Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Bi
Wand
Straight 15 1/2 Inch Flexible Rosewood Wand with Veela Hair Core
September 8 2046​
Dear Asaiah,

So, do you regret not coming back yet? If you had, I bet you would have been captain. But you didn't, so it's me. Surprise.

I don't know if you still care about your old team, but I think you do so I'm going to write about it. If you don't respond, I guess I'll know you didn't care. Anyway: Tryouts were today. You're not going to be happy with me, but your spot is going to Liam. I dislike the guy as much as you do, but he's the best we have (because someone had to leave) And Lestat didn't show so we have a brand new seeker too. It's going to be tough.

So what are you up to? Did you drop out to play professionally or something? I probably should have asked you that before you left, but I didn't know if you wanted to talk about it. This question is easier to ignore in letter form, I think.

Anyway, bye

Odette

September 13, 2046​

Odette,

Funnily enough, I don't think I would've been made captain. It'd be kind of pointless to coach a team for one year and then pass it on to someone else, wouldn't it? I bet you'll do great, though.

Just because I dropped out doesn't mean I automatically stopped caring about the Quidditch team. I actually think I vomited a bit there. Did you really, really, really have to pick Liam? At least tell me that he was exceptionally great during try-outs. Bet you anything he thinks the world of himself now. He'll never match either of us though. Lestat didn't show? Well, that's odd. Any idea why he didn't show up? How's the new Seeker doing? I bet you this will be Slytherin's year again, especially with three of the four old Seekers not playing anymore. It's anyone's game now.

I wish I was playing professionally right now. Definitely better than camping out in the rain. No, I'm actually in Ireland now, visiting my grandmother before doing what I need to be doing in England. How's everything at Hogwarts? Has Vex ruined anyone's day lately? Tell me everything.

Asaiah

October 31 2046​
Asaiah,

Maybe we could have been captains together. That's a thing. Anyway, thanks. So far, I'm not doing great though. Maybe it should have been you. Or Hayden. I barely know what I'm doing.

And yeah, I really, really, really had to pick Liam. Stella didn't show up at tryouts and he simply did better than Antonio. There's also a new alternate beater. She's enthusiastic, but needs experience. I've been thinking about letting her play during the next game, though. She did very well in practice. I have no idea why Lestat didn't show up, and I haven't really seen him around much to ask. Anyway, you might have guessed, but we lost our first game. Stupid Ravenclaw beat us. I blame Lestat a bit for that. If he hadn't left, we would have had the most experienced seeker of the entire school. All the other houses have a new seeker too, and Ravenclaw's new seeker just got lucky. Our next game is against Gryffindor, I hope we'll win that one.

If you don't want to be camping out in the rain, why are you? Isn't the point of dropping out to be your own boss and do what you want? Is this some weird new hobby of yours, or do you have a job that requires camping? I feel like you're being vague on purpose, and you definitely don't have to tell me, but it's strange. I wish you hadn't dropped out. I haven't seen Vex, and not much else has happened. There's a new flying professor and she looks young enough to be a student. There's also a new Care of Magical creatures professor but I don't take that subject. There's really not much you're missing out on so far. If it wasn't for Quidditch, I might consider dropping out myself. Okay, not really. I wouldn't know what to do out there.

Anyway, hope you're having fun with whatever you're up to.

Odette

November 4, 2046​
Odette,

Just give it some time, eh? You don't have to prove yourself to be a great captain immediately. Didn't think I'd ever say this but I'm really disappointed in him for not showing up. Is the new seeker any good, then? If Liam proves himself to be a better beater than either of us, I'll eat my shoe. Hopefully, the alternate will be in top form when she plays. It's unfortunate that we lost our first game but it cannot get worst. With Cade gone I'm sure Gryffindor won't stand a chance to win the Cup this year. I'm sure Slytherin will win from them.

Believe me, if I'd be able to sleep in a proper bed, I would choose that over a tent any day of the week. Well, I'm still my own boss, though, aren't I? It's sort of required for the job, yes. I'd tell you all about it if I could but unfortunately, I'm not allowed to. Looks like I took all the fun with me when I left. It's time someone else tried to break into another house's common room. Another new Care of Magical Creatures professor? Guess the other one didn't like it after all.

I'm sorry if you expected more in this letter, I'm kind of busy with stuff at the moment. Do, please, keep me updated on how Slytherin and the other houses are doing! This is going to be our year, I can feel it!

Asaiah

December 1, 2046​
Asaiah,

Why shouldn't I prove myself to be great immediately? How is my team going to respect me otherwise? I bet that's why Lestat didn't show, not wanting to take orders from someone younger than him. And after our loss can I really blame him? I don't know if I can do this. Leda is fine, she managed to catch the snitch in practice. If only she can do it in the game too. It's tomorrow, and I'm freaking out a little. Of course Liam isn't as good as either of us, but I don't have you to put in the game and I can't copy myself. I know you probably won't get this in time, but do you have any tips for playing Gryffindor? I don't know if I should be using any particular strategy besides just going after the seeker. He's a newbie, shouldn't be too hard.

You're being kind of strange about where you are. How can you say you're your own boss and then not be allowed to tell me what you're doing? It's fine, I don't need to know. I don't think we're that close, not outside of Quidditch. Have un in your tent, or whatever. I have no interest in breaking into any common rooms, that sounds kind of lame. Not sorry to say. Or are you going to say it was worth it all?

I'll write you tomorrow after the match, probably to inform you about our second loss.

Sorry to be a bummer, I'm all over the place.

Odette

December 26, 2046​

Odette,

It's not about having to win the respect of your teammates in order to be a great captain. Quidditch is a team sport. If you win together, they will be more inclined to see you as a great captain because you made them work and eventually win together. Lestat's in my year and he was always the mysterious one, didn't really talk to the others much. Not even about Quidditch. I bet him quitting the team has nothing to do with you being appointed captain by Charlotte. One loss doesn't define you, it should drive you to do better, work harder. So what if you cannot win the next time? You've got two more seasons after this one, right? Make them count and stop whining will you, it's not the end of the world. I don't have tips against Gryffindor other than going after the Seeker, which is a strategy you should use for every game - unless you are certain that the opposing team's Chasers can do a lot of damage. In that case, have one of them going after the Chasers and the other after the Seeker.

It both was and wasn't worth the punishment. Obviously, the banning me from the Quidditch team part and the confining me to only spend my spare time in the common room was awful, but seeing the face of those pesky Ravenclaw students that kept irritating us was pure gold. And it definitely isn't lame, it was quite exciting trashing the whole place.

I'm looking forward to reading your next letter. Merry Christmas.

Asaiah

Letter said:
December 29, 2046​
Asaiah,

I think that's easy to say for someone who doesn't have to tell older guys what to do. The problem is that we aren't winning together. We aren't winning at all. Surprise, we lost to Gryffindor too. The seeker got taken out and I had to put one of our alternate beaters into the position. It was a mess.

If you don't want to hear me 'whine', I could stop writing you. There just isn't much good to write about right now, and I'm not going to fake being happy just so my letters are more entertaining for you. If you want to stop talking to me, stop returning my letters. We have one more match to go, competing for third place with Hufflepuff. If we don't win that, I don't know what I'll do.

It still doesn't seem worth it to me, though I remember I got to play in your place back then so I guess it wasn't all bad. I just wouldn't risk it all for a moment of revenge. A few years ago I might have, though. There's only one person I kind of want to do something like that to, and she's in Slytherin and also related to me. It's easier to just avoid her instead.

Sorry my letter sucked. Merry (late) Christmas back at you, wherever you are.

Odette

December 31, 2046
Odette,

It's never fun to read that Slytherin has lost. It almost looks like the team has been cursed. But I am still positive that you will get your win eventually. Just hang in there.

I don't want you to stop writing to me, and I also don't want you to fake being happy so your letters are more entertaining for me. I just want you to know that you shouldn't worry so much about what kind of captain they think you are and what kind of captain you want yourself to be. If you want we could organise a Slytherin Quidditch team meet-up next year during the first Brightstone weekend and talk with the team about strategies and such? I wouldn't mind returning to New Zealand for a couple of days.

You're welcome for that, by the way. I'm glad it was you who got to play in my place and not someone like Liam. What's the team sheet going to look like against Hufflepuff? Is everybody fit enough to play again? Are you going to put everyone on defence of attack? I wouldn't call myself the greatest Quidditch strategist ever but if you need help, you know how to reach me.

Happy New Year.

Asaiah

Letter said:
January 3, 2047​
Asaiah,

I'm sorry. I felt very frustrated while writing my last letter, but I shouldn't take that out on you. I just worry about the guys in my team not respecting me, but there's not much to be done about that. At least I have the badge and I'm not giving it up, so they'll probably learn to respect me down the line. I don't think the team has been cursed, it has just lost a few good players. I hope we'll win against Hufflepuff, but I'm mostly focused on next year. I want to win that cup before I graduate. Thanks for your offer about meeting up, but I wonder if it wouldn't make it look like I don't know what I'm doing if I need an older guy's help. You know?

I'm glad you don't want me to stop writing. Sorry again for my weird outburst, things are just strange lately. It's not just Quidditch either, but I won't bore you with my personal life. I think against Hufflepuff I'm keeping the team the same as normal, unless there's people who can't play. I think everyone will be fit enough, the hospital wing is pretty good at patching people up. I think I'm going on the attack. The Hufflepuff seeker is starting to get a reputation for being knocked out of games, so I feel like I should exploit that.

I know you're all mysterious about what you're doing, but are you doing alright? I won't pry into your life, but it's kind of shitty of me to ramble to you about everything without listening to you in return. So if there's anything you need to get off your chest, or whatever, feel free to put it in your next letter. I can't say I'm a person who gives good advice, but I can try.

Happy New Year back at you.

Odette

Letter said:
January 14, 2047​

Odette,

All good. I'd rather have you take it out on me if you are feeling the need to take it out on someone. I hope the team isn't cursed because that would be awful. I'll keep the offer on the table for if you ever change your mind but I bet that you've got your strategies all written down already. If I may be honest with you, reading your letters makes me regret leaving because I really enjoyed being on the Quidditch team, especially since everything else at school sucked.

I'm all ears if you need to talk about personal stuff. I have been told I'm an excellent listener to feel free to release whatever's bothering you onto me. If the Seeker is starting to get that reputation then Hufflepuff must have the lousiest Beaters ever if. You'll win this one. How has training been lately? Got the team focused on the match against Hufflepuff?

Well, there's something that has been bugging me. I'm looking for something - something that would help make someone's life a lot easier. But I cannot seem to find what I need and it's annoying the crap out of me. I've been in England for six months now, and apart from talking to people, I haven't really done anything to actually make this person's life easier. In fact, I did the exact opposite of that and left the country. I feel less determined every day, so if you have tips on how to stay determined, please tell them to me.

Asaiah

Letter said:
January 20, 2047​
Asaiah,

Thanks for not being angry, I know I was pretty unreasonable. We're now preparing for the next match, I'll let you know how it went afterwards. This simply wasn't our year, though. Maybe next year it will be. Thank you for offering your help with strategies, but you're right and I did already write a bunch down. I looked through books and magazines for ideas, but I do have to remember none of our players are as experienced as professional players. Maybe you can try out for a profesional team when you're done on your mystery quest? I think you're talented enough. I feel much the same about Quidditch. It really is the best part of Hogwarts.

I'm not sure how much I want to talk about my personal stuff. But at the same time, who are you going to tell? I just had some romance trouble, but I think it's over now anyway. It makes me sad, but we didn't want the same things. I just feel weird about it all. They were all annoyed because I didn't want to go to the yule ball with them, but that's no reason to be angry right? Maybe it is. But I don't really need advice anymore because it's in the past now, and I don't want to whine about it to you. And yeah, I think the Hufflepuff beaters aren't the best. In the game against Ravenclaw the Hufflepuff seeker got knocked out while the Ravenclaw one had not a scratch on her. So at least we have the advantage on that front, maybe.

I wish I could give you some good advice, but I'm not the best at it. Also, you're being kind of vague about what you are doing still. But if you're working so hard to make someone else's life easier, shouldn't that person be helping you out? Why are you the one who is spending six months looking for something? Is it even possible for you to find it on your own? I have no clue what it could be you're looking for, but if it's that important and difficult I feel like you should get some help with it. If this person is important to you, you should probably try to remember how much this thing would help them and how happy they would be if you found it? I really can't imagine what it would be, though, so it's hard for me to give good advice. I can't think of anything important enough to spend six months on, but you must have a good reason. If this is why you dropped out of Hogwarts, let that be a reason you don't give up. So you didn't sacrifice your last year here for no reason.

Hope that doesn't make things worse,

Odette

February, 1 2047​
Odette,

I'm in the middle of packing my bags to go back to New Zealand for a little while so I will keep this letter short because there's really a lot of stuff I have to pack still. I don't know if this will reach you before or after the match but in case it's the latter, how did the match go? Did you guys win against Hufflepuff? Tell me everything. I do want to try out for a professional team once I'm done, though, preferably for the Moutohora Macaws - don't think I have to tell you which position I would try out for. What about you? Have you thought about going pro yet once you're done at Hogwarts? It would be nice to work as a team again haha.

You don't want advice so I won't give you any. Besides, it's not as if I'm a genius when it comes to relationships so it would probably be really bad advice. Let's hope they'll suck just as much against Slytherin than they did against Ravenclaw - no wonder they haven't won the championship in a while.

I wouldn't let her help me even if she wanted to, at least not until she has graduated. I don't know if it's possible to find it on my own, actually. But then again, why couldn't it be found by one person, right? It's not just the only reason why I dropped out. I would've done so even if I hadn't promised to look for the thing I need. But you should definitely not drop out - you don't want to miss those handy NEWT spells they'll teach you in your seventh year. And don't worry, it didn't make things work. It did make me really want to find it, though so that's good.

I'm sorry this letter doesn't really contain anything exciting. If you still want to write to me after the minister elections, my letters will be a lot more exciting to read as I will be travelling to Romania next after that.

Asaiah

Letter said:
February 4, 2047​
Asaiah,

We won! We won! We actually won! It was quite a short match, but we totally beat Hufflepuff. Thank you for listening to me whine for so long, I finally get to come to you with better news. Leda was hit twice and she still managed to grab it before the Hufflepuff seeker. She's really talented. Who needs Lestat, anyway? I also managed to hit the Hufflepuff seeker once, and once by accident I hit their keeper. I feel like our chasers need some work, but besides that I'm really proud of our team. I bet the Hufflepuff captain can't say the same. One of their beaters hit himself only a few moments before Leda got the snitch. I'm never going to forget that, or let the Hufflepuffs forget that for that matter.

You should try out for the Macaws, they would be stupid not to take you. If there's a spot open by the time I graduate I might join you there. Or I might join the Harpies or something. Assuming any team will take me. I'm not sure if I'm good enough to go pro, but right now I feel confident enough to try. Strange how winning makes you feel invincible, even if it was only once and only for a third place.

Thanks for not giving me advice. It's really utterly over, and while it makes me sad, a part of me thinks it was destined to end like this. I hate it, but I'm not sure what I can do about it. I won't pretend I understand your whole deal, but it's interesting that the person you're trying to help is a student here. Somehow, I hadn't thought of that. I hope she appreciates what you're doing for her, even if I don't really know what that is. Is she your girlfriend? And don't worry, I'm not dropping out. I've stuck around this long, I want a diploma now for my trouble. Glad I didn't make anything worse.

If you're ever in New Zealand when we have a Brightstone weekend, maybe we can meet up and chat? You're a good listener, even in letters. I guess that makes you a good reader. Anyway, do you know who you're going to vote for? I haven't really been following it, I'll be too young anyway. Why are you traveling to Romania? Let me guess, more mysteries? I don't mind, it's kind of funny to speculate on what you might be doing.

Odette

February 12, 2047​
Odette,

That's amazing! You have no idea how happy I am for you, Odette! Well, f#cking done! Next year Slytherin will be back at the top again, I know it! Was Leda really hit twice? Holy crap she's a tank - you are right, who the hell is Lestat? Screw the Hufflepuff Keeper, the more she gets hit, the more our Chaser will have the opportunity to score goals. I wish Hogwarts would let outsiders watch the match, I definitely would have been there. I can't believe that one of them actually managed to hit themselves, kind of wish you had had that on camera so I could see it myself. I'm really proud of you, Odette.

What are you talking about? If I am good enough for the Macaws then so are you. Perhaps I should remind you that you are just as good as me, if not better. I legit think that every team with an open Beater position would take you right away. And I think I will try out for the Macaws once I'm done with my research, I do really miss playing Quidditch.

I don't know if she appreciates it or not, she has been telling me not to go through with it ever since I told her about the plan. As you know I did not listen to her. She was my girlfriend until I left to go to England. We figured that a long distance relationship wouldn't work for us. I do miss her, though. Maybe I should reach out to her now that I am back in New Zealand, what do you think? You mean you're glad you didn't listen to me and are sneaking into a common room, right? If so, thank god for not listening to me.

Let me know when the next Brightstone weekend it and I'll check if I can make it, I would like for us to chat in person again. I have been following it like the good New Zealand citizen I am. I'm thinking of voting for Claudia Holland, I like what she said about Muggle-borns and making sure they feel more at home in this world - among some other stuff, of course. More mysteries, indeed. Sorry. So what do you think that I am doing anyway? Please tell me that you think I'm doing something totally kickass.

Asaiah

Letter said:
March 1, 2047​
Asaiah,

Sorry for my late reply, things have been a little hectic with the Valentine's dance and OWL preparations. I'm still happy we won, and your letter made me smile as well. Glad to see you're still rooting for your old team. I would have liked you to watch the match too, I could really use some moral support. I could try to manage a camera and my beater's bat next time, but I'm not so sure of my success. It might hinder my beater abilities just a little bit.

Charlotte wrote me and she said she's playing for the Holyhead Harpies. Did you know that? If the Macaws have no room, I might go there. Though I'm still not convinced I'm good. I'm definitely not as good as you, because I remember you were always besting me in practice. If you end up playing for the Macaws I'll definitely come watch you. Give you some of that moral support you're giving me in these letters.

So she was your girlfriend but not anymore because you left. But you left to help her??? This doesn't sound like a girl you're willing to give up on, just saying. You should definitely reach out to her. You might regret the time you missed later. And yes, I'm glad I didn't sneak into any common rooms. Might be something I save for my final year.

The next Brightstone weekend is actually this weekend, sorry for the late notice. I'd love to meet up. Claudia Holland's daughter is in my year, but I don't really know anything about her policies. I honestly have no idea what you're doing. My guess is that you're looking for some sort of rare potion ingredient or old book or something? But honestly, you might just be making it sound more exciting in an attempt to impress me. I wouldn't be surprised about that either. Just kidding. You're mostly confusing me.

Odette

Users who are viewing this thread

Back