Gryffindor HoH | Mother of 3

OOC First Name
Cyndi
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Wand
Knotted 15 Inch Flexible Oak Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
Hi all!

Based on a suggestion that comes courtesy of Ash and Jesse, we'd like to dub this week "Old School Week!" :) I'm sure you're all saying, well what is that? Read on! :r

In HNZ of yore, there were many RPs that were completely open and full of silly. HNZ has morphed over the years with RPers gaining confidence in how to role play and expanding the length of their RPs. We think this is awesome too, but we thought it'd be fun to throw things back a little and remember when we were new to RPing and allow for some fun RPs that everyone, new and old, can feel free to jump into and out of. 

If you need more of an idea of the feel of Old School Week, feel free to check out some of these examples: Portrait Hunting
Anyone want to be friends?

We've only got a few rules for this: 
Rules said:
1. RPs still have to comply with all board rules.
2. All "Old School Week" RPs must be open!
3. Keep your replies short! This will be the only time we ever impose rules on post length.  ;)  
That's not too bad, right?

Feel free to join my RP or start your own. I'm going to tag mine as Old School Week. If you want to as well, that'd be great! It'll help people to find them all more easily! Let us know if you'll be joining in below. I can't wait to read all of the fun plots! :D

Have fun!

~Cyndi
(on behalf of the site staff)

I'll definitely be joining in! This will be fun! Let's go!

This is brilliant.

AWwwhh yis :D I can't wait to join in!

I posted one here originally for Tenilee, but why not have anyone join, you know? :p

Woo, let's do it! :woot:

I am screaming in excitement reading all these super short roleplays! I love it!
Jesse and I have our Roleplay up for Old School Week!
Students are welcome to join as well as Professors for something super fun and completely weird!
Young Again ((Get it, Get it, Old and Young HA! also double brackets))

I MISS THE BRACKETING, I literally giggled when I saw you'd added that in xD

Veronica Meredith Boneheart said:
I MISS THE BRACKETING, I literally giggled when I saw you'd added that in xD
It's so good! I'm trying not to edit any spelling mistakes, and I'll make sure it shows when I edit posts, Keeping it really old school! I'm waiting for one of us to take too long to reply and someone has to say ((Sorry It took so long, I was having a Shower/Dinner/Something))

YAY for the Crazy! Tin's gonna make someone Scream! :frantics:

I agree xD

This should go down as an annual historical event. #TheGreatOccupation2039 xD

Oooh, Nick was a rulebreaker ;)

I don't think Old School overrides Board Rules that says no God-Moding though... hmmm.... RP conundrum... :unsure:

James Adams said:
This is so amazing xD This needs to be an annual thing :r
Let's see how the rest of the week goes, but it is definitely a possibility. :)

Professor Cyndi Kingsley said:
James Adams said:
:unsure: I think Old School Week is creating a bad lot of First Years... like the very first set :r

Link Potter said:
Professor Cyndi Kingsley said:
James Adams said:
:unsure: I think Old School Week is creating a bad lot of First Years... like the very first set :r
To be honest, I don't think they needed any help =)) the professors and prefects have their work cut out for them this year... :r

This is a lot of fun, although difficult, because keeping it brief is hard xD
I have topics that folks could join!

Oo I might join the one with Avie :o

Nicolas King said:
I was waiting for Jesse to get left behind and get Moody because we went too far ahead of him.
Like here, at the Quidditch Pitch or Here in the Forbidden Forest
I'm pretty sure theres a post somewhere, just of Emoticons in the middle of a RP. Also I GM'd hitting people with Jam against their will :D

Professor Aeon Summers said:
Oooh, Nick was a rulebreaker ;)
Told you So!

This is so much fun!

Anyone is welcome to join my thread here.

Archived

This topic can no longer be considered 'news' but should rather be called 'olds'. It has thusly been archived.
If you have any questions or concerns involving this [former] news, please contact an administrator and keep looking for newer 'news' in the News and Updates forum.

Thank you,
~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back