Paving Stones

Zenia Katsaros

Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 9 Inch Flexible Holly Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Zenia had begged and begged. She was desperate. Zara had a cat. Why couldn't she get a cat? Zee had saved up some of her allowance and managed to escape her family for awhile. It was easier to ask for forgiveness, rather than permission. Especially when she had the cute fur-ball to persuade. Besides, Zee would take it to school with her, her parents wouldn't have to look after it.
The Gryffindor was moving swiftly down the street, but without meaning to, found herself distracted by a pretty dress in the Gladrags window. Zenia stood there, umming and ahhing, trying to decide whether she could spare a quick minute to run in and take a look around. But, the call of a kitten was too strong so Zenia took a step back and went to move towards the Menagerie, accidentally stepping into someone. "Oooh - sorry!" Zenia exclaimed, before seeing who it was. "-Oh."

Evelyn was back at Obsidian Harbour to get her stuff for school before the year would begin. They would go to their third year already and Evelyn was very looking forward to it. She was glad Lucas and her made things good again, they were just friends and Lucas would have to deal with it. But he seemed like he was having a good time with Merrill, and Evelyn didn't liked that. She didn't liked Lucas the way he liked her, but he and her spend so much time together that she was used to the attention that she got from him. And she was curious if that would be different when the year would start. She left Espen somewhere because he was too busy with looking for his books and stuff and Evelyn was bored, she would go on her own and saw a clothes shop and ofcourse she couldn't resist it. So she walked through that way but when she did someone walked into her. Evelyn looked a bit irritated because people weren't looking where they would go and when she saw who it was it made her day a lot worser. From everyone on this freaking planet it would be Zenia her enemy where she would cross paths with. '' Yeah be sorry, you have a habit to bump into me.'' she said annoying to her roommate.

Of course it had to be Evelyn. It could have been anyone. It could've been a cute boy. It could have been a Professor. It could have even been her brother, but no. The universe decided to send her Evelyn, in the living breathing flesh. Zenia rolled her eyes at the remark, shifting her bag on her shoulder. "It's not my fault you're so big. Maybe you should learn how to contract yourself or, you might even find yourself tripping over your own ego." Zee said, her voice full of spite. It wasn't her fault that she didn't like Evelyn. From the day they met, Zenia knew she wasn't worth even trying to get along with. Zenia couldn't understand how others didn't see through her, and see what she was really like. Rolling her eyes again, Zenia set off, charging her shoulder into Evelyn's, not something she hadn't done before.

Evelyn was glad she could ignore Zenia for a long time previous year, although she saw that face almost every morning since she was one of her roommates she gladly turned her head around for her. And ofcourse this bumping into eachother didn't went nicely, nothing ever did with the two of them. But was she really that clumsy? She looked at Zenia with her arms crossing over eachother and noticed her not fashionable clothes. She was wondering why Lucas liked her, Evelyn was almost always around Lucas and now she thought about it he didn't had that much friends. Aaron was his best friend and Evelyn liked him too, and Zara was a good friend of both of them. But Evelyn had friends from every house and she really liked them all. But she was glad Lucas and her didn't have to avoid eachother anymore after writing to eachother in vacation. But the blonde was wondering if everything would be the same as before. The blonde rolled with her eyes about Zenia her argument. She was big? Really was that all she had to say? '' It is not my fault that you are so clumsy. This is the second time YOU bump into me, remember?'' Evelyn just wanted to look at the clothes and saw perfectly fine where she walked. It was all Zenia her fault, didn't she saw that? But whatever she was in her way. '' What are you even doing in front of here?'' Evelyn asked with nothing friendly in her voice.

Zenia groaned when Evelyn continued to speak to her. Zee had never hated anyone so much in her life. But she couldn't let the girl talk to her in that way, and not defend herself. Zenia took a step closer to the girl. She wasn't afraid of fighting. She wasn't good at offensive spells yet, but there was nothing her fists couldn't do. Zenia laughed at the girl's question, looking at the store and then back at Evelyn. "Are you really that stupid? Looking at clothes. Though, I really don't have to explain myself to you." Zenia said, shaking her head. "You know, it must be really hard for you to not choke on that silver spoon in your mouth. You honestly think you are so much better than everyone else, when really, you're nothing but a spoiled b***h." Zenia finished, slightly shocked at herself for swearing. It was the first time she had ever in her life. Evelyn easily bought out the worst in Zenia.

Zoe finished shopping in Flourish and Blotts, before stopping by for an ice cream cone. She expected to see her sister somewhere, but Zoe did not find her. She could not find her brothers either. Sighing, Zoe continued to walk until she heard two girls arguing, or fighting. Zoe stopped walking and headed in that direction. That sounded like Zenia, but also, not like her. She continued to walk until she finally managed to find her. Zoe stopped a few good feet from the two Gryffindors going at it. Zoe frowned, and turned to her sister. They were standing in front of the pet store. Was Zenia about to get a pet? Well, a pet did sound perfect. Or maybe purrfect if one wanted a cat. Zoe approached the two, before saying in a soft, monotone voice, "Hey, let's just part ways. Zee, don't let someone in our class bring out the worst." Zoe leaned a little bit and whispered, "The guy that has a crush on you doesn't like cursing." Zoe turned to the other girl, and gave her an apologetic smile. Maybe if she hadn't transferred, then Zenia wouldn't have had anyone that would have brought out this within her.

The blonde had never hated anyone more that Zenia. And why in earth did she have to see that face every day. She really had a bad mood, even looking to Zenia made her grumpy. And she hated it, she was happy and social and others knew that too. Who had Zenia? Zenia was pretending that Lucas was her friend, but perhaps Lucas did only feel sorry as good and charming as he was for the girl. She sighted deeply when Zenia reacted with a stupid and annoying answer. Really only her breathing was already enough right now. Zenia looking at clothes? She could really use some other clothes indeed, but that she was interested in that kinda stuff was new. '' And still you are doing it.'' she said about Zenia her comment that she didn't had to explain herself to her. The blonde threw her blonde long curls to the back and pushed one lock that was hanging in front of her eye away. When she heard Zenia calling her stupid, she rolled with her eyes. The blonde was not gonna punch the girl, because she liked to solve things with words. She was good with words and they hurted more than something like a punch what she really did deserve. '' You are calling me stupid? Look in the mirror again.'' Evelyn said now a bit more meaner. She was getting into her bad mood, when things didn't go as she wanted them. And when she continued with noticing what was the truth that she felt better Evelyn smiled for a moment pretty confident. '' I am better, than you at least. Look at what you are all screaming. And I am not afraid of saying it, because it is the truth. '' The blonde felt her anger coming when she called her a b***h, Really? Really? This dumb annoying brat wanted to let it come to this. '' You are so pathetic. Your nothing but a jealous brat, you can't like me like everybody else does. That is too bad for you, don't blame me. '' The blonde took a moment of catching her breath. Her voice was more loud than before, but not like screaming.

Just when she wanted to turn away from Zenia she heard another voice and saw a copy of Zenia standing with them. Really? Two of them?? Now that she thought about it what they had in common was they were both twins. And this girl wasn't in Gryffindor glady! The blonde crossed her arms over eachother and looked at the two girls. The girl seemed more friendly but still sibling of her enemy. '' Wow, another Zenia.'' she said as honest as she always was about her thoughts.

Zenia rolled her eyes, not impressed with Evelyn or her so-called insults. But it did get to her when Evelyn said she was better than her, that was the biggest lie Zenia had ever heard. As Evelyn continued, Zee felt her blood boil, her fists clenching and she knew exactly what she was going to do, and wasn't afraid to do it. This girl deserved more than just a punch to the face, but Zenia didn't want to get into huge trouble. Just scare the girl, and maybe ruin her stupid perfect face.
But, before anything else was said or done, Zoe appeared. Zenia felt herself calm down instantly, her hand unclenching and she took a step back. She had hoped that Zoe didn't hear her swearing, but her next comment meant she did. Zenia repeated the sentence in her head, and she did a double take. Ignoring Evelyn, Zenia turned to Zoe, whispering. "Who has a crush on me?"

Zoe raised an eyebrow when the other girl called her another Zenia. Zoe bluntly ignored her, already seeing her as some unpleasant girl that had some sort of issue with her twin. Zoe placed her hands on Zenia's shoulders, attempting to lead her away and turn their backs on the very rude person, bringing out someone she didn't recognize. She smiled, "He's a good friend of mine. If you want, I can set you up. It is what sisters are for, right?" Zoe didn't bother whispering on that part. Zoe decided to hint a little further, "He is a pure-blood too. And his family has their own shop of boats and everything. Imagine if he took you out on one of those!" Maybe while her sister was distracted, they can leave the vain girl behind. Zoe did look over her shoulder, giving the girl a look of disapproval, much like a mother would to a child throwing a tantrum. "Come on, let's get a pet and some ice cream. And..." Zoe whispered the next part, "hope that the inferior girl doesn't follow, and I'll tell you more about him." If this was what it took to get Zenia away, then so be it. Last thing she wanted was to see her sister get hurt, or have her father come in and punish them both.

Evelyn looked at Zenia as she didn't spoke anymore. Perhaps what she said to her had effect. The girl had to shut her mouth and that was just what she did. For a moment Evelyn thought Zenia would hit her, and that wasn't what she wanted ofcourse. But if Zenia did she could make use of it and show others how Zenia was. But that was all thoughts, and Evelyn didn't want to fall back in old habits from the person she was before going to Hogwarts. She played with a lock of hair as the twins turned away from her. Yeah go away the blonde thought. But they kept standing there and whispering and Evelyn tried to catch something they were saying. And she heard something about a boy and pure blood, oh gosh they were pure bloods. That was why Zenia thought so good of herself perhaps. She had to smile about what the girls said and looked around as other people were walking by. Evelyn kept silent this time and was about to enter the shop and wait for her brother.

All thoughts of Evelyn and the rage she had been feeling were forgotten as she tried to figure out who Zoe was talking about. Zenia wasn't sure about being set up, like a blind date. She figured that would be embarrassing and awkward as hell. Maybe it they 'accidentally' bumped into each other. But what if she didn't even like him? Zenia's eyebrows raised when Zoe talked about him being a pureblood, and she smiled at the thought of being whisked away on a boat ride. The Gryffindor easily let herself be led away by her twin, remembering that she wanted to get a cat. Zenia laughed at Zoe's comment. "She won't follow if she knows what's good for her." Zenia replied. Though it wouldn't surprise her if Evelyn did follow, taunting her or trying to find out who liked Zenia so that she could try get in with him first. But Zee tried to ignore those thoughts and focus on her sister, following her eagerly like a puppy about to get a treat.

It worked. Zoe breathed a sigh of relief. Zenia was distracted and seemed like her temper had gone down. It did remind her of their dad. He was known for having a nasty temper, but he never showed it. She just heard the stories from her mom. He was also a jealous man. Zoe figured that she would tell her more, but she didn't want to spoil it. "Um, he's got brown hair, a little tanner than us, and he's a Hufflepuff. He has a little sister in your house. And I think he has talked to you a couple of times." Zoe decided that now that she was done talking about Cristian, she needed to see exactly what happened between the her and the other vain girl. Zoe stopped talking, and reached for her hand. "What exactly happened between you and that girl? I'm just curious." Zoe never thought that Zenia, of all people, would make enemies. Zoe thought that she would have with her honesty, often hurting feelings without meaning to.

Evelyn wouldn't hide she was interested about this boy. She heard the two girls talking and she was about to find out who this boy was. She didn't want to do anything with the information, because she had the feeling it would be someone that she wouldn't like. Because who would like Zenia? Evelyn heard the girls talking and she felt irritated that they talked about her that way. '' I'm still here you know, and I won't follow because I have better things to do.'' she said cold to the girls. When the twin of Zenia described the boy Evelyn had no clue who it might be, perhaps Amber would know. She would definitly ask her about a boy from their age. She was just curious now, because she wanted to know which boy liked Zenia, perhaps he was really ugly that would be funny.

The blonde walked to the direction of the shop and got bored of this two girls. She wanted to shop and get a better mood, because Zenia had spoiled anything happy right now. It was like she suck out all happiness by just being in her presence. Evelyn walked into the clothes shop without saying anything anymore.

Zee listened as Zoe spoke, concentrating and trying to figure out who it could be. She could think of at least four Hufflepuffs with brown hair but she couldn't think of any who would like her. Zenia was going to ask more when she heard Evelyn in the background. Rolling her eyes, but counting to three, Zee turned around. "So go then!" She snarled back, though she was already walking into the clothes shop.
Zenia huffed at Zoe's question. "To be fair Zoe, she brings all of this on herself. From the very first moment I met her, she was a stuck up brat and thought she was better than everyone else. She was so rude and mean! And I just, I guess I haven't let her walk all over me and I want her to know how terrible she is! And I accidentally - for real accident this time - bumped into her and she freaked out and I just wish she could go away." Zenia blurted out. "But at least I haven't hit this one!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back