Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Straight (Gabriel)
Wand
Knotted 16 1/2 Inch Rigid Mahogany Wand with Boomslang venom Core
Sophie was in a foul mood. Not only was the Isaac thing still unresolved, she also had a fight with Elly now. She hadn't meant to make the girl cry, but Elly had made her feel horrible and didn't even seem to realize it. Sometimes Elly really spoke without thinking. She could be very blunt without realizing it. Sophie could also be very blunt, but at least she did it on purpose and was aware of it. And she tried not to do it against her friends too much. She was trying her best now to focus on her studying, but it was hard to concentrate. Especially as it was Transfiguration she was trying to study for now, and every mention of animagi in her notes just made her think of this situation. It wasn't fun. The student lounge may also not have been the best place for it, though she had been trying to avoid the Ravenclaw common room because Elly could be there. Occasionally, Sophie's gaze wandered to the chessboard on one of the shelves. Then she'd scowl and look at her notes again, but it wasn't a very productive study session so far.

Having no immediate exam stress before the yule ball was new for Amber, and she wasn't sure she liked it. It was harder to focus on studying with the knowledge that the actual exam was months away. The yule ball was also on her mind a lot, distracting her. She would go with Ainsley, and she wasn't sure what that meant. The two of them had gone together as friends before in the past, but she wasn't sure if it would be as friends this time. Her feelings for Ainsley still felt new and scary, even if a part of her was quietly sure they had been there for a while now. It just hadn't seemed possible before. But she hadn't told Ainsley and Ainsley hadn't said anything to her either, so it was unclear where they stood.

One thing she was sure about though: she wanted to date girls. Even if her crush on Ainsley would fade and she would like another person, Amber was now positive that wouldn't be a boy. That revelation on its own as a big one, and she felt like she wanted to share it with more people. So far she had told Clementine and Ainsley, and no one else. Flavio was someone she really wanted to talk to, but he seemed incapable of being without November lately. Frustrating as that way, Amber knew he wasn't the only person she should tell. Her parents were on that list, but she had to wait to be face to face with them. First, she felt like she might want to tell Sophie. Things between her and her younger sister had been strained for as long as she could remember, but maybe this was something she could share with her.

After looking for her for a while, she found her sister in the student lounge. It wasn't empty, but Sophie was sitting apart from everyone else. Amber took a deep breath to calm herself and walked over. Hesitantly, she took a seat at the same table as her sister. "Hi, how is studying going?" She asked softly. It wasn't the best conversation opener, but she really didn't know what else to say. "I could help you, if you want." She added, hoping Sophie would appreciate the offer even though she knew her sister would say no.

Now that Sophie was fighting with most of her friends, she really didn't expect to be interrupted with her studies. The bad mood she was projecting tented to keep most other students away from her, so when someone sat down she shot them an automatic glare. Her eyebrows raised when she saw who it was. Her older sister was looking at her from the other side of the table, wearing a put-together outfit as usual. Sophie wondered what the older girl wanted from her. They didn't really talk like this normally, and Sophie couldn't help but think Amber wanted something in particular. Perhaps she was going to nag her again to write their parents more? But instead she offered to help her study. Sophie scowled. "What? You think I can't do it by myself? No thank you. I'm fine." She said sharply. "I've managed without you so far, you know." Even if her grades weren't as good as Amber's, that didn't mean she needed her help.

Amber was trying to get this conversation going smoothly so she could move it in a more serious direction, but Sophie immediately threw up a wall. Immediately, Amber felt her annoyance rise. It wasn't like Sophie could know what the real reason Amber had for approaching her, but she still felt like her simple question didn't warrant such an aggressive response. A frown appeared on her face as she kept her gaze on her younger sister. "I know you can do it by yourself. It was a friendly offer, not an insult." She said with a small sigh. "You don't have to assume I'm attacking you whenever I talk to you. I was just wondering how you were doing and trying to be helpful." Amber said, her voice clipped with annoyance.

Sophie was annoyed with herself for reacting the way she had, and annoyed with her sister for not just leaving like she was supposed to at an obvious rejection like that. As usual, Amber started to lecture and Sophie childishly pulled a face at her. She never stopped feeling like a little kid next to her sister, even if they were only two years apart. "Well, I don't need your 'friendly offer', Amber." She snapped. "Thanks but no thanks." Pointedly, she raised her book to her face to block her sister out, not caring about how childish the gesture was.

Amber's patience was at its breaking point, and Sophie stepped over the edge when she snapped at her once again and hid her face behind her book. That was the last drop, and Amber got to her feet angrily. "Fine, act like a child if you want." She said, anger clear in her voice. "I'm tired of this, Sophie. Every time I try to reach out to you you act like I'm insulting you somehow. I'm not. All I wanted to do was talk to you. In fact, I actually had something important to tell you but you've shown me you're not worth the trouble. Maybe I'll see you when you're ready to act your age." She knew she sounded like she was lecturing, something her sister hated, but she couldn't help it. Sophie brought it out in her. Though she couldn't remember the last time she had shown this much anger to her sister. With those words, she turned and left the room. If Sophie wouldn't show her simple respect, Amber wouldn't confide in her.

Sophie had wanted Amber to leave her alone, but she hadn't expected it to happen like this. The book dropped back to the table as she stared at her sister in surprise. It wasn't often that Amber lost her temper like this, and Sophie wasn't sure what had triggered it. Her brow furrowed when the older girl said she had something important to tell her, what did she mean? But before Sophie could even decide whether she wanted to ask or not, Amber was storming off. Staring at her as she went, Sophie felt her words have some impact. Frowning, she tried to shake it off. It couldn't be that important. Surely, Amber was just being dramatic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back