New Friends

Rosie Chamberlin

OOC First Name
Jessye
Wand
Fir Wand 14 1/8" Essence of Sphinx Remains
Rosie Reilly was currently wandering the corridors, trying to find something to do. It was still the beginning of the semester so there wasn't a lot of homework or assignments to be done. Rosie had everything done within a couple of hours, and Bryce was nowhere to be seen so it wasn't like she could ask him to entertain her. So it looked like it was up to Rosie to entertain herself until she found something better to do. "Which is how I got stuck exploring the castle for the time being." Rosie hadn't really given this castle a good walk-through yet. Mostly because Rosie was either too busy trying to get her school assignments finished, or because she was worried she was going to get herself lost down some corridor. Rosie liked to read maps and stuff, but she had no map for Hogwarts. It wasn't something they gave to students when they arrived. Rosie actually wondered if they even had maps. It seemed like they would, but Rosie knew better than to assume she was always right about everything. Rosie hiked down a few rounds of stairs and then back up again, and found herself on the third floor corridor. Rosie had been down this corridor before, but it was one of the one's she had explored the least. So she might as well start here and see what she could find. Rosie skipped a few rooms that she knew were classrooms, there was no reason for her to go in there when she already knew what was inside. Rosie's legs brought her form to a halt when she noticed a foreign room to her. The trophy room. Rosie wondered why she had yet to explore this room, since trophy's were usually pretty interesting to look at when one had the time.

"I doubt that I have any trophies in here though." As cool as it would be too see a bit of that shiny gold with her name on it, Rosie wasn't all that sporty or that likely to achieve something great. Rosie was average when it came to Quidditch, and although she took a lot of classes and maintained good grades, she was sure that there were others that were a lot better than she was with getting good grades. Rosie browsed each and every one of the trophies, seeing who they were awarded to. She was even surprised to see that she and Bryce had won costume awards for being the most creative. Rosie would need to tell Bryce about that later. He would be ecstatic! He had another award too! Rosie turned away to leave the trophy case and yelped when she felt her body collide into someone else. It was a young boy, who couldn't have been older than a first or second year. "Oh gee, I'm so sorry! I didn't know someone else was even in here!" Rosie steadied herself and checked to see if the boy was okay after she had bumped into him in such a rushed a hurried manner.

Erik Metzger only had so much patience when it came down to people nowadays. Everyone was always asking him about his father, Dietrich. And then there was the nagging about his uncle Damian who had been here before and was sorted into Gryffindor. How was Erik a Slytherin? It might have been from his mother, but there had been times when Dietrich could have easily been Slytherin with how harsh he was during school. He made this one girl’s life a living hell but she was well off now, and Dietrich had grown up for the better. That whole group at Durmstrang had long since abandoned their harsher lives and lived in peace, that is except for the ring leader who died years ago. Erik wondered if he would make many friends, and if so, would he manage to become like his father once was? Well, his mother was apparently a loner once upon a time, but he didn’t know now because he never heard from her. Living with his dad and little sister was okay and all, but Erik wanted some time alone. For now he would just explore the castle like any other first year would. Erik remained in a distant expression as he walked up the stairs and rounded around the corridors, looking for secrets that he could uncover. He heard whispers of something called the room of requirement but finding it was not easy. If he had found it, would he end up telling his sister? He doubted it. He would probably just keep it to himself and go there when he did not want to be disturbed by anyone. Well, he could always go to his dorm for that but he had other first years there too so it made it less private. Erik shrugged his lean shoulders and he arrived to the third corridor.

Hanging a right, Erik made it to the trophy room, his eyes looking around to see if he could see the surname Metzger anywhere. So far he could not see it, but he figured that he would find something cool either way. Erik looked to the side and then was abruptly shoved or something and he took several steps back. Erik shook his head and thought that there was something up if he had bumped into someone. The someone was an older girl, could not have been a first or second year. However, she seemed to be surprised by the interruption of thoughts. Erik thought that she looked pretty too, and he slid his hand behind his head as he heard her speak. “That’s fine. I don’t exactly make sounds to let anyone know I am around.” Erik felt a slight blush run up to his cheeks and wondered who this girl was. She did not seem too familiar so perhaps she was not a Slytherin. He wondered if he should introduce himself or not, or if she would do the asking. If she even wanted to know who he was. Erik was not too important to anyone right now, and the need for friends was starting to rise.

Rosie thought the young boy was a total cutie pie, but at the same time she was still a bit weary of him. He had come out of nowhere without making any noise at all. Which meant that he was either sneaky, or Rosie was losing her touch. "You should probably do that sometimes. One of these days you might scare the wrong person!" Rosie was talking about those people that had scary reflexes. When she was younger, her older brother Bruno used to show her funny videos of people getting beat up for that sort of stuff. Rosie would hate to see this young boy meet the same fate as all of those men did. If she tried to explain how she knew that this sort of thing would happen, the boy would probably not understand a single thing she was saying. A lot of the kids that went here weren't very accustomed to muggle things, and they failed to understand just about anything related to muggles. Whether it be cars or youtube. Rosie glanced at the trophy's briefly before she decided to make friendly with the boy and introduce herself. He might have been sneaky, but at least he was still a total cutie pie.

"My name is Rosie Reilly! I'm a Ravenclaw." Rosie wasn't sure why she added on the house she was from, but she felt like maybe it would help the boy decide whether he wanted to make a connection to her or not. Some people were stupid enough to only like those from a certain house, and although Rosie disagreed with that type of lifestyle, it wasn't really her place to try and push her opinions onto someone else. "I've never been down here before, there are so many trophies! Do you have your name on any of them?" Rosie tried to keep the conversation going. If the boy didn't want to talk to her he'd probably have to leave to get rid of her. Rosie just felt like having someone to talk to though. Her cocoa brown eyes fell onto the blonde boy as she took in his reaction to her words carefully. So far he didn't seem he was super talkative or into making friends, but Rosie hoped that she would be able to break through to him and get him to start talking to her.

The older girl was way too pretty, and the second year wondered who she was. Erik looked at the girl with his blue-green eyes, knowing that the words Rosie spoke which rang true. He did not want to scare the wrong person. He could be punched in the face. "I definitely don't want to to that. Perhaps, I should put a bell around my neck or something. That will prevent me from sneaking up on people." The younger Slytherin thought that it would work. After all, who could ignore a bell around someone's neck? One would hear it coming for certain. The last thing the boy wanted was a hit to his handsome face (even if he thought that his looks were average). What Erik would love to do right now would be to befriend the older Ravenclaw girl. Right now, it was hard to say much since he rudely bumped into her. It was not something he could help. He felt bad for it, yet the girl seemed fine. She sustained no injuries or anything! His eyes wondered from the girl to the area around which of course had more trophies. None of them would have his name carved on them. He was not special enough.

The girl introduced herself. Her name was Rosie Reilly, and a Ravenclaw, just as he predicted. Erik thought over the name and thought that he had seen something like that name on one of the trophies or plaques. He extended his hand as a kind gesture and said, "I'm Erik Metzger, and I am a Slytherin. Don't let that frighten you away, not all of us are bad and whatnot. I know about the reputation and junk." He shrugged those skinny shoulders as he said that. Rosie asked if he had his name on any of the trophies. The Slytherin shook his head. He did not have anything truly special about him. He just liked to blend into the background. "No, I haven't bothered to earn anything. But I think I have seen your name on something here. Last year, on the plaque for highest point earner for Ravenclaw?" Erik motioned for her to follow him as he pointed toward the most recent and newest plaques. Indeed, Rosie's name was there. Erik looked at the older Ravenclaw and wondered if she liked having her name on something permanently in the school.​

Rosie was pretty happy to hear that the boy was going to yell at her for the bell suggestion that she had given him. A lot of people would probably be offended at the very thought of wearing a bell around their neck. Such a thing was usually reserved for cows and cats. "You'd look pretty cute with a bell around your neck! I'm sure the other girls would be all over that!" If Rosie thought it would look pretty cute, she was pretty sure that other girls would think the same thing. Then again, the boy also looked like he was pretty young. Rosie felt like boys should remain sweet and innocent as long as they possibly could. Once they got older, they could be sort of gross and mean. Rosie looked at Bryce sometimes, and remembered back when he was a cute little first year. Funny enough, his blood kept him from being all sweaty and gross for the most part, but he did have his moments where Rosie wondered if his manly hormones were too much for him to handle. So yes, this cute little boy needed to remain cute and innocent as long as he possibly could.

"Nice to meet you Erik! Don't worry, I'm definitely not into the whole stereotyping thing. I've met plenty of nice Slytherin's and mean Hufflepuffs in my time." Rosie thought that stereotyping was pretty dumb, especially since one shouldn't judge the house they come from. Then again, Rosie was super into learning and that was how most people saw a typical Ravenclaw. Rosie paused when she heard the boy Erik announced that he didn't have any trophies within the case, but that he remembered seeing one with her name on it. Raising an eyebrow, Rosie followed the boy so she could take a look for herself. Sure enough, she had one for being one of the top points earner. "Wow, I do have something with my name in it! How cliche though, top points earner? This just further proves that last year I was much more focused than I am this year." No longer did she have straight O's. But she blamed the whole divorce between her parents and the fact that the whole Bryce and Sofii thing was tearing her down. Rosie knew she needed to get a grip before she really let her grades slide. Then she'd be in some real trouble!

It was as if the girl had this button to make Erik blush on her and she was repeatedly tapping it since Erik flushed red once more with her comment on how he would look really cute with a bell around his neck. Girls would be all over him if that happened? Maybe one day, but right now, he did not want to really think about it. He was not into girls just yet. Sure, he liked them, but he had no romantic feelings toward them and likely won't for a while. "Thanks, I will keep that in mind the next time I want to get romantic toward a girl. Or find me a girl that is." He shrugged those lean shoulders since he was not sure if he wanted to even find a girl anytime soon. Things just did not work out at times. He was cute right now, but he did not think that it would last anytime soon. Even though he was part-veela, he was only a fourth. Well, that was still enough to make him insanely good looking. It was a shame he could not charm people. That would have been fun for the Slytherin.

Rosie seemed rather nice, and he thought that she could be a good friend if he talked for her long time. And she was not into the stereotypes. He raised an eyebrow and he asked, "Mean Hufflepuffs? Like who?" He did not know any, of course, Hades Styx II's reputation had not circled to the Slytherin. He had seen a few nice Slytherins, but moreover, he had seen more of the cliched ones and that was just boring on so many levels. She mentioned on how cliched it was, and then she mentioned on how she was more focused last year than the previous year. He looked over at her and he shrugged, "Well, it is an accomplishment. But why aren't you focused this year? If I can ask anyway." He was curious to see what had her distracted. If she was good enough to have her name on something in here, then maybe the distraction was big. A boyfriend? Family troubles? Oh he knew a lot about the latter. Sometimes, it was weird growing up with two dads, before one vanished. And his mom vanished too. The last thing he wanted to see her do was fail classes. That would really hurt her in the long run.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back