Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Bisexual
Wand
Curly 14" Sturdy Yew Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Isaiah wasn’t sure how he had managed it, but the man had found himself in a very muggle bar. There was a rugby game blaring on all of the screens, but Isaiah had just been looking for a muggle place to retreat to when the magical world, his job and everything else felt like it was a little too much. Going back to the muggle world was something he had done as he’d gotten older, dug in more at his job and lost contact with most of the friends he had. He walked up to the bar and ordered a beer, a good muggle beer. His gaze shifted about the place, but even though he was a wizard, Isaiah didn’t feel particularly out of place. His suit no different than most and the general atmosphere of a place to go after a long day in the office. The sort of work they did would be the only difference really between it. He took the beer as it was handed to him and paid the worker before taking a sip and allowing his gaze to shift to one of the many screens. It wasn’t an excursion he took often, venturing into the muggle world, a muggle bar, but it was a good place to relax, let himself just get absorbed in a place that would forget him when he left.

Tyra was never really surprised when the bar filled up like this. It was a bit away from town, but the Inn's reputation always brought in a nice crowd during sports season. And being the bartender was always a nice change from being the Innkeeper. She came into the room, enjoying the bar's lively ambiance, and relieved the man behind the bar. After a small exchange of pleasantries and a brief goodbye, Tyra took up her place behind the bar. She kept an eye on the game as she went through inventory.

After a bit, she noticed that one of her bar blokes were running low on his beer. He had that look about him, so she grabbed another and set it in front of him. "Here you are, mate." She told him with a smile. "It's a bloody good game, innit?" She asked in an attempt to be friendly. This bloke seemed like he could use one.

Isaiah had been focused on the game and was somewhat surprised when as he neared finishing the drink he had, another full one was place beside him, "you've just read my mind," Isaiah joked with ease, he very much doubted she actually had, since this was a muggle place and he very likely the only wizard in the place. he did smile at the woman, she was likely only a few years older than him, at best, and she clearly worked at the place since she was behind the bar after all, "Cheers," he took the drink and then nodded, "Yeah, I missed a bit in the beginning but it's been a good game," it had admittedly been a while since he'd seen a rugby game, and he had forgotten in that time a few of the rules, but it was evident that no matter what he forgot getting into the mood of it, and the mood of the bar as they all watched the game was easy. He knew the same happened with quidditch and he was pretty happy to note that it didn't matter what the sport itself was, it had that same effect on the bar. "You able to watch much of it?" Isaiah asked the woman, motioning to the bar area she was stuck behind.

Tyra smiled as she began to wipe down the counter. "I wish," she laughed at his comment. "But sadly, I'm just good at my job," She teased, running a cursory eye over the other customers. Wally was over in the corner getting drunk again, but otherwise, everyone seemed happy. Her newest customer started talking about the game, and she shrugged. "I can keep an eye on it, but my little brother keeps me informed of the more important things," She told him with a smile. "He's a real big fan. We're taking him to a game for his birthday, so that should be interesting." She poured herself a glass of Arnold Palmer and took a sip. "So, what brings you to Arrowtown, mate?" She asked conversationally, a little curious now about the man in front of her.

Isaiah laughed casually with her, as she replied. he had to admit it was quite a talent to just know that a patron needed another drink. Isaiah had gone from school to the ministry he hadn't ever worked a job other than the sort of office job he did. Which was perhaps why in a way he was in a little awe of how this woman appeared to just know. He took another sip of his drink and nodded at her reply, "Have you always enjoyed rugby?" he asked in a conversationalist tone, he was always curious with muggles if they had the same passion for sports as magical people did with quidditch and it had been a real long time since isaiah had spent any time with real muggles like this woman, "Oh that's sweet, how olds your brother?" Isaiah asked with a smile, "I used to take my brothers to games and stuff when they were younger, but not so much any more," he had taken his brothers to games, he'd tried his best whenever he could to do so, especially during breaks in school but it had gotten more difficult the older that he'd gotten. "Not much really, just passing through," he replied with a shrug, since he really couldn't go into more details, "Is there anything decent to do in town?" he decided to add, making him look more like a tourist in a new place.

Tyra smiled, tempted to pull up a chair to sit and chat a bit. With Jason putting in so many hours at the hospital, she couldn't help but feel a bit lonely and the company of someone other than her brother was a welcome change. It helped that the bloke she was talking to wasn't all that bad to look at. He asked her about Rugby and she gave a small shrug. "I don't mind it, but I don't follow it enough to be called a fan of the sport." She took a sip of her tea.

"Reagan is seventeen. He's off at school right now, and my younger sister is away at a... private school as well." She stumbled over her words just a touch, not sure what exactly she would call Hogwarts New Zealand. She couldn't just flat out say 'magic school'. Jason had gone over all the rules she needed to know, and she did her best to follow them.

Thankfully he asked her a question about Arrowtown, and one she was happy to oblige. "Well, there's a ski lodge not far from here, but it's hard to get in to. Here at the Wolves Inn, we have a variety of different activities, and if you're really interested, there's Arrowtown. It's a lovely place, scenic drive, just a half hour from here. We offer a tour twice a day if you're interested." She told him with her best smile.

It occurred to her then that she hadn't bothered asking her customer his name, nor had she given hers. She cursed herself silently for her bad manners and set her tea down. "My name is Tyra, by the way. I own this place."

Isaiah smiled and nodded, the wording of the private school was a bit odd, but he couldn't help but the expression that covered his face as she spoke about her siblings, "My brothers, their twins, both of them are 17 too. They go to private school too," He knew that it was easier to say private school, since it was in a way private school. Just a specific one, and he liked that they had this thing in common too. He listened along as she told him about what was available for him. He didn't drive so the scenic routes weren't something he would do, but he had to admit, he'd randomly landed in a pretty interesting town. "Sounds like there's plenty to do about these parts," it didn't really matter if he didn't know any of it, or didn't plan to stick around. It sounded interesting and maybe he could eventually come back. Maybe he could spend more time there. It would be nice. "Isaiah, nice to meet you Tyra," Isaiah held out his hand to her, "Nice place you got," he then added. He took a sip of his drink and glanced around. He couldn't imagine owning a bar like this, but it was a nice place and it was clear that she put in a lot of effort to make the place feel friendly, his comment was genuine. "How long have you had this place?"

Tyra smiled as the guy talked about his brothers. "Maybe you can bring em by over break. Lord knows Reagan could use the company," she teased with a small smile. She adorwd her little brother, even if he was adopted.

She shook his hand as it was offered to her. Isaiah, huh? She made a note to remember his name and face in case he swung through again. He seemed like a decent bloke, and she found herself hoping he might come by again. He was easy to talk to.

He asked about the bar then, and her eyes sparkled. "Oh, we're an Inn as well. I inherited it a few years ago from my parents." A hint of sadness flashed across her face, but was gone quickly. "It's been an adventure. It wasn't really what I imagined doing, but I can't say I don't enjoy myself at least." She sipped her ice tea. "Might I ask what you do for a living Isaiah?"

Knowing that his brothers were graduating and perhaps looking for something to do before they ventured into whatever each planned to do with their life, maybe they could use the time to spend in a place like this, amongst muggles and just a bit of normality. ”Yeah, I might do,” he could actually see themselves having a good brotherly time together, when was the last time they’d actually done that, especially since they’d all gone to magical school and begun to lead different lives. Isaiah took a sip of his drink after he’d introduced himself to the woman, Tyra. She was a rather easy person to talk to, the conversation was light, and of course it was entirely different from most conversations he had, either at work or with other witches and wizards, there was something to it which other conversations seemed to lack. He noted her expression shift slightly as she spoke of the Inn she’d inherited and he nodded along, the loss of parents was always something that could change plans. Cause a shift near overnight. He knew that all too well. He took a long sip of his drink and nodded, ”I work for the government but I can’t tell you what I do,” Isaiah replied with a conspiratorial tone, but he really couldn’t tell her for multiple reasons, he hoped that she would be satisfied with his answer.The man took a sip of his drink, ”It’s good work though, I enjoy it,”

Tyra grinned when he said he'd bring his brothers by. She'd have to tell Reagan. "Good! I'll make lunch for everyone. What do you blokes like to eat?" She asked, already planning.

He said he worked for the government but couldn't tell her why. "Hey, as long as ya enjoy it ya won't hear no qualms from me." She told him with a bright smile. "Tell ya what, I'll even let you have those first two on me. Don't go thinkin you're all special now," she teased. "Any others is on you. I still got a business to run." She scanned over the rest of the bar as she talked, keeping tabs on her other customers. So far everyone was still enjoying the game.

Isaiah nodded at her, he was actually quite keen on it. Perhaps it would be a little bizarre for his brothers to spend time with her and her family, since they would struggle in the muggle world having been so distant from it for so long. The man smiled, ”We’re not fussy, anything will do,” Isaiah replied, at the very least if she was to make dinner his brothers would do their best to eat it, and neither was particularly fussy. The man smiled, ”If you need anything brought, give me a shout,” he realised as he said it, that isaiah didn’t have a phone number, hadn’t had one in years. He was without all communications that were by muggle means normal. If necessary he would just be able to give this woman his address, that would suit him better, but that bridge could be crossed if it came to it. The man took a long sip of his drink and smiled at what she said, he shook his head, ”Don’t you dare,” Isaiah joked with her, ”I can pay for my own drinks,” Isaiah wouldn’t want to put this woman out of her way for even one drink. He understood that she was being friendly and that the conversation was easy, but she was right, she did have a business to run. ”Thanks though, I do appreciate the gesture,” Isaiah smiled at her.

Tyra laughed at the man. "Oh don't fret darlin', just bring you and them boys by and we'll take care of the rest." She grinned. She was hoping this could be the start of a lovely friendship. She laughed when he refused to let her buy drinks. As she opened her mouth to respond, however, a small hoot made her jump. She turned, wide-eyed, to see her little owl waiting impatiently at the end of the bar. As usual, none of the drunks noticed him. But there was one person who was perhaps a bit more attentive today.

"Aro!" She cooed happily, discreetly taking the note from off his leg and slipping it into her pocket, exchanging it for a treat. For anyone that didn't know better, it was just an affectionate touch of an odd pet. She turned to Isaiah with an easy grin on her face, offering the treat to him. Aro chirped grumpily. She ignored him. "Isaiah, darling, meet Aro. He's a dear friend of mine."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back