Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Lesbian
Wand
Curly 11 1/2 Inch Flexible Ivy Wand with Fairy Wing Core
Amber was taking a break today. She could hardly remember the last time she hadn't done homework in the afternoon after classes, it kept her busy. As well as keeping up with her clubs and planning her outfits ahead for the rest of the week. She felt less and less at home in the Hufflepuff dormitory, but today was a nice day so she decided to spend the afternoon outside. She headed to courtyard with her new fashion magazine, smiling at a few students as she passed them. She found a bench in the sun and smiled to herself as she started to read. For just a little while, she hoped nobody would approach her. As much as she liked to spend time with her friends or make new ones, sometimes she needed some peace and quiet to take a break from everything. She was already feeling more relaxed after a few moments, barely even paying attention to what was in the magazine as she let her mind wander in no particular direction.

Marisol had decided to go outside to enjoy an unusually nice warm day after being bedridden for a couple of days. She still lacked color in her cheeks but she felt perfectly fine now and the sun on her face would do her good. As she walked out to the courtyard she intended to go sit on a bench and write out a letter to her parents, but before she could reach the bench she noticed someone who soured her mood immediately. Marisol had half a mind to ignore her, but being who she was, taking the high road wasn't really something she often did. Plus, it's not like Wyatt had told her not to say anything, so without being explicitly told not to, Marisol decided to go talk to Amber. She was in a somewhat good mood so she wasn't going to be outright nasty, but she was still going to have fun. "Amber! How very nice to see you," Marisol said falsely, walking over. The only good thing about her was the fact that she was no longer with Wyatt, which she had every intention to point out.

Amber felt frustrated as she noticed someone approach. All she wanted was a few minutes of peace and quiet. She looked up to see Marisol Woods, and her mood dropped further. She knew the girl didn't like her, and her sudden approach couldn't mean anything good. All it could mean was that the girl had heard about the breakup, and felt like her own opinion about the subject was needed. Amber wasn't sure if she was being unfair to the older girl, but she eyed her suspiciously as she closed her magazine. "Hello Marisol." She said coolly. "Was there something you needed?" Amber didn't see the point in pretending to be nice to this girl now that her relationship with Wyatt was over. Marisol wasn't important at all anymore, and she had been incredibly rude. Amber wouldn't easily forget how unwelcome the Gryffindor had made her feel.

Marisol could tell that Amber wasn't feeling too friendly by her stand-offish behavior before the Gryffindor had arrived, which was odd the girl had been annoyingly positive the first time they met. But seeing the effect of her presence actually sour her mood even more pleased Marisol so devilishly. "I just came to express my regrets about us not being able to go on a double date this year!" she said with mock exasperation as she took a seat beside the girl to further annoy her. "You know, since Wyatt dumped you and all," she added unnecessarily, salt in the wound. The last (only) time they'd talked, Amber had tried to make her uncomfortable by asking if she had a boyfriend, but Marisol hadn't cared about not having one at the time. Though now she was dating Noelle and Amber had no one so this made her want to rub it in the girl's face more.

Amber watched Marisol warily as the girl started to speak again, and it soon became clear to the Hufflepuff that she hadn't been unfair to the girl in her mind. Marisol was clearly pleased to hear Amber and Wyatt had broken up, and was being rather horrible about it too. Amber usually tried to hide her own unpleasant emotions behind a mask of kindness, even when she was angry, but since Marisol hardly bothered to hide her distain Amber didn't know why she should. "I suppose that's one bright side to the break up," she said with a cold smile. "Thank you Marisol, for reminding me of the things I could have had to endure if I had stayed with him longer. But I'm afraid you were misinformed, we broke up mutually. Which I'm sure he would have told you. But if you want to believe he dumped me, I don't mind. Whatever helps you feel better." She smiled at the girl, but it wasn't her nice smile. It wasn't even her fake-nice smile. She made no comment as Marisol came to sit next to her, even shifting to give her a little bit more room. "Don't worry about that double date, you can just have a regular date with him now, like you wanted. I'm sure he'll have noticed your jealousy by now. But if he still hasn't asked you out... he probably doesn't want to." Amber said, looking at her with a sympathetic expression. She had been sure Marisol had been jealous of her and Wyatt, which was silly in hindsight as hardly anything had happened between them. She had happy memories of her first boyfriend, but no sparks had flown between them. Marisol's behavior now made Amber certain she liked him, and though she understood why, she hoped Wyatt would end up with someone nicer than this girl.

Marisol scoffed a small laugh when Amber replied curtly and nearly thought it was such a shame the girl wouldn't be around anymore to enjoy the taunting back and forth, it was kind of fun and almost made Amber interesting. But she knew in the end it was far more enjoyable for the Hufflepuff not to be around at all. Marisol rolled her eyes when she said they broke up mutually and said, "Yeah, yeah whatever you need to tell yourself." Whether they broke up mutually or not didn't really matter to Marisol, all that mattered was that Wyatt had come to his senses and realized Amber was not a good match for him after all. Though if Amber said it was mutual she did wonder why someone would not want to date Wyatt, but that was not something she was willing to ask right now, especially given what Amber said next. Marisol laughed and shook her head at the younger girl. "Wyatt is my best friend," Marisol said as a response to her accusation. This hadn't been the first time she had been accused of wanting to date either of her best friends just because she didn't approve in their choice of girlfriends. "And wanting my best friend to date someone better isn't jealousy," she added defensively. "I don't want to date him, I have a girlfriend," Marisol said, her cheeks heating up a little, part anger and part blush at the casual admission that was still new to her. Really the only reason she said it was to shut Amber up about the idea of her wanting to date Wyatt, and also to prove to the girl that she actually was lovable by someone no matter how awful Amber might think she was.

Amber had to fight the urge to roll her eyes or scowl, as she wanted to appear as pleasant and relaxed as she could. She also had to fight the urge to simply get up and walk away. This was her spot right now, and if she wanted to sit here she should be allowed to. She opened her magazine again as if she planned to continue reading and ignore the older girl. She let out a tiny snort when the girl said it wasn't jealousy, but she faltered when she said she had a girlfriend. Her head snapped to Marisol with a wide-eyed look of surprise, but just as quickly her eyes darted away again as a flush spread over her cheeks. A girlfriend, really? That was unexpected. She had been convinced Marisol liked Wyatt, as her behavior to Amber had been so unwelcoming. And Marisol didn't seem like the type to date girls to her, though she really wasn't sure why. Did Amber know this girlfriend? She really didn't know many girls that would date other girls, just Ainsley. She swallowed and cleared her throat, visibly awkward now. When she talked, she didn't meet Marisol's gaze. "Oh." She said quickly. "I ... I see. Well. That's..." she trailed off, not sure what words to use. A frown appeared again on her face, and she turned to Marisol though the blush wasn't quite gone. "Wait, if you don't like Wyatt, why did you dislike me so much? What did I ever do to you?" She asked, trying not to linger on the girlfriend revelation too much. It had been easy to chalk it all up to jealousy, but apparently that wasn't the case. Now with November on her case too, Amber was starting to wonder what she was doing to make some girls dislike her. It wasn't healthy to worry so much about being liked by everyone, she knew, but she couldn't help it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back