Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Pear Wand 14 1/8" Essence of Phoenix Tail Feather
After overthinking and overthinking and finally deciding to just swallow her nerves and just do it, Lily sat down on her bed and opened her notebook. She had decided something over break after speaking with Elliot. She didnt want to wait until school started again to talk to him. Taking a deep breath, Lily scribbled out a quick note before setting off in search of the family owl.

Clifton

I know this is a bit out of the blue. We just had such an odd semester, I wanted to talk with you. Its okay if you dont write back. I just... was thinking about you and wondering how you were?

Lily Lockwod

Clifton never got owls over the holidays. That was, until now. The bird's arrival had shocked him so badly that he had dropped a spoonful of porridge directly into his cup of tea, ruining both aspects of his breakfast. Setting those worries aside, he had opened the note nervously, shocked to see its contents. Why would... Lily write to him, of all people? He read the message through a dozen times, trying to remember if he had done anything wrong. Maybe she was angry at him for sharing the muffins she had given him? He didn't see any other reason someone like Lily would write to him. The thought of writing back was a terrifying one, but Clifton couldn't leave her waiting, hand shaking a little as he scratched out a clumsy response, sending it back with Lily's owl.

Lily,

I'm terribly sorry if I've done anything to offend or upset you, I really didn't mean to. I hope you've been having a wonderful holiday, and that I can make it up when we return to school.

Sincerely,

Clifton Ward.

Lily had been on edge since she had sent the note to Clifton, worried that maybe it was too bold of her. Maybe he wouldn't write her back. She sighed for the hundredth time in the past ten minutes. She was so caught up worrying she didnt see the owl perch on her window. She let out a startled Yelp as the owl hooted at her. She hurried over, heart pounding in her ears. Her eyes widened as she read the note and she quickly grabbed her notebook.

Clifton,

No, no, I'm not upset with you at all. I'm sorry, was it presumptuous of me to write? I just, I thought- er, I like to think that we are friends. I suppose that must sound silly of me, you probably have so many friends already. I wasnt trying to be a pest. I was just wondering how your break was going, dont mind me.

Lily

Clifton couldn't settle his thoughts after sending his response to Lily. What could he have done?! He couldn't think of any other reason someone like Lily would write to him. She was no doubt off having far more fun on her holidays, spending them with much better people. He jumped at the arrival of the return owl, scrambling to read the letter as quickly as he could. Relief flooded him as he read it, though he couldn't quite understand. He must have so many friends?! Clifton wondered if she was making fun of him, though that didn't seem like Lily. He tried to put the thought aside, struggling to scratch out a response and sending it back as soon as it was done.

Dear Lily,

I'm relieved that I haven't done anything to upset you, I apologise for the confusion. I'm not sure where you got the idea that I would be too busy for letters, I've barely left the house since returning to England. How are your holidays going? I'm surprised you would have the time to even think of me. I appr I'm glad you did.

Clifton

Lily honestly wasnt sure if he would write her back. She sat in the window this time, nervous as her owl flew back. Her heart jumped into her throat as she saw the note attached to her leg and offered her a treat. She bit her lip as she settled back in her seat, smiling to herself as she read his note. She picked up her notebook and quickly scribbled out a response.

Clifton,

I've never really been very good with people, and I know I tend to stutter when I'm nervous. I guess I just... I know things can be weird sometimes because I'm weird, but I've always thought you were really cool. I suppose I thought you would have all kinds of adventures at home.

I've mostly just been wandering around the house, cleaning up Fathers books. He never seems to keep them straightened. For a librarian you would think he would be more organized.

Thank you for writing back.

Lily

Users who are viewing this thread

Back