Nature and It's Magic

Cosette Mayfair

OOC First Name
Mintzy ❤
Wand
Eucalyptus Wand 13 1/2 Essence of Mermaid Scale
Sometimes the Rosebush were the perfect place to read. It was usually deserted, and one would think that there was something wrong with it, yet, it seemed like the perfect picture. The flowers swaying in the wind, the blades of grass dancing. Magic, not the artificial kind, like warlocks and wizards and witches, no. It was nature's magic. Who knew nature was so wonderful at times? The Rosebush, are just one of the many examples. The mix of colours, the perfect setting for one of Cosette's stories.As she felt the nature with her, the puff auburn hair brightened into a fiery reddish color. It was another wonders of the girls gift, she curled her hair running through her finger tips. She loved to sketch, write and read, inventing worlds and reading the imagination of those others. One of the Mayfair's fantasies.

Cosette was different to her siblings. They loved fame, it was only Armand who liked reading, but he was too proud to talk to Cosette about it. There was a difference between Doctor Who and The City Of Fallen Angels. Cosette held tightly onto her black leather book, which she kept her novel in, and her favorite book, and of course, a quill. Cosette sat down on the nearest bench, in the middle of a patch of tulips, her mothers favorite flowers, while, the puff preferred forget-me-nots. The girl crossed her legs and placed her book in her lap, her elbow resting on her knee, while her hand held her cheek to keep her face up. This day was different, as she didn't brought her flute with her. Perhaps there were more things to do today, other than play her instrument.

Clary sighed as Jace frowned. The words swarmed around Cosette as she read, page by page, in a little fantasy world of her own. Who knew? Maybe they were real people.

With the weather picking up and the sun accompany his way outside today, there was no reason for Dymetris to really stay inside at all. Except for the pile of work he needed to do for his lessons and the books he forgot to return to the library, that did not stop the part veela boy from enjoying the warm sun. Really you be mad to stay coop up inside all day, cause once winter do come he avoided the out doors. Not that New Zealand was ever as brutal as Russia, still, it was never the same like these days. The birds or fairies outside flew around him, a buzzing noise ring around his ears. He shooed the away, they mean no harm but he like that nothing would mess up his day of relaxation.

With no plans set in stones and the day was open for possibilities, he made his way towards the first part of the school he went to when he first arrived here at Hogwarts. Course this part left old memories with his old best friend Isabella, still he was okay coming here to the Rose Bush. Where he could openly just sit down, relax a little and maybe work on some verbal spells his uncle been teaching him over the vacation. Upon arriving the rock pebbles ground and some green area of the rose bush, he sought he wouldn't be alone here today. Brilliant, he was alright with company and to his surprise he realize the company he would be having today was someone he meant a few weekends ago when he went to the park that day to almost been ran over by those cycler.

"Hey Cosette? It's nice to see you again, do you mind if I join you?" he asked with a pleasant smile gracing his lips.

It seems life forever for the two to be together again, Clary and Jace. Cosette had some similarities with Clary, take for example their hairs and well then again she could just turn herself into hers. It was different being Cosette, though the good thing was no one seems to bully her for being special. Maybe because no one seems to know her little secret just yet, still there was a lot of explaining to do when she gets home. The gentle breeze collapse unto the puffs face, making her feel the freshness of the weather. She remembered planting a flower somewhere here int the Rosebush, or maybe not. She watched her hands resting on her lap, it was obvious that each day she was getting paler and paler. It was indeed the best idea to went outside to get a little sun, even though it gave her freckles.

As she was enjoying the sun shining through her now ginger hair, Cosette heard a familiar voice. It was Dymetris, the guy she met before. The boy who she helped after some barbarians ran over him, "Oh, You still remember my name. Hello Dymetris, nice to see you too. Sure I'd love to. she replied with a light smile on her face. It was such a surprise to see him at this very moment, though some part of Cosette wanted to see Dymetris once more. It would also be the perfect place and time to get to know each other, if fate allows them to do so. "So How you've been Dymetris?" she asked her trying to escape from her comfort zone. Not that she felt uncomfortable with boys or anything, it's just.. it's been a while since Cosette talked to a boy other than Dymetris.

Dymetris smiled at Cosette. She was so different from most of the girl he knew, but there was something else about her that stood out a lot and it was taking him a while to figure out what it was. "Course I remember the name of a fellow puff" his smile turn into a grin. He gladly took his space right besides her. Next to her, Dymetris look weird possibly because of his fashion style. It was so American in every way, and not just typical American, he really was into the urban outlet whenever he went to America with his moms. "I've been okay, you know nothing new" he said with a shrug. If he could share anything new, he would tell her to stimulate their conversation. Though he was hopeless at any type of conversation. In a group he did well, by himself not so much.

"What about yourself?" he asked the bright ginger. It's weird to see a ginger with golden eyes, yet he find her looks fascinating. She was very pretty in every sense, made him quite nervous a little. "Did you go to the Halloween feast?" he asked her. It was a past event that happen recently in school. Last year he went as an avatar, this year he skip the event fully. Not because he was avoiding anyone, he just didn't feel festive this year. He like Halloween, don't get him wrong, sometimes he prefers just hanging out in the Puff's common room.

There were only a few puffs that Cosette knew and befriended, Dymetris was the third among them. She felt that it was better to interact with other students from different students and try to socialize. It was a nice thing to know that Dymetris remembered her. Cosette smiled back, her smile widening. The last time that Cosette went to America was possibly when she was ten years old, due to one of her father's meeting in Los Angeles. Dyemtris reminded Cosette of the place, he looked very America from his clothes and Cosette liked it. "That's good to hear, the okay part." she replied while glancing at him. Cosette liked the honesty of Dymetris words, knowing he meant everything he said to her.

"I've been good, better I think. Cosette spoke as she took a streak of her hair and twirled it. It was just so fascinating too see the wonders of her gift, like her bright ginger hair flowing though her shoulder. Still Cosette found her auburn her more original, as she heard Halloween feast Cosette stopped playing with her hair and took a glance once more at her fellow puff. "I did, but I really didn't interact with anyone though. I needed to do something after that soo.." Cosette replied in shy tone looking at her hand resting on lap. If it wasn't for her mother's letter, Cosette possible stayed longer at the feast and met new friends. "How about you? I think I didn't see you there." she asked him as she popped her head and straightened her back. Cosette had a little habit of slightly bending her neck. Maybe it was because of the mangga she read last year and taught her how to be more adorable, it was worth a shot anyway.

Dymetris fell hypnotize to her twirling finger, her hair was extraordinary bright that day. He like it, it was strange yet delightful on her pretty head. He wasn't all that out of it, he still could hear her voice while spacing out. "N-No actually I decided to hang in the common room that night. I had a bit of catching up with my assignment" mostly Ancient runes. It was the hardest subject he was taking this year, but it will be all worth the struggle of learning Ancient Runes. He smiled at Cosette, "So how's everything going for you?" she was a new friend to him, everything about her was new to the boy. He would like to get to know in a level were they both could enjoy each other company.

For some reason Cosette felt comfortable yet kind of shy around Dymetris, perhaps somehow she liked him. Unlike her past few friends who are boys, she never felt something like this. Cosette simply nodded upon hearing him talk, she felt bad that she wasn't able to attend all her classes. Even though she didn't needed it, some part of her insist to do so. The puff continued to smile at Dymetris, playing with her fingers now to keep herself from blushing. "Everything is fine, for now. Though I wish it would change or something. And yours?" she asked her back. She knew it was getting a bit of dull, if only something could happen..anything really. As the wind blew, Cosette's bright ginger hair covered her face. She slowly pulled her hair out of her face, twirling it once more to return to it's curls.

Dymetris looked at her confused. "Well what do you mean by that? I wish it could change?" he quoted back her words. If you want to really know what someone mean, it's good to ask. He was learning that as he matured. Not that he could call himself matured, more like afraid of rejection. The world is nasty and it could be really mean like his uncle. He was toughening up a lot, he could see that a new side of him was shining through. Well maybe just with Cosette, he's less nosy but it's seem like with her he was different? He could totally dig that he was liking her, but rushing through would suck if she wasn't feeling the same way. He looked upwards his attention when elsewhere, till he remembered she ask him the same question in reverse.

"Right now I'm just curious" he smiled a little to take the seriousness away between them. Curious what she had in mind. He turn away again facing forward. He had a habit of not staying still when something boggle his mind at the moment, he pretty much acted like a small child. He tap his fingers together and look back at her, again he smile half heartily. "It's okay you can say anything, we are friends right?"

The weather complimented their conversation in some ways, like when the two were quite and the wind blew. "Change, as in more exciting. Really, new stuff and adventure." she replied smiling at Dymetris. She like the idea that he asked her why and how so, while other students would just ignore what she'd said. Cosette was somehow getting a hang of this, talking to her fellow schoolmate. As she wasn't the type of girl who would socialize before, it was only during certain occasions that she allowed herself to interact with the visitors. It was her siblings, Marianne and Armand who would talked and more likely impress them. She was shy and had her own world inside of her, but now everything changed when Cosette started to be outgoing.

It was fun though, starting a new life style and most especially meeting new people to befriend with. "It's good to be curious." she replied still smiling at her. Cosette would look away from time to time, hoping Dymetris wouldn't see her staring at him. Now that would be very embarrassing, ..that means you're interested." she thought. Cosette hope she wasn't a bore at all, after all his smile slightly made her melt to her knees."Yes we are." she replied with glee. Though she wasn't sure what to say to him next, probably something...anything really was fine. "So I've heard you're a Prefect? Must be surreal huh?" Cosette spoke continuing to smile as she bent her head slightly.

His face never changed except when he had to look away to distract himself a little more. According to how he was feeling right now, it was hard to stay still. He would play with his fingers and nod when it was appropriate. The conversation with her was nice, it needed more still it was great to talk someone else besides his reflection in the mirror or that little voice it you're head when you was bored at night. "It's nice, I get a little more authority from other students so I can't complain. It's a lot of work too" his fingers curled around his other fist. He would pretend to yawn and stretch, sitting on your bum on the ground so uncomfortable.

That's when an idea hit him, well idea. "Do you want to take a walk? I'm getting sore sitting here" he started to stand, brushing his pants off from the rubbish that dirty his pants. He would take her near the forest just the edges and they could look at any creatures that are around. "Come on maybe we could turn some gnome to stones, I learn a spell this week that works on everything. Except you can't do it on humans" he grin, he had his wand ready at his pockets, he's been itching to use that spell just for that. He stretched out his hand to help her off she needed his assistance.

The crisp air was somehow irritating Cosette, she didn't wanted her hair to mess up but especially cover her face. Even though it landed perfect enough to not comb, she hated the way it would cover her eyes. It was easy to communicate with Dymetris, she felt comfortable and at ease as each minute passes by. Cosette once befriended a Prefect before and now he today is the Head Boy of Hogwarts, it seems that Prefects were indeed kind and friendly. "Sound a lot of fun and work too." she replied smiling. Cosette's body was starting to ache, probably because the only part of her body that was moving is her head. And also her hands, it was quite painful though. Not moving for like thirty minutes or so, the puff wanted to stretch her arms and legs.

Luckily she heard Dymetris asking her if they could go on a walk somewhere. "Oh Yes,it would be nice to stretch our muscles." Cosette spoke and stood up immediately. She could feel her tense legs relax, her body started to feel refreshed by what she had done. Though the ginger wondered where would the two of them go? She had no clue where, but Cosette was happy to spend her time with Dymetris. "Sound great! Let's go." replied the puff. Cosette then got her book and placed it inside her bag for safe keeping. "Lead the way." she continued on, hinting they were to go to the forest or something near there.

He wasn't really sure if he would really turn a gnomes to stone. It's part of him not to ever hurt any living creatures, he grew up with those morals. Yet gnomes were very viscous and nasty creature. Ever tried taking them out of your garden? It's one of those time he would hate being in any part of the garden. The rose bush was okay, garden you think otherwise. He could feel his inside twist and turn at the idea facing gnome, if they saw one today. They don't just come out and announce to the world that they are causing havoc to their poor garden. Very sneaky creatures they are, he learn all this and more at the library. He decided for a week he would be doing something else with his valuable time. He look over at Cosette, maybe...

"So tell me about yourself, are you from New Zealand? Or some other part of the world?" he stride casually along her side. The air was at a crisp but still nice around them. The part of the school ground was a big patch of green land all around them. Trees were spread till you get close to the forbidden forest. Trees around here were a little younger than the ones in the forest. He could tell by the bark, if they were brown than they were younger. The ones in the forest he notice it to be a shade of grey. H wonder if anyone would make the comparison, truly anyone puff would know that. As they come near the edge, he took out his wand.

Gnomes into stones? Cosette wasn't really interested in gnomes, as she found it creepy and evil. Though it sound like a heck of a fun to turn them in stones, of course she was looking for an adventure herself. Her smile remained on Cosette face, as the two started to walk. Side by side, her arms swinging and every now and she would glance at Dymetris. The only time she saw gnomes was near their neighborhood, and that was miles away from their compound. Though it was far different that the gnomes in the wizardry world, their were more like statues. Inside the puff, she was happy to be on an adventure, anything is fine with her as long as she could be with someone.

"I was born in Paris but I grew up in here in New Zealand." she replied. From time to time Cosette and her family would visit Paris often, she liked better there. Unlike here in New Zealand, she wasn't allowed to leave the premises of their mansion without any permission. On the other side, when she's in Paris Cosette was allowed to wander the city. Perhaps their parents were more comfortable staying there, still she liked living in two different places. "How about you? I sense that you're from Russia, coming from your accent?" she returned the question. The Mayfair traveled to Russia once, but never got the chance to see the city as it's best.

"Oh wow...it make sense" he said with a smile. It made sense now cause he found extraordinary beautiful. All girls were beautiful to him, but Cosette, he couldn't help but feel a little you know more attractive to her than before. "Yes you're right I am from Russia, родился и вырос" born and raised he finished saying. "May I ask....something" he stop in his tracks. Her hair, her eyes they were so different, a lot bolder than normal. He just needed to make sure. "Do you have a certain gift? Like that can make you change your looks in anyways.." it was the biggest hint he was throwing at his fellow puff. She was pretty like a veela, but beautiful and bolder...which lead him to wondering if she was something else besides his own race.

Cosette was a little startled when he heard Dymetris saying it make sense? What makes sense? Though she knew it was something positive, the puff smiled upon hearing him ending his sentence in a Russian way. The truth was Cosette doesn't understand their language but always found it soothing to her ears. "Sure." she replied still smiling at him. There was a sudden hint of her that he would ask something more personal, but it was fine the ginger. She liked sharing other details about herself, after all there was nothing wrong with that. At first she giggled upon hearing the Dymetris words, she knew this would be a topic later on but Cosette didn't expect the question sooner or later."Since you've thought of that, I do actually. I'm a Metamorphmagus, it's a gift to make me change my looks in some ways. Though it actually depend on my environment and mood." she spoke at the end biting her lips. Cosette knew that with this gift she was more different, in some ways alluring.

"Oh really? It make sense cause your eyes they were different shade when I first you and today they are so much bolder. It's very unusual but unique" he admitted a clever look bestowed his face, saying he was good at figuring some girls out at least. He kept walking, daze with this new found of information. "I'm really liking the conversation I'm having with you...it's been nice." he kicked the dirt beneath with him, and twist the end of his braid that fell right next to his shoulder. All these small movements and than some, just so he could get close to her. Maybe he was going to far, with liking her and all. At the same time he's been single for a while now and it was about time he started liking someone else besides Tara.

"..Also, umm there's something else I wanted to ask you. another question" he used his hands this time to talk, they move quickly to distract from his nerves. He was saving this for later, but he couldn't help it. He may never get his chance with Cosette if she's single. If she wasn't he be doom to rejection and that bother him a lot considering his previous relationship went bad. "Are you seeing anyone? Like do you have a boyfriend?" he stuttered in between words, blushed as he said them and almost fell as he tried walking while staring at her too.

"I take that as a compliment, so thanks." she replied still giggling. Cosette liked how Dymetris reacted, unlike other people who would ask her to change her nose or something. As the two kept walking Cosette could feel butterflies in her stomach, it was rather the first time she felt that. For other fifteen year olds some started dating and on the other hand there was Cosette, who remained single and inexperience in dating or whatsoever. It was Armand her sibling who would flirt with girls and such. "Me too." she replied then glanced at Dymetris. She liked how their conversation were leading too, though there were so many things she didn't knew about him yet. Cosette liked how Dymetris would ask him questions, as she was good at answering at it.

"Ask away." she spoke nodding. Cosette looked down momentarily at the green grass covering the ground. She noticed that from the tone of Dymetris voice, he was sounding nervous or something. Then as he spoke Cosette couldn't help but blush upon hearing Dymetris asking her the question. The truth was she never really thought of that idea, nor did it ever entered into her mind. It took her a couple of minutes to take in the question, "I don't have one actually." she replied smiling at him to cover her nervousness about the topic. As she glanced back to him, Cosette saw him staring at her which made her turn red. She could feel her cheek burning like fire, and her hair glow more brighter. "Why'd you asked?" Cosette spoke, wondering what was on the puff's mind.

Well this is your chance it's now or never. He cleared his throat, flick his eyes a few times, and fixed them right back her when he well composed. "I haven't dated in a while.." he started to say, get to the point already, he was terrible at coming up with words. "I was wondering, if perhaps you like to give me a try? I mean at dating" he said now rubbing the back of his neck. It was a sign of nervous itch or possible rejection. Most male do it in said situation, since he was labeling himself average then he was like most males. Maybe worst in this scenario. He tried to smile, though his lips lift would then fall back again.

He like her a lot, though she remain a mystery to him, that was okay. There's times they could get to know each other better as they dated. He like going about it that way. It would express his interest in her more and he won't feel likes he's fail in the dating part of his life. He was young but more experience he reckon would give him a little more confident in his social department. Plus she was gorgeous, how can you not like a girl like Cosette? "So what do you say?"

Everything seems to be going fast as Cosette expected to, fast in a good way. She glanced back at Dymetris, staring at his eyes. There was something that he wanted to say, but Cosette just couldn't figure it out just yet. Dating? Was the word that overpowered his statement. At first Cosette tried to smile at him, wondering if he was joking or not. She wasn't used to this thing yet, such things that somehow related to love or lust. Perhaps it was just pure infatuation, then again nothing was impossible at this moment. The puff needed a few minutes to take it all it, she haven't decided yet what to say. But the truth is she liked Dymetris a lot, she was just a bit of shy to admit that to him.

There was nothing wrong about what Dymetris suggested, she likes him and maybe he likes her in a different level at some point. So without with a due, Cosette turned her head and faced him. "Sure." she replied as her cheeks were blushing. It was the only way she could think of, one word says it all. It started to be awkward now, and Cosette remained silent. She wasn't sure of what to say next, the ginger wasn't prepared for anything like this. Playing and twirling her hair once more to distract herself for a couple of minutes before Dymetris would react.

Dymetris almost died waiting for her to say anything. Her faced flushed she stop saying anything, than finally she spoke just one word. He could feel his stomach flop; it was like first time all over again. Except he was more experience than the last time. He will know what to do, he’ll know how to act and it won’t end on a bad note. His uncle will not ruin this relationship up. If he made his two cent about his business again, Dymetris will pull his head out of his arse and give his uncle his own two cents about him. Ancient Runes or the stars that guide every decision of the world please don’t let me mess up. I really really like this girl. He pleaded in silence, not his usual way for asking for hope, but hey it was something. Plus he was beginning to believe in Astronomy and symbols affected his way of life all the time. Asenka genes were kicking in, she will be surprised he took an interest what most Ravenclaws were known for; Astronomy.

”What now?” his smile and his eyes danced to his inner emotions. They both stop walking at once to make a big, quick, and yet exciting decision together. He out stretched his hand and took a hold of Cosette’s hand. Next step was a kiss, to make it official between them. It’s like a secret code for new couples; however he didn’t want to jump the gun. He would hate to ruin it if she wasn’t ready for that. It has to all come out naturally, nice, sweet and close to perfect.

It was Cosette's first time with dating, and she was't aware of the usual thing to do. She did once saw her aunt kissing her boyfriend but she was too young to understand at that time. The only thing that she was sure of is the she liked Dymetris a lot, Cosette bit her lips wondering if kissing was the next step to make it official. Somehow the puff felt ashamed of herself, she was so confused and too ignorant at this. As the two stopped walking, she felt worried Dymetris get irritated with her. She was too silent that all she was doing was glancing back and forth at him. Finally Cosette took a deep breath and stared at Dymetris eyes, better say the truth. Though how on earth will she say it to him, gasping for air Cosette straightened her back and faced Dymetris.

"I really don't know how this works, it's my first time with this kind of thing. Dating." she admitted. Hoping that Dymetris would understand her at some point, Cosette could feel her stomach swirling. And as Dymetris held her hand she could feel a sudden sting of electricity flowing through her body. It was not exactly how she picture it to be but it was more surreal. As for the kiss, Cosette didn't wanted to do that first, if ever it would occur now she somehow felt that she was prepared for it. The puff pursed her lips and ended up smiling again, this time to cover up her nervousness.

Dymetris somehow knew, his face stretched to a goofy grin. "It's okay, don't worry about it. I am kinda new, not totally new but I understand from a boy's point of view" he may not get it really, but human are normal. Gifted or not, she was still a regular girl."How bout on a Brightstone weekend I take you out for a first date? To get to know each other better and all" he suggested. It would be nice, he'll get to really know her more, plus dates usually are fun. "What do you say to that?"

Kissing her would be a problem right now, she look the type to slow down. How he came to deciding that told him enough he was learning quickly about relationship and girls. Not all girls were going to kiss him right away, like Tara did with him. Wow his ex girlfriend had been the fast one, but that was because he rush into too. No fault there, young teens just doing what adults did when they were around.

Cosette now could actually breath, she could feel her heart slow down. It was much better than before, at the same time it was comforting to hear Dymetris words. The last time she went to Brightstone was when she actually met Dymetris, it would be nice to visit the place more often. "Sound great." she replied now smiling at him. The usual tension Cosette felt before was slowly fading. It would be her first date ever, but right now she didn't wanted to expect anything else. As she face Dymetris she gave a gentle smile and wondered what will the two of them would be doing now that was over. The awkwardness was over, the puff still wanted to get to know him today.

"Oh and if you're wondering what my natural hair color is, here." she spoke ending it with a giggle. Cosette's hair then slowly changed into her original color, auburn. It was more darker than her ginger hair before. Still she liked the way it looked, dark or not. Though of course she had natural gold eyes, but at times she didn't really wished to change it. It changes due to it's mood as well, Cosette continued to smile at Dymetris wondering what would happen next.

Dymetris nodded, he was getting good at this girl situation now. He felt like a pro, he knew exactly what to say and when to say it. He had to thank his veela blood for the confident and the knowledge he was gaining each time he made a girl smile or simply agree to his plans. "Oh wow, my parents would die to get to know you" he chuckle. Both woman were very much involved with witches fashion and they were major expert in hairstyle. They had been the main reason he went all black but the braids were his idea. Urban style suited him.

He began to walk again as he spoke, "Is your eyes are they really gold or are they another natural color?" he ask in wonder of her ability. For the rest of the afternoon he spent his time listening too her and actually enjoying the warm weather. Pretty soon Summer will be here, then Fall, and ultimately Winter.

It was nice to have meet someone who understand her gift, not all students would accept her for looking different especially her sibling. Though for some quite time she learned that not all students were mean to her, probably Cosette was too bothered with her childhood. She stood there, wondering if what Dymetris said was a comment. Perhaps it was, even though Cosette was a little puzzled to hear his words. The puff smiled at Dymetris, glad to hear his response. It was her gift that made her a whole new person, after discovering it just last year made her feel special in her very own way. This time she could perhaps stand out among her siblings, and be appreciated for her talent.

As they began to walk, not sure of where they were now going. Cosette heard another statement for Dymetris, she knew he would be curious about her eyes.. everyone did. "I was born with gold eyes, so I guess it's really natural..I suppose or did you mean real gold?" she replied ending it with a slight giggle. Cosette wondered if Dymetris thought her eyes were made of gold, now that would be silly as that would never in a million years happen to a human being. Though it would be amazing yet dangerous to have real gold eyes, it would cost a fortune.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back