OOC First Name
Kris
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Bisexual
Frankie supposed he should have known better than to try and take the bike out when the roads were still so wet from the rain. He'd needed the air though, the house feeling stuffy from the onset of Summer. As things were, he was probably lucky he hadn't smeared his brains all over the pavement now, limping home slowly as he walked the bike along. It was going to need another round of work to fix whatever he'd managed to knock about when he'd slid out, but Frankie figured he should see to himself first. His whole body hurt, possibly as much as his ego did and Frankie felt physically weighted down of the misery of the evening as his house finally came back into view.

He'd spent most of the walk up his street convincing himself to just spend the rest of the evening lurking his the garage all night instead of trying to slink up to his room. Frankie had never had a knack for any healing magic and the last thing he needed was a fight with his mum cause she'd spotted him all banged up. It was already a miracle she tolerated him having the bike in the first place and Frankie didn't have the energy for that argument tonight.

It had been... an interesting semester, she'd say that much. Being home again was a bit of a relief, honestly, to be back and actually see her brother and how he was doing for herself. She was home alone, for now, though, as all the boys had taken off somewhere. It didn't bother her so much, she enjoyed the quiet.

She had just finished making a small lasagna for herself, setting the hot pan on the stove, when she happened to glance out the window. She furrowed her brow at what she saw. Well, he looked like hell. Grabbing her jacket and an umbrella, Sapphire headed out the door, not saying anything as she walked up behind him, popping her gum as she came up next to him. "You look terrible." She commented idly. "You okay?"

Hearing the sound of a nearby door opening, Frankie supposed he should have expected Sapphire to make an appearance, her timing as good as ever. "Hello to you too, Princess" He said mildly, trying not to limp too obviously even if it made his jeans stick more to what he was sure was some nasty road rash on his leg. "I'll live, bike's kinda f*cked up though," He said, resisting the temptation to give the stupid thing a kick as he finished wheeling it up the drive-way. "Home for the holidays then," He asked, though it was more of statement as he finally turning to face her. Sometimes it was easy to forget how Sapphire made him feel when she was away for half the year, but now standing in front of him, the list mist of rain catching on her hair it all came back, the strange knotted up feeling inside his guts as he looked at her.

((Godmod approved))

Sapphire ignored his comments, humming lightly in response as she took his hand and turned his arm a bit to get a better look. "Ouch." She commented dryly, keeping hold of his hand and pulling him with her towards her house. "Shut up, Pretty boy," she cut him off before he could complain. "We're going." She told him plainly, not stopping till they were back in her room. She let go of his hand, gathering a few supplies before moving back and taking his arm. "This might hurt." She told him, keeping a good grip on his arm before pouring the rubbing alcohol onto the wound. She probably could have been nicer, but this way she didn't have to do it twice.

Frankie let out a hiss as Sapphire grabbed his arm, trying to yank it back from her inspection, though she just moved her grip to his hand, towing him over to her house. "Ow," Frankie said flatly, though he grimaced as the movement tugged unpleasantly at the injuries on his arm and leg. He considered complaining or resisting more, though it was purely out of habit more than anything, and Sapphire helping did seem at least somewhat more appealing than lurking in the garage all night feeling sorry for himself.

He only had a few moments to peer curiously around Sapphire's room until she returned with some things in her harms. Frankie barely had a moment to register what she was doing before she'd dumped what felt like hot fire on his arm. "Merda, what was that?!" He let out a shout, yanking his arm back from Sapphire's grip and cradling it against his chest. "Was that necessary?!" He said, miserably gripping his arm tighter to his chest, the sting from the rubbing alcohol still burning on the scraps along his arm. "Aren't you a witch? Do they not teach you proper magic at your stupid school?" Maybe this was just revenge for Frankie not responding to her owls after she'd been gone for a few weeks, but he felt it was a bit over the top if so.

Sapphire raised a brow. "They haven't, actually. We could wait for my uncle if you'd rather. Or you can let me bandage it tonight and get the right potion from my cousin tomorrow- since she's actually living with a doctor and training to be one herself. I can bandage you up just fine- I've done it to myself a thousand times." She raised a brow, holding out her hand and waiting for him to give his arm back.

She completely ignored the way her heart was pounding in her chest at being so close to him. It was odd, after so long apart. She had missed him- no, she couldn't think like that. She was nothing to him. It was safer that way. She couldn't let herself get attached. Not to anyone. Her luck would surely do him in. But... it was nice. For now. Being close to him again. She let her hair fall to hide her face a bit, pleased to be with him even in such a small way.

Last edited:
Frankie continued to scowl at Sapphire as she talked, silent as he mulled over the opens before tentatively giving her back his arm. He hoped he'd at least made sure she was aware he wasn't happy about it. "You need to work on your bedside manner. What are you doing that you're needing so much bandaging up?" He said huffily, trying not to wince when she continued. Sapphire's hair had fallen across her face, and Frankie reached out to brush it behind her ear with his free hand before he could even think about it, pulling his hand back awkwardly and brushing it down his pants leg. It was easier to focus on the stinging along his arm and leg than the tangled feeling at having her touching him again.

Last edited:
Sapphire took his arm back, trying to be a bit gentler as she wrapped his arm. "I spent thirteen years in an orphanage run by an aunt that later tried to kill me," She replied simply. "I got into a lot of fights with boys bigger than me who tried a lot to take out their frustrations on smaller kids. I never was able to stand by and just let it happen. Where do you think I found Jordie?" She teased, tying the bandage on his arm and blushing when he brushed her hair back.

She dropped down to the floor, carefully rolling up his pant leg and studying the wound. "Jordie was little when he came to the home, and he attached himself to me right away. Uncle James showed up that same week, saying he wanted to bring me back here," She smirked a little, picking up the rubbing alcohol. "I told him I wasn't leaving until Jordie found a home. So he took us both." She dumped the liquid on his leg without warning, wrapping it quickly.

Once she was done, she rolled his pants back down and stood, smirking a bit. "There. You're fixed." She leaned forward, pressing a quick kiss to his forehead before dropping down on the bed next to him. "I suppose I should thank you for not kicking me in the face," She mused, turning sapphire eyes to look at him. "I'm on my own the rest of tonight; everyone else went off to my other uncles house. I had just finished making dinner when I spotted you looking like you lost a fight with a shredder. You hungry?" She asked, trying very hard to play it off more casually and ignoring the pounding of her heart.

If Frankie had been honest, he was expecting some sort of flippant response to his question; Something about Quidditch or more cracks about punching ex-boyfriends at school, so Sapphire's honest answer threw him for a loop. He paused, looking at her as she focused on wrapping up his arm, barely even feeling the press of the gauze against the scraps while the gears in his head turned. "Oh," He managed eventually. "I guess I hadn't ever thought about it," He admitted, glancing away to look around Sapphire's room. They had stepped past their usual aloof banter and straight into something very personal and Frankie wasn't sure when that had happened or what to do with it.

He felt something in his chest heat up and Sapphire moved to the floor, but pushed it aside, something that was helped at the pain of Sapphire pulling his pant leg away from his scraped up calf. "Wait so- Ow! Sh*t- So you knew Jordie for a whole week and decided he'd just be your brother now? Just like that?" He asked, snapping his fingers to emphasize his point and raising an eyebrow. He'd always imagined Sapphire more closed off than that, but Frankie was starting to realize he may have been very wrong about that, a thought that set his stomach twisting all over again if he thought about it too long.

Thankfully, Sapphire had finished fixing him up, though Frankie almost flinched as she pressed a quick kiss to his head before dropping down next to him. Tentatively, Frankie leaned back so they were facing each other on the bed. He'd been trying to keep his distance from Sapphire, at times annoyed at her for getting to have some life off at school away from him and worried about getting too attached. But every time they were back together it became harder and harder to remember things like that and Frankie couldn't help but reach out and twist some of her hair in his fingers as she spoke. "I can't tell if I'm lucky you saw me or not, that hurt," He murmured, the offer of food ignored in favour of shifting closer to Sapphire.

Sapphire shook her head at his question. "No. He got to the orphanage and attached himself to me; my uncle happened to come for me that week and I said I wasn't going to leave until someone adopted Jordie. He was very small and scared and I just... didn't want to leave him alone. My uncle said 'alright' and next thing I knew he had taken both of us." She shrugged.

She watched as he leaned back with her, holding herself back from leaning into the touch as he took hold of her hair. "What, were you just going to pout in your garage all night?" She teased lightly, trying to ignore the thumping of her heart. "That's terribly boring of you." She shifted a little closer, a coy grin on her lips. "And here I thought I was a fun distraction," She teased him, relaxing just a little and stretching out on the bed. "If you're against dinner, we could snog for a bit. Or watch a movie or something. I'm bored," She informed him, pouting and making it obvious she was looking for him to entertain her. "I'm alone tonight and tomorrow. If you want you can take the couch." She offered, unsure if he would take it. She just got the sense sometimes that he didn't want to go home.

"I guess it's nice that he wanted you bad enough to take on a whole 'nother kid," Frankie mused, watching Sapphire's dark hair slowly unravel from where he'd curled it around his knuckle. There was this weird feeling again, like he'd stepped into some sort of unfamiliar territory with Sapphire and his gut instinct was to just run or move to something more familiar. He didn't know what to do with Sapphire being so open and casual about her life, about things that were clearly important pieces of her that he didn't feel like he was supposed to be allowed to see.

"I would have figured something out," He said evasively, not wanting to admit that had been exactly his plan. "We can't all be star beaters on our school Quidditch teams. Some of us have to be boring and lurk in garages," He said, giving the lock of Sapphire's hair a small tug in retaliation. This felt like safer ground, teasing each other and gentle touches, Frankie was better at this. "Definitely distracting," He murmured, moving his hand to brush his palm over her cheek, sliding it back into her hair and watching her face. He raised an eyebrow at her as Sapphire mentioned she was alone all night together, grinning at her and bringing his other hand over to brush it over her shoulder, trying to lure her closer and ignoring the sting in his arm as the movement pulled on the scratches there. "Are you sure you want me around then? Didn't you just say I was boring," He asked, letting his thumb rest along her pulse point as his hand continued brushing through her hair.

Sapphire shrugged at his comment. "Or he was just too stubborn to leave me there," she mused in return. It felt nice, the way he was playing with her hair. She rolled her eyes, smiling warmly at him. "Right, sure. Royalty does have to be amazing, you know." She teased.

She couldn't help but lean a little into his touch the second time, shutting her eyes and enjoying the feeling as he moved his fingers into her hair. She smiled, letting him lure her closer. "Now, now. I didn't say you were boring. I said that was a boring plan." She clarified, laughing lightly. She ran her fingers lightly down his jaw, feeling herself relax the longer she was with him. Being with Frankie was always... a conflicting time. She wanted him. More than anything, or anyone. But even know, she held back, knowing in the back of her mind that this... wasn't going to happen. She was a distraction. Never anything more.

Unwilling to linger on thoughts that would just hurt her later, she leaned forward and kissed him. He had never given her a solid answer on what he wanted, so she just... chose for him. She shifted closer, running her fingers through his hair before moving to pull him down with her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back