Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Kameron
Wand
Knotted 10 Inch Flexible Cedar Wand with Chimera Scale Fragment Core
Set to March 2036
King's College London, Maughan Library
Avarian was deep into his research for his next exhibit. He had a project on wildlife photography focusing on the parent-child bond. This was supposed to be an easy one for the man but this particularly struck a chord in his heart. He missed his daughter, Avaria. Because of his career, he was forced to travel for lengths of time. This went on until it became a strain to their marriage. Helene divorced him although he was granted visitation to the child. However, the last time he saw her was when Ava was almost two. The thought of his family, especially his daughter, brought tears to his eyes. With tired hands, he rubbed his weary face as he stood to gather his things. His vision became blurry and the next thing he knew, he toppled over crashing into the floor.

Kami was busy ignoring her brother as they walked through the library. "Kami, come on, it will be fun." Killian whined.

"No, Killi, I'm one year away from completing my nursing degree and I'm not going to purposely waste my time looking for a man at one of your parties. It's pointless. I don't need to have someone in my life to be happy." She chided her twin, again.

Killian groaned and rolled his head back. "Kami, all you do is study. One night out won't kill you. Come on, please? For me?"

She shook her head. "You already got your 'for me' favor this week. I have studying to do for my end of year finals, I only have three months. Now if you'll excuse me-" She started to dismiss her brother when a loud crash got their attention. The twins didnt even look at each other before bolting away to investigate.

Kami ran full speed to the man on the ground, dropping to her knees and sliding in next to him. She examined him quickly, and the diagnosis was quick and simple. "Overworked, exhaustion, slight dehydration. Killian, the apartment isnt far, help me get him back." She instructed her brother, looking around and gathering the mans belongings.

Ian's vision shifted in and out of focus. He felt his body shifted and heard voices. The last thing he saw was a gentle, worried face looking down at him. Exhaustion has really won him over, letting himself give in.
Ian stirred to consciousness and the first thing he noticed was the soft bedsheets. He bolted upright and took in his surroundings. He was sure that he was not in his room for the things he saw belonged to a woman. He saw his things at a nearby chair though.

Kami and Killian had managed to get the man back to their apartment. Not that Killian was here much, spending his days- and nights, with his girlfriend Vanessa. "Killian, it's fine," She reassured him as she took the tea tray in her arms. "There is a reason I've been studying to be a nurse. He won't hurt me, so stop fretting." She ignored him as he grumbled at her, making her way to the bedroom and pushing the door open with her hip. "Oh, good, you're awake." She smiled shyly at him. "I was starting to worry it was more serious than I'd thought." She set the tray down on the nightstand and poured water from the kettle into the cup before stirring it. "Here, drink this. It's herbal, a special blend to try and get you some of the nutrients you need." She sat the cup on the table next to him before pulling up a chair, ignoring her brother sulking in the doorway. "You gave us quite the shock, toppling like that. Now that you've gotten a bit of rest, a few cups of this should help you get back on your feet. If you actually rest and don't overwork yourself again." She chided gently.

Ian was about to move out of the bed when nausea hit him. Leaning against the headboard, he momentarily closed his eyes when he heard the door creaked open. Opening one eye, he was met with a woman who seemed to be years younger than him, balancing a tray. A man followed her but stopped at the doorway sulking. He brought his attention back to the woman when she spoke to her. At the offer of the tea, he smiled a bit more rested than before. "Thank you. You shouldn't have bothered.", all the same taking a sip of the tea which he found delicious. It seemed he had found a new favorite, substitute to his black coffee. "Thank you for the help. I really appreciate it.", he glanced back to the man. "Thanks to you both." He kept sipping his cup until he finished it. "I am Avarian.", he held out his hand to the woman.

Kami ignored her brother in the doorway. "Oh, don't mention it." She gave him a warm smile. "We couldn't just leave you on the library floor, you didn't fit in with their decorations" She teased him gently. "It really hasn't been any trouble." She ignored the scoff from her brother in the doorway. "Kameron Taylor. The grouch is my brother Killian." She stood, moving to the bed and checking over him. "It doesn't look like there was any damage from the fall," She murmured, picking up his hand and checking his heart rate. "You seem to be doing better now, the sleep helped. You've been out since yesterday afternoon, and it's just after eleven." She stood. "Would you like some lunch? I can whip up something really quick."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back