because we all know how fickle those bludgers can be, amirite? :tut: :p ! Additionally, getting hit by a bludger will now impact your character's success rate as they continue to play.

Another, smaller piece to this upgrade is that captains will now have the ability to call time outs via the quidditch control panel.

And a few fun things to discover. :r :cyndi:

With this upgrade, we've also decided to update [member]our quidditch rules [member] to reflect changes as well as to reflect some important RPer notes. We've added reminders about netiquette and playing as your characters. Captains should be sure to read the rules through thoroughly as should anyone involved in quidditch.

I'd like to extend a huge thank you to Nick :hug: for all of the time spent working on the upgrade and somehow understanding the suggestions I ramble on about and making sense of them enough to do something with them. :p

We hope you'll enjoy these new additions and that they will help continue to keep quidditch fun and moving along at a nice pace. We'd love to hear your thoughts and would like to remind you to keep your comments constructive. ;)

Don't forget to help support future updates by being active with quidditch. Nearly all teams have their tryouts open, including Beauxbatons. Join, join, join and see the upgrade in action for yourself! :frantics:

Happy Holidays! :santa:

Cyndi
(on behalf of the admin)

This all sounds very exciting! I can't wait to try it out :D Thanks for the update and working on the quidditch system to make it even better

I love this ;D Its going to be very interesting to see this in action. Thank you!

Sounds amazing! I hope I can play my first game this year and try it out.

This definitely sounds interesting! Can't wait to see all the fun stuff in action xD Thanks for all the hard work put into the upgrade :wub:

Yay!!!!! What a great Christmas present!! :woot: Thanks for your hard work team :wub:

Archived

This topic can no longer be considered 'news' but should rather be called 'olds'. It has thusly been archived.
If you have any questions or concerns involving this [former] news, please contact an administrator and keep looking for newer 'news' in the News and Updates forum.

Thank you,
~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back