Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Freya
Wand
Curved 14 Inch Rigid Cypress Wand with Acromantula Web Core
It was a lot warmer here than it was back in New Zealand during the break so instead of wearing normal jeans and a hoodie, the sixteen-year-old was walking around in shorts and a t-shirt. He was glad that his friend had warned him about the temperature differences but this was just absurd. ''Jesus, Mari,'' Asaiah said when she held the door open for him so he could step inside. ''You really weren't kidding about the temperature here. How the hell do you manage to live in this heat?'' he asked his best friend, thinking that she must have been freezing her ass off back at school. It had been nice of the girl to offer him her place to stay at over the break, even though his siblings did not agree with him on spending his time in Puerto Rico rather than with one of them or with his aunt and uncle in France. He was never going to France again so living with his relatives was out of the question, which he had made clear to his older brother and sister so that they would stop convincing him to stay with them for the time being. And even though his parents had given him their house, Asaiah had no intention of setting foot in that place anytime soon, so when Marisol asked the teen if he would like to come stay with her he decided to take her up on that offer.

Marisol wished she could be more excited to have her best friend come stay with her over the break, but the circumstances under which he was staying here were not exactly fun or pleasant. Even though she thought Asaiah should be with his family after their parent's death, she also understood his need to distance himself from it all and was glad her parents were okay with letting him stay with them for the break.

Marisol laughed at Asaiah's comment about the temperature and shook her head. "Now you understand how I felt moving to a place like New Zealand," she quipped with a chuckle. She had never seen snow until she had moved to Hogwarts, so now Asaiah was about to experience what living on a tropical island felt like. She was currently wearing shorts and a sleeveless blouse which she never wore at Hogwarts without a cardigan because she didn't want anyone to see the scars on her shoulder from her attack. But since her family all knew she was a werewolf, she didn't have to hide them so she was free to wear sleeveless things which was great because it was always hot and humid here. "This is nothing, sometimes I feel like I'm melting," Marisol joked, though sometimes the humidity did make her feel that way at times. "At least you don't have long hair so it won't get all frizzy with this humidity," she said with a chuckle, thinking optimistically.

Marisol led him to her older brother's vacant bedroom and let him in. He had moved out after he finished high school so Asaiah had the room all to himself, which is probably the reason why her parents were so okay with him staying with them. Mari sat down on the bed and turned back to Asaiah. "So, how are you?" It was a simple question but she was asking so much more than that. She wanted to watch his reaction closely to see how he was holding up without his family.

Asaiah nodded at his best friend's response as he finally understood why she would sometimes complain to him about the weather temperature back home and couldn't blame her for doing so anymore since he would probably have done the same thing if he would be used to this kind of temperature. It was obvious that things here were different than in New Zealand but the one thing he thought was strange was seeing how casually dressed Marisol was here compared to at school, of course he knew why but still. He often caught himself staring at the girl's scars whilst the two of them were talking to one another since they wouldn't be so visible normally. ''Everyone would,'' he joked back, though was sure that he would get used to the heat here eventually. ''I here I thought that instead of cutting it, I would let my hair grow.'' the teen commented jokingly. ''Guess that's going to have to wait till we're back in New Zealand then,'' he added. He'd been thinking of growing it a little to see if it would fit him but with everything that had happened, Asaiah hadn't really given it a thought again until now.

Asaiah followed his friend as she led him to her older brother's bedroom and put his backpack down on the ground next to what would be his bed for now. The teen figured that this question would come sooner or later though had hoped that it would be later in the hope that he could avoid it then. He didn't want Marisol to worry about him so instead told her that he was fine, even though he hadn't had a good night's sleep in weeks and was pretty sure that his anxiety was kicking in again.

Marisol chuckled at Asaiah's comment about his hair and eyed him carefully, trying to picture him with longer hair. "You could always shave your head again, that was a pretty good look for you," she suggested playfully, ruffling his hair in the process. Marisol put her hand back down in her lap and studied him briefly as he said he was fine without saying anything more. There were so many things running through her own mind she couldn't possibly begin to comprehend what must be going through his own mind at the moment. She didn't want to pry in case he wasn't ready to talk yet, but she hoped he wouldn't hold things in either since that wouldn't be good for him either. "Well, whenever you want to talk, I'll be here for you," she said with a bright smile, hoping to cheer him up. She didn't want to dwell on the subject for too long because she was sure it was almost always on his mind and he probably needed a distraction, so Marisol changed the subject. "Now you'll get to see just how boring a magic-free, completely Muggle lifestyle is," she sighed dramatically, shaking her head, but chuckling afterward. "So unfortunately that means no practicing Quidditch out here," she said with an apologetic frown.

Asaiah grinned when she said that he could always shave his head again, and though he did think that it was a good look on him too, wasn't too eager on shaving it anytime soon as he thought that what he had now made him look a little older. ''Could say the same to you, perhaps a shaved head looks nice on you,'' the sixteen-year-old replied as a joke to the comment she made earlier about it getting all frizzy. He took a deep breath and nodded his head. He knew that she would be there for him if he needed her because she had always been there for him whenever something wasn't okay. Asaiah smiled back at his friend and mouthed a 'thank you' before listening to her once more. ''Who says that it is going to get boring?'' the Slytherin asked his best friend, looking her in the eyes. ''I'm around my favourite person so I'm pretty sure it won't get boring for even a second.'' Thinks had never gotten boring before back at Hogwarts, even when they weren't doing anything that required the use of magic, so didn't think that things would differ much now that they were here. He shrugged the girl's comment off and said, ''Like we need practice,'' grinning widely at her.

Marisol scrunched her nose at the idea of shaving her head but laughed afterward, saying, "I couldn't pull off that look as good as you do." She smiled again when he said he wouldn't get bored because he was with her and beamed at the thought. "I guess you're right," she considered. "I'm usually bored when I come home but with you here it should be fun," she said with a smile. Her smile faltered slightly when she thought of how she complained about coming home to her family but Asaiah would never get to do that again and she felt insensitive for saying such a thing. She didn't want to tiptoe around him because he deserved more than to be treated like some fragile being, but she was often known for speaking without filtering her mind so she needed to be more careful now. Thankfully the subject was back on Quidditch which was a safe topic for them both. She grinned at his comment and said, "Well, I don't need practice because my team actually got won the cup this year," she stuck her tongue out at him playfully. Though of course Gryffindor had ended up losing to Beauxbatons which wasn't exactly stellar, but at least they had been the best of their school and actually gotten the chance to compete against the other school, whereas Asaiah's house had lost their opportunity to play against Beauxbatons the year before.
<i></i>

Asaiah sat down next to Marisol on the bed and smiled back at her. ''Are you kidding me? You could pull anything off,'' he told the girl. The two of them had never really talked about what they would do when they'd return home for the break, so when he heard her say that she was usually bored when she would come home, he looked at her with surprise. ''Really? But it always seems so eventful in your letters... Or is that just me misinterpreting things?'' he asked. He knew that she was trying her best not to be like her usual self, and whilst he appreciated what she was doing, wished that Marisol wouldn't do that because he did not want to be treated differently now that his parents and sister were dead. The teen did not want his best friends to think that they couldn't say certain things around him anymore just because they would think that it would in some way hurt his feelings. He hated that everyone was suddenly treating him as if he was made of glass that could shatter at any given moment so hoped that soon she'd forget about being careful around him so they could start having fun without having to be watchful of what they were saying whenever he was nearby. Asaiah chuckled and shook his head slightly. ''Oh yeah, keep on reminding me that Slytherin didn't win. Again,'' he said with a playful push.

For some reason the compliment from Asaiah made Marisol blush but she said, "Thanks," as she tucked her hair behind her ear to try and hide the pink tint in her cheeks. "And for the record, so can you," she added, smiling at Asaiah with a small smile. Marisol laughed when he mentioned the letters she usually wrote him over the summer, or winter break for him, and shook her head lightly to assure him he wasn't exactly misinterpreting things. "I may exaggerate every now and then," she shrugged with a guilty laugh. "How else am I supposed to make sure you miss me while I'm gone?" she said dramatically, shaking him playfully and laughing. Her letters were a way to remind him that she was a fun person he should miss while she was not around because she definitely missed her friends when they were not around.

Marisol laughed again when he pushed her for rubbing their loss in his face again and pushed him back slightly as she said, "I mean Gryffindor being better than Slytherin is nothing new here," and giggled as she braced herself for another shove from him. But something popped in her mind suddenly so she decided to ask, "Speaking of Beauxbatons, how's Jessica? Are you guys still together?" The last time she asked because Asaiah had been so distraught she thought they had broken up or something but he had said that wasn't it. Instead he'd finally told her about his family's accident, which had obviously taken precedence in the majority of their conversations thereafter and how he ended up here at her house now. But now that things were settling down and she was trying to act normal around him again, Marisol was curious about the girl again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back