Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Asexual (Mervyn)
Wand
Straight 14 1/2 Inch Rigid Dogwood Wand with Unicorn Tail Hair Core
Up here wasn't right. But Leda needed to go up. She couldn't stay in the Dungeon now. She needed her friend. Speed walking down the corridor, she hoped he was in. The one person she knew she could rely on. The Gryffndor. Leda rounded the corner. Her brain had little time to react, except for one noise. A scream left her lips as she came face to face with another student as she round the corner. To be on edge was one thing. Being off the edge was another. She clamped a hand over her mouth, the scream continuing underneath. Stop it. How was she meant to?

Jess found that since being back at Hogwarts she rarely found herself staying in one. She didn't want her thoughts to catch up with her and needed a constant distraction which saw her roaming the halls a lot with no aim or direction. Lost in her own thoughts Jess felt herself crash into something, or someone. "Woah," Jess exclaimed as she took in who it was. There was something familiar about her. But who was she?

As Leda stared back at the blonde, her voice finally gave up. She'd run out of scream. "Sorry." It was all she could muster. An apology was unusual from the fourth year. The girl looked her age. Perhaps a little older. Although why didn't she know her? Maybe she was new. Everything was new. "Are you lost?" She asked. Perhaps she would help.

Jess considered the question from the girl who had just lowered her hands from her mouth. "Lost? No, I'm just wondering, I don't really know what to do," Jess was at a loss most of the time. She couldn't talk to Leila, she helped her through the loss of her dad but didn't want to put her best through that again. "Wait, aren't you the Slytherin seeker? What are you doing up here?"

She'd put her foot in her mouth again. It was nothing new. "Oh right. I'm looking for, a friend." Perhaps she knew Mervyn, perhaps not. "Yes I am." A smile appeared on her face at the thought. She loved Quidditch. So long as she was at the school, she would always love Quidditch. "Are you playing?" She hoped she wasn't the seeker for another team. She didn't want to make more enemies.

Jess scowled and nodded when asked if she played. "I'm an alternate, for Gryffindor," She was hoping that would change when the mew team was posted. "So if you're the seeker that makes you...," Jess fumbled around for the girls name. "Layton? Aren't you the girl who kicked my brother in his boys?" Jess asked.

Leda grinned. An alternate meant she wasn't exactly a threat. At least not to her own role. She nodded at the name. "Leda Layton." She replied, taking a step back and holding out her hand properly. Then her smile disappeared. Her brother? Oh. There was only one boy she'd managed to take down. The swine who'd jinxed her. "James?" She paused, before standing a little taller. She would hold her defence, she had her own right to have done so. "Yes that was me," and proceeded to take a small courtesy.

Jess stared at the girl for a few moments when she confirmed it had been her who took down James. Jess lovedher brother but she had been in hysterics when she heard the news. "Brilliant, pleasure to finally meet you, James needed to be taken down a peg or two,"

With one hand on her hip she nodded. "I take it your close to him then?" She asked sarcastically. She had her own reasons to take him down, but if anyone hurt Olive they wouldnt have gotten away with it.

Jess felt herself feeling slightly defensive of her relationship with her brother after the girls latest comment. "Very, he's my guardian, I love him and if anyone truly hurt him then I wouldn't be responsible for my actions...but the only thing you hurt was his pride, and it was funny,"

Leda was glad that James' sister wasn't taking it to heart. Grinning she decided she could get on with this girl. "What's your name?" She asked. She didn't want to offend her. Maybe she should have known already but she didn't and she needed to know.

As Leda asked for her name Jess's neutral expression curled into a smile. Assault on her brother aside, maybe the girl was alright and someone she could get along with. She was certainly lacking in the friend department lately. "Its Jess,"

Jess. Jess and James. "Your parents love a J name then. Now you just need a pet reindeer. Jingle. Complete the set" she teased, wondering if anyone would notice if she tried to sneak in s reindeer at Christmas.

Jess laughed, she'd never stopped to realise she and James both had names starting with the same name. "Our older brother is called Ezra so I don't think it was a thing, more like a coincidence I suppose,"

"Oh well there goes that theory." Leda mused, wondering why this girl had even stopped to talk to her. "Where are you going?" she asked, wondering if she had a friend like Mervyn.

Jess shrugged her shoulders as Leda asked her where it was she was going. "I dunno, no where? I'm just wondering around," Jess wanted desperately to go and find Leila but she knew she wouldn't be much fun for her best friend. "Sorry you said you were going to find your friend, who is it maybe I know where they are,"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back