One Step More

Isla Smith

Sexual Orientation
Flexible
Isla Jacobs was on a mission. One that she had been planning for a number of months. Secretly, whilst her grandmother was away, Isla had been tracking down those members of her family that had been stripped from the tapestries. She'd never agreed with her Grandmothers stance on family and how it could so easily be thrown away and so when she had been chosen to be the next head of the family, she had been all too happy to accept. It had been hard, pretending to hate those members of her family that her Grandmother did, yet it had been worth it. She'd even had to force her own twin into a loveless marriage to satisfy her Grandmothers lust for power in all things. Poor Meredith was married to a man much older than her and Isla knew she was miserable, though for the time being there was nothing that the twenty three year old could do about it. Everything her Grandmother stood for was archaic and old fashioned, something Isla quite hoped to rectify. Isla hadn't been allowed to marry for love, which still hurt her to this day, yet she had grown to appreciate her husband and they'd had a child together, whom she adored. So it was not something she would ever give up. However she would be happy to allow her brothers and sisters to reclaim their rightful place on the Smith family tree and to bring their loved ones with them. If that meant that she accepted a Werewolf, a mixed blood or a half breed, then so be it. She would never begrudge her family the right to live their own lives, she wasn't able to, so she would be damned if she allowed her Grandmother to ruin everyone else's life in the process.

This was the reason that Isla found herself in Australia now, wearing muggle clothes and not using any of her magic. Her Grandmother could trace her magical signature if she ever used magic for even the smallest thing, so once she had gone incognito, she had decided against using any magic. It was difficult, as she had no idea how these muggle devices worked, but Kialla had given her a quick crash course when she'd found her in the first couple of weeks of her search. Just watch the muggles, she'd said, follow what they do. It had been the mantra she had been living by for just over a month and so far it was doing well. She pointed to the corner she wanted to be dropped off at and smiled at the muggle who was driving her around. "Thank you. I truly appreciate your generosity." Isla made to get out of the transport when she was told to stop. "Where's my money?" Isla gasped and sat back in the back. "Oh I am terribly sorry, sir. Please forgive me." She immediately went rifling through her bag for the muggle money she had acquired and pulled out a couple of bills. "Would this be enough to cover the journey?" The face of the driver when wide in a grin and he nodded enthusiastically. He immediately grabbed the rectangles out of Isla's hand and got to counting them. "Yes, thank you missus, thank you. I'll wait right here for ya missus." Isla blinked, shrugged and proceeded to get out of the transport in favour of the ground. She most certainly did not like muggle contraptions, they looked so dangerous. Isla looked around, wondering where she might find Abel. He should be around here somewhere, Parker and Kialla had tracked him to Australia, and to this general area, but, she did not know where to look. Was there a magical area near by that she did not know about? Isla sat on the near by fountain and immediately began playing with her wand. Perhaps she could send for him? If only not for the fact that her Grandmother would become suspicious. She really needed to figure out where her brother was, and quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back