OOC First Name
Dan
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Curved 13 Inch Unyielding Vine Wand with Augurey Tail Feather Core
Lucas had been looking forward to his first Yule ball ever since James had told him all about the event a few years back. His suit had been hung up next to his bed ever since the buzz around the Halloween feast died down and the countdown to Christmas had truly begun. The night of the ball seemed to arrive so quickly, before he knew it the semester had ended, exams were over and the prospect of Christmas at home was just over the horizon. Lucas stood in front of the mirror on the first year dorm making sure his suit was clean and pressed and that his tie was perfect. Finally sastisfied that he looked amazing Lucas made his way downstairs.

The first year Gryffindor considered himself the luckiest boy in first year because of his Yule ball date. He was going with Evelyn, true they were going as friends but at their age their wasn't much option of anything else. He had still been nervous when asking her, he hadn't liked it, he didn't get nervous. Lucas waited at the bottom of the stairs where the dorms met the common room. He waited with baited breath to see how Evelyn would look in her dress.

Finally the day of the Yule Ball was there. Evelyn was so looking forward to this, because here she could shine in her dress. But the picking of a dress was a nightmare, she begged Zara and Lizzie to speak out their opinion about which they liked the most. After a long day of fitting and a bit of a bad mood from Evelyn she found the dress that she was gonna wear tonight. She was satisfied with how she looked and that was a good sign, because she spend the whole day on her looks until it was perfect for her. The dress that she choose was a long black dress with a split on the side so that her long leg was about to see. She just got this dress new, it was from one of her favorite designers. And some black high heels she had put on for the final touch. The blonde knew how to walk on heels because she already tried that on young age. She almost walked the whole day on those toy high heels for princesses.

Evelyn was a happy girl because on her very first Yule Ball she was asked by Lucas Woodlock. They would go as friends, because they were too young for anything else. But Evelyn really liked Lucas and he was one of the most handsome students in first year. Evelyn thought of it as a good match together and especially on pictures. When she was ready and it was time to go to the ball she made her way downstairs to the common room. As comfortable as she was she walked from the stairs and saw Lucas standing at the bottom of the stairs. The blonde smiled at him when she almost was right in front of him. He was dressed in a nice suit and it suited him well. '' So how do I look?''
Evelyn smiled and was curious what her partner would say.

Lucas could easily have spent the rest of the night standing in the same spot staring at his date. She was stunning and her dress was mind blowing, but he knew that downstairs a dance was waiting for them. Evey you look, wow, you look beautiful, He smiled taking his place beside her, it almost pained him to take his eyes off her dress but he stood by her side and offered out his arm. "Shall we?" He asked. Lucas had been looking forward to the ball all year but now that he was going with Evelyn he was looking forward to it even more, he knew that he would be the envy of every first year boy at the dance, and maybe even a few second years too. He flashed a grin at Evelyn while he waited for her to take his arm, he had a feeling it was going to be a fun evening.

The reaction from Lucas was even more sweeter than she had imagined. He was also a person that liked to joke, so she wasn't sure if he would react serious - but he did.'' Thanks very sweet of you. You look handsome too.'' Evelyn knew that she had the looks so she didn't expect a negative reaction but it was always nice to see that a person could not take his/her eyes of her. When she stood right beside him she noticed a lovely smell. It was nice to stand right beside him, that feeling that she got when she was with him was a bit strange, Evelyn could not really place it. She liked Lucas a lot, but it was just a special friendship that grew more and more in short time. '' Yes! I can't wait, Everyone will turn their heads for us. When we walk in, I'm sure..'' She gave her partner a smile, because she was the happiest girl on earth today. She really felt like a princess and this was the beginning of her story. So she took the arm from Lucas and made sure that her dress was sitting right.

Lucas smiled as Evelyn told him that he looked handsome too, it wasn't something he needed to be told but it was nice to hear it all the same, especially from someone so beautiful. As she went onto talk about how everyone would react when they made their way into the great hall he smiled and nodded along with her. "Yes they will, all the girls will be looking at me, and all the boys at you, though I'm sure everyone will be mesmerized by you in that dress," He grinned taking her all in again. "We should get going if we want to make our entrance," He led her out of the common room and they made their way down to the great hall. There were still some students meeting up with their dates when they arrived. He led her up to the open doors and turned to her, "You ready to turn some heads?" He asked.

Evelyn and Lucas were a right match if it just went about their confidence, just as Evelyn guessed he reacted just as she thought he would. The blonde liked a confident boy as a friend, because she had nothing at someone that was insecure that would only bring her reputation down. Evelyn worked hard on a reputation in this school. You could see that in classes were she did her very best and also at social aspect, in making friends. Evelyn looked up and smiled at Lucas when he reacted on what she just said to him. He just said that all the girls will be looking at him, and Evelyn frowned for a second she didn't really knew why, but it was not a nice thought. Maybe she just wanted to keep her partner for herself, but when he said that all the boys would look at her she knew that, that was going to happen. The girls would also look at me and think: I wish I could be her Evelyn thought and a smile appeared on her face. Today she was more confident than ever before in her life. She caught herself on the thought she just had, but she was also honest to herself about what she wanted. Lucas was a perfect partner, he was very sweet and a real gentleman. She almost forgot that they were only eleven years old still. '' Yes let's go, We don't need to keep them waiting any longer.'' She walked while holding his arm out of the common room. When they stood in front of the door she took a deep breath, this moment had to be perfect. '' I'm ready - We are definitely ready.'' She said with full confidence. She hold her partners arm a little bit tighter before they entered the Great Hall.
'' I'm so excited, Thanks for asking me again. You are perfect!'' And she gave him a enthiosastic kiss on his cheek. It wasn't really something Evelyn did often only with her brother sometimes when he gave her something or her father also. When he hold the door Evelyn walked through it and waited for her partner to accompany her.

Lucas tightened his hold on Evelyn as they prepared to enter the hall. "Lets go blow some minds," He smiled and winked at her, a faint blush appeared on his cheeks when she kissed him. He didn't have time to react or even return the kiss because before he knew it they were walking into the great hall. He had to admit, there really was some turned heads, mostly from the younger students. It wasn't a surprise, they were easily one of the best looking couples at the ball. "See, people are looking," He said turning to Evelyn and smiling at her. He led her over to the drinks table but the music changed to a slow song and he had an idea. "We should dance first right?" He asked hopefully, he really wanted to dance with her before they got drinks or anything else.

The blonde was so enthiosastic that she just couldn't wait to enter the room. When she felt that Lucas hold her again after she entered the room she nodded at him. She saw that he got a bit blush on his cheeks after she gave him a kiss there. It was very cute too see from the tough Lucas. She swept her lipgloss away that was on his cheek and smiled afterwards. When she entered she couldn't stop smiling, the Great Hall was totally different from what she was used to. For the first time she loved a place in Hogwarts and was satisfied with what she saw. When Lucas told het that people were looking she followed his direction and indeed she saw a lot of first years that she recognized looking at them. But also some older students turned their head towards the two that entered. Evelyn put on her most charming smile when she felt that she got a lot of attention, this was just what she wanted. '' Yes they do - I knew it!'' Evelyn didn't knew much first years that went with a partner. Zara and Lizzie went alone she knew, but she was sure that they would stay together at this ball. They walked over to the drinks table, and Evelyn listened to the music that changed all of sudden. Just like the universe was saying something to them. Because Lucas directly asked if she wanted to dance first. Evelyn loved dancing and on this slow song it would be perfect. A opening dance to show others what they could do. The blonde hoped that Lucas could dance and wasn't a person that stood on her toes all the time. '' Yes, I'd love too! Great idea.'' She took Lucas his hand and dragged him enthusiastically with her to the dancefloor.

Lucas grinned broadly as he looked around, first at the students who were checking them out as they walked into the hall and second at the beautifully decorated hall. James had not undersold the spectacle of the Yule ball at all. "Honestly in that dress I don't know how any could not be staring at you," He said flashing her a grin. Lucas really was at a loss to describe just how beautiful she was in her dress of choice. Maybe in a few years when his vocabulary grew they could revisit the conversation and he could do her look justice. For now, he just wanted to get her out on the dance floor. "We can eat drink and be merry later, I want to show you off," He winked and took her hand pulling her out to the dance floor. Lucas was by no means a terrible dancer, but he wasn't sure what kind of standard Evelyn would be expected. He didn't want to let her down.

The blonde was enjoying her first Yule Ball. Still people were looking at them, some older girls looked a bit strange to her, but Evelyn just thought they were jealous of her dress. It was by far a brand new piece of her favorite designers. '' You almost make me blush! You are very sweet, thanks.'' she smiled at Lucas. For some reason Evelyn wanted to show everything what she could and wanted to look better than perfect for Lucas. She always loved to look nice, but when she knew that Lucas was going to be around she tried a bit harder. Waiting on Lucas while holding his hand she threw her long blonde hair to the back. He was such a charmer with his wink and Evelyn started to laugh. When they were arriving at the dance floor Evelyn placed her hand, in Lucas his hand and lifted their arms to the side and a bit higher. And she left the other hand on his shoulder. '' You can put your arm that is free on my waist, if you want.'' She smiled but she felt a bit nervousness, she only had danced with her father and that was just for fun. Now everybody could see every mistake, and Evelyn would never forgive herself for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back