Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
Sexual Orientation
asexual
Wand
Straight 14 1/2 Inch Sturdy Cypress Wand with Erumpent Hide Core
Zennon was not the kind of person to have a lot of friends. He preferred a small group of friends that he could trust rather than a lot of people he barely knew. That wasn't to say that friends didn't know a lot about each other, he was sure they did. But in his experience, most of the people he knew didn't know anything about him. That included, and was not limited to, his close family. He wasn't brought up in some zealot's family or taught to hate all muggles or those of less than pure blood. He wasn't told that all magic is sacred and should be coveted like diamond or gold. He had a relatively relaxed upbringing, thankfully, though it didn't stop him from occasionally getting into trouble like most kids. He was always a social guy, but he didn't consider himself "a friend of the people" like he'd been described a couple of times. People just didn't notice they never seemed to get anything out of him. He was good at changing the subject and answering questions with as little personal details as possible. He wasn't quite sure how or when he had developed the skill, but it had surely come in handy on many occasions. He just didn't like to talk about his personal life. It was personal for a reason after all.

Zennon raced down the hallway looking over his shoulder. He waved his roommate's boxers over his head and continued to run. He wasn't usually the type to do something like this, but the guy had gotten on his nerves and this was the first thing he'd been able to think of that would get his attention. Students stopped and stared at him as he ran past and threw the boxers to the side onto one of the many statues in the corridor. Finding his way around the castle was pretty simple after the first couple of days and as Zennon rounded the corner into the student lounge he could hear the feet of the one chasing him. Yelping, Zennon jumped over the lounge, pulling another student down with him, as he crouched. Breathing heavily, trying to quiet himself to catch his breath, Zennon peeked around the couch to see if he was still being pursued. He looked at the boy next to him and put his finger to his lips. "shh." His eyes pleaded with the boy to stay silent.​

Jacob had always been a little small for his age, but he'd always been bigger than his cousin, Jemma, so that was all that mattered. And he'd never beaten his brother when they wrestled or fought, but Noah was way bigger. Still, Jacob hardly expected to get tackled to the ground, especially out of nowhere. He landed awkwardly behind a sofa, his glasses askew. Jacob straightened them to see there was a boy beside him. He recognized him from class though it had been a blur this week so he didn't even know which one. They weren't friends, that was for sure, and Jacob was about to shove him back when he noticed what he was doing.

There was a lot of noise in the hallway, which was saying something since the castle was always noisy, he'd discovered. Jacob tried to peer over the top but couldn't see much, so he settled back down, their gazes meeting as the boy brought a finger to his lips. Jacob had no idea what he'd gotten himself in the middle of, but he didnt think it was good if all the din had anything to do with it. What did you do? he mouthed, over exaggerating each word to the point the boy might not understand any of it.

Zennon peered carefully over the top of his hiding place and noted the boy had now stopped and was simply looking around the room, likely at the faces of the stunned students. Zennon hoped none of the others ratted him out. The boy turned to look in the direction of Zennon who squeaked and felt back again, almost wishing he hadn't been stupid enough to be so stupid. He was generally a very intelligent person, but this one occasion he had lost it, just a little and it had led him to the situation he now found himself in. He looked back at his current hiding buddy and frowned as words were mouthed at him, though he was finding it incredibly difficult to piece the words together. They were over exaggerated, but eventually he figured out that he was being asked what he did.

Zennon smirked slightly and pointed towards his jeans tugging on the waistband of his pants. Then he pointed at the guy who was currently in the middle of trying to hunt him down and mimed waving them above his head. He kind of hoped it made sense, because he didn't know how else to tell it! Turning his attention back to the Slytherin, Zennon sighed in relief that he now appeared to be moving on. Falling backwards onto his back, all the energy now sapped from him body at the retreat of his adrenaline, Zennon could breathe easy knowing he'd won. For now. Staying on his back with his arm thrown out at either side of him, Zennon lifted his foot in a halfhearted wave to the guy he'd tackled. "Hi, I'm Zennon."

Jacob knew something was going on and half wished he was on the other side of this hiding place, able to see the other guy's reaction. As the boy beside him began to pantomime what he'd done, Jacob tried to follow. His gaze fell to the boy's waistline...Jacob blushed, his eyes widening as the boy went through the rest of the gestures. Clapping both hands to his mouth as he thought he figured it out, Jacob could hardly contain his laughter. Odd noises escaped him, his face turning red as he physically restrained himself so he wouldn't give up the boy's position.

After a moment, Jacob watched as Zennon, as he would introduce himself a moment later, fell back and gave him an odd wave. Jacob leaned forward and let out a laugh. He stayed that way for a moment and then finally settled enough to say, "Jacob." He crossed his legs under him, content to remain back here and hear more. "Why, Zennon? Why?" he asked, the giggles threatening to take over again.

Zennon continued to laugh with his new acquaintance. He assumed this was not the most normal of all meetings the other boy had had, and it was also true of himself. He didn't often go around tackling boys behind lounges, that was something he apparently reserved for random Gryffindors. He grinned at Jacob, though he remained firmly in his spot. "I don't think I know. He was being a douche, I didn't know what else to do." He said sighing. "I don't really like authority and he was all like 'oh you cant do this, you cant do that' and all, and it was super lame and I didn't like the way he spoke to us and no one else was doing anything and so I thought, well why not? You know?" he wasn't sure why he felt the need to tell his whole plan, but well, it couldn't do too much harm right, Jacob wouldn't tell he was in this now too.

Zennon sat up slightly, sticking his elbows behind him. "Can I give you a nickname, do you do nicknames?" Zennon had never had a nickname, so he was making it his mission to give a nickname to everyone he met from this day forth. It would be a fun experiment and he was sure it would be ore fun on anyone who had a weird name or something. Maybe he could call Jacob, Jaco, or Jay, or... what was his last name? "Hey, what was your last name?"

Jacob tried to follow along but instead just found himself nodding in agreement. He didn't like bossy people much either, so he could imagine being frustrated though he'd never once thought to run off with a pair of someone's boxers. Noah better watch out next time he annoyed him though because it was a brilliant idea. As the second bout of giggles subsided, Jacob sat up a bit more too. The room was already returning to its previous noise levels, the students already getting on with their lives. Jacob was happy to remain in this though.

He shrugged, nodding his head. "Sure" he said, liking nicknames alright. He was about to tell Zennon that most people just called him Jake when the boy asked for his surname. Jacob froze, knowing the boy had just said something about disliking authority. Noah had warned him that some people might not like him just because he was the Minister's son, his dad's authority simply rubbing some the wrong way. And he liked Zennon. He didn't know him well, but he liked him anyway. And he didnt want to mess that up already. "Jake" he blurted out. "Everyone calls me Jake or Jakey when I was younger but I don't like that one much. Or Jay" he continued. "You?"

Zennon began to think about every nickname he could that might work for Jacob as soon as he said it was okay. He'd always wanted to be able to look for nicknames or have something as an "in joke". He'd never been part of an in joke, but he'd always wanted to be. He laughed slightly when Jacob mentioned being called Jakey and hoped it was not a name that had followed him into preteenhood. "Now whilst I think Jakey is frankly, adorable, I hope that didn't follow you as you got older!" Jakey, adorable, but not exactly manly. Of course, maybe Jake didn't want to be manly, who really knew these things anyway.

It completely escaped Zennon's notice that the gryffindor had not answered his question as he ran through a list of the best ones he could think of. "Glasses, no that's mean, J, but just the letter, not the word Jay. So it would be like, hey letter J, or even Jetter, for J letter, hmm that's a bit stupid." He shook his head as he thought more. He grinned as Jacob asked about his own nickname. "I don't have one! I sometimes get called by my full name." He shook his head again. "But no nickname, sometimes I just get Baros." He gasped as he suddenly thought of the most amazing idea. "How about, I give you a nickname and you give me one!"

Jacob blushed, not sure why he'd mentioned his family nickname to this boy he'd just met. He shook his head quickly, wanting to make it clear that he did not go by that name anymore."Please. I'm not five" he declared, hoping Zennon would never, ever run into him with his mother who still often called him that even in public. He'd have to have another talk with her soon.

Eager to get a cool nickname, Jacob did not hesitate to make a face at the first one. "No way!" he protested to being called 'Glasses.' The next ones weren't as bad. "But that's boring" he stated, hearing that Zennon didnt have a nickname at all and immediately beginning to think of one for him. So, he nodded enthusiastically at the boy's suggestion. "How about..." He paused, "Zen, no that's boring too. Or ZMan or Zbar for your name. If you like any of these, let me know" he indicated as he kept thinking. Jacob chuckled, holding his stomach. "What about Boxers?"

Zennon snorted when Jacob complained about not being five. He had suspicions that maybe he did still get called that, but just didn't want to tell Zennon. Zennon scrunched up his face a little as he thought about what it would be like to have his family call him a weird name like that. "Good to know! I think our association would have to end here if I found out you were still called Jakey. I have an image to maintain you know!" He said, though he wasn't exactly sure of what image he was talking about, he was sure it was something tough and important that he didn't want damaged.

Zennon waited eagerly as he listened to Jacob thinking up a nickname for him. He was still formulating his own nickname in his head, because it had to be perfect. It had to be the most amazing nickname ever to beat all other nicknames. Zen laughed out loud when Jacob tried both ZMan and Zbar, though he couldn't say anything through his lack of breathing skills. It wasn't until Jacob mentioned Boxers that Zen sat up and took notice. That might just be the funniest, greatest and most amazing nickname ever. Even better, it was an in joke! Zennon sat up and launched himself at Jacob. "Jacob! That is the best name ever! You must use it always! Always and forever!" He was so excited to have his first in joke!

Jacob listened to Zennon talk about his image, and glanced down at his sneakers, playing with the laces. He'd really have to talk to his mom soon. "I don't" he assured his new friend, though in a very quiet voice. He'd already begun to think of Zennon as a friend even though they'd only just met and had only been talking for a few moments. Jacob already thought Zennon was probably one of the coolest guys in their year.

So, he was super happy to hear Zennon laughing even at the bad names he suggested. Still laughing himself at his fin suggestion, Jacob wasn't at all prepared to have Zennon launch himself and send Jacob to the ground...again. At least he'd been closer to it this time. He brought his knees up, his feet flat on the ground as he listened in between his own giggles. "Ok, ok! Just stop tackling me every two seconds!" he protested, though he didn't mind that much either. The eleven year old hadn't put any thought into how awkward it might be to yell that name in the halls or the appropriateness of such a nickname. It just sounded fun, and that was enough for Jacob, and Zennon too apparently. Struggling onto his elbows, Jacob was ready to hear the name Zennon had for him. "Well? What have you got for me?"

Zennon wasn't sure if Jacob was being defensive or not, but he looked very similar to how he'd seen his brother look whenever he was trying to convince Zennon that he didn't still have his baby blanket with him. Zennon begged to differ and one day he knew he'd catch his brother out. It was only a matter of time! Zennon was sure of it! He rolled off of his new friend when he was told to stop tackling, but talking was his favourite thing to do, so this was going to be very hard in deed. He pouted slightly. "Fine, but only because you asked nicely!"

He sat up and thought about Jacob's nickname for a second. He was having a hard time figuring one out and so he wasn't quite sure what to do with himself. He knew he'd promised that they should come up with names for each other, but this was serious business. He was impressed that Jacob had come up with his so quickly! He looked over his shoulder at Jacob slightly and shrugged. "I haven't quite gotten that far yet, I need to have a real proper think about this. This will last until the day you die, you must know, so it has to be extra special. You can never be rid of it!" He nodded to himself. "Yes, this will take a while, but I promise, it will be the most amazing name ever."

Jacob laughed at Zennon's face. Jemma did the same thing to him whenever he asked her to stop. He blamed his parents for his being so polite. Even when he tried to be mean, a please or thank you would usually slip in and ruin his whole image. Turning his full attention to Zennon, Jacob was ready for his nickname. He had a few of them at home, but the one he heard most -Jakey- he absolutely did not want to hear near Zennon. He had a feeling he'd never hear the end of it if he did.

Deflating slightly when it seemed Zennon hadn't come up with anything after all, Jacob eventually nodded. He appreciated how seriously the Slytherin boy was taking this. Nicknames were important after all. "I'm going to hold you to it, Boxers" Jacob said, his smile returning. He sat up and then began to scramble up until he was standing. "I should probably get going. I'll let you know if it's all clear for you, k?" he said before heading to the door of the lounge. He glanced left and right, the area calm once more. Turning, Jacob held a thumb up to his new friend and then he disappeared into the halls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back