Out Of Place

Sydney Kirkland

OOC First Name
!Mimi!
Wand
15" Ebony Wand With Essence of Phoenix Tallon
Life had an interesting way of working out sometimes. Here Sydney was, scared out of her wits in the middle of Bleak Street. Just a few days ago she had been at her school in France, relaxing and just spending time with friends. But no, now she had to run errands for her father in the time she was supposed to be taking off to unwind from the anxiety she usually experienced during the second semester. She had just lately found distaste in this area, after all when she was a little girl she would practically beg her father to take her with him to run errands and to fetch things for work. Now she was older, and understood more fully the type of people that loitered around these parts. Sydney as a person wasn't like them in the least, but for the sake of her father's reputation she would at least act like she was.

Lost in thought, she hadn't realized that she had dropped something on her way out of a shop. When she did realize it, and started to head back for it, she bumped into someone. Anyone else would've just kept walking, not caring, but Sydney mumbled out a small apology. After all, the poor girl was just out of place.

Danton was in bleak street-he had come a few weeks ago to check it out, since he was going to be in school near here soon. Unfortunately, he had been way-laid on his last visit and hadn't gotten around to getting to know the place, also-his sister had gotten a book here a few weeks ago and he wished to make sure that she would be safe here, as she didn't want him trailing her all the time. Danielle was his twin-he was bound to be protective.

He was walking toward a shop, when he saw something on the ground, someone must've dropped it. He picked it up and looked around for the owner, when he was suddenly jolted by someone hitting into him, he was about to explode, what type of idiot were they, to hit Danton was to be ready for a whole new world of pain. He turned toward the offender, who was apologising, only to stop and catch his breath. It was a girl, a beautiful girl, but it wasn't that that stopped Danton, there was something about her, something in her eyes that suggested she was more than the pretty-little-girl she seemed to be, checking himself he smiled. "No need to apologise, it was my fault-I was getting this." he smiled, indicating the object he had picked up. "I'm looking for the owner."

Sydney rubbed the back of her head, unsure if he was really sorry, but it seemed that he was sincere and even a kind person. To be frank, this stranger seemed to be the only nice person she had run into all day. Everyone else in this area had just been crude and downright mean. To see a smile, even more on a cute guy, was simply dazzling. "U-Um... No, it was my fault. I walked into you." Inside, she slapped herself for stuttering, only for the fact that in most situations, she was quite eloquent.

Exhaling and placing a piece of her hair behind her ear, the girl smiled softly. "I'm Sydney Kirkland. Pleasure to meet your acquaintance, whoever you are." She never was one to ask another's name. It was much more in her taste for people to politely introduce themselves without needing a reminder. Though that was just the way she was brought up. In both types of worlds, she was used to dinner parties and mingling with all sorts of people. "And again, I'm really really sorry for walking into you... If it helps I didn't mean to." One plus about being away from school was that she didn't have to worry about maintaining a reputation, and she could actually act like the sweetheart that she was.

Danton smiled at the girls confusion. "It's fine, how about we agree to disagree?" he asked, laughing. He composed himself perfectly, as usual, but strangely comfortable. "So, what brings you here?" he asked, observing her. She was stunning, dark hair and perfect posture. Danton noticed things, posture was a sign of good-breeding, of course-he would have to find out her blood status.

"Danton Howard, at your service, Miss Kirkland." he smiled, nodding courteously and looking into her eyes. He disliked it when people didn't look you in the eyes while you were speaking. He was trying to figure out what type of girl she was, what type of family she was from, he knew he couldn't hang out with her if his family approved, but maybe if he liked her enough, he wouldn't listen to his family. "It doesn't matter, I'm sure I'll survive." he joked, smiling widely.

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry for late reply

OOCOut of Character:
It's alright ^_^

"Agreed." Sydney let out a small laugh, placing her hands behind her back and held her wrist between her thumb and middle finger. This was a nervous tick she had developed, even if prior to this she had pretended to be confident. In truth, deep down, she was just as shy around guys as the next girl. On her face was an ever constant smile, and she tilted her head to the side ever so slightly. Yet again, this was just a habit. She had many habits developed over a long span of time, not meaning to be developed, but they did anyway. There had been many attempts by the girl to break the habits to no avail.

'Danton,' She thought to herself, 'what a nice name...' She met eyes with him and smiled more. He seemed to be polite, which meant that he was most likely raised well. She didn't care much about that, but it was important enough to make a difference. Syd was young, but she wasn't stupid. She knew that in life she had to make connections to people who were equal or above her. Because in her mind there were none above her, it seemed that Danton could be seen as an equal in due time. When he cracked a joke, she gave a quiet laugh, trying not to be too loud and attract more attention than necessary. Something learned over time was that one had to pick times to be loud and quiet, and it seemed that most nowadays didn't know the difference. That sort of thing annoyed her constantly, but she never showed it. "It's nice to meet you as well, Mister Howard."

Danton laughed, he liked this strange, innocent girl. It was strange, he usually associated himself with people who had darker personalities, he still wasn't giving up hope that she would turn out to be more to his side of thinking. He smiled, his back straight, his shoulders back. An image of gentlemanliness, it was normal for him to loo like this, it was how he had been raised. Unfortunately, he hadn't really been raised by his parents, who were almost never around, he prefered his uncle-Andrew Huberta.

He smiled back at her, but he still wasn't sure of her-Danton wasn't a very trusting person, and he would take some time to get to know her. He hoped she came from a good family, and had no connection to any mudbloods-that would be a blot on this meeting. He smiled at her small, demure laugh-he liked girls to act like girls, but he didn't like those her acted like a delicate flower all the time and couldn't take some rough and tumble.

The young student raised an eyebrow at him, lip twitching into a slight smirk, her interest sparked for some reason. "So, why are you in such an interesting part of town as this?" It was strange to her that she had never seen him, or perhaps she had and she just never noticed until now. Obviously he wasn't a mudblood, well that's what her father called them. To her they were just regular people, which displeased her father without question. At the same time, she knew that she had to play the part that her family gave her. Her brother Austin hadn't, and now he wasn't considered her brother anymore.

Sydney shifted her belongings and, after some time, just chose to put them in her bag as a way to keep more comfortable. Though it did occur to her that it would be quite difficult to get it back out. Her bag was always filled with the most ridiculous things. For one she always had a book, money, quill and ink, a first aid kit (which was never needed due to her use of magic.) Whatever you needed at the moment, it was quite possibly in the light blue carrier that was constantly with her. Although at times, she forgot it all around the area, which always caused conflict. It was just funny to her, and she more often than not just laughed her way around while searching for it.

"Well, my sister, Danielle came here a few weeks ago and I want to make sure she isn't hanging around places where she could...cause trouble." Danton smiled, "And you?" he asked, tilting his head to the side. He certainly hoped she was of the right status for him to connect himself to-it would be a pity if she weren't-she was exceptionally beautiful, a pity for such beauty to be wasted. His family wouldn't be associated with anything less than at least a Halfblood who had closed connection with their muggle relatives.

"Trouble?" he asked, as she began fiddling with her things. "I can carry some things if you want." he offered-Danton wasn't ussually so helpful, but he was in a generous mood. His phone buzzed in his pocket.-Dorothy-demanding his whereabouts. He smiled up at Sydney. "Sister." he remarked, by means of explanation. He stuffed his phone back in his pocket, and turned back to Sydney.

"Running some errands for family." The girl replied vaguely, raising a brow to match his head tilt. "My stupid mother didn't even want me to go." She had always had a distaste for her mother. She was a half-blood, and never understood why Sydney's father did some of the things he did. And yet it was expected of her to roll with the punches, and that's what she did. Instead of asking what was going on, her mother would just throw lavish events to preoccupy her mind. But that, most likely, was why the two ended up divorced.

The girl let out a small laugh when his phone buzzed, understanding completely. "Ah, checking up on you I'm guessing?" Her brother would've done the same thing. Then again they didn't talk much more and it was an awkward subject to bring up for her. "And I'm okay, I have my bag and I can just carry it." A smile graced her lips once more and she paused, analyzing the boy. He was very attractive, which was usually a sign of good breeding, or just lucky genes.

"Interesting." Danton smiled. If she was running errands in this kind of place, maybe she was his type after all. Of course, he couldn't be too hasty. "I know, parents can be tiresome-I'm lucky in one sense, mine are almost never around to tell me what to do." he replied, stretching his neck, from side to side. He stared into the windows of the shops that he saw to his left and right. Dark, foreboding places. Danton smiled.

"Probably, Dorothy isn't well known for her patience." he smiled, his eyes lingering on her face. Yes, he had a feeling he could be around her, she seemed to be of a good background, as far as he could tell. "Okay." he replied, looking at the bag, he knew his sister Danielle might like it, but he could never be sure with Dani, they were so close, but they both had their hidden agenda's, and they didn't necessarily tell each other everything. "So. Do you go to school around here?" he asked, clasping his hands together behind his back and beginning to walk. Naturally he assumed she would walk with him-most people did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back