Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Bi
Wand
Curly 11 Inch Swishy Ash Wand with Kelpie Hair Core
Tristan hadn't attended a ball without a partner in years, so he was glad he had managed to convince Nixon to go with him. It was only for a short while, as the other boy had duties for the yearbook he had to fulfill at the dance, but at least Tristan wasn't entering the great hall alone. He linked arms with the younger Hufflepuff boy as they stepped inside, and he shot him a small smile. "Did I tell you you look wonderful?" He asked in a low voice, perfectly aware that he had. "I'm a lucky guy." He added with a small chuckle. But even as he said those words, his eyes were scanning the crowd for any sign of Vivian. He wanted to see if he really was taking that Hudson boy, and if he did, he wanted Vivian to see him with Nixon. He wanted Vivian to know that he had a date too. And that he was going to have a great time. He was also curious if October had a date, but he didn't see her anywhere. That was probably for the best, as he couldn't be sure she wouldn't say anything to him that he didn't want Nixon to hear.

He stopped looking around, focusing again on his date. "Do you like the decorations?" He asked, careful to keep his voice neutral. Whatever Nixon said now, Tristan would go agree with. It was easy to make people like him if he agreed with them on general things, though he had the feeling Nixon already liked him well enough. "Let's get that dance in before you have to start taking photos." He told the other boy.

Last edited:
Nixon had always believed having a date to the yule ball and working for the yearbook were mutually exclusive, and this usually resulted in him taking photos for the entire night rather than having fun for himself. Though after being asked to the ball by Tristan Collins of all people, Nixon knew he needed to balance both things together. Showing up to the ball with someone older and good looking, who was also a prefect was an opportunity he would never pass up, and especially when Tristan was more than willing to compromise time with their date and the work Nixon needed to focus on. It was the perfect situation, in summary, and he couldn't be happier, a feeling only heightened when he walked into the great hall, arm in arm with Tristan and flattered by his compliments. The night had barely begun and Nixon already felt so special and worthy of Tristan's time, which was something he hadn't felt in the days leading up to the ball. But now that everything had started he was realizing this was turning out to be the best school event he had ever been to, all the valentine's dances, Halloween feasts, and previous yule balls seeming inadequate in comparison solely because of his company.​

Smiling, Nixon averted his gaze to the ground as he was complimented again, feeling bashful. "You did tell me, but you look even better." The comment Tristan made about feeling lucky put Nixon through a bit of a loop, as he was sure he was the lucky one instead, attending the ball with someone like Tristan who was wholly much better than he would ever be. At a loss of how to respond he simply didn't and waited until another question had been asked to him before he could speak again. "I think the decorations are a little cheesy if I'm honest, but much better than the decorations at the valentine's ball." He answered, looking around and taking in his surroundings. When Tristan mentioned dancing Nixon nodded, agreeing that it was smarter to focus on that now so he wouldn't be leaving in a rush later on. "Sounds great, come on." He said, leading Tristan over to the dance floor.​

The way Nixon averted his gaze bashfully was adorable, and Tristan couldn't help smirking for a moment. He really did have a cute date, even if he would have to let him do his yearbook duties after a single dance. He didn't mind too much, as he was hoping he could catch up with some people at the event, though only after he'd been seen with Nixon for a good amount of time. He laughed gently. "Let's agree to disagree on that one, I'd rather not argue all night." He said softly, leading him further into the hall. His smile widened when Nixon called the decorations cheesy, and he was almost grinning by the time he was talking about the valentine's decorations. He had been willing to go along with some swooning over the beautiful decorations, but this brutal honesty was a lot better, especially because he completely agreed. "I know, right? I love the events, but the Valentine's decorations have made it tempting to claw out my eyes a few times." He said with a small laugh. "It has to be a pain to photograph that nicely for the yearbook, right?" He was willing to let Nixon lead him to the dance floor, but once they were there he was firm in taking the lead on the actual dance. He placed his hands on Nixon's waist, smiling. "I'm glad you agreed to come with me."He said softly.

Nixon laughed at Tristan's comment the valentine's decorations were bad enough he wanted claw his eyes out, because he completely agreed. Photographing them was in equal measures difficult, more so due to the pink and red colours clashing with the varying colours the students wore than anything else, as his troubles were for the most part due to this when he took photos of the couples that were loved up for the night. Luckily the colours used for the yule ball, although cheesy, were more universal meaning photos for the yearbook were much easier to capture. "It's totally a pain. I'm surprised the photos look halfway decent when the yearbook is done." He commented, pleased that not a moment later when he led Tristan onto the dance floor, the older boy took the lead with the dance itself, his hands feeling welcomed on Nixon's waist. Following the action, Nixon moved his hands to Tristan's shoulders. "I'm glad you asked me, it's great to ignore distractions and dance with a cute boy, even if it's only one dance." Nixon mused as he swayed slowly to the music, leaving out the fact both to himself and Tristan, that the distraction he was ignoring was Liam, successfully he realized as the thought to look around for his friend, or really thoughts of his friend at all were further away from his mind than they had ever been. "Your shoulders are very broad, by the way." He added, wanting to keep the subject light.​

The conversation was going smoothly, and it was obvious to Tristan he was easily charming Nixon, which was his intention. He enjoyed talking to the boy, though he really wasn't considering this very serious. He wondered if he should say something to that effect to Nixon, but why ruin the evening early? He smiled slightly when the boy confirmed what he'd said about the photos. "Maybe you can make them look decent because you're so talented."He said softly as he started to dance with the younger boy. He grinned when Nixon said he was glad he had asked him, and felt flattered by his comment. The reminder that it was only one dance wasn't very welcome, though. "Are you sure we can't stretch it to two?" He asked him, though he kept his voice light and teasing as he really didn't want to seem restrictive to the boy. Tristan laughed softly at his last comment, shaking his head slightly. "You're flattering me so much, I'm starting to wonder if you have an ulterior motive." He teased lightly.

Providing Tristan with an endless amount of compliments was exactly what Nixon wanted. Focusing on the qualities in Tristan he liked through compliments, allowed Nixon to focus on them himself, rather than allowing his mind to wander and obsess over where Liam was or what he was doing in that moment, while also ensuring Tristan enjoyed spending time with him, or so Nixon hoped. Giving compliments for the sake of light, pleasant conversation was his forte, and the perfect thing for this date. Accepting compliments, however, was impossible for Nixon, and in a typical fashion he looked down as Tristan spoke about his talent as a photographer. After the subject was comfortably changed to a possible second dance, he looked up again so their eyes could meet, a small smirk on his face. "Hmm, maybe." Nixon toyed, knowing full well he would agree to a second dance as the first had been amazing thus far. He did not want this flattery to end, nor his time with Tristan who was just as charming and charismatic, if not more, than Nixon first thought he was so another dance to prolong this time was one he would agree to with enthusiasm. The mention of an ulterior motive caused him to chuckle, moving to wrap his arms around Tristan's neck. "Just being honest, I swear." Nixon, responded with a hushed voice, fingers playing with the hair on the back of Tristan's head in an effort to distract him. To distract them both, really, as any mention of an ulterior motive reminded Nixon of everything he wanted to avoid.​

Tristan was enjoying the dance, swaying to the music while holding onto this cute boy was definitely a good way to pass the time. Whenever Nixon didn't seem to be paying close attention, however, Tristan chanced a glance around. He really wanted to see what Vivian was up to with his own date, and the fact that he hadn't spotted the other boy yet was making him nervous. Had they slipped out already? Together? What would they be doing away from the prying eyes of the teachers? But he had to focus on Nixon now, before the boy could start asking questions about his wandering attention. He thought the way the boy looked down when he got a compliment was pretty cute, but when their gazes met and he saw a small smirk on Nixon's face, he was a lot more attracted to him. There was more to this boy than met the eye, and he liked that. It made him want to find out more. "I hope I'm so lucky." He said softly, tilting his head slightly. "Though I don't want to deprive the yearbook of your wonderful pictures either. So I'll have to make sure I'm not too selfish..." He added softly, turning them around so he could see if Vivian was on the other end of the great hall. He was quickly distracted from that when Nixon wrapped his arms around his neck, and he looked at the boy with a small grin on his face. "I believe you." He answered in a quiet voice. He tightened his grip on Nixon's waist slightly, wanting to keep him close. The way he was playing with the hair on the back of his head was very distracting, but in the best way. "You look very trustworthy." He murmured with a slight smile. "Especially from this up close." He added, and he was clearly not unhappy with the other boy's proximity.

Nixon had decided he should definitely agree to dates more often and wondered why he had not considered dating earlier, knowing now how freeing it was to lose himself in someone else's company. Whether it be with Tristan or someone else, reveling in the closeness of dancing with someone was the exact distraction Nixon needed from his inner turmoil over Liam. He felt as if he was floating on a cloud, no longer burdened by hiding his feelings. It was difficult to avert his attention from Tristan as they danced, the closeness both inviting and intoxicating, but Nixon could not help it when the compliments over his photography continued. He wasn't sure how to respond, remaining silent in time with Tristan turning the pair of them around, unable to speak in so many words even as older boy commented on their closeness and Nixon's unflinching 'honesty'. Nixon hummed in acknowledgement, though before he could finally say something he found himself interrupted as the song changed, halting their first dance to an abrupt end. Lost in the moment, the music was the last thing Nixon had thought about, and the feeling their dance ended too soon began to set in immediately. He looked to either side and noticed the other couples on the dance floor, hands lowering from Tristan's neck as he stepped back, creating more distance between them. "Looks like it's time for our second dance, then." He finally said, hands returning to their place on Tristan's neck as he decided a second dance was exactly what he needed. His accio responsibilities be damned, they could wait another few minutes while he allowed himself to have fun for the first time in a while.​

Tristan tried to put Vivian from his mind, and kept his gaze focused on Nixon. He looked into the younger boy's eyes and smiled at him, enjoying the slow sway to the music together. A silence had fallen, but it wasn't uncomfortable. But then the song stopped, and Tristan blinked in surprise as he had forgotten for a moment where they were. He looked around when Nixon did, wondering if the moment was now over. But then Nixon placed his hands back on Tristan's neck, and asked for a second dance. "I'll cherish this final dance." Tristan said with a slight grin, placing his hands on Nixon's waist again. They were dancing a little less closely now, but maybe that was for the best. He had to keep a clear head, and Nixon was a lot more distracting than he would have thought beforehand. "I know you have important yearbook duties to attend to soon, but perhaps when the dance is over we can spend some more time together?" He asked him casually. It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if the boy said no, but it would be a shame. Tristan was enjoying their time together.

The distance between them when their dancing resumed was all too obvious, causing Nixon to crave the closeness they once had it as they swayed in time with the music. Though he wanted nothing more than to close this distance, wishing it wasn't him who had moved away to begin with, Nixon instead maintained it, thinking it was probably for the better as he was sure if he got so close to Tristan again he wouldn't be able to pull away. He kept his attention on Tristan's face, wanting to remember each one of the boy's features, moving his gaze to his lips when Tristan said he would cherish this dance. Hearing that Tristan was as enamored with their time together as Nixon was, further confirmed to him choosing to attend the ball with a date was worthwhile, and when he was asked if they could meet when the dance was over he wasn't able to say no. The promise of spending time with Tristan again in such close proximity away from the dance, the prying eyes of other students, and his time restrictions over the yearbook, was something he wanted more than anything. "We could meet on the second floor, maybe?" Nixon suggested the first location on his mind, assuming it would be quiet enough after the ball for a rendezvous, and not too far from Hufflepuff house so it was as if they were running into each other on their way to the common room.​

Last edited:
The distance between them remained for the dance, but that didn't diminish the attraction between them . He was sure Nixon was enjoying this as much as he was, and that if he really wanted to, he could even convince him to stay for a third dance. But Tristan didn't want to get too caught up in anything, and he definitely didn't want to give Nixon any expectations of permanence. Going on this date made Tristan realize he had been too chained down by October, and that he should get the chance to explore a bit more. He was glad when Nixon agreed to meet after the ball, and he nodded in agreement. "Sounds good." He said, smiling. He noticed how the boy had picked a place that would be fairly quiet after the ball, and wondered if that was on purpose. He rather thought so. "I look forward to it."

Nixon was also looking forward to meeting with Tristan later, the possibility of seeing the older boy again in a more private setting giving him motivation to get through his yearbook responsibilities. He was sure it would be worth the wait, and knew with this chance to see Tristan after the ball, it would be much easier to leave them when their second dance drew to a close. Knowing their dance would be over eventually Nixon focused on the moment, keeping his eyes tuned to Tristan's features and ignoring their surroundings. When the song did end sooner than he wished it would, Nixon sighed as he reluctantly moved away from Tristan, knowing he couldn't allow himself to stay for a third dance no matter how much he wanted to. Nixon's hands moved from the back of Tristan's neck to his chest, feeling the softness of the boy's shirt. "I'll see you later." He said, keeping his eyes on Tristan as he stepped further away. "Don't leave me hanging." Were his final words before he turned to head out of the great hall, needing to pick up his camera first before he returned to work for accio.​

Last edited:
Tristan sighed too when the song ended, and smiled slightly as the boy rested his hand on his chest for a moment. But then their time was up, and while Tristan wasn't too sad about it, he did think it was a shame. "See you later." He said in response, then he laughed softly. "Wouldn't dream of it." He added, gesturing for him to go. "Take some good pictures." He added, then turned away to get his bearings. He had some free time now, and he wondered if he could find someone else to pass the rest of the evening with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back