Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
Sexual Orientation
Hetero (Mostly)
Wand
10 inch sturdy, curved Holly with Unicorn hair core
Annika knew enough to know that she needed to meet her brothers latest beaux. They seemed to be fairly serious. Despite everything that had happened, Dimitri had always been Annika's best friend. They'd been inseparable for a very long time. She showed up at their apartment, wearing some simple jeans and a shirt, and knocked on the apartment door. She wasn't sure if either of them were home, but she was ready to try again.

Ares didn't have any quidditch day, but Dimitri was out and about doing something. He was therefore confused when someone knocked at the door. It couldn't be Dimitri, he knew the man had keys and it wouldn't be Xavier or Isaiah, they wouldn't turn up unannounced. He walked over to the door and opened it. He was greeted by a woman not too much younger than him. "Hi," and then the family resemblence kicked in, "Oh are you Dimitri's other sister...," the name escaped him.

Annika smiled when the man she was looking for opened the door. "Annika." She replied, her Russian accent coming out a little stronger than usual. "Let me in. I wish to speak with you." She waved her hand almost dismissively, expecting him to just step back and let her into the apartment. He was important to Dimitri, obviously, if he was staying at Dimitri's flat. Were they living together? It was all the more reason for her to get involved, and quickly.

Ares let the woman into the apartment, moving out of the way and allowing her in. "Okay," he rplied, a little nervously, she wasn't at all like Mallory. "Can I get you something....tea...coffee or something stronger?" he asked. He wasn't quite sure what this was about but at the very least he could be polite and make a good impression. Ares knew his family was important to Dimitri so he was going to give this his best effort.

Annika walked in, smirking a bit to herself. She found a chair at the table and sat. "Just bring me whatever Dimitri likes," she smiled. She knew exactly what her brother liked, but she was curious to see if the man in front of her did. She knew as soon as he'd been able to, Dimitri had started drinking coffee with a shot of bourbon and two spoons of honey mixed in.

Ares frowned a little at what she said, but did as asked, making the really probably terrible for ones health drink that Dimitri liked to drink. He wasn't sure why Dimitri liked it, Ares had tasted it once and found the mixture of familiar too much, so when he returned with the drink for this woman he had a plain coffee for him. "I wasn't aware anyone else liked this drink," he commented lightly as he handed it to the woman, Annika or something.

Annika picked up the drink, sipping it. She grimaced, sticking out her tongue. "Bleh. I don't. I have no idea how he drinks that." She smiled, propping her chin in her hand. "But it's lovely that you knew what I was talking about," She smirked, crossing her legs. "I'm still not too sure about you, though. Tri has never been serious with anyone. I'm curious, really, what you think you're doing with my brother." She was blunt, studying the man.

Ares was a little confused when she sipped the drink and it was clear it wasn't something she drank normally, or at all, by what she said. He was a little worried about why she was here now, he wasn't sure what to make of her, but admittedly he was a little scared of her. He frowned at the question. "I'm...not doing anything....we're dating," he had never had a talk like this, never been in a relationship long enough or series enough for it. "I really like him, and we're just taking things slowly, he's happy...I think...I love him," he finished. feeling worried that what he'd said wouldn't be enough.

Annika raised her brow, smirking a bit at him. He was kinda cute, acting all flustered. She tilted her head at the wording he used. "You think he's happy, or you think you love him?" She asked him. That was an important distinction to make. She drummed her fingers on the table, deciding he had a few more things she needed to know. "Are you living together?" She asked. "Why are you taking it slow?"

Dimitri was just getting back from the store, and walked in just in time to hear Annika's last question. He raised a brow, shutting the door behind him. "Annika, whatever you are doing, leave the poor man alone." Dimitri scolded, walking in and placing a hand on the back of Ares' chair. "I love him, he loves me, I'm blissfully happy. Now give me my coffee and let it be, hm?" He winked at his little sister before looking to Ares. "I brought you your favorite treats, darling," He murmured, smiling warmly at his boyfriend.

Ares froze up at the questions, he didn't know if his answers would be right and really he was in part a little terrified of being told no about the man he had finally opened up to. He was rather pleased when Dimitri walked in before he had the chance to answer the last question. He smiled gratefully at Dimitri, almost leaning into him as he stood by. The answer to at least the last question. "We're taking it slow because of me...I'm not good at this, and generally believe myself to be unworthy of Dimtiri's affection but I love him deeply," The sentence was spoken softly, in slow russian as he stared at the drink. Though Dimitri was there, Ares was sure that this woman's reaction would be to tell Dimitri exactly what he already thought, that Dimitri was leagues beyond him, deserved better than him, and perhaps he'd said as much to soften the blow if she said it.

Annika looked up as her brother appeared and stuck her tongue out at him. Killjoy. She slid him his nasty coffee and rolled her eyes at Dimitri's answer. Of course he thought so. But she didn't want his opinion. She looked to Ares as he spoke slowly in Russian. She relaxed a little, raising a brow. "Well... You seem alright," She offered. "Mallory likes you, you have a steady job, you're not terrible looking. And you put up with him," She waved dismissively at her brother. "And you did go to get him from Russia. That's more than any of us has had. If you really love my idiot of an older brother, then I'm glad he found you. Even if you are too good for him," She winked playfully at them both, giggling as her brother threw a bag of candy at her, ducking and letting it fly over her head.

Dimitri slipped his arm gently over Ares' shoulders, letting the man lean against him. He tensed at Ares' answer and immediately wished his sister wasn't there. He narrowed his eyes at Ares, though he doubt the man saw. Ares was going to pay for that comment later. He rolled his eyes at his sisters teasing, tossing a bag of candy at her half-heartedly. "Annika, did you really come here just to antagonize my boyfriend?" He complained. "It already took me forever to convince him to date me, don't go scaring him off," Dimitri whined, running his fingers lightly up the back of Ares' neck.

Ares felt Dimitri’s gaze on him after he’d spoken, he had knew that Dimitri was constantly trying to get him to stop being like that, but Ares couldn’t help it most days. He focused on the woman and nodded along to her Russian, he had to listen closely to follow along with her. He could manage Dimitri fine because he did speak a little slower and clearer for him. Ares gave a little smile, ”He’s wonderful,” he assured her reverting back to english. He looked back at Dimitri, leaning ever so slightly into his fingers. ”You are welcome round any time,” he assured her. ”I’m not going anywhere,” he was also assuring Dimitri.

Annika giggled, noting the way that Ares leaned so easily into each of Dimitri's little touches. She smirked a bit. That was good for Dimitri, at least. She knew her brother was a very touch oriented person. "I did, yes," She replied to her brother with a cheeky grin. She winked at Ares, standing. "Well, I am bored," She announced. "I am off to find better company," She blew them both a flirty kiss before sashaying out the door.

Dimitri narrowed his eyes at his sister, sticking his tongue out at her as she left. Once the door had closed he pulled Ares' chair back so he could sit in the mans lap. He gave his boyfriend a stern look, reaching up to catch Ares' face in his hands. "Excuse me," He almost growled, "What did you say?" He started plotting in his mind. Unworthy was not an approved word. Dimitri would need to correct it immediately.

Ares watched as Annika left and then pointedly didn't look towards his boyfriend. He could hear it in his tone and just shrugged. "I know...," he said, he did know it was wrong to be so harsh on himself and his partner spent a lot of time convincing him of that. But he just...sometimes it was just how he felt. He met Dimitri's gaze. "Is there any way I can convince you to drop it?" he asked, "Or at least, can I just get a hug?"

Dimitri shut his eyes and took a long, slow breath. "No." He replied, standing and pulling Ares with him. He dragged the man with him into the living room. He fell onto the couch, positioning a few pillows behind him for support before pulling Ares down with him and onto his chest. Once they were both settled, Dimitri summoned a blanket and laid it over them. With Ares nestled in against him, Dimitri gently ran his fingers over the mans scalp, playing with his short hair. Tri hummed softly, whispering sweet words every so often into Ares' ear, reassuring his boyfriend that he was loved and wanted and of all of the good things about Ares that Tri loved. Every so often Dimitri would press a kiss to Ares' temple, content and warm and soon half asleep cuddling his love.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back