Straight 11 Inch Swishy Vine Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Patrick Léonard Vernier
98Nx.gif
98Nw.gif

[ H U F F L E P U F F ]

NAME: Patrick Léonard Vernier
PRONUNCIATION: Pat-rick Lee-oh-nard Ver-near
NICKNAMES: Pat
NAME MEANING: first; a Latin baby name meaning regal; noble. middle; French form of 'Leonard', meaning "brave lion", derived from the Germanic elements levon "lion" and hard "brave, hardy". last; the topographic name for someone who lived near an alder tree. Hyper Corrected form of 'Varnier', the form of Warner found in eastern France
DATE OF BIRTH: Patrick was born on the twelfth day of September in 2032 In Burgundy, Eastern France.
ZODIAC SIGN: Virgo. Virgos are always paying attention to the smallest details and their deep sense of humanity makes them one of the most careful signs of the zodiac. Their methodical approach to life ensures that nothing is left to chance, and although they are often tender, their heart might be closed for the outer world. This is a sign often misunderstood, not because they lack the ability to express, but because they won’t accept their feelings as valid, true, or even relevant when opposed to reason. The symbolism behind the name speaks well of their nature, born with a feeling they are experiencing everything for the first time.
ELEMENT: Earth
HOUSE ASTROLOGY: Hufflepuff Virgos are incredibly hard workers and bright, if quiet, students. They excel at any magical arts related to domestic life or healing. They must be watched carefully to ensure that they do not overstress their systems by performing too much work; these wizards have a very hard time learning the meaning of the word "no," and are thus easily taken advantage of for their work ethic. Let other people do the leading and the decision making; they are content to serve. And on their backs rests the industry of the world. Without people like them, civilization might grind to a halt, for who would take care of the practical details?

NATIONALITY: French
BLOOD STATUS: Mixed Blood
INTERESTS: When Patrick is interested in something it soon becomes his passion. He has a passion for quidditch, having played the beater position on the Hufflepuff Quidditch Team at Hogwarts New Zealand from his 2nd-6th year. He also enjoys Ancient Runes and often will perform readings on himself and others as he finds this a good way to relax and deal with his stress. Whilst he doesn't believe that the readings are completely true, he does find enjoyment in deciphering them the way that he wants to and it helps him keep a positive mind.

HISTORY: Patrick Leonard Vernier is the youngest child of Muggle baker Amelie Vernier (nee Durand) and the second eldest child of Half-blood Aaron Vernier. He was born on the twelfth day of September, 2032 in the local Hospital in Burgundy, France and his first language is French. In 2036, Patrick's mother, Amélie Vernier, had passed away from Muggle cancer. The cancer spread quickly and she was starting to lose control of her limbs. Eventually, she became a vegetable and not even the most powerful medicine could prevent this from happening (but it did in fact slow it down). It was not long before Patrick's 4th birthday when she died at 32 years of age and the family was in great grief for the next couple of years. 12 months later Aaron Vernier had met another woman that worked at the same workplace as he did. In June 2040 he had asked her to marry him and Patrick's family had moved in with her and her daughter. Their wedding happened on August 27, 2040 and they moved a year and a half later to live in New Zealand where Patrick had to learn how to speak English. Patrick began attending Hogwarts New Zealand two years after that.

WAND : Straight 11 Inch Swishy Vine Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Length - A fairly average length for a wand, not at all uncommon or very special.​
Style - Straight and smooth: what else is there to say?​
Wood - Strongly tied to the witch and wizard they choose, vine wands are often held by witches and wizard who dream of something bigger beyond the mundane for their lives.​
Core - Phoenix tail feathers are not easy to come by. The animal is known for its versatility, making wands with this core useful for wand casters who seek to become good with different types of magic.​
Flexibility - Swishy: A wand which can quickly cast spells but may need to cast more than one to accomplish the job.​

f2u___arrows_divider_by_umieart_dbeqcsu-fullview.png

APPEARANCE: Patrick is slightly tall for his age but mostly fits in with the rest of the crowd. He dislikes fitting in with everyone and likes to think of himself as one of the tallest, despite him only being average. He has long brown hair much like his father's. It grows quickly which means many trips to the hairdresser every year to keep it short and tidy. He doesn't usually do much to his hair and would much rather let it do what it wants to than try and position it in a specific way everyday. Patrick has a scar on his left hip from falling out of a tree at the age of 9. He is quite proud of this and usually tells people that he got it during a fight against a man-eating beast.
AESTHETIC:
dAI1FWU.png

PERSONALITY: Inspired by connections with people, Patrick is always readily available for help and enjoys spending time with others. He is never one to put down an idea or contribution and will willingly help another find a solution to their problem even if it has nothing to do with him, no matter who it is. Despite this, he is an introvert and prefers to only have a small group of friends. When stuck, Patrick mainly refers to books and will not stop until he finds an answer. When criticised, however, Patrick will take it poorly and start to get very frustrated and hot-headed. He does not handle stress very well, is unable to stand up for himself, and tends to doubt himself a lot of the time. But once these stressful moments pass, Patrick is happy to let it go, not wanting to dwell on it. He lives in the present, not thinking too much about the past or the future.

Patrick tries his best to make many friends but usually never succeeds due to how hard it is for him to open up. He is mainly an introvert and does not mind this at all. He prefers to work on his own without the distraction of other people. His biggest goal in life is to 'save the world' and no large obstacles will stop him from trying to do that. Patrick is definitely a logical thinker. He tries his best to think of many ways things could be solved, even if sometimes they're silly, and will most likely amaze you with many of the things that come up in his head. For Patrick, he tries his best to work between both work and play. He loves the both of them but if he knows he isn't going to get much out of the work he'd much rather love to go and play. He understands that work can be much more important and with a little bit of push he will definitely go and work. He will try to act confident and brave but can sometimes doubt himself and is always scared of what might go wrong.

• Reading
  • Helping others
  • The smell of fresh air
DISLIKES:
  • Unfair circumstances
  • People ignoring him

FIVE STRENGTHS: Loyal; giving or showing firm and constant support or allegiance to a person or institution.. Adventurous; willing to take risks or to try out new methods, ideas, or experiences. Logical; characterized by or capable of clear, sound reasoning. Helpful; giving or ready to give help. Independent; free from outside control; not subject to another's authority.
FIVE WEAKNESSES: Regretful; feeling or showing regret.. Clumsy; awkward in movement or in handling things.. Hot-Headed; having an impetuous or quick-tempered nature.. Insecure; uncertain or anxious about oneself; not confident.. Doubtful; feeling uncertain about something.

16PERSONALITIES:
Adventurer personalities are true artists, but not necessarily in the typical sense where they’re out painting happy little trees. Often enough though, they are perfectly capable of this. Rather, it’s that they use aesthetics, design and even their choices and actions to push the limits of social convention. Adventurers enjoy upsetting traditional expectations with experiments in beauty and behavior – chances are, they’ve expressed more than once the phrase “Don’t box me in!”

Adventurers are definitely Introverts, surprising their friends further when they step out of the spotlight to be by themselves to recharge. Just because they are alone though, doesn’t mean people with the Adventurer personality type sit idle – they take this time for introspection, assessing their principles. Rather than dwelling on the past or the future, Adventurers think about who they are. They return from their cloister, transformed.

Adventurers live to find ways to push their passions. Riskier behaviors like gambling and extreme sports are more common with this personality type than with others. Fortunately their attunement to the moment and their environment allows them to do better than most. Adventurers also enjoy connecting with others, and have a certain irresistible charm.

f2u___arrows_divider_by_umieart_dbeqcsu-fullview.png

PATRONUS:
jUhLb1P.jpg

Penguin
PATRONUS MEMORY: Patrick's mother singing him a lullaby every night before bed.
BOGGART: tbe

EDUCATION: Hogwarts New Zealand
HOGWARTS HOUSE: Hufflepuff
GRADUATION YEAR: 2051
FAVOURITE CLASS: Ancient Runes
LEAST FAVOURITE CLASS: Potions
CLUBS AND ACTIVITIES: Quidditch (beater)

l9Qszkc.png

Last edited:
tumblr_inline_n9l9vkCvR11r3ffly.png
tumblr_inline_n9l9vomGOr1r3ffly.png

H O G W A R T S ; Y E A R S

tumblr_inline_o4e9y1WPOW1ryxz47_100.png
tumblr_inline_o4e9y0BEm11ryxz47_100.png

[ first year ]

SUMMARY.
Patrick started off his year eager to attend a new school. He met many people before the year even started but became best friends with Wilfred whom he met during the first night there. The pair of them were in all of the same classes together and Patrick made sure to stick by his side.

It didn't take long before Patrick found himself part of the Hufflepuff quidditch team as a beater. He knew his step-sister wasn't going to like that and so kept it a secret from her, only telling Isabelle and his father about his success on the team.

With English being his second language, Patrick found it quite hard to keep up with the professor's lectures, but with some help from his sister he was able to translate his notes into French as he went which greatly helped his studies. He finished the year with straight O's except for Astronomy, which was a subject he soon learnt that he didn't like, and was overall glad with his success during the year.

HOUSE POINTS EARNED. 431
HOUSE POINTS LOST. 0

ROLEPLAYS.
SEMESTER ONE.
Prospective School Buying | Jasmine Wolfe, Grayson Wolfe
Calling the Charge | Frankie Tillington
Hipbones Already Attached | Alexis Sage Kramer
New Students | Simon Vanity
A New Adventure | Lenore Harvelle, Alexis Sage Kramer
You've got a friend in me | Wilfred Lichester-Raven
First Night | Wilfred Lichester-Raven
This. Place. Is. Gigantic | Lenore Harvelle, Oliver Foy