Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Flavio) (Pansexual
Wand
Knotted 12 Inch Swishy Ivy Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Kauri had done okay in most of his classes last year, but he had definitely had a few struggles, mainly in Astronomy and Charms. He didn't want to give up on the subjects, but it definitely wouldn't hurt to get in a bit of revision before classes really got underway. He was sure his exams would only be getting more and more difficult as time went on, and going over the things he had struggled with last year seemed important. He found a quiet spot in the library with only one other person, and approached the boy with a cheerful smile. "Hi! Do you mind if I join you?" He didn't sit down right away, waiting for the boy's response. He glanced over the books on the table, realising they looked familiar. "Oh! I did this stuff last year! Do you want some help?"

Despite the fact that it was only the start of the new year, Patrick found himself sitting in the library, nervously going over everything that he had to learn. He wanted to get a good start as he didn't want to fall behind with everything that he had to keep up with. After all, he much preferred to teach himself as he could do it at his own pace, but Patrick could still feel the stress building up in him, hoping he was able to cover as much as he could. He was reading through his Potions textbook when an older boy had walked over to him, asking to sit down. Patrick looked around, shrugging at the fact there wasn't an empty table, even though it was the start of the new year. "Go ahead." Patrick muttered to him. When he offered to give him help, he couldn't resist, and was thankful for the boy's kindness. "Yes, please." he responded, a small smile on his face.

Kauri was pleased that the younger boy seemed eager for his help, happily taking a seat across from him. "Awesome!" Kauri always liked helping people, and helping someone else out with it would probably be a much better way to get the material he wanted to revise to stick in his brain than just reading it over and over. "I'm Kauri. This is all third year stuff, right? What are you working on at the moment?" Despite his troubles, both in his personal life and in class, Kauri had really enjoyed everything he learned in his third year. It would be good to get a chance to revisit it, and hopefully make a new friend in the process.

The boy seemed really excited to help him, and Patrick smiled at him, hoping he would make a friend out of this too as he didn't know very many older students. He introduced himself as Kauri. "I'm Patrick." he added, figuring it was a good idea to introduce himself too. He nodded at his question. "I'm reading my potions textbook." he replied, turning the book on the table so Kauri could see it too. It was opened to the page about the Shrinking Solution. "I just can't brew potions. I mean, it looks easy when you see it written down, but none of it really makes sense at the same time, you know? Like, how are the daises supposed to be chopped? Does it even matter?" Patrick sighed, not really sure how Kauri could help him but trying his best to explain his troubles nonetheless. Hopefully Kauri was better at the subject than he was.

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry this took me a while!

((No worries :) ))

Kauri smiled at the younger boy, pleased to make a friend. "Nice to meet you, I'm Kauri." He said happily, then looked down at the boy's book, skimming over the familiar pages. "Oh! I really like Potions, I can definitely help you." He said happily. "My mum's a chef, so it's basically the same kind of thing." Looking over the recipe, Kauri listened to Patrick's problem, nodding. "I think if the instruction doesn't give a specific kind of chopping you can just do whatever feels right. Like, sometimes it'll say fine chop or rough chop, but if it's not specific it doesn't really matter. You can always ask though, Professor Pendleton's super helpful." Kauri added, not wanting to give bad advice if he wasn't totally certain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back