Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Knotted 14 1/2 Inch Flexible Willow Wand with Essence of Belladonna Core
it was early, the blue light that marked the approach of sunrise was hardly brightening the path as Willow made her way to the Quidditch pitch. of course, the time if year meant it wasn't as early as it felt but it was still earlier than most people were awake. Willow had woken up a little while ago and finding she was wide awake and full of energy she decided to head down to the Quidditch pitch. She enjoyed flying, the liked the feel of the wind through her hair and she loved the exhilaration of defying gravity especially when going quickly. however, she was not planning on trying out for the school team. for starters, she didn't know what position she would play. she was not built to as a beater, she had inherited her dad's lanky frame. but she was no way going to be a chaser. seekers always seem to have too much responsibility and being a keeper took away the point of going fast. once she reached the pitch it didn't take too long to break into the storage shed, why even lock it when first years could undo a lock with magic? as she was alone she took out an old snitch that was used now for training and let it go. by the time she had done a couple of laps to warm up and was starting to look for the flying walnut, the sun was starting to poke above the horizon.

After a fitful night of sleep where she had tossed and turned from the nightmares she was having, Marisol had decide to get out of bed since she was not getting any sleep anyway. Normally she would've gone over to Wyatt's dorm to wake him up and keep her company, but he wasn't here, so without any of her friends here, she decided to keep herself busy with some early morning Quidditch practice. After all she was one of the captains so it made sense for her to practice twice as much as everyone else to prove she deserved the position despite her temper or anything else that made others doubt her. The latina yawned as she walked out to the pitch with her broom over her shoulder and headed over to the storage shed where the game balls were kept. She noticed it was already open and only took out the Quaffle for her to practice with. She scowled when she saw someone already flying around the pitch up in the sky.

Marisol sighed heavily and had half a mind to tell them she had reserved the pitch for practice, even though she hadn't, but she didn't have the energy to argue right now. Instead Marisol kicked off into the air and saw upon closer view the other person was one of the younger Gryffindors she sometimes saw in the common room; her hair was not hard to forget, so she was glad it wasn't another team's player practicing because now they could share the pitch. Marisol was intending to keep to herself on one end of the pitch to practice shooting into the goal posts, but as she was heading over, she saw the Snitch fluttering in front of her. Marisol raised her eyebrows, not expecting to see it during her solo practice and instinctively reached out to grab it, not really thinking otherwise. She stared at it for a second before looking over her shoulder at the younger girl. "You looking for this?" she called out calmly, holding the Snitch up. It was a rhetorical question but Marisol wanted to give her a heads up before Marisol released it again for her, even if she wasn't supposed to be playing with it anyway.

Willow had finished her warm up, the cool morning air had blown away the remains of sleepiness that had remained with her. and the wind made her usually fairly limp hair a tangled mess. She had flown a couple of times up and down the pitch hoping to see a glimpse of gold when she saw someone coming onto the pitch. from the distance, she was at the other person seem to be a girl. Part of her wanted to stop flying and go back inside, a little embarrassed to be caught on the pitch. But the stubborn part in her said that she was here first, and was just as entitled to fly here as everyone else even if she wasn't on the school team, or even that she hadn't tried out for it. also if she left what would happen to the snitch.
She kept flying, her eyes focused to look around for the small gold ball. as she turned around she realised that the other girl was in the air, as she was closer she realised that she was the Gryffindor Quidditch captain. marisol. The more important thing that Willow noticed was that the snitch was hovering just past the other girl. She leant on her broom trying to get towards it though she knew that the other girl was far closer and far more skilled. as the other girl caught the snitch Willow came to a stop. "That is the one." she said. "I never fancied being a seeker but it isn't much you can do on your own. and I didn't fancy getting hurt if it messed up with a bludger." she said as making an excuse as to why she hadn't caught it already. she watched as Marisol released it waiting for it to fly away. "it is Marisol, right? she asked as the snitch decided it wanted to stay hovering. "well done on the last match." she said. by now the snitch had darted away and Willow turned her broom in the direction it went in order to follow it.

Marisol flew closer to the younger girl as she confirmed she had been the one to release the snitch for practice and had half a mind to scold the girl, telling her not to lose the ball, but instead Marisol just released it and let it fly around them before taking off into the sky. She followed it with her eyes for a moment before losing it as she focused on the girl in front of her again, chuckling a little at her comment. "Funny, when I first learned about Quidditch all I wanted to do was play Seeker," she said, thinking of how she was now a chaser and loved the position so much. "I liked it because it was a solitary position. It's the hardest one out there, and you get all the glory when you win, why wouldn't you want that?" she chuckled a little at how prideful she had been when she was younger. She nodded when the girl said her name and said, "Thanks," at her compliment. "What's your name?" she wondered. The girl seemed to like Quidditch so Marisol was curious as to why she hadn't shown up to tryouts.

Willow watched the gold ball as it flitted around a little before flitting away. however, she let it go as she spoke to the girl. she was starting to understand the advantages of being a sought especially as Marisol spelt them out. "you make seeking sound so appealing, I was taught quidditch by a chaser so that was the position I know but I don't think it is the position for me" she said. she wasn't sure what she wanted to play. she nodded a welcome as the girl accepted her compliment. and asked what her name was. "oh yeah, I'm Willow. Willow Cullen" she said.
just then Willow noticed a speck of gold glinting in the rising sunlight and made a quick turn and headed towards it climbing slightly to where it was before diving as it changed its direction. she stretched her hand out to grab it just as it darted away. "oh shoot" she said turning around to see where the other girl was "sorry about that, I thought I could get it" she said referring to the snitch. "Why did you decide to change to being a chaser? she asked curiously, she still wanted to work out what position she wanted to play, even if she didn't want to join the house team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back