OOC First Name
Madz
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Briar ♥
Dederick smiles down at his daughter, "Good, you shouldn't be. You've always been my strong little girl. Now, you're my strong big girl. Just like your mum," Dederick chuckles. He can't believe how fast time has passed them by. One minute she was small and he could lift her up with just one hand around her small back. The next, she was doing her own thing and making her own friends. Dederick loved that about his daughter she was her own person and no one can change that about her. She was as stubborn as Briar and fiercely protective over others. He got a good sense of that when she was around her cousin, who just happens to be older than Willow. However, one can tell if you spend some time around them, one can tell who was protective over the other. "Yeah, I do sometimes. It's rough out there," Dederick wipes away her little foamy mustache. "Goofball," he laughs. Dederick gave her innocent squeeze by the shoulders. Dederick finished off the last bit of hot cocoa left in his mug. He set the mug down and for some reason, he fixed his gaze outside staring out the window. There was something out there, something bulky standing out there that caught his attention. Dederick fell silent glaring at the mysterious intruder.

Willow laughed as her dad said that she had always been a strong girl like her mum, "no you are the strong one, you keep going even if you are scared" she said. she and mum never needed to be strong. they just did whatever she wanted to. they weren't afraid to stand out but that was their only strength. it was her dad who she looked up for being strong as she knew he wasn't as confident as them he had had bigger struggles but he still always did what was right. she was a little surprised that he actually got seasick. he seemed about as home on the boat as her mum was in the forest and as she was, well she didn't know quite what environment she felt most at home in. she giggled as her dad wiped the foam moustache off her face. and called her a goofball. she gave him a big cheeky grin but then she realised that his attention had moved. he was looking at something outside of the window. "what is it, dad?" she asked. wondering if he saw something. both of her parents had a slightly better night vision than her. it wasn't that she needed it almost as if someone was listening to the sky lit up with only two seconds before the thunder. and in the brief instant of light willow saw some figures standing in the darkness under the tree on their front lawn she couldn't tell if they were looking out onto the road as if gauging if they should move on from under the tree or if they were looking at the house as if summing up confidence to do something. Of course, as is the nature of lightening it only lasted a second and as soon as the instantaneous flash of light was gone she was left wondering if she had actually seen something or if it was just a trick of the light. "Did you see that?" she asked hoping he was not just being jumpy.

Last edited:
Dederick stood up abruptly to fetch his wand from where he last left it at, which was on the wooden table in the kitchen. He refrains from using it constantly, as he liked working much more with his hands. Dederick returns to the spot, standing over his daughter with his wand hidden from her sight. "I did, I'm going out to check it. You stay here, don't follow me. Don't wake up your mum unless it's absolutely necessary," Dederick firmly instructed her, making it perfectly clear she does not have his permission to follow him. He warns her again, cupping the side of her face. Gently he squeezed then vanish from the spot, Dederick appeared a good safe distance away from the figures. Casting lumos, Dederick held the light to the intruders ready to act on impulse if he needed to. He lightly pelted by the rain, getting drench by the second. Dederick asks for their business here, why they were trespassing on a private residence. They stood mute until the tallest of two cloaked figures dropped their hood revealing their identity to him. Dederick draws in a hitched breath, licking his wet lips as he slowly drops his arm to the side. "Elie," the man spoke up, chest tightening up being overwhelmed by nostalgic feelings creeping up on him. The worn out woman nodded, bring herself to warily step to the older sibling. The small cloak figure at her side clung to the woman's side, almost like they were afraid for the woman's safety. Elie stops, hugging the person. The woman tugs the other's cloak down revealing a small child that resembles Elie, almost a carbon copy in younger form. Dederick felt his heart leap before he spoke up again. "Alison."

Willow moved away from her dad as he stood up and watched as he went into the kitchen before returning. she could tell that he was hiding something. she listened as he told her to stay where she was she nodded her head once but more to say she had heard not to sat she was going to follow. well, she probably wouldnt wake up mum. what she didn't anticipate her dad vanishing. she peered out of the window and could see him standing in the garden. She stood up the blanket still around her shoulders. she made her way over to the kitchen herself and reached for the shelf where they always kept the keys before she grabbed her mum's bunch. she then went to the front door and tried them in the lock. it was the third key she tried that finally turned. she opened the door a crack. the sound of the wind whistled though she heard her dad say something. it didn't sound angry or intimidating. he spoke again and this time she caught the tone. it was almost happy. she pulled the blanket tighter around her shoulders and stepped outside. quickly covering the distance to her dad's side standing close to him using him a bit like a shelter from the wind. "who is it?" she said looking from her dad to the lady and child nearby.

This must be him, Alison regard in silence as her mother pushes down her cloak to reveal herself to Dederick. Her uncle, he looks a lot like her mother. Except he wasn't tired and weak from exhaustion. Her mother has seen better nights, sadly this wasn't one of them. Alison's small hand found her way quickly at her mother's side, tugging the thick hem with her small fingers. It wasn't shyness that she felt when she saw her uncle, he may as well be her mother's twin. They all look alike, it's just the other thing came to her mind so suddenly. The thing that made him dangerous on a full moon night, the thing that kept her mother away for so many years. Elie loved her brother, Alison heard the woman always expressed fondness over them. She always told Elie their relationships were complicated and that one day (or night) she will understand why she kept Alison away. It was amongst old journal entries and her muggle father's persistence for the truth that made it all clear that Alison somewhat understood now. It just didn't have to come out in the manner that it did, and now everything all wrong. Everything not right, and Alison can't help herself to blame their troubles on her uncle, and possibly the rest of his family. Alison tugs back on her hoodie seeing another emerge beside him, his daughter? Her cousin? Maybe. Alison averted her eyes down to the ground, playing out the act of shyness. Their troubles maybe her uncle's fault, but there was nowhere else to go. Elie couldn't track down the oldest Cullen, Dederick was their only option for the time being. "Willow," the tired woman cracked a faint smile, recognizing the girl from photographs of yesteryears. "You've grown so fast..."

Last edited:
All types of emotions were jumping out all at once, the one that felt the strongest was the feeling of shock and happiness combined. It's been quite a long time since he last saw his baby sister, and here she was in the flesh with the niece he sadly never met but in photographs. Dederick wanted to gather them up in a tight hug, though he stayed rooted to the spot. From the looks of it, his niece seems withdrawn and his sister, tired and weak. He would guess they traveled far to get here, with magic it was easier but he can't tell right away how they manage to find this place. He certainly had dozens of questions already swirling in his head. "Willow, I thought I told you to stay put," the man snapped his head to the side, shaking it in disapproval. "She never listens," Dederick jest, hugging the teen close to his side. "Willow, this is your aunt Elie, and your cousin, Alison," Dederick introduce them properly. Though he shared a few memories with his children about his siblings, never enough in fear he would have to tell them about their granddad, his father. Photographs were kept, yes, but stories and memories of the past remain locked away in his mind. After all these years, Dederick remains to this day to be very private about most things in his life. "Let get you all out of this rain, Willow fetch us some towels will you love," Dederick prompts them to follow inside where it was a lot warmer and comfortable than the pouring rain. This may turn out to be a long night than any of them expected to be.

Willow watched the newcomers curiously. and smiled when the lady said her name nodding before blushing slightly as she said that she had grown so fast. she was growing but not that much not like her cousin. as her dad said that he had told her to stay put she rolled her eyes. "like I would do that and miss out on the excitement." she said. leaning towards her dad.
as his dad introduced their new visitors. She had heard of her aunt Ellie, apparently, she and her dad had been close when they had been young but had drifted apart when he had gone to school. She smiled. "Hello Auntie Ellie, hello Alison. it is good to actually meet you. dad's told me hardly anything about you she said walking over to her aunt and cousin and giving them each a light hug and mock glaring at her dad over their shoulders. She nodded as her dad asked her to get some towels. the sentence was punctuated by another flash of lightning and roll of thunder. "Come on. dad makes the best hot chocolate." she said gesturing her cousin towards the house.
she emerged from the bathroom with a few clean dry towels as well as a dry pair of pyjamas for Alison if she needed them. she used another smaller towel to dry her own hair. "are you coming to visit us for the holiday?" she asked. she hadn't heard anyone mention that they were coming to stay but while she was good at listening in to conversation she wasn't going to say she never missed anything.

Elie returns the warm hug to her niece, while Alison froze in place. The wolf girl, my cousin, she touching me! Alison shouted without moving her cold, wet lips which concluded that her screams were silent. It didn't stop her eyes from nearly bulging out of their sockets. Elie nudges her daughter who instantly softens her features, familiar with what that nudge meant. Behave, Alison, for Merlin's sakes! "He didn't, why am I not surprised," Elie spoke in a light tone, smiling tiredly at her brother and niece. Elie pushes Alison to the house to get warm, the young girl followed her older cousin into the house. Elie stays back to converse with her brother in private, thanking her niece for getting Alison comfortable and situated. Alison held the towel in her hand, letting it swing from her fingers before taking it over her small frame. "I don't know...," Alison muttered and moved herself right at the windowsill where the pair spotted both mother and child. Alison stands there, staring out to see where the siblings were and what they were talking about. Alison had a guess that it was about them staying, or something else. Alison wanted to know what they were talking about and how come none of it could be said right in front of her.

Willow felt her aunt hug her back but her cousin felt so stiff as though she was afraid of something. what was there to be scared of here. her was home. and that was safe, there was nothing scary here. and she wasn't that scary, except maybe when she was angry. "he occasionally mentions when he was a kid but hardly anything from when he started school to when he met mum." she said shrugging. other than the odd story about why he hated dermstrang or why he almost got kicked out there was nothing, nothing family related. she went with her cousin into the house and watched as she slowly, almost reluctantly draped the towel over her shoulder and stood looking out of the window. whatever cosy relaxed evening she had been having before the atmosphere had changed to one of excitement, at least for her as she had never met her aunt and cousin before. it didn't feel like the same energy her cousin shared girl looked sad, like chante sometimes looked when she didn't think anyone was watching. She put her arm around her cousin's shoulders wondering if she would tense up again or relax into the half hug. "that was were me and dad were sitting watching the storm when you arrived" she said as her cousin stood looking out. "did you want a biscuit? or we can raid the pantry. I think there is some chocolate in there somewhere" she said. thinking about the stash that always seemed to come with Christmas.

Alison went stiff again feeling the older girl's arm snuck up on her without a warning. Alison went limp and dramatically fell to the ground before Willow. It wasn't a soft fall, a loud thud followed as she laid stiff on the ground like she been petrified. "Can you not touch me, no offense to you, but I don't want to be a werewolf. I'm not a fan of red meat, and I know that's what you guys eat and catching fleas don't sound all great," Alison spoke of misconception about her uncle and his family. It might sound rude, but that's what she heard from the neighboring kids back home and she might have looked it up somewhere on her own. What she read sounded factual, and Alison just had to trust that information over them. They were pretty much strangers, so of course she was trusting her own guts and what she read. "You're not about eating relatives, right?"

Willow stepped back as the girl collapsed and started to talk at her. what was she talking about? willow felt her usual "Where did you learn about werewolves, bad eighties horror movies? even in them you cant become a werwolf from touching someone, especially when that person ISNT a werewolf themselves" she said stressing the isn't. When she had been younger she had wanted to be like her arents. then she had wanted to be as different from her mum as possible. now she was just her. but there were some things that annoyed her and intolerance to her family was one of them. even if it was by her family. "well recently biscuits and hot chocolates." she said what was this girl being so rude to her for. she was trying to be nice because she was hercousin and had clearly been through something. but the next comment was enough. "Eating our family. I think you are getting us mixed up with hags" she said. It was then that their dod decided to some and investigate the smells and sounds of the newcomers. he came up behind alison and willow dodnt say anyhting watching as he started to sniff at her. "be careful you don't get fleas" she said smiling to herself as she started to eat aother biscuit.

Alison listens annoyingly to the redhead, "Hey, those movies can be a little truthful. And there is a thing called a bestiary! Yeah, you didn't think I know about that huh," a bestiary of mythical creatures, it's painfully obvious Alison had no idea what she was going on about. But, she wasn't about to give up on the information she collected herself. There had to be some truth to the information! "Hags, werewolves, what's the difference?!" Alison shot back. Then a dog came up from behind her, that caused Alison to whine and shove the old dog away. "That's not funny! Hey, keep your dinosaur over here away from me!"

Willow raised her eyebrow when Alison said that the muggle movies had some truth. Sure, we also turn into wolves at will and always run a fever. and have a bloody war against vampires who coincidently sparkle in the sunlight. or does the archaic muggle book tell you something different?" she said. rolling her eyes. she was going to add that apparently werewolves also were Native American and good at fixing bikes but as she didn't know her part giant uncle the joke wouldn't make sense. "oh yes they are exactly the same thing hence why their names sound so alike. they are also the same as leprechauns and vampires" she said. "oh, that explains it you are a cat person. well sorry to tell you this we don't have cats only three dogs and only one of them is my mum" she said to the girl. she didn't care how young she was or how rough a time she had been through you don't insult an animal especially such a good dog as Bjorn who was a big softie and nothing like the bear he was named after. as the dog started to growl willow called him over to her. "Hey Bjorn, good boy, don't listen to her, if she keeps on I will make sure she stays for dinner tomorrow" she said a cooing tone in her voice even as she was implying that the girl would be dinner not a guest.

Alison grimace, she may have gone a little too far with her antics. She can already hear her mother scowl her to the point in forcing Alison to apologize for her foolish behavior. Alison half-listen to her cousin, the rest sort of went through one ear and out the other. Once the dog was called away, Alison breathes a sigh of relief. What made her heart beating fast, was slowing down back to normal. Alison fell silent, her hands resting on her stomach. Right at the time, she hears her stomach growl. It was loud, the dog heard it. When was the last time she ate something decent? Alison palms her belly right over her shirt, glancing over at the redhead. "I like cats...dogs are okay...I have a cat back home, his name is Salem. Mom wasn't sure if we could've taken him or not…I miss him."

It was dark and linden could hear the roll of thunder above him. he curled up under her his doona trying to block out the noise and flashes but it didn't work. they were so bright that he didnt now how he had been able to sleep through it. then he realised why he had woken up. it wasn't the thunder or the lightening but ther absence of the warmth that always slept beside him. he got up and pulled his dressing gown over his shoulders. and made his way out of the room "Bjorn" he said his voice still groggy from sleep.
he reached the sitting room and saw bjorn was there with willow and another girl. he was still half asleep and and didnt even think to question who the girl was or what she was doing in their sitting room. "wha's goin' on" he asked simply in a far less comprehensive question. he heard the younger girl's stomach rumble and realised that his sister had been talking about dinner "dinner tomorrow. why not midnight snack tonight. the kitchen is empty let's raid the pantry, there was a pack of biscuits in there yesterday that would be good with some hot chocolate" he said. he wasn't sure who the girl was but if it meant biscuits and hot chocolate then he didn't mind. As she spoke about her cat he smiled. "Salem is a good name for a cat. this is Bjorn, my dog, It means bear in Norwegian" he said.

Willow watched as the girls demeanre changed suddenly. as she started to talk about her cat. remember she is just a kid, and she must have been though a lot tonight she told herself she is just playing you remember you pull that trick often enough but good on her for finding your soft spot so quick she reminded herself. she didn't need to find a response as with the gentle padding of footsteps linden joined them. talking something about dinner and midnight snacks, "you mean those biscuits there? me and dad may have already had that idea earlier" she said pointing to the part eaten packet still sitting near the window. putting an arm around his shoulder as he jumped at the sound of the thunder. as the other tow talked about the animals she listened. it was unusual of linden to be this open with a stranger but maybe being half asleep made him think less. "She probably already knows that, Lin, Alison is our cousin, dads sister's kid. Ali, this is Lin" she said shortening her cousins name without thinking about it.

There's has to be a way to get Salem back, Alison will not stand to be without her black cat. Her dad would probably throw him out of the house as he did to them. Salem didn't deserve that. "Good grief," Alison muttered under her breath when someone near the same age joins in on the commotion. How many more of them will she meet tonight?! Do they birth kids like dogs with puppies?! Alison kept her comments to herself, she was outnumbered here. Alison perks up at the mere mention of food, she not a big eater but she was feeling that hunger ache grow. “Hey, I don’t know you that well, but I like your idea,” Alison props herself up by the elbows, glancing between Willow and Linden. Willow took it upon herself to introduce Alison to her cousin, the somewhat redhead turns to face Linden. “You don’t have fleas, do you?” Before Willow becomes triggered, Alison shot her hands up, “I’m joking, I’m only joking…” Alison tells them. Alison avoids Willow and warily tries to rise to her feet. Tired and hungry, Alison shuffles to their big sofa and plops down. If she wasn’t going to eat, sleep definitely will take over. And if she did eat, she may be able to stay up. The storm outside continues to roll on, it has yet to slow down. Alison wanted it to end so she could sleep and maybe her mom will come back in eventually. What were they talking about outside in this stormy weather?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back