Opening up

Damien Blade

OOC First Name
Johanna
Damien walked out of the school.Even though he disliked the school he wanted to get a good look at it.He had already explored all of the inside and he had gone over t=most of the grounds and now he found himself in a place called the Rosebush. He instantly liked it when he entered it was quiet and calm just what he needed after a stressful few. Damien didn't think the school was as bad as he had initially thought,it was really the people that bugged him.He didn't trust a single one of them and he wasn't going to let anyone inside.He was perfectly content with the few friends he had back in New York though they would be wondering where he had gone.He sighed and sat down at the base of a tree and started to hum a few lines to a song he knew.

School was slowly getting better for Isabella. She was starting to get the hang of things. It was so much different than her old school in Italy it had taken some time to adjust. Now that she was more comfortable at Hogwarts she had found she liked to spend most of her free time outside. It really was a beautiful place to be. Bella had already found the garden and all the flowers were lovely. She had always loved flowers and being outdoors so it was nice to know she had a place to go. But today she was going somewhere different, the Rosebush. She had heard other kids talking about it, and she wanted to go check it out for herself. When she got there she was surprised to hear the soft hum of a familiar song. Wondering who it was she followed the sound and saw a boy about her age sitting under a tree. She was surprised to find someone else here as many of the other students were home on break. She walked over near the boy and smiled, "It's peaceful here isn't it?" She hoped he wouldn't mind her disturbing him, but Bella had a feeling he wouldn't.

Damien had to say that the school was a lot better than he originally thought.It was nice to know that he wasn't the only freak as he had been called at home here though he was sure lots of people didn't think they were freaks.he had met a few people from different houses and he realized that they all had very different types of personalities and he guessed that is why you were divided.He didn't like most of the people in Slytherin but he liked everyone else and that was a first.The fact he ad even talked to a few people was a first for him.But it was something about the people here,they weren't like the people at home.He did like that and for once he was glad he had listened to his aunt. He opened his eyes and stopped singing when he heard someone beside him talk.He was a bit surprised that she had been able to sneak up on him like that. He nodded his head in agreement. "I like it here"He said. He missed his aunt.She had always been there for him and she had been his best friend.She was the only person who had bothered to take care of him and for that he was forever grateful. He decided it was rude to just let the girl stand there so he patted the space beside him "Wanna sit?"He asked.He wouldn't be entierly surprised if she said no.he was after all a complete stranger but she looked the same age as her. "I'm Damien by the way"He said a small smile on his lips.

Isabella smiled when Damien asked her to sit. He seemed friendly, and that was something that Bella looked for in a friend. That was what she was really working at here at Hogwarts, making friends. She had never had that many friends Italy, she had always been too different. People had purposely avoided her and her family. Not only did strange things happen to her and he two older brothers, but she had always been the girl with the queer brother. She had never told Neiko how much she had went through because of him, and she planned to keep it that way. Bella loved her brother and supported his decision even if their parent's didn't. Coming back to reality she looked back at the boy, Damien. "Sure." She said answering his question and taking a spot next to him underneath the tree. "I'm Isabella." She said giving off a hint of her Italian accent. She wanted to get talking with Damien and it was always nice to start with where you come from. She normally hid her accent very well, even better than her brothers and they told her so. Sometimes they joked her English was better than her Italian.

Damien smiled when she sat down.Then he shook his head.He had really changed and the scary thing was he had changed his view of people in the space of,what...two days? He wasn't sure if it was a good or bad thing.He decided not to think about it for the moment.When she said her name,he noticed the slight Italien accent.Coming from New York you got about twenty differnt types of nationalities a day.Isabella seemed nice,though theres always the saying don't jude a book by its cover.Damien didn't think that was relavint in this case.Everyone except for some of the Slytherins seemed nice.He wondered what house she was in. "Nice to meet you Isabella"He said smiling.She looked pretty but he pushed those thoughts instantly away. "So,I'm guessing by the sligh accent that your from Italy?"He asked looking up towards the sky.The branches of the tress covered most of the view but Damien could still make out the spots of blue.

Isabella smiled at Damien, he had known her accent right off the bat. It made her wonder where he came from to know it but she figured if they talked some she would find out. "Yeah I moved into New Zealand a few months ago to live with my brothers and go to school." She said going back to her flawless English automatically. "I'm surprised, not many people can pick out a Italian accent." If Isabella let her accent through most people could tell she was foreign, but not many could pin-point where she was from. Following Damien's gaze she saw he was looking at the sky. The tall trees made it hard to see but you could just make out spots of a clear blue sky. Things at Hogwarts truly were beautiful which had made it a lot easier for Bella to leave home. Things here were just the same in terms of landscape, but the people made it all worth wild. Here she was accepted for what she was where as at home even her father tried to deny that all three of his children had become wizards. Bella he could understand because of her mother, but he and his wife were both muggles so to have two muggleborn sons had been very rare.

Damien smiled at her surprise.It was unusual to be able to pin point somebodies accent but living in New York you will meet every type of nationality.He had tasted food from all around the world. "When you live in New York you hear tonnes of different accents a day and plus one of my bosses was Italian"He said smiling. He had loved exploring New York.Because he had gone to such a crappy school he had often gone to the centre of New York instead of school.He learned a lot more that way.He could speak fluent French and a small bit of Spanish and Italian.It was mostly from hanging around the backs of resteraunts to get some food.Because his aunt had many jobs she didn't have much time to cook and it never was much.He would often look for work in all sorts of places and these small foreign resteraunts were often the best place.He looked back down after looking at the sky for a while."So what part of Italy do you come from"He asked looking at her again.He wished he had his guitar with him,this would be a great place for him to play.Instead he started humming softly the lyrics to Nothing by the Script.

Isabella smiled, 'New York that explains it.' She thought to herself. Bella had been to New York once with her father. He was on business a lot being as good a lawyer as he was, and he had wanted her to go and see it. It had been like Damien said a person of a different nationality everywhere you looked. But she couldn't imagine living there. "The melting pot of the world. I visited once." She said look at Damien. "Let me guess, you worked in a pizzeria?" She said referring to his boss. Bella knew a few families in her area that had moved to America in hopes of opening up there own authentic restaurant and making it big. Damien asked her what part of Italy she came from and her thoughts strayed back to the beach house where her parent's lived. It really had been great growing up there, for her anyways. It was her brothers who had been hurt so much by their father. "Genoa, Italy. It's towards the top right on the water." Isabella had always wished that they lived farther down in the country when she was little, closer to Rome. But looking back now she wouldn't have wanted to be anywhere else, the rocks and water, she wouldn't have wanted to miss any of it. Damien started humming again, but this time she really did know the song. Nothing by The script. They were a Irish band and were widely known all throughout Europe. She couldn't help but smile, she really liked them and here there was a boy from America humming one of their songs. Before she could think about it she sang a little under her breath, "Am I better off dead, Am I better off a quitter? They say I'm better off now..." She looked down at her hands. She had a pretty enough voice but it wasn't like her to just sing in front of someone she barley knew. 'So why did I do it?' She wondered to herself.

Damien smiled at Isabella's name for New York.If you were visiting for the first time it was a bit of a shock to the system.But growing up there especially in the rougher parts you got used to it.Even though he had had bad experiences in New York,he still loved it.It was his home and he had loved going to Central Park and walking around New York at the night time with all the lights.Christmas was the best time there,the atmosphere was always great and the extra lights made New York look even prettier. Damien laughed "Yup ,pretty nice on compared to others"He said.It had been a fairly decent one and the people working there had always been so nice to him.Damien nodded when she described where she lived.He wasn't exactly sure where sure where it was but he had definately heard of it before.He wasn't sure would he like to live anywhere but New York.He wasn't sure if his aunt would of been able to afford a house(or flat in their case) in a country like Italy.He wished he had more money so he could give it to his aunt.She had given up her whole life to him and he was glad he was gone now because she had a chance to pursue her musical career.Even though he wouldn't admit it he had inherited his aunts talent for music.She had said that his grandfather had been a fantastic pianist before things had gone bad.He didn't like to think of his grandparents though they made him feel sick.He was surprised when Isabella started singing the words of Nothing.He hadn't even realized she could hear him. She had a nice voice and he was surprised when she stopped singing "Then I ever was with her.As they take me to my local down the street,I'm smiling though I'm dying trying not to drag me feet"He finished for her.

Isabella blushed faintly as he finished for her. She wasn't really sure why she had started singing, it wasn't like her. But it had happened and she wasn't sure why but she had got goosebumps when Damien finished the line. Isabella was really into music, it was something that made her really happy. Whether she was dancing or singing to it, she just felt right. And here with Damien, she didn't know what to think, but she could feel and she was sure they were going to be friends. Isabella loved that about herself, when she connected with someone it was pretty evident and she made sure to work at a friendship. Even though Isabella had never had many friends she was the best kind of friend, she would be whatever you needed when you needed it. It really was a shame she hadn't had many friends in Italy because she really was a very sociable person and liked to be around other people. "That's one of my favorite songs." She smiled, turning back to Damien. Bella knew she could never pick one single favorite song but Nothing was defiantly in the top ten.
OOCOut of Character:
I'm sorry it took so long, my laptop has had a virus :(

Damien smiled when she saw the faint blush on her cheeks.She was a really nice singer and he wondered why she was blushing.She seemed really nice and Damien was glad he had met her.Damien really liked singing it was his life basically.Damien had never really been a social person,but since entering Hogwarts he had made quiet a lot of friends and this was strange for Damien,because he usually didn't trust people but there was something about the people here that made him trust them.It was a weird feeling and he hoped he would stick friends with them for a long time. Isabelle,he was sure would be a close friend. "Same,I love the script"Damien said leaning back on the tree. The rosebush really was a nice place and Damien knew he would be returning here."So what other songs do you like?"He asked

Isabella smiled when Damien asked her what other songs she liked, "Well it's a long list really. I listen to a lot of music but I like pretty much everything by The Script and The Fray. Some of my favorites are Love the way you Lie, Free Falling, Jessie's Girl, She will Be loved, Don't stop believing, Who i am hates who I've been. Like I said it's a long list cause' that's not even counting the foreign stuff" Bella said laughing a little. "I listen to virtually every type of music it's just to hard to narrow it down." Bella really listened to music depending on her mood some days she wanted meaningful or fun. Then there were the days she just wanted to sing and play her own music which she didn't play just one genre. "Music's pretty much my whole life so." She grinned, she knew she was good at sports and they were entertaining but they could never compare to her passion for music. "What about you?" Isabella was curious, the kind of music someone listened to could tell you a lot about them.

Damien grinned at her long list.His would certainly be very long too. He liked bands but also lots of solo artists.He didn't know some of the songs she said though he recognized some.Damien laughed "Same"He said.he loved music he would be nothing with out it.If he hadn't had music he probably would of gone done a different road,a bad one at that.His guitar was his one and only possession,he didn't really own anything else,his compositions and his guitar meant everything to him,with out them he didn't know what he would do.Damien nodded "Same"he said,it literally was everything to him "Well I like all songs by Cold Play,Take That,The Script,Snow Patrol,Rihanna,Beyonce,Katy Perry and people like that, my favorite song would be Fix you and a whole bunch of others"Damien said smiling.It was a pretty varied list,,but they were his favorite none the less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back