OOC First Name
Donna
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Curly 17 Inch Sturdy Ebony Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
Playing with paper was something Uno had learnt from a friend back when she was still a muggle. It was the coolest thing to do back then, before she had found out that magic was actually real, and not just a prank. But she hadn't done it over the last year, she had forgotten all about it until she went home over the holidays. It wasn't a great break, but she saw the small paper animals all over her room. Today, Uno felt the urge to make them again. She wasn't sure if she would remember how, but it wasn't going to stop her from trying. She had gone into the arts room and taken a bunch of paper before finding a spot on the ground, leaning against a bench in the Courtyard. Uno didn't want to be inside on such a nice day, even if it was still a bit chilly. Putting on foot on top of the other papers so they didn't fly away, Uno started cutting and moving the first sheet of paper in her hand, trying to remember how to make a stupid swan.

Alice missed her parents, even though she knew that was kind of silly. But now matter how many times she reminded herself that she was lucky to have all her sisters and her cousin around, she still wanted to see her mum and dad a little. She enjoyed being at Hogwarts, of course, but whenever she had nothing to do lately she just found herself thinking about it a little sadly. So she decided that now that she was caught up with her homework, she would head to the arts room to make them a really big and wonderful drawing about her time at Hogwarts to send home. Alice was sure they missed her too, even when they were both busy. Happy with her plan, she was already cheered up a little simply by the idea of it. Briefly, she considered asking her sisters to join in and help make it an even better drawing from all four of them, but she dismissed the thought. Diana was too sad and mopey, and Phoebe would probably make it something else entirely. It was also just kind of nice to do something that was only from her, instead of just participating in something her sisters did. But before Alice could go in, a sight outside the arts room stopped her in her tracks and distracted her a little. A girl from her year was sitting on the ground with a bunch of paper, and Alice watched curiously what she was doing. "Hi, Uno right?" She asked, wanting to make sure she had the girl's name right. Alice smiled brightly as she looked at the paper she was cutting. "What are you doing? Are you making something?" She had never talked to the girl, but knew her from her classes and remembered her from the talent show. Alice was always eager to meet more of her classmates, especially if she could learn something cool while doing so.

Vader felt nervous about his new Accio title, he had just hoped to be entirely learning from Zoe, and spend another year as essentially an intern, but he had been thrust into a position that felt a little beyond him. He felt a whole load of pressure from so many places, and boy did Vader not really know how to cope. But, as he tended to do when he was feeling a bit nervous, took pictures. It was almost a bit ironic to him that the thing causing him stress was also the way he was looking to de-stress with. He also felt a little like doing that would be useful, it would enable him to be able to achieve better in his role if he was still taking a whole lot of pictures. The boy was taking pictures of just about everything as he made his way out of the Accio area, of the windows, or the carvings on the walls, the people with their books, anything he could, trying to catch some candid pictures of the Hogwarts students as they went about their day to day business. As he made his way through the courtyard and to what was on the other side of this entrance way.
Vader wondered if going outside or staying inside would be better for him. He could control a few more things inside, but he had been getting frustrated from being stuck inside so much, and the dark room of the Accio area where he spent a lot of time, usually encouraged him to go outside after. He noticed a girl he knew Uno, who appeared to be playing with paper in the courtyard and that was his mind pretty made up.. He didn’t really have anyone to talk to currently, and she had liked posing for his camera so maybe she would again. It was as he got closer that he spotted another girl he knew, Alice, the nice girl. He hesitated, he knew them both individually but not together, but he knew he could do with the company. He could certainly do with the company, so Vader headed on over to them, ”Hey guys,” Vader said, he wasn’t sure he’d ever given his name to Uno, but he had given it to Alice, ”Do you mind if I take some pictures of what you’re doing?” he motioned to the paper, figure that they were doing something with it.

Upon hearing a voice, Uno looked up at a girl standing, before nodding her head at the girl's query for her name. "Samantha right? No - Natasha... Bridget?" Uno tried, having absolutely no idea of what the girl's name actually was. She didn't focus too much on the other people around her, unless they seemed like someone she'd want to be friends with, like Gideon. What was the point in learning someone's name unless you wanted to hang out with them? Uno held the paper out in front of her to make sure all the angles were straight, before beginning to fold in what she hoped was the right way. Hearing the girl's question, Uno rolled her eyes. "No, I'm swimming." She replied. Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer.
Thankfully, Vader joined them soon, and she gave a small laugh. "Hey dude - of course! I mean, she's not really doing anything but go for it."

Alice was glad she had gotten the girl's name right, but giggled at her attempts in turn to guess hers. "It's Alice." She said with a smile. "Though I kind of like Natasha." She added with a grin. The looked at the paper, but didn't miss the girl rolling her eyes. Alice kept smiling, determined to make a friend out of Uno even if she wasn't being the most friendly person herself. "Interesting swimming technique." She quipped, leaning closer to look at the paper. "So, what are you folding?" She added, hoping that some genuine interest in what she was doing would get her to stop being so sarcastic. She looked up when Vader approached and asked if he could take pictures of what they were doing. She was about to answer that it was up to Uno, since she was the one doing something, when the girl made that very clear herself. Alice's smile slipped slightly, but she didn't want to judge this girl on the single interaction. She kept her expression cheerful as she stepped back slightly. "Uno is the one doing something." She said, gesturing to the paper. "I was just asking. You know, showing some friendly interest." She said with a shrug.

Vader glanced at Uno and then towards Alice and smiled at them both, he didn’t really mind who was doing them, he just thought it would be cool to take some pictures of it, ”I don’t mind” the boy shrugged a little as he took a seat on the ground and looked towards them both. He held up the camera and focused it a little more. He hadn’t really taken pictures of smaller things, not with this magical camera. He adjusted it slightly and scooted back a little. ”Do you think once one’s done that one of you could get it to float in the air and I can try to take a picture of it,” The Gryffindor wasn’t sure if they would be able animate it. But, he would try to take a picture of it floating upon the air as if it was a swan. He wouldn’t mind how it took, or how long Uno took to actually make it. ”Or someone could hold it in their hands,” Vader wasn’t particularly looking at either of them just adjusting his camera so that it was ready to be used. He finally glanced up at them both and smiled at them, he was sure it would be good use for him, it would be good to de-stress and focus on just getting better with his pictures.

Uno couldn't help but smile at the girl saying she liked the name Natasha. It definitely was a better name than Alice...and Uno for that matter. Uno barked out a laugh when she called her out on her swimming technique, though she didn't look up at her, and picked up her scissors to trim a wonky edge. When the girl asked what she was making, Uno paused for a moment, and held it out in front of her. "It's supposed to be a swan... It kinda looks like one. I've made tons more better ones at home anyway." Uno said quickly, in case the girl thought she was bad at doing it.
Uno looked over at Vader when he asked if they could float it, but she wasn't sure she wanted her name attached to such an abomination. She laughed when he said one of them could hold it. "I was wondering why you didn't want to photograph me. I was such an amazing model last time." Uno teased. She held up the very badly made swan to Alice. "But that's okay, Natasha can hold it or float it, I'm bored of it."

Alice looked at the paper in Uno's hands, tilting her head to one side, and then the other. "I think it looks like a swan. At least, like a bird." She said optimistically. "See? I think this is the beak, right?" She guessed, pointing at one part that looked beak-like to her. As Vader asked if one of them could float it, Alice was happy to volunteer. But she was quickly distracted by the exchange between Uno and Vader. "Wait, you modeled for him? That's cool!" She said, grinning at them both in turn. She laughed when the girl called her Natasha again, and took the swan from her. "I can hold it, but we could also take a picture together with it, if you want." She said, not wanting to take credit for something she didn't do. "Unless you don't want that, Vader? Then we could both model. Though I can float it too, I don't mind." She then turned to look at Uno. "Also, if you call me Natasha, can I make up a new name for you too?" She pondered if for a moment. "How about... Christina?"

Vader didn't particular think the swan was that bad, he could see that it would be hard to do, so he didn't mind how it looked. He nodded in agreement with Alice as she pointed out where the beak was, "It's good!" Vader tried to assure uno, but he was already fixing up his camera to get it ready, glad that at least Alice was doing that. He did grin a little at what Uno said, "You were my best model after all," he agreed, she had at least been willing to help him out and he could say that the pictures he'd taken of her had come out really well, "Those pictures I took of you came out so well, I can show you at some point if you'd like?" he offered but he was more interested in getting a picture right now of the little swan like paper. It was good and floating added some mystery to it, but it was still very much paper like. "I wish we knew how to enchant it properly," the boy said with a little sigh, pulling the camera down, it was clear he wasn't too happy with the shot, and he didn't want to take it. Perhaps Alice was right, they could both pose in the picture and have that in the center. He stood up and began changing things on he camera, "If you guys wanna pose I can do that, but you have to move in the pictures, if you don't the pictures are still and can be dull," he reminded them both though he was sure Uno knew that, it was a thing he had mentioned before to her in the last occasion.

Uno couldn't help but smile as the two of them complimented her work. She sat up a bit straighter, and nodded her head with a small smile when Alice seemed impressed that she had modeled for Vader, and when Vader complimented her again on her modeling skills. Uno could definitely get used to this being complimented life. She nodded her head towards Vader, keen to see the photos but didn't want to seem overly enthusiastic. "Yeah, that'd be cool. I mean, of course they came out well, but it'd be nice to see them. I guess." Uno said, with a small shrug of her shoulders, trying to keep cool. Uno nodded at Vader's instruction and stood up. "You could throw it in the air for the picture and I'll Wingardium Levi-whatever it." Uno suggested to Alice, before pulling a face at the name she suggested. "Okay, but only if it's like, after Christina Aguilera or something."

Alice looked curiously at Vader as the boy set up the camera, it did look a little complicated. She glanced at Uno when he said she was his best model, wondering if maybe she had modeled before or something. She was certainly confident enough. As he suggested they both pose, she looked at Uno for confirmation, but the Slytherin gave a different idea. Alice was happy to go along, and she nodded. "Wingardium Leviosa." She pointed out, figuring the girl would need to know the spell if she was going to use it on a flying projectile. "Okay! And I'll try to look cool while throwing it." She told with a glance at Vader. "Wait, who?" She asked as she turned her head to Uno, she had never heard of that name before. But she quickly tried to focus. "Okay, I'm going to throw it. Three... two... one.. go!" She threw it into the air with a flourish, hoping that Uno could use the spell on it before it fell onto the ground.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back