Martine Kinnek

Cleaner

Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Widow
Sexual Orientation
hetrosexual
Martine had been missing Casper, it had been so good to see him, and so nice for him to spend some time in the house with her. He was such a beautiful boy, such a pure and kind heart and she felt so pleased that after all the years of searching he was back in her life. She just had to tell Basil. They had spent so much together just the two of them, she worked hard and so did he. They were trying to best to claw the family back, but it seemed too surreal for it to be entirely true until it was confirmed that Casper would be staying. During the last time he'd been at the house Basil had been away, and now, they'd likely run into each other. She waited till Basil was home from his day and got to her feet. They ached from her long shift, but she moved to greet him as he walked in. "We've something to talk about," Martine told him in german, "Once you've cleaned up, can you join me in the kitchen?" Martine asked him, trying to keep her calm but feeling oddly nervous about it. She knew Basil would be happy to see his brother but after it being them for so long it would probably be a bit difficult.

It had been a long day at Quidditch practice, and Basil was ready to just collapse at home. He walked in, dropping his bag on the couch by the door and slipping off his shoes. He blinked as his mother immediately approached him, looking serious. "Sure, I'll be right down," He agreed, thinking something must have happened. He took a quick shower, throwing on some clean clothes before padding barefoot back down to his mother, his hair still damp. He fell into a kitchen chair, summoning over a drink. "What's up, Mami?" He asked, curious as he sipped his mineral water.

Martine sat at the table, fiddling with her hands, waiting for Basil to be ready and talk. She was sure it would be good, that she would tell him and everything was just fine really, it wasn't anything bad, but she knew that it was big. When he walked back into the room, Martine smiled fondly at him. he had been the oldest and most aware of what was going on, and the easiest to get back. She loved her son deeply, forever thankful for the forgiveness he'd show her. "I've been looking for your siblings, my other children, since they were taken from me, you know this. I recently managed to reconnect to Casper....," Martine started, looking at his face to see if she could read what he was thinking.

Basil waited for his mom to tell him what was wrong. He nodded as she started to speak. He knew she'd been looking for his siblings. His eyes lit up when she said she'd managed to find one. "Casper? The little blond with his front tooth missing that was always getting into the paints?" He asked, smiling. He didn't have many memories of his little brother, but he did remember a little toe head running around trailing his mothers paint everywhere. "That's great, Mami! How did it go?" He asked, leaning on the table a bit and offering out his hand to her in support.

Martine was surprised with what he remembered who Casper was in that detail, it wasn't much about him, but it was something, and it was something that was right. "Yeah," she replied and smiled with a bittersweet feeling in her chest. She just hadn't done right by her children, her husband would be rolling in his grave at what she'd done. "It went well..I think he's keen to move in here, his life was aparently not particularly good, so he's a bit tentative about things, but with time it'll get easier," Martine said to him with a little smile. "I know it's just been the two of us for a little while...so this'll be a bit of a change,"

Basil frowned when she said that Casper had a rough time of it, shaking his head and offering his hand out to her. "Mami, really, it's going to be great," He promised her. "Before you know it we'll have the girls back too and we can start over." He gave her a soft smile. "Tell me you aren't in your own head about all of this, Mami. You've got to forgive yourself." He tried to reassure her.

Martine gave a smile and nodded in agreement. "I think they've found Tara, which just leaves," and she trailed off, she wasn't sure if Tara would want to come she hadn't started that conversation and she was happy to just provide distant support. He looked at Basil and placed her hands on his cheeks, "You are a sweet boy and a good son, but you know I can't," She knew he meant well and it wasn't the first time he'd said it, but she wasn't ever going to feel like she could forgive herself, it had been her fault, all of this, all of what happened to them was because of her. "I can't change the past, but I can aim to be better now to all of you and make up for my mistakes, but I can't forgive myself,"

Basil brought his hand up to cover his, turning his head to press a kiss to her palm. "Mami. Can we make a deal?" He asked, giving her his best, most convincing smile. "You've found three of us now. There's only the baby left. Once we're all together again, and accounted for, will you promise me something?" He gave her his best pout. "Mami, if all of us forgive you, and are happy, will you please try to forgive yourself?" He asked her. "Things went wrong. But you're doing the best you can." He tried to reassure her.

Martine gave her son a smile, feeling the kindness and love that he was trying to impart on her. That she should forgive herself. She let him speak but didn't say anything. There was a moment of silence after he finished. She just didn't think she should, even if she got all of her kids back, she had still been the reason that they had all sufferered. She knew she could be kinder to herself about it, could make it less apparent to her dear Basil, but she didn't know how to, not when her children were coming back to her and she was seeing what she had caused. Martine moved a hand and rested it on his cheek. "I love you Basil, and I promise I will try, actually try, but some days will be easier than others. And it make a while before I am completely able to forgive myself.

Basil smiled and leaned in, kissing her cheek gently. "As long as you are trying, mami." He encouraged. He smiled a bit impishly, trying to catch her hands in his. "So, Mami, tell me about Casper. Do you get on well? What's he like?" He asked, urging her to tell him more about the meeting and how she'd fared with his brother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back