Not As Cool As I Expected

Satsuke Nakamura

Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4 Essence of Silver Thistle
Satsuke was admiring the rosebush. He would have been at the Cliffs, but he wanted to go there at night. It would be much more fun. He had not packed his backpack yet though. He tried to be at least a little prepared if something bad were to happen. Classes had not started yet, so he did not have magic to help him. Or he could just have someone tip off a teacher. Satsuke took out his earphones and put them in his ears. He made sure the cord was in his pocket. Though his MP3 was not working he liked to imagine it was. It made him feel better.

Amelia walked out of the castle.It was quite a warm day for winter and she was gladly able to wear a t-shirt.She loved the feeling of the sun of her arms and face.Hogwarts was turning out to be okay.Some people in her house didn't accept that she was a proper Slytherin.They didn't think she was mean,sly or cunning enough.She didn't care really. Let them think what they want"she thought,walking on the grass a bit hard.Some people had accepted her perfectly,which she liked.She had met one boy in her house called Luthor,seemed like a creep really.He had been one of the first people to share his views about her and the Slytherin fault.They all acted as if it was her fault.But it wasn't,if they were so unhappy they should complain to the sorting hat since she was pretty sure that they hat had decided that she go into the Slytherin house.She was making her way over to the Rosebush,she had heard a stpry that a first year had died there,she didn't really care.All she knew was that it was a nice place to sit down and think.She had her wand inher back pocket.She brought it with her everywhere.When she entered the little area she saw a boy that looked like a first year,sitting down and listening to music. Amelia was confused,she thought electrical appliances couldn't work in Hogwarts.She eyed him cautiously,as she sat down.She didn't really want to have a conversation with him as she would have preferred to be alone but just because he was sitting there wasn't going to force her to move.

Satsuke started to hum his favorite song by AAA. It was a song in his native language. Something he had not heard in ages. Now that his MP3 was out he could only imagine Japanese in his head. He had been speaking English for so long he did not even have a accent anymore. Sometimes he missed home. After 5 years of being in New Zealand Satsuke was kind of homesick. He did not want to have his creativity limited by his parents though. His parents hated that he was so out of the box and different. He looked over at the girl that had sat next to him a while ago. He squinted his eyes at her blue shirt. He believed it was Domo. "Hey, I like your shirt. Is that Domo on it?" he asked the girl.

Amelia looked around at the surrounding area.It was quite pretty and quite peaceful.The rosebush had no leaves on it and Amelia made a mental note to check this place out during the summer.She wished she had brought a jacket with her.Oh well nothing she could do about it now.She didn't want to go to back to the castle,sometimes it was just too loud in their. Amelia closed her eyes and laid her head back against the trunk of the tree.She jumped slightly when the boy beside her spoke.She didn't know how long she had been out,she must have been tireder then she had thought.Amelia looked down at her t-shirt "Um I dunno,I just thought it looked cool so I bought it"She said muttered.

Satsuke smiled at the girl. She must have been asleep. "I am sorry if I woke you up. I'm Satsuke." he introduced himself and offered his hand for the girl to shake. Most of the time Satsuke would be cranky if someone woke him up. If the girl did not want to shake his hand he understood. He then looked back at the rosebush. "Isn't it pretty?" he asked the girl. He had not seen many roses in Sapporo where he was from. There was not even a lot of space at his parents home in Japan to start a garden. Whenever Satsuke got a chance to see flowers he took it.

"It's fine"she said waving her hand. "Amelia"She said shaking his hand.She wasn't that sure she appreciated being woken up but it wasn't really his fault,she couldn't really blame him.She followed his gaze to the rosebush "Yeah,I suppose"She said srubbing her eyes which were quite tired.She had quite a big garden back at home and her mother loved rosebushes.She had all sorts of colors white,red and blue.She didn't like them much they were quite thorny. "Do you like rosebushes?"She asked yawning.

Satsuke nodded his head at Amelia's question. "In Sapporo, Japan, where I am from, I don't see roses or flowers in general often. So I have become very fond of them." he explained. Though his family were important people, and they could give him anything he wanted. They were always extremely busy. "You must see them often." he said. His eyes focused on the rosebush.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back