Teigs
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
In an Open Relationship
Wand
Straight 12 1/2 Inch Rigid Cherry Wand with Vampire Blood Core
*Please feel free to join!

Rowan had always loved Halloween, even though things with her Dad had happened during this time a year ago, she couldn't let go of the child-like wonder she had whenever she looked at anything Halloween. Coming from a Pureblood family and raised in the muggle world, Rowan's experience with Halloween was a little warped than most. Though some aspects of it were traditional for her, she had to admit that the Muggles sure knew how to party. "Are we avoiding Zennon tonight if we see him?" She asked, arm looped through her sisters.

Elsie was a bit anxious in a room so full of people, but she had Rowan with her so she wasn't as preoccupied with it. She hadn't had to worry about people approaching her at random for a while, since Rowan now seemed to have come over to her side and was avoiding Zennon as she was, though she was pretty sure it was more out of twinly obligation than any sense of Zennon lying. "Yes, I don't want to see him. I would be surprised if he actually comes!"

Initially Agnes hadn’t planned to come to the Halloween feast at all. She had enough to do and it wasn’t as though she actually wanted to hang out with anyone. That being said, she’d found her costume from last year in the bottom of her wardrobe a few days ago, and after trying it on for size, had decided it could be given another whirl. After putting on the tight fitted flash suit, complete with mask, she’d wandered up to the Great Hall, hoping that if nothing else, maybe she’d find some more interesting food. As she came through the door, she looked ahead to see two girls linked arms, although she only recognised one. The girl from the kitchens. “Hey,” she said, moving up beside the Ravenclaw with a brief glance towards the other girl, but still not realising who she was. “Hey maybe you’ll get some pie today huh,” she raised her eyebrows. It would have been boring if the events served the same food so perhaps they would have good alternatives here. “Nice.. costume..” she added, looking the girl up and down and trying to figure out what she was.

Rowan shook her head at her sister, she didn't really understand why they were avoiding Zennon, though Elsie had tried to explain and it hadn't really gone down the way she thought her sister might have planned. Rowan had known that Zennon had been lying to her for years, but she knew he needed his space and had been happy to give it to him. She was a little annoyed he'd tried to speak to Elsie without her and she still didn't know why he had lied or what about, but Elsie had made her promise to keep away from him, and despite herself, she always kept her promises, even if I was hurting her brother like this. "I think you're being a bit hard on him, Sis, I'm sure he meant well." She tried, although she knew reason had left Elsie the moment Zennon had confessed. She turned her attention to another girl, younger and Slytherin who seemed to want to join them and smiled lightly at her. "Oh, hello!" She greeted, clueing on that she must have known Elsie. "I'm Rowan, Elsie's sister. Are you the Flash?" She asked, casting an appreciative eye over the outfit. She quite enjoyed comics when she ws younger though she had fallen out of love with them in recent years.

Elsie rolled her eyes and turned away from Rowan as they were approached by someone Elsie vaguely recognised behind the mask, the girl from the kitchens. She smiled and waved at her, she always felt more confident with her sister about. "Hello again!" She found it slightly funny that you could go years never knowing someone, meet them once and then see them everywhere. "That's a very... tight costume," she started, looking down at it and stepping back to see it properly. "Can you breathe in there?" She was sure she could, but Elsie couldn't imagine wearing something tight like that. She wasn't sure what the Flash was, though she had a vague idea, given what she was looking at. "You're right about the food though," she commented. "I hope they like variety, it gets boring otherwise."

Agnes gave half a smile to the second girl, glad there was someone else in the school who actually knew who it was. “Yes it is. And you must be a princess,” she replied, looking over Rowans costume too before back at Elsie’s. “Yours is pretty creative,” she stated. Her own costume was actually boring by all accounts considering she’d just bought it and not put in much thought. “To be honest I don’t think I’m going to be able to wear it next year, but I can just about breath tonight,” she smiled at the girls, hoping that as the night went on she didn’t find herself increasingly claustrophobic while wearing it. She nodded about the food, “guess there’s only one way to find out,” personally she was hoping for some moving cupcakes, maybe themed for the occasion too, and the third year moved past the twins and pushed on into the room, heading straight toward the snack table.

Rowan nodded at the younger girl. "Rapunzel at your service. Although..." she thought for a moment. "I could be any number of Princesses so I'm sure it'd really not that important, you know?" She asked, laughing slightly and moving away from Elsie. "I'm going to go over there and see if I can find something vegan, if I do, I'll let you know." She said, wanting to get to know this other girl, but also really hungry. "I'll check the other end of the table if you two want to check the middle? There's only drinks near the door." She said, pouting. Honestly sometimes she thought it would be better to have more than one table, or at least more variety. She waved at her sister and the other girl and headed to the other end of the table on her mission.

Elsie smiled at Agnes, straightening her vest with purpose. She wanted to look put together tonight, to combat how not put together she really was. She'd never been particularly confident in any of these sorts of things, but the compliment made her feel a lot better. She and Rowan picked at each other so much she sometimes forgot to compliment her sister and she was sure it was much the same for Rowan as well. "Thank you, I appreciate that," she said, nodding at Rowan as she made an exit to look for food. It was hard having dietary requirements in this school, she certainly didn't know any other vegans, even amongst her family! "Breathing is the most important thing," She cast another glance over the outfit and reached out curiously to feel the material along her arm. "Is this... lycra, what is this?" It looked amazing anyway and she wasn't sure she actually cared what material it was. "Heck, wait up, I need to bring my pumpkin!" She called after her, turning to drag her pumpkin with her. She refused to lug it around any other way, since this did manage to keep people away from her and she could use it as a seat too.

Agnes thought it was like some poorly made lycra but she wasn’t sure. She waved off Rowan as she headed towards something else, and was surprised when Elsie began to follow her, dragging along a massive pumpkin around with her too. At least with her costume she didn’t have to carry anything. It would be so hard to dance with. Once she made it to the snack table, the Slytherin was scanning it for something interesting “Hey Elsie, it’s you!” She called out to the girl who was catching up with her, reaching across to pick up a small orange cake before turning round to face her new friend scrunching up her nose in delight. In her hand was a small beautifully iced orange pumpkin cake. “Obviously you’re a little more fluffy,” she noted, stroking her jacket gently, “but maybe this is fluffy on the inside,” offering the cake to Elsie, Agnes still hadn’t found what she was looking for but this was enough for now. Agnes wasn’t usually one to joke, but she found that when she was around the Ravenclaw she was just a little bit more carefree. The third year wasn’t the most confident when it came to making friends, so she paused for a moment to try and gauge the girls reaction. Why did she have to make a friend that wasn’t in her year group? It would have been cool to have Elsie in her classes too.

Elsie quickly caught up with Agnes and snorted, looking down at the cake she held. "Is that vegan do you think? Probably not," she said, grinning as Agnes played with her jacket. She took the offered cake and looked at it sceptically. "I'm really not convinced this is vegan, I mean... maybe though?" She said, sniffing it. Not that that was going to tell her anything. She really wondered if maybe they should protest the lack of vegan options in the food, since she usually found it quite difficult to eat anything these days, and she couldn't very well ask the elves every time she was looking at food, she'd mostly just been sticking to things like salad, that she could be pretty positive were vegan. "I feel like a pie that's fluffy in the inside is a bit... you know, strange, so I hope it's not!"

Agnes hadn’t even considered whether it was vegan or not, she didn’t know anyone else who needed food to be. “Er, I don’t know,” she peered at the cake, not really sure what the tell tale signs were either. Pie would have been strange to be fluffy, but cake should have been okay. “You don’t want it then?” She said, before taking it back, peeling off the wrapper and taking a bite herself before Elsie could retract her statement. She would let the Ravenclaw choose for herself if she had specific requirements, and waited to see what she’d do. “Why are you vegan anyway?” She asked, that sound quite a hard thing to do.

Elsie had been about to say, oh no, I’ll give it a try, when the cake was unceremoniously essentially snatched away, leaving her looking at Agnes in shock. She blinked at the Slytherin and laughed, shaking her head. “Okay, fair enough I was too slow!” She headed past the girl, dragging her pumpkin behind her, trying not to knock into anyone’s ankles or kicking their legs out from under them, the pumpkin wasn’t heavy, it wasn’t a real pumpkin after all, but she definitely knew it was there. She looked over the selections of food and wrinkled her nose before finding some Halloween themed Oreo cookies. She hoped they were just as vegan here as they were at home. “Oh! Well that’s an interesting story actually,” she said, turning to look at Agnes over her shoulder. She smiled conspiratorially, “only my sister and I are vegan, we were at a farm once, a dairy farm and we fell in love with one of the baby cows there. We called her Luna and she was so lovely!” Elsie smiled in memory of Luna. “When we went back the next year, she wasn’t there anymore and we asked about her... she’d been sent to another farm to be used as beef and Rowan and I got really angry! We tracked her down and convinced our parents to buy her. She died about two years ago now, but we decided when we got her that we wouldn’t eat meat, so we were vegetarian for a while, then we just kept going and became vegan as well.” She said, smiling at her new friend. “You’re not, I assume?”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back