OOC First Name
Annabelle
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Ash Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the Tail of a Male Unicorn
Amy was surrounded by a stack of books, reading happily. The library was nice and quiet, unlike the Great Hall where she normally read. Amy wasn't too used to noise, since she had been home schooled since she was seven, and had been the only child at home during the school year for two years. She sighed peacefully. Reading was nice. It took her mind of school, and being nervous about meeting new people.

Mark has never been to the huge Hogwarts Library, he had only heard about it. He headed around all the floors to find, where the library is located. When he found it, Mark was surprised by how huge and how much books it actually had. This place was very quiet and he thought that he had just found a place, where he could enjoy being alone with some stack of books to read, although it could have been better if this place had a fireplace.

He had been in Hogwarts for few days already and he got used (at least for few minutes) talking to new people, he started to get a little more brave and sometimes even could be the first one to start conversation. Mark wasn't even shy to ask people for directions or help, if he couldn't find or do something on his own. He noticed a girl reading and went closer to her.
- I'm sorry, do you know where are potions books? Mark looked at her with a smile on his face, saying it in a quiet, shy voice.

Amy heard a voice and looked up."Oh, I'm not entirely sure. Maybe a few rows done. Over there?" She shrugged."I can help you look of you'd like." She closed her book, and put the others in her bag. She wanted to help this boy, who looked around her age, because she thought it would be a good way to make a new friend."I'm Amy," she said, holding her hand towards him.

Mark liked that the girl offered him help, even though she didn't know where the potions books could possibly be. - I could use some help, yeah. Mark smiled, saying it in a shy voice as usual. He noticed the girl closing the book and he was ready to try and find the potions book section with her.

When she held her hand towards Mark and introduced her, it took about 5 seconds for Mark to do something, he just stared at her hand for a bit, then he finally held out his hand for her to shake too.
- I'm Mark. Mark smiled. - I'm from Gryffindor.

She smiled."Hufflepuff. I saw you at the Sorting Ceremony." They started on their way, Amy leading. She glanced down each row, trying to find something familiar to go off."I'm sure that I've gotten potions books before, I just can't remember where from."

Amy tried to think back. Was it yesterday she had gotten the potion book? Or were they the ones from home? She couldn't remember."Maybe this way?" She pointed towards some books, but realised they were charms books."Bummer. Maybe it was the other way." She turned to look at Mark."Sorry about this. I'm sure I got some but I can't remember where from."

Mark looked at the girl as she led the way in the huge library. Amy mentioned that she has got some potion books before, although she didn't seem to quite remember where from. They were walking around the library, trying to find where they are, but it was very hard. - No worries, I've got time. Mark laughed a little bit, his voice tuning up a tone, although his shyness could still be felt as the voice wasn't that confident.

Mark was going around the library with Amy, trying to find the potion books.
- I just realised that potions seem interesting and I should learn more about them before next lessons.. He said and waited for the girl to show him, where could possibly the potion books be, even if it meant going all around the library for twenty times. - Do you have at least an idea if these bookshelves have any order?

Amy nodded in agreement."Studying before class is a great idea. I haven't been studying potions though. I should probably get to that." Amy bit her lip and shook her head when Mark asked if the bookshelves were in any order."I have no idea," she admitted."Maybe they're the other way?" She turned around and continued in the opposite direction.

They soon reached where they had started and Amy looked down the next row. She shook her head when she couldn't see the books. She looked down the next, and the next. Still nothing. Maybe the books she had read were from home? Finally, the last row, Amy looked and spotted them.
"Here you go! Sorry it took so long. The books I read must've been from home." She laughed, a little sheepishly.

- Well, yeah. I don't want to be smartest in the class, but knowing the subject could help. Mark commented when girl mentioned studying before class. He shrugged when she said the books could be the other way. Mark just followed Amy through the library, hoping that she would actually got to the section, where potion books are. He didn't know why he exactly chose potions from all the subjects, it just seemed to be a subject that he would love to learn more about.

Mark smiled when she found the potion books. He grabbed two first year introductory potion books and sat down.
- No worries, at least you helped me find them. Mark smiled, looking at the girl. - Thank you. He said it in a quiet voice, turning first potion book to read the first page of it. Mark wanted to talk to Amy about something else, but he didn't know anything else to say, so she hoped that Amy would say something to keep the conversation going, if she wanted to, of course.

Amy pulled out a chair a few seats down from him. She didn't really want to walk back to where she was, and had all of her books with her."So what makes you want to study potions more than other subjects? Not that it's not a good idea, I'm just curious."Amy thought it was interesting to see what the other students liked about studying.

Mark was looking through the books, mostly just checking the pictures at first before starting to dig in deeper into the potions studies. He looked at Amy as she asked him a question. - Honestly, I don't know. The professor just seems cool and I think it would be nice to get to know our subjects a little bit better one by one. Mark said with a smile on his face, being a little shy in his voice.

As he was continuing to scroll his potion book, he finally got an idea of a question to ask.
- What is your favourite subject so far? Mark said, not looking at the girl.

Amy thought that was a good idea."Makes sense," she replied."Oh, my favourite subject is either Charms, Transfiguration or flying. I haven't decided yet. What's yours?" Amy had never thought that she would have trouble picking a favourite subject, but that's what had happened. She wondered if the same thing had happened to Mark, or any other students.

Mark was still looking at the photos of the book. As Amy answered his question, he smiled. - Well, I like them all. Everything seem interesting. Mark said. He couldn't really decide on his favourite subject just yet. Everything seemed really nice and he was starting to get a hang on everything. All these new magical subjects actually made him want to learn more!

As Mark mentioned potions professor, he got in mind another question he could ask Amy.
- Maybe you have a favourite professor already? He looked at her in wonder.

Amy thought about this."Not really, but they're all pretty good. I think that if I had a favourite I wouldn't be willing to work hard in every class." She glanced at Mark."Do you have a favourite?" She flicked through the book, but didn't find anything interesting, so switched to another. She was always carrying books around, so she didn't have to look around for another one.

Mark smiled as Amy mentioned all professors being pretty good. - So, you mean, you would concentrate only on one class if you had a favourite? Mark looked a bit confused. Mark shrugged when Amy asked her question. - I'm not quite sure yet. I think professor Holland is really cool and professor Pendleton seems nice. Mark started. - But then again professor Haiden seems cool too. I don't like professor Styx.. but maybe that's just for now.

Mark was continuing to flick through his book and then looking at Amy.
- Soo, how do you like it here so far? He smiled. Mark finally got the confidence in himself to be able to talk and ask questions not wait for questions to be asked. He wasn't that good at keeping the conversation up, although he really managed to do it this time.

"I think I would be more likely to work for my favourite, just because that's what I do. It's a really bad habit. I'd get really good grades for the things I liked, and fail the others." Amy was glad to not be the only one without a favourite teacher. She didn't really like having favourite teachers, since she did feel that she wouldn't work for those she didn't like.

The one thing Amy loved talking about was Hogwarts. She was amazed to be here, so that was one topic she could talk about forever."I love it! It's like a dream to actually be here. My siblings all came here, and my Mum, and it's just like they said it would be. Of course, it's important to remember that I need to study, but that's so hard to do!" Amy thought it would be best to do talking now, before she talked Mark's ear off."What about you? Are you enjoying it?"

Mark couldn't disagree with Amy about having a one favourite professor. It definitely could mean trying as hard as possible for one subject and only afterwards realising that you are failing all the others. Although Mark probably wouldn't do it that way as he was very purposeful anyways.

He noticed that Amy started talking a lot about Hogwarts. He smiled at her as she said that it was her dream to be here and that her family also went here.
- Well, I wouldn't say that it's my dream.. but it's not that bad here, yeah. Mark shrugged as he answered Amy's question. It wasn't like he wasn't exactly enjoying his time here, but Mark was feeling a bit like too much things were happening around. - Hard to study? Mark asked.

Amy nodded."I was homeschooled before coming here, so studying isn't my strong point. I get distracted really easily." She was embarrassed about sharing this information, but thought that if she opened up a little, maybe Mark would and she could get a new friend."But I understand that it isn't for everyone."

Mark looked at the girl, smiling at her. - So you haven't been to a proper school before? He asked. - I was homeschooled too.. He thought that he now at least had at least one thing that connects them. They both haven't been in a school before and maybe he with Amy could get through this huge school together as they probably had at least a little similar viewpoint. - Yeah.. Mark smiled.

He closed his books and looked at the time. Mark realised that it was time to start moving and get to the common room.
- It was nice talking to you, but I'm going to go. I'll see you around, Amy! Mark smiled as he stood up and went out of the library.

Amy nodded."I went to school for maybe two years? Then started homeschooling." Her eyes lit up when Mark said that he was homeschooled too."Cool!" She was pleased that they had something in common.

Mark said that he needed to head off."It was nice talking to you too. See you around!" Amy began reading her book and took some notes. She needed to make sure she kept her grades up, and this was the way to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back