OOC First Name
Kris
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Bisexual
The garage was hot, even with the door open. Frankie had managed to rig it open with bungie chords when the stupid mechanism broke a last year and no amount of poking at it with his wand would fix it. He sighed, surveying the carnage that was the engine of the bike he was fixing up. Every time he thought he had the magic part sorted out, something mechanic failed. And by the time he sorted that out, the enchantment had gone haywire and Frankie was ready to just toss the whole thing.

Frankie had gotten the hunk of junk bike for dirt cheap a few years ago and had been slowly but surely putting it together whenever he had spare time. His mother definitely didn't approve of it, but as long as it kept him out of trouble and he didn't bring engine grease into the house she generally looked the other way. Frankie wished he didn't try her patience so much sometimes, but it seemed these days it was just in his nature. Today had been a slog and Frankie felt like he was getting no where. Frustrated, he dragged a hand through his hair, grimacing at the feeling of grease sticking his hair up at odd angles before dropping his wrench with a clatter, muttering out a string of curses in Portuguese. His mother hated when he swore in the house, but would usually let it slide more if it wasn't in English. The clatter of the wrench echoed down the street but Frankie paid it no mind, dropping moodily onto a nearby box and staring, eyebrows furrowed at his stupid, cheap bike.

Sapphire was bored out of her mind. The boys were driving her crazy so she had taken off. She had one headphone in, scrolling through her playlist, when she heard a loud clatter. Popping her gum, she selected a song at random and wondered towards the door where she heard the noise. Her ipod stashed safely into her hood pocket, she leaned against the garage door as she poked her head in. "Interesting hairstyle." She remarked, popping her gum as her eyes fell to the bike. "Stuck?"

Frankie looked up when Sapphire appeared, somewhat uselessly trying to flatten down his hair as he stood up. "Fancy seeing you here," He said quietly. He'd half forgotten school would be done with for a few weeks now which meant Sapphire was back around the neighborhood again. It was hard to figure out if he was disappointed or pleased to see her these days. Having her so close was convenient at times, but it also made Frankie nervous. He didn't like how used he got to being able to see her whenever over the last holiday break only to have her gone for months at a time again. He'd even resorted to writing her letters then, which concerned him. Nothing good ever came from caring that much where someone was, whether you were friends or.. something else.

At Sapphire's mention of being stuck though, Frankie was knocked out of his musing about her being back and back to being mad at the bike. "Don't get me started," He grumbled, knocking the wrench he'd dropped earlier away with the toe of his shoe. "Every time I think I've figured out what the problem is some enchantment breaks something or wears off and I have to start over again," Frankie griped, sticking his hand back in his hair and grimacing at how gross it felt. Now that he was finally old enough to practice magic freely, Frankie had thought he'd enjoy the heck out of this project, but between his somewhat mediocre skills and a wand that liked to cause trouble, Frankie was starting to suspect he was making more problems than progress these days.

Sapphire gave Frankie an impish grin as he noticed her there. "Hey," She greeted calmly, eyeing his hair. That would be a pain to get out later. She ignored that she was actually glad to see him. She had missed him while she was gone, and it had surprised her. She popped her gum, eyeing the bike as he complained. "You've just been staring at it too long," She told him, pulling her raven hair back up into a ponytail and sauntering over herself. She dropped down, balancing on the balls of her feet as she examined it. "See, here," She stole the wrench from him, and after a few moments of tinkering, she stood, tossing him the wrench and kicking his bike on. She grinned impishly as it roared to life, shutting it off again before plopping in his lap. "Told you." She grimaced at his hair and started picking out the bigger blobs of grease. "Ew,"

Frankie let out an annoyed huff when Sapphire implied he'd just been looking at the problem too long. He knew that, but it wasn't going to fix itself. He watched impassively as she dropped down to inspect the bike, watching her black trail along her back, barely reacting in time when she finished whatever tinkering she was doing to catch the wrench she lobbed over. "Bravo, they teach shop as well as magic over at that school of yours?" He asked dryly, trying not to feel too put out over her being able to fix it so quick. It would figure that Sapphire was smarter than him, he knew that much, but he just felt like he couldn't do anything right right now. The bike was supposed to be his escape and he was just messing it all up as usual.

Still, now that the bike wasn't weighing on him anymore, Frankie supposed that he could enjoy the newer distraction that Sapphire posed, wrapping an arm around her waist as she settled on his lap and looking up at her curiously. Until she started picking at his hair, which was probably in a frightful state now. "Ugh, ow, stop, stop," He hissed, craning his head away from her hands and laughing at the grimace on her face. "It's a lost cause, maybe I should shave it off." He sighed, trying and failing to blow some out of his eyes and he looked back at Sapphire.

Sapphire smiled. "Nah, but my uncle has a bike. Onyx is hopeless at helping to fix it but I picked it up pretty quick." She tried to ignore the little thrill that went through her when he wrapped an arm around her waist. It was always nice to see Frankie, even though the thought that she looked forward to their little encounters disturbed her. Her eyes widened as he said he should shave his hair off. She pouted a bit, laying her arm over his shoulders. "Aw, I like your hair," She pouted, trying to at least brush it back. She sighed, giving it up as a lost cause, and turned her pout back to Frankie. "I'm bored," She told him. "Let's do things," She wasn't sure yet what things she wanted to do, and she quickly squashed the little voice that told her she would be fine with whatever they did as long as he was with her to do them. "Honestly, no one at school is even remotely interesting. It's a shame you don't go there, I could use the company." She complained idly.

Frankie felt a little better at the revelation that Sapphire had probably done this before. He'd mostly been fumbling around in the dark with what he could find in some instruction books, his mum adamant she couldn't tell a wrench from her elbow, but he had been priding himself on doing an okay job until Sapphire had shown him up a bit.

He clicked his tongue as Sapphire slumped along his shoulders, laughing softly at her comment about his hair. "Guess I'll keep it around, since you like it," He said, shutting his eyes briefly as Sapphire's hand brushed across his face to brush some of it away. "Well, can't have you being bored then," He said, standing up abruptly, keeping his arm wrapped around Sapphire to drag her up with her. "Where do you wanna go, we're young and stupid and have a freshly fixed motorcycle that might fall apart at any second," He said, dropping her to the ground and grabbing her hand instead. He had no idea if the bike would make it much further than down the street, but the house was starting to feel suffocating again and something about suddenly having Sapphire back in his space again with so little warning was making him itch to move or do something. "The problem there, Princess, is you're expecting anyone boring enough to go to school to be interesting," He said cheekily, dropping onto the bike's seat and gently tugging her hand to try and reel her closer.

Sapphire grinned as he agreed to keep his hair. "Good! Can't have the royalty displeased you know," She teased softly, playing with some non-greasy hair at the nape of his neck. She laughed as he pulled her to her feet, grinning at his words. "Well, what's the fun in having a plan?" She asked, following his lead and sitting on the bike behind him. She pouted, wrapping her arms around his waist. "Careful, Frankie boy," She murmured in his ear, "I might worry you don't think I'm interesting," She teased with a coy grin, laying her head against his back. She had no idea if they would actually make it anywhere, but in the moment she felt certain they would at least enjoy the ride.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back