Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Looking)
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Wand
Knotted 14 Inch Swishy Acacia Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Open after Kadi posts with Nikko

Emma had wanted to send roses this year, but she was also delivering them. She had realized that if she sent a ton of roses, she probably had to deliver more too. That sounded like a lot of work, and while she was looking forward to the deliveries, she did hope it wasn't going to take all day. Besides, she wanted to do something more special for her siblings. Lars especially had been sad ever since his boyfriend had broken up with him. Emma had been tempted to have a word with the Hufflepuff boy, but Fleur and Iris had talked her out of it. Instead, she was now hoping to cheer Lars up with an awesome Valentine's day card, and she figured that the most awesome card would have the most glitters on it. So today, Emma had stalled out all her art supplies at the Gryffindor table, taking up a bit more space than was perhaps polite. But she needed the whole rainbow of glitter colors, as Lars obviously deserved a glittery rainbow heart on his card. She was buys working on it, tongue sticking out of her mouth as she applied glitter to the card in a rainbow pattern. It was not as easy as it looked, but she was enjoying the result. Emma was so into her work that she didn't notice she was bumping her elbow against one of the glitter containers until it fell, spreading glitter over the table and over the plate of the person sitting next to her. Emma gasped. "Oops!"

It was almost Valentines Day and Nikko still wasn’t sure how he felt about being back at school. He had been so hesitant about coming to school in the first place that he didn’t really notice when he actually started to settle in. Going home for the holidays felt weird, and it wasn’t like dad wanted to know anything about what he was doing at school. Thankfully mom had tried her best to listen. With a heavy sigh he sat down at one of the only empty seats at the Gryffindor table, next to a red headed girl who he vaguely recognized as being a second year. It looked like she was making a few cards and he eyed her step up on the table as he grabbed some lunch. All anyone at school seemed to be talking about these days was Valentine’s day, with the dance and roses and stuff all coming up. He was still thinking about maybe helping with the rose deliveries but he wasn’t really sure if it was something he really wanted to do. Nikko was busy thinking about roses and hardly noticed the container of glitter edging closer and closer to his plate, until it was suddenly all over it. “Oh!” he exclaimed in surprise, looking at his ruined meal. “So much for that.” he said sadly. “What are you even doing?” he asked the girl, his tone sounding more upset then he wanted it to.

Emma noticed the glitter had gone all over the boy's food, and gave him a sheepish grin. "Oops, sorry." She said, shrugging a bit. "At least it looks cheerful, right?" She added, nudging him slightly in the hopes that he'd be willing to crack a smile about it. But he sounded pretty upset when he asked her what she was doing, so maybe not. She picked up the card she had been working on, inadvertently scattering more glitter as she picked up the paper to show it to him. "It's a Valentine's card! It's for my brother." She said with a grin. "I'm going to make a bunch more, like, for my sisters too." She told him. "And they obviously wouldn't be complete without totally awesome glitter, right?"

Nikko pursed his lips when she mentioned his food looking cheerful. “I don’t... think that’s how that works.” he said slowly as he pushed his plate away and glanced around for an extra one. He had skipped breakfast since he had an early lesson, and now he was really hungry. “Oh that’s cool.” he said tentatively as he watched the extra glitter fall to the table. How had he managed to pick the worse place to sit? Maybe that's why it was empty in the first place. “Wow, you have a lot of siblings. Are they all here?” he blurted out and glanced around the hall to see if he could spot any other red heads as she listed all the people she was making cards for. "I guess, it does make it...shiny." he said with a shrug, and looked back to his ruined lunch.

Emma shrugged. "There's other food." She told him, not sure why he was worried. There was always plenty at Hogwarts, so a little glitter didn't really matter. She shrugged when he said she had a lot of siblings. "I have three, an older sister, an older brother and my little sister." She paused with a slight grin. "Well, she's my twin." She admitted. "But she is younger." She added smugly. She nodded enthusiastically as he said it looked shiny, which was exactly the goal. But then he looked at his food again, making Emma sigh. "Okay, look. Here." She put some colored cardboard in front of him. "You can use my things to make a card too." She told him. "To make up for the food!"

Nikko shrugged when she mentioned there was other food. It was true, there always seemed to be something to eat but he was still annoyed even though he was trying to not let it bother him. “You have a twin?” he asked curiously. He had cousins that were twins, but they weren’t identical. He always thought it would be interesting to have a twin or any kind of sibling really, but he doubted he would get a little brother or sister at this point. “Are you both in the same house?” he asked, grinning a little as she argued that she was the older one. He had witnessed his cousins have similar arguments all the time growing up. “Uh, ok. Thanks.” he mumbled when she offered to let him make a card but he sat there staring blankly trying to think of someone to make a card for.

Emma nodded when the boy asked about her twin, then twisted in her seat to get a good look at the Ravenclaw table. "Yeah, Iris. She's sitting over there." She said, pointing her out. "HEY, IRIS!" She called, waving, grinning as her sister waved back. She then turned to the boy with a smile. "No. She's in Ravenclaw." She pointed out, which was now kind of a moot point. Emma put a few more things in front of him, then nudged him. "Don't think too much, just do what your heart tells you."

Nikko jumped a little as the girl shouted across the hall. He wasn’t expecting her to do that but he smiled faintly when her twin turned to wave at them. He could see the resemblance with the red hair but he could definitely tell them apart. But a second later he realized he now knew her twin’s name but not hers. “So what’s your name?” he asked, before taking a deep breath and starting on a card. First he folded the paper in half to make a card and then grabbed one of the markers to draw some hearts and flowers. The only person he could think of to make a card for was Evan, and while he wasn’t a particularly good artist and they weren’t super close, he still figured she would like it.

Emma turned back to the boy, who now asked her name. As far as she was concerned, that had to mean he had forgiven her for ruining his food. Maybe he even wanted to be friends! "I'm Emma! What's your name?" She asked, as she didn't know him either. She grinned as she saw him start to work on a card, nodding encouragingly. "That looks awesome! Don't forget the glitter!" She pushed some of it in his direction encouragingly, her own card almost forgotten. "Who is it for?"

Nikko nodded as Emma introduced herself, his focus now centering on the card in front of him. “My name is Nikko.” he said. “Yeah, can’t forget that.” he said dryly with a small laugh and eyed the glitter warily. He was trying to make the card look just right, or at least something he wouldn’t be embarrassed by. “Uhh, for my friend Evan.” he said with a shrug, hoping she wouldn’t ask too many questions. “Where are you from? You have an accent and I don’t recognize it.” he asked to change the subject, and reached for the red glitter.

Emma smiled as the boy introduced himself as Nikko, hoping she would remember the name. Emma was glad he seemed to understand how essential glitter was. She grinned in excitement as he named the friend he was making it for. "Oh! I know Evan! She's sooo adorable." She said brightly. "Is she your girlfriend?" She added teasingly, mostly to see his reaction. His question made her shrug. "I'm from the Netherlands. Are you from around here?" Emma wasn't very good at recognizing accents, and she knew that students at Hogwarts came from all over the world.

Nikko was surprised that Emma knew Evan and he nearly spilled glitter all over his hard work when she asked if Evan was his girlfriend. “What?! No!” he sputtered. “She’s just my friend.” he insisted. There just wasn’t anyone else he felt he would make a card for. It wasn’t like he was particularity close to his roommates or something. Glad for the distraction he answered her other question quickly. “Kind of. Or at least closer than you.” he said. “I’m from Australia.” he explained.

Emma giggled as the boy protested. She nodded. "I guessed, I was just teasing you." She said brightly. "We're too young for all that." She said firmly, though she knew she would say yes if Sully asked her to be his girlfriend. She may have daydreamed about that a few times, even if she wasn't going to admit that to anyone. She was definitely planning to make him a valentine's card too. She laughed as he said he was from closer than she was. "Well, it's hard to be from further away unless you're from the moon." She said brightly. "But that's cool! Is it true you have huge snakes there?"

Nikko nodded in agreement. They were to young for that. He wouldn't even know what to do with a girlfriend. He shook his head and considered Emma's other question. "I guess so. I haven't seen many but one time my uncle caught a really big one in a bucket to show us." he shrugged. He wasn't sure how to respond to her moon comment. Nikko knew the Netherlands was in Europe but he wasn't entirely sure he could point it out on a map. Not that he would admit that though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back