OOC First Name
Cyndi
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Knotted 12 Inch Rigid Larch Wand with Mermaid Scale Core
Jacob's parents were really nice people. It was what everyone always told him, and he did believe it. But they were also his parents and, nice or not, sometimes he was nervous around them. His grades had been alright this semester, and he had been sure to point out the noticeable improvement in his Potions grade in spite of his hatred for the course. But decent grades meant that his parents mostly left him alone...when it came to that anyway. Jacob was still getting used to seeing his dad at all of their meals and surprised when his dad offered to do something with them and didn't get called away before they'd even made it halfway through. What was normal for most children had never been for him. All of his memories were of his dad as Minister, so much so that there had been a time when he'd been young that he had taken to calling his dad 'Minister.' He still did, in his mind anyway, when he was mad at him about something. Jacob had been working up the nerve to ask his dad a question for the better part of a week, and finally, with his mom out of the house, Jacob knew he had to strike. But first, he had to find his dad. Jacob was torn between hoping to find him and hoping he didn't, so he was only searching half heartedly.

Cameron had never been the sort of man to sit around and do nothing, and after ten years in the most stressful job in the country, he wasn't exactly good at relaxing. Since the end of his term, Cameron Kingsley had thrown himself into various projects around the house. Cam had been doing his best to be present in the lives of his children. He knew too often they had been placed on the back burner in favor of what was best for the country, and he was doing his best to make up for it now. Fixing this or that. Playing with his children. Cooking dinner. Without his job distracting him, Cameron couldn't help but feel the distance between his wife and himself even more so, and he was growing more and more concerned that it was a project he could not fix. Cameron was sitting in his study, reading a book, when Jacob wandered through the door. The former Minister looked up and fixed his gaze on his son. "Hey Jacob. Are you looking for something? Need my help?" he asked, a slight smile on his face.

Jacob returned his dad's smile, pushing his glasses up as he entered further into the room. His dad was reading a book...for fun. His mom did that too sometimes though way less than his dad did. Dropping into an empty seat, Jacob opened his mouth and spoke. "Can we have spaghetti tonight?" he asked. His dad had been doing a lot of the cooking lately, and spaghetti was one of Jacob's favorite meals. Maybe he'd ask his dad after his belly was full of spaghetti. It sounded far better than asking now with his stomach full of butterflies. But he knew putting it off just was not going to help anything. "I have another question too" he stated, his gaze dropping. Jacob remained silent for a few moments, working up the nerve to put in his request. "I want to leave Hogwarts New Zealand" he mumbled and then picked up steam. " It's a stupid school, and I hate it there. Jemma does too" he added, though that wasn't exactly true. He just knew she wanted to be with him, and if it helped him get out, he'd use it.

Cameron smiled crookedly at his younger son as he asked for spaghetti for dinner. The former Minister nodded his head. "I think I could probably manage spaghetti tonight." he said. He actually enjoyed cooking, and it had been something he had done often before he was elected, not that Jacob would remember that. He had been so young when Cameron took office. It was rare these days to catch Cameron off guard, but the next words out of Jacob's mouth did just that. He sat his book down, giving Jacob his full attention. He looked at his son with his icy blue eyes, trying to decipher what was really going on. Cyndi had told him that Jake was having a hard time with certain students. "Why do you hate it?" he asked calmly.

Jacob didn't have his father's blue eyes though he had heard they shared the same intense stare. He had made the mistake of looking up and now was caught in it. When his father looked like that, it felt like he was looking into your brain somehow, but as far as he knew, his dad was not a Legilimens. Or was it Occlumens? He mixed the two up. Jacob took his time answering, not because he didnt know what to say but because he knew whatever he said next was going to make or break this all. "Everyone hates me. They're either jealous because I'm on the quidditch team or jealous because my mom is at the school or jealous because my dad was minister before their mom" he rolled his eyes, "or they hate me because you were minister in the first place," he slouched back in the seat, letting out a dramatic sigh as he thought about the stupid revolution.

Cameron watched his son carefully as he spoke about his difficulties at school. He knew that this situation would need to be handled delicately because he had allowed Noah to transfer schools. He didn't want Jake to every think that he preferred one son over the other. Cameron just understood the differences in the two boys, and the first being that Jacob was only thirteen. He still needed Cyndi close by to keep an eye on him. In many ways, Jacob was much more like his mother than Noah. While he realized that his children had been scrutinized for their every move from a young age, Cam didn't like to hear that his position as Minister had caused other students to hate his children. Instead, he tended to believe that it resulted from jealousy. Especially if it was the Holland children doing the bullying as Jake had implied.

The former Minister sighed and looked at his son. "Jacob, I'm not saying no, but I want to talk about this a little bit more first." he began carefully. "Now, I don't believe that everyone hates you, son. Not anyone that truly knows you. I know there are people who think that they know us or our family based off of what they read in the Prophet, but I don't believe anyone could see your heart or your courage and hate you. I think it's all jealousy because you are talented, smart, funny, and you have a family that cares about you." he said, looking straight into his son's eyes. "Jakey, you don't need to be the most popular kid in the school. Not everyone needs to like you. If there's anything that I learned as Minister, it is that you cannot make everyone happy, and if you keep trying to, you will never come out ahead. Do you have a few close friends that you can trust? People who know you and love you and stick with you no matter what?" he asked.

Jacob held his breath as he waited for his dad's reply. When the man sighed, he frowned. Sighing was never a good sign from either of his parents. It usually meant they were thinking of a nice way to tell him no. And as his father continued, he realized he was right. Jacob stared down at his hands. Of course they were just jealous. He knew that, but it didn't mean he wanted to keep dealing with it. He had looked up again at some point and gave his dad a small smile, hoping that this was continuing on to mention a discussion with his mom or, better yet, a visit to a new school. But it didn't. Instead, his father started asking him about his friends. What do they have to do with anything?, he wondered. "Yes, but..." he frowned thinking about it some more. "I don't tell them everything about me" he mumbled, embarrassed to admit to his dad that he didn't often talk about him. Sapphire and Onyx had never let on knowing who his father was. At first, he'd thought them calling him His Majesty was because they knew, but he'd come to realize it was because of his name. "But I can make new friends" he was quick to add, "like Noah did".

Cameron watched Jacob as he spoke, narrowing his eyes at his son as he said that they didn't know everything about him. He had a feeling that Jacob didn't go out of his way to admit that Cameron was his father. Especially considering what he had just said about people hating him for who his father was. It was a burden he often wished he could lift from his children's shoulders. "Jacob, I understand why you want a fresh start, but running away from your problems is not the answer." he tried to explain to his son. The problems of a thirteen year old were fleeting. "Jake. I will consider it, but we have to talk to your mom about this. She should have a say in this too." he told his son as kindly as he could.

Jacob frowned as his father told him not to run away from his problems. "But..." he started to interrupt but then stopped when his father began speaking again. Manners were important in the Kingsley household. Jacob let out a groan at his father's next words though, manners be damned. It was exactly what he didn't want to hear. He knew what his mother would say. She was only going on about how happy she was that he and Jemma were in Gryffindor. "She's going to say noooo" he whined. "It's not fair" he added, continuing to whine, his voice cracking on the final word.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back